San Francisco Comic Con
September 1-3, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con Nashville
September 8-10, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Summer Glau at Comicpalooza 2015
By chrisdvanne

Everything on Wonder Woman Reboots
By robbo

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By robbo

Game of Thrones
By robbo

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Comic Con Austin
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Comic Con Nashville
By chrisdvanne

New comments

robbo on: Breathtaking photo of Summer by Tarina Tarantino

chrisdvanne on: The cast of Firefly is coming to Wizard World Chicago, Nashville and Austin

Jim Scalia on: Breathtaking photo of Summer by Tarina Tarantino

mark cornwell on: The cast of Firefly is coming to Wizard World Chicago, Nashville and Austin

Martin John on: Artist Jake Thompson wins prize at Mary Valley Art contest with portrait of Summer

chrisdvanne on: Breathtaking photo of Summer by Tarina Tarantino

RedsBaron on: Breathtaking photo of Summer by Tarina Tarantino

KevinInEngland on: Breathtaking photo of Summer by Tarina Tarantino

chrisdvanne on: Breathtaking photo of Summer by Tarina Tarantino

Fermi on: Breathtaking photo of Summer by Tarina Tarantino

New videos

00:04:51

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 27 of 27«12252627
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Juke Joint!
Juke Joint!
Date: Tuesday, 2017 Jul 04, 01:57 GMT | Message # 391

Friends

# 390 

Thanks my friend, I thought you might like that one  wink absolutely agree my friend with your thoughts and comments  smile I'd after say the stunning section of 'Firefly' is hands down the piano performance that is woven straight into the track, I find it breathtaking, and a relic of a style of Trance  smile 

Or cheers my friend, I don't mind I'll listen to anything  wink after closely listening to the 2 tracks twice. I quite like the "Happiness"(dance mix by Underworld), great track my friend. Who I think did 'Born Slippy' which was of the 1996 Trainspotting film album  smile 
I'm sorry, i didn't know this one  surprised  I thought I'd slow the turn-table down a little, with the delightful voice of German female Dj 'Nathalie de Borah' with a piece that i hope you'll like called 'Back To You' (Old School Mix) Admirator  smile 

Thank you my friend!

Date: Wednesday, 2017 Jul 05, 06:04 GMT | Message # 392

Friends

Nice again! I like the way they combine banging rhythms with quiet voices! Best of both worlds? smile . Thank you too friend Robbo.

I have seen "Trainspotting"! I saw it without subtitles though and i understood only half of what it was said, but video filled most of the gaps biggrin . This one and "Shallow Grave", where propositions of a friend at work. I saw a lot more lately like Avatar, Inseption, AI (Steven Spielberg), I robot, x-men almost anything (kiddish, but i had to know biggrin ), Burne Identities(all), Slumdog Millionaire (Summer->TBBT), "Burying the Ex"-Charley Dixon's proposal, Iron Man1+2, 3:10 to Yuma(Alan Tudyk), Star wars I,II,III(yup first time) and more. But my source now is offline biggrin .

Back to songs, a try at keeping the level, would be:
Astaire was an American indie pop band from Los Angeles, California, United States. It started as a duo of brother and sister Bruce and Erica Driscoll.
song: I'D DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE 1993.

I 1st listened to it by a cd accompanying a magazine in late 90s.

*I had trouble loging in via ucoz network and had to reset my password through uid.me !

To the Sweetest Terminator in the Verse..., Summtris (game), Twitter

Message edited by Admirator - Wednesday, 2017 Jul 05, 07:23

Date: Thursday, 2017 Jul 06, 02:34 GMT | Message # 393

Friends

# 392 

Very nice indeed! That was a refreshing different blend of music, which i quite enjoyed the pop-influenced material sound of Astaire  smile Reminded me a little bit of something like a Euro vision song contest number, in a good way my friend  smile 1st time iv'e come across a track from Astaire which in all honesty i don't know much about them  surprised 

To this day from being released in 96 the film "Trainspotting" i still haven't got a clue, and iv'e seen it in English, talk about a confusing film that's probably why it's took 20 years to work it out themselves biggrin Wow that's some list of movies, same as me with that selection, we must be a team of telepathic superheroes who can read each other's thoughts my friend  wink 
That's no good my friend, you'll have to get your source back online biggrin 

Back to the songs, from what iv'e read i understand their is a Brazilian connection with the siblings, so i'll see if i can drum up something with a bit of a samba beat. Here's an old classic from 1999 "Mucho Mambo" (Sway Remix) by British music duo 'Shaft' featuring 'Claire Vaughan' on vocals  smile on a side-note numerous versions of this song have been produced with different lyrics. 

Yeah i remember the CDs that were attached to the magazines, i use to work for the wholesalers back in the 90s dealing with every magazine and newspaper that was published  smile me too i had a spot of bother logging in to the site.

Date: Thursday, 2017 Jul 06, 16:35 GMT | Message # 394

Friends

I think i remember this "Mucho Mambo" song! It was nice indeed and it fits to the season for sure wink . It reminds me a little of some exotic themes from the early James Bond films, especially in the first minute smile . And speaking of James Bond, RIP to Sir Roger George Moore, who back in the days i was thinking he was the best for the role. But i love equally Sir Thomas Sean Connery, so they were both the best for the role smile . Pierce Brosnan did it quite well too, to my opinion smile . The song "woke" nice memories smile .

Utah Saints are an English electronic music group since 1991. In 1995 they did Ohio:

One part of this song is from KC & The Sunshine Band - That's The Way 1975.

I most probably, will be missing from the site for about two weeks. Tomorrow is my last chance to post a message biggrin .

Message edited by Admirator - Thursday, 2017 Jul 06, 16:45

Date: Friday, 2017 Jul 07, 02:04 GMT | Message # 395

Friends

# 394 

Hello my friend  smile another smashing tune from the ever popular Utah Saints back in the 90s, when for some strange reason British dance music was on some sort of upward curve  smile 

I thought you would recognize that song my friend  wink Yes indeed Bond for me was 'Shaken not Stirred' Sir Roger Moore, he was as cool as custard, and what a lucky guy the woman just fell to his knees  biggrin The others were also great performers in their own rights  smile 

I thought yeah why not lets stick to the 90s, with a track called A Trip to Trumpton 1992 from another Dance/Electronic British duo called Urban Hype  smile Don't make em like this anymore, let's hit the dance floor  biggrin 

Or never, anyway Admirator good friends never say goodbye, they simply say see you soon  wink

Date: Friday, 2017 Jul 07, 05:55 GMT | Message # 396

Friends

Nice and with comical elements, besides the powerfull rythm smile ! Comical fits almost everywhere smile . At the first 15 secs, i thought they where making a traditional Greek song biggrin ! There was the statue of Afrodite-Venus in some scenes too biggrin . Good one smile . And it reminded me of "Mr. Vain 1993" from Culture Beat.

Culture Beat is a German Eurodance project formed in 1989 by Torsten Fenslau. Germans and rap? I didn't know back then smile .

Yes friend Robbo and to the other friends, the slogan/message is "see you soon" smile .

Date: Sunday, 2017 Jul 09, 00:30 GMT | Message # 397

Friends

# 396

Nice one Admirator  smile Probably one of the most iconic club dance songs of the 90s, I know what I want And I want it now - I love the video as well I find it very attractive with all the dolly-birds strutting about  biggrin I didn't know about the statue, well spotted my friend  wink 
Probably "Mr Vain" was classed as a one hit wonder, I don't recall they had much success after receiving worldwide recognition with this one  smile Germans and rap i know, who would have thought  surprised 

Let's crack on with a hit from Rene' Et Gaston (Zki & Dobre, most well known as Chocolate Puma, a Dutch DJ duo and producers from Haarlem, Netherlands) called - Vallee De Larmes [1993]  smile 

See you soon my friend  smile

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Juke Joint!
Page 27 of 27«12252627
Search: