menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits (All about your favorite movies and other tidbits)
Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
chrisdvanne_ Post # 106 | Wednesday, 31 Oct 2012 - 12:50
Group: Administrators
Quote (robbo)
wow just imagine summer glau. waving that about heads will roll, beware we have seen what she can do with an axe. so take cover and run for the hills,

TWO at firefly.net posted these :

Original Jedi Chef photos taken from jedifireflychefs, background from Star Wars Episode II.
Not shown of the main firefly/serenity cast are Gina Torres and Adam Baldwin.

But I think we can all agree that River Tam could get hardcore with a lightsaber. I gave her a purple one on whim alone. Other than that, I'm a traditionalist: all that yellow, orange, silver, etc. lightsaber color business weirds me out.

Firefly cast with light sabers - Star Wars
Source : Minor-Interest

Summer Glau as Princess Leia?!
Yes it's true, George Lucas has released this teaser photo of Glau in the role of Princess Leia made famous by Carrie Fisher in 1977.
No official statement about the remaining cast, or an official release date have been given.

Fan boards have been wetting themselves over this one, and have floated their own ideas over casting the role of Han Solo. Fans of Firefly have immediately jumped to Nathan Fillion, Glau's co-star on that show, as a perfect new Solo. Others have suggested Hugh Jackman as being "perfect for the role"

Firefly cast with light sabers - Star Wars
Source : scamble

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 107 | Wednesday, 14 Nov 2012 - 21:03
Bear McCreary will write the music for the eight-episode historical drama series from David S. Goyer launching next spring, Da Vinci's Demons.

Da Vinci's Demons centers on the "untold" story of the world's greatest genius, Leonardo da Vinci (played by Tom Riley), during his turbulent youth in Renaissance Florence.

Source : THR

robbo Post # 108 | Thursday, 15 Nov 2012 - 04:06
Group: Friends
bear mcCreary what a music writer. the mans a maestro regarding tv shows, nice to hear his name mentioned. great that hes keeping himself busy. did a amazing job with tscc music. awesome, smile

chrisdvanne_ Post # 109 | Wednesday, 28 Nov 2012 - 14:45
According to a new Deadline report, Schwarzenegger has signed an agreement with Universal Pictures to return to his iconic role in The Legend Of Conan.

This project is at an early stage and we're not goint to see the final product (if one) anytime soon.

robbo Post # 110 | Thursday, 29 Nov 2012 - 01:07
how old is arnold schwarzenegger now seems as tho he has been on the go for ages, i think terminator was about 1984, but seems to be fit and strong enough to carry on with his films, should have named the film the pensioner of conan, sorry just joking. ps just watched prometheus, tonight what a cool film directed by ridley scott, loved it. smile

KevinInEngland Post # 111 | Thursday, 29 Nov 2012 - 17:42
Hello Alex. I'm glad I decided to visit this wiki and explore it a bit more. I am extremely interested in this film because I write TSCC fanfiction. It was not until I wrote about time travel and the well-known paradox that it creates, that I realised the complexities of it are quite awesome, especially if you are not a good thinker or have some kind of brain injury caused by sub-arachnoid aneurysm for instance.
I watched an episode of New Haven yesterday and in it, 2 characters travel back to 1955 (my birth year). The writers handled the changes that were made in a rather 'Back to the future' manner, which I thought was weird.
I also watched Continuum and noticed that some of the characters did not know what would happen if they killed a relative ancestor. Of course this depends on whether you believe in multiple universes, which is exactly 'you're not my Jesse' and in T1 'one possible future', where multiple universes do exist. But, and I believe this is a big 'BUT', how does a time traveller know how to travel from one multiverse to another, as in T1. In TSCC, it would seem that Jesse arrived in Derek's time-line by accident, whereas Cameron court-martialled that very same Jesse in the future. Am I right in saying this? Because if you remember 'this Jesse' witnessed Derek being tortured by Fischer. Hmnn, I am confused.

If you think about short-term time travel and go back 5 minutes, you will see a version of yourself for 5 minutes until that version travels back in time. Conversely,
If you travel forward 5 minutes, no problem. You are gone for 5 minutes and reappear 5 minutes in the future.

Here is another dilemma.
Let's use Summer Glau for example;
She has, assuming that each couple were 25 when they procreated;
2 grand parents
4 great grand parents
8 great great grand parents
16 great great great grand parents
32 great great great great grand parents
and, we have, on average only traveled back to the year 1887, so if we add another generation, we have
64 great great great great great grand parents born in 1862, the year the civil war began.

We only need to travel back in time and kill one of those 128 people and perhaps Summer Glau will turn out to like being a Nanny instead of acting.

I've not seen Bruce Willis's film, but this is something that needs to be taken in to consideration when killing ancestors.

I never really considered the word 'paradox' until I encountered it in writing and how best to handle it.
After all, in 'Back to the future', we can't possibly comicly imagine images disappearing from photographs.... can we?

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Thursday, 29 Nov 2012, 18:28

Alex Post # 112 | Friday, 30 Nov 2012 - 05:29
Group: Bloggers
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Wow, Dredd 3D really tanked at the box-office, despite the good reviews i've seen online.

Production Budget:$50 million

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $13,404,892 57.0%
+ Foreign: $10,100,000 43.0%
= Worldwide: $23,504,892

The budget was not high but it has not enough 'big names' to draw an audience i guess.

This is unfortunate but understandable. Lena Headey played a really nasty character. Karl Urban was good and certainly not unintentionally funny as Sylvester Stallone was in the original.

At times, the film was a bit slow moving. The special effects worked well to support the story I thought, particularly the depiction of the effects of the drug-induced hallucinations. But overall, there was not much drama or tension. It is as if a lot of what might have made the film more interesting got cut and I was seeing a shortened version of the film. It was too spare and brief. It was more spectacle and observation rather than a story that pulled me in and kept me involved.

From a purely special effects perspective, two things in particular stood out in my mind: the computer graphics applied to the fall that showed what happened to a body as it hit the ground from a great height; the effect of high rate of fire heavy machine guns on a building.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

Alex Post # 113 | Friday, 30 Nov 2012 - 05:37
Group: Bloggers
Quote (robbo)
how old is arnold schwarzenegger now seems as tho he has been on the go for ages, i think terminator was about 1984, but seems to be fit and strong enough to carry on with his films, should have named the film the pensioner of conan, sorry just joking. ps just watched prometheus, tonight what a cool film directed by ridley scott, loved it. smile

You make a good point though. He is getting long in the tooth. I am guessing that the film probably starts with an ancient (meaning what he is now) Arnold sitting and thinking back over his life and most of the film will show a younger Conan (either as computer graphics motion capture) or another actor altogether.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

robbo Post # 114 | Monday, 03 Dec 2012 - 03:25
ye, probably right alex they have ways and means, with all this computer graphic stuff, amazing what they can do now with technology, regarding films anyway cant imagine arnie. running around at his age as a sword wielding saviour in the legend of conan, but thats my view. smile

chrisdvanne_ Post # 115 | Wednesday, 05 Dec 2012 - 13:35
Review of Joss Whedon's 's 'Cabin in the Woods' and interview with co-writer Drew Goddard on the December issue of Geek Magazine :

Review of Joss Whedon's 's 'Cabin in the Woods'

robbo Post # 116 | Thursday, 06 Dec 2012 - 02:10
anybody seen cabin in the woods, just wondering if its any good with it been a horror flic, plus joss whedon involvement in the film. its one of a few films ive got to watch at the moment, but its nice to hear a few positive reviews about the film. also fran kranz is in the film a member from the dollhouse team. plus chris hemsworth the mighty thor, smile

chrisdvanne_ Post # 117 | Thursday, 20 Dec 2012 - 11:10
Interesting reading :

We don’t need another “Star Wars” movie!
Tragically, Disney is determined to reboot the franchise. It could learn a lesson or three from the great "Firefly"

Link to article : salon.com

chrisdvanne_ Post # 118 | Thursday, 03 Jan 2013 - 21:44
Read this article "Why do so many villains get caught on purpose?" at io9.com

Why do so many villains get caught on purpose?

Here's an excerpt, with quotes from Zack Stenz and Josh Friedman :

We hadn't thought about this being such a pervasive trope, until Javier Grillo-Marxuach, the man who gave us "my plan is sheer elegance in its simplicity," pointed it out on Twitter: "the villain whose plan is to get caught." It happens in The Dark Knight, where the Joker apparently gets caught on purpose. Loki also gets caught on purpose in The Avengers, and Javier Bardem gets nabbed, as part of his nefarious scheme, in Skyfall. Stanton Parrish gets himself caught long enough to play some mind games in the most recent season of Alphas.
[...]
In any case, there's a major problem with this formula, as Thor/X-Men: First Class co-writer Zack Stentz pointed out on Twitter: It makes the good guys look totally incompetent. They have the bad guy all locked up, in their securest facility, and they can't even keep him/her under wraps. Stentz quoted from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles showrunner Josh Friedman, who used to say "I'd rather protect our heroes' intelligence than their morality."

terminatorpotter87 Post # 119 | Saturday, 12 Jan 2013 - 10:03
I have to say I have not seen the new Transformer movie, but the new girl can she really not act Chris?

Thank you for explaining, Cameron TSCC

terminatorpotter87 Post # 120 | Saturday, 12 Jan 2013 - 10:06
Also I recently saw the Avengers movie, and I noticed that Jesse Garcia from season 1 of TSCC, he got the new id's for Sarah John and Cameron (see cap below), he had a small part in the movie, the movie was amazing, but it was nice seeing him in the movie too, did anybody else notice him in the movie?

Jesse Garcia - Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Thank you for explaining, Cameron TSCC

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits (All about your favorite movies and other tidbits)
Search: