To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By Admirator

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 27 of 28«1225262728»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Juke Joint!
Juke Joint!
Date: Tuesday, 2017 Jul 04, 01:57 GMT | Message # 391

Friends

# 390 

Thanks my friend, I thought you might like that one  wink absolutely agree my friend with your thoughts and comments  smile I'd after say the stunning section of 'Firefly' is hands down the piano performance that is woven straight into the track, I find it breathtaking, and a relic of a style of Trance  smile 

Or cheers my friend, I don't mind I'll listen to anything  wink after closely listening to the 2 tracks twice. I quite like the "Happiness"(dance mix by Underworld), great track my friend. Who I think did 'Born Slippy' which was of the 1996 Trainspotting film album  smile 
I'm sorry, i didn't know this one  surprised  I thought I'd slow the turn-table down a little, with the delightful voice of German female Dj 'Nathalie de Borah' with a piece that i hope you'll like called 'Back To You' (Old School Mix) Admirator  smile 

Thank you my friend!

Date: Wednesday, 2017 Jul 05, 06:04 GMT | Message # 392

Friends

Nice again! I like the way they combine banging rhythms with quiet voices! Best of both worlds? smile . Thank you too friend Robbo.

I have seen "Trainspotting"! I saw it without subtitles though and i understood only half of what it was said, but video filled most of the gaps biggrin . This one and "Shallow Grave", where propositions of a friend at work. I saw a lot more lately like Avatar, Inseption, AI (Steven Spielberg), I robot, x-men almost anything (kiddish, but i had to know biggrin ), Burne Identities(all), Slumdog Millionaire (Summer->TBBT), "Burying the Ex"-Charley Dixon's proposal, Iron Man1+2, 3:10 to Yuma(Alan Tudyk), Star wars I,II,III(yup first time) and more. But my source now is offline biggrin .

Back to songs, a try at keeping the level, would be:
Astaire was an American indie pop band from Los Angeles, California, United States. It started as a duo of brother and sister Bruce and Erica Driscoll.
song: I'D DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE 1993.

I 1st listened to it by a cd accompanying a magazine in late 90s.

*I had trouble loging in via ucoz network and had to reset my password through uid.me !

To the Sweetest Terminator in the Verse..., Summtris (game), Twitter

Message edited by Admirator - Wednesday, 2017 Jul 05, 07:23

Date: Thursday, 2017 Jul 06, 02:34 GMT | Message # 393

Friends

# 392 

Very nice indeed! That was a refreshing different blend of music, which i quite enjoyed the pop-influenced material sound of Astaire  smile Reminded me a little bit of something like a Euro vision song contest number, in a good way my friend  smile 1st time iv'e come across a track from Astaire which in all honesty i don't know much about them  surprised 

To this day from being released in 96 the film "Trainspotting" i still haven't got a clue, and iv'e seen it in English, talk about a confusing film that's probably why it's took 20 years to work it out themselves biggrin Wow that's some list of movies, same as me with that selection, we must be a team of telepathic superheroes who can read each other's thoughts my friend  wink 
That's no good my friend, you'll have to get your source back online biggrin 

Back to the songs, from what iv'e read i understand their is a Brazilian connection with the siblings, so i'll see if i can drum up something with a bit of a samba beat. Here's an old classic from 1999 "Mucho Mambo" (Sway Remix) by British music duo 'Shaft' featuring 'Claire Vaughan' on vocals  smile on a side-note numerous versions of this song have been produced with different lyrics. 

Yeah i remember the CDs that were attached to the magazines, i use to work for the wholesalers back in the 90s dealing with every magazine and newspaper that was published  smile me too i had a spot of bother logging in to the site.

Date: Thursday, 2017 Jul 06, 16:35 GMT | Message # 394

Friends

I think i remember this "Mucho Mambo" song! It was nice indeed and it fits to the season for sure wink . It reminds me a little of some exotic themes from the early James Bond films, especially in the first minute smile . And speaking of James Bond, RIP to Sir Roger George Moore, who back in the days i was thinking he was the best for the role. But i love equally Sir Thomas Sean Connery, so they were both the best for the role smile . Pierce Brosnan did it quite well too, to my opinion smile . The song "woke" nice memories smile .

Utah Saints are an English electronic music group since 1991. In 1995 they did Ohio:

One part of this song is from KC & The Sunshine Band - That's The Way 1975.

I most probably, will be missing from the site for about two weeks. Tomorrow is my last chance to post a message biggrin .

Message edited by Admirator - Thursday, 2017 Jul 06, 16:45

Date: Friday, 2017 Jul 07, 02:04 GMT | Message # 395

Friends

# 394 

Hello my friend  smile another smashing tune from the ever popular Utah Saints back in the 90s, when for some strange reason British dance music was on some sort of upward curve  smile 

I thought you would recognize that song my friend  wink Yes indeed Bond for me was 'Shaken not Stirred' Sir Roger Moore, he was as cool as custard, and what a lucky guy the woman just fell to his knees  biggrin The others were also great performers in their own rights  smile 

I thought yeah why not lets stick to the 90s, with a track called A Trip to Trumpton 1992 from another Dance/Electronic British duo called Urban Hype  smile Don't make em like this anymore, let's hit the dance floor  biggrin 

Or never, anyway Admirator good friends never say goodbye, they simply say see you soon  wink

Date: Friday, 2017 Jul 07, 05:55 GMT | Message # 396

Friends

Nice and with comical elements, besides the powerfull rythm smile ! Comical fits almost everywhere smile . At the first 15 secs, i thought they where making a traditional Greek song biggrin ! There was the statue of Afrodite-Venus in some scenes too biggrin . Good one smile . And it reminded me of "Mr. Vain 1993" from Culture Beat.

Culture Beat is a German Eurodance project formed in 1989 by Torsten Fenslau. Germans and rap? I didn't know back then smile .

Yes friend Robbo and to the other friends, the slogan/message is "see you soon" smile .

Date: Sunday, 2017 Jul 09, 00:30 GMT | Message # 397

Friends

# 396

Nice one Admirator  smile Probably one of the most iconic club dance songs of the 90s, I know what I want And I want it now - I love the video as well I find it very attractive with all the dolly-birds strutting about  biggrin I didn't know about the statue, well spotted my friend  wink 
Probably "Mr Vain" was classed as a one hit wonder, I don't recall they had much success after receiving worldwide recognition with this one  smile Germans and rap i know, who would have thought  surprised 

Let's crack on with a hit from Rene' Et Gaston (Zki & Dobre, most well known as Chocolate Puma, a Dutch DJ duo and producers from Haarlem, Netherlands) called - Vallee De Larmes [1993]  smile 

See you soon my friend  smile

Date: Friday, 2017 Jul 21, 19:24 GMT | Message # 398

Friends

Nice again smile ! I like this kind of music. It's like a soundtrack from a film. Perhaps with some James Bond air again! And nice video clip, funny at sometimes and with very accomplished dancers! What do they eat? Coil springs and other suspension parts struts biggrin ? I would need to eat some myself, since my neuro-kinetics, are not in a good level biggrin . You referred to the joy of dancing a lot of times in the past and since you have this DJ background, i guess you did these too smile . Nice piece! Inspired by it and by it's video clip with it's comical elements, i will continue with:

Wikipedia:
Doop was a dance music production act from the Netherlands formed by Ferry Ridderhof and Peter Garnefski.
Doop was best known for its eponymous single, which reached No. 1 in the UK (1994). The song was influenced by the Charleston, a 1920s dance, and was most remembered for its lyrics, which consisted entirely of the word "doop" sung over a fast-paced big band sample:

It's a love or hate it song. I like it biggrin .

Message edited by Admirator - Saturday, 2017 Jul 22, 09:03

Date: Sunday, 2017 Jul 23, 03:56 GMT | Message # 399

Friends

# 398

Yaaaaayyyyy!!! I absolutely love it  biggrin Great find my friend the Doop song with a great video clip, was an absolute monster hit in the UK  wink I think you've guessed I love dancing, especially the 1920s Charleston and I'm somewhat afraid to say when I was younger Ballroom dancing, oh yes i must have been about 12 or 13 now that is laughable  biggrin Yeah I'm a bit long in the tooth now, so the coiled springs I would need an absolute belly full  smile 

I've gone back to a violin track from the beautiful Czech violinist Lenka Houslenka  smile 
Covering the track from 1993 German Dance music project Cygnus X - "Superstring"  smile 

I think this one might be a love it or hate it song. But I like It  biggrin

Date: Sunday, 2017 Jul 23, 19:38 GMT | Message # 400

Friends

Love or hate it song smile ? Well, i like classic music too. My first 10-13 years, i was listening almost exclusively classic music. I liked it and still can listen to it easily. The next logical step was soundtracks from films, like the main Star Wars themes and Indiana Jones (John Williams), 1492 (Vangelis) etc. But around 1995, MTv got in the menu as well biggrin . I think i can listen to almost anything, excluding the extremes, like very traditional songs or heavy metal. Characteristically i liked the intro of AC DC's Hard as a Rock song, but when he starts.. screaming.. well they loose me biggrin .
Now i very often listen to classic-ized music, like "Hey Jude" from Beatles, "You are the Voice" from John Farnham and others, performed by London Symphony Orchestra and not only smile .

Ballroom dancing sounds nice smile . I think what is really laughable, is not knowing any kind of dance.. like me for example biggrin . Like i said on twitter (i think), around my 20s was thinking that dancing is mad! But soon i realized that, it is an excellent way to exercise, while having fun and doing art at the same time. Sometimes i'm thinking to start learning. Waltz seems simple... wink .
Anyway, i liked the song of Lenka Houslenka and the Mozart background smile .

I will go with violin too. I was thinking for Vanessa Mae, but maybe later.
Orhan Terzi, better known by his stage name DJ Quicksilver, is a German-Turkish DJ and music producer. In 1997 (i think) did a remix of "Bitter Sweet Symphony" , a song by British alternative rock band "The Verve", with some trance? characteristics. Both versions are nice, but the video clip of quicksilver is not the original.

It's Summer's birthday tomorrow smile . I'll be here again smile .

Message edited by Admirator - Sunday, 2017 Jul 23, 19:47

Date: Monday, 2017 Jul 24, 05:54 GMT | Message # 401

Site Admin

Quote robbo ()
I think this one might be a love it or hate it song. But I like It

Wow, who can hate that? I've never heard it before so thank you for sharing.

While we are at it I think we need to mention Bond ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bond_(band) ), specifically "Duel":

(Unfortunately most of "Duel" videos are blocked by UMG so this is the best version I could find).

By the way Bond also have their version of "Bitter Sweet Symphony".

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Date: Monday, 2017 Jul 24, 15:05 GMT | Message # 402

Friends

Nice smile ! I didn't know these lovely ladies! Nice to bring them to our/my attention. I always liked violin, but isn't strange that violinists have a way to refresh music, or to produce new music? Vanessa Mae again is a good example smile ... But it's friend's Robbo turn now wink .
Hmm, i have to study these Bond.. James Bond girls smile .

Date: Tuesday, 2017 Jul 25, 00:19 GMT | Message # 403

Friends

# 400

Very good Admirator I liked a lot of DJ Quicksilver tracks back in the 90s  smile 
Me too I'm from a generation of four, me the 'Punk Rocker' back in the late 70, my brothers were 'Skin Head' music in the 70s, and 'Heavy Metal' and my sister was in to 'Teen music' in the 70s what a bag of allsorts biggrin I couldn't listen to heavy metal it would give me a headache, then again i use to listen to the Sex Pistols  lol 

But since those days i listen to all kinds of music, jesus i was rocking in me pram biggrin 
Yeah you'll realize without music we would be knackered, especially from the decades where we really embraced the music, especially dance music where we could hit the dance floor in the nightclubs to all hours in the morning  smile anyway I'll move on otherwise I'll write about six pages about music my friend  smile 

I'll stick with a violinist with the multi talented 'Taylor Davis' with her cover version of "Game of Thrones" Theme - Violin Cover - Taylor Davis  smile 

I quite like Taylor Davis  smile 

Date: Tuesday, 2017 Jul 25, 01:15 GMT | Message # 404

Friends

# 401 

Thanks Charley! 

Wow that was pretty awesome stuff from these girls, very pretty as well  wink 
I have to admit I do recall seeing these girls Bond performing on one of our weekend shows in the UK I think? They are extraordinary and outstanding performers. 

Here's a classic by Electric Violinist Linzi Stoppard Rocks 'Adagio For Strings' - Electric 
A William Orbit classic tune, also performed by DJ Tiesto

This is maybe another one where some people maybe like it or dislike it. but i like it  smile

Date: Wednesday, 2017 Jul 26, 05:51 GMT | Message # 405

Friends

#403 & #404
Hah! You got me again without my homework done biggrin ! The only things i knew about "Game Of Thrones", was Lena Headey who partcipated in it and passed some sort of Sarah Connor "baton" to Emilia Clarke for a while smile (i think they look better with blond hair/wigs biggrin ). Shame one me, i know biggrin ... I like soundtracks and i missed that! Wow! It's definetly going to be a classic and this Taylor Davis got it great!
And the Electric Violinist Linzi did it great! Nice quality music from both wink !

I'll go with a soundtrack also, from a horror film. I don't like this kind of films. Although i don't have much trouble sleeping after watching them, i remain with questions like: Did i have to see this biggrin ? Or, did it offer me something biggrin ? There is no offering, except perhaps from making us produce defensive thoughts, like that the future victiums should stay together and not split, in order to increase their chances biggrin of survival, if possible of'course. Anyway, it is from the film Saw 2004 and most soundtrack work it is done by Charlie Clouser. Wikipedia classifies it as Alternative rock electro-industrial:

It could be an excellent soundtrack for a mighty battle, or for a big natural phenomena, like for example colliding galaxies shok .. Do i have to think of everything haha ?
I wish i had some dancing background like you smile and of'course Summer. It would be at least beneficial.

Message edited by Admirator - Wednesday, 2017 Jul 26, 07:15

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Juke Joint!
Page 27 of 28«1225262728»
Search: