[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 26 of 28«122425262728»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Juke Joint!
Juke Joint!
AdmiratorDate: Monday, 05 Sep 2016, 08:36 | Message # 376
Group: Friends
Quote robbo ()
Another band influenced by the energetic punk scene. R.E.M. began to develop their own energetic folk-rock style signature sound of music, with a mixed blend of chiming guitar and also the sound of cryptic vocals from their lead singer

You once more proove, you have a really good view and knowledge about the music scene, in addition to your tv/film industry knowledge, friend Robbo. I just copy-paste from wikipedia wink .

I have a song downloaded in 2000 from "Napster", perhaps the 1st program for free music distribution, which seems to be Scotland related. But i never found any information on it, or alternative versions. It is a nice one and the 1st (prbably the only one), that made me realize more, of what classic equalizers actually display, by watching the "wave" of the changing of pitch(?), if i describe it right. Perhaps you are familiar with the rhythm. It says techno, but i guess it could be called trance too? It has some glitches, but othewise is great!

To the Sweetest Terminator in the Verse..., Summtris (game), Twitter

Message edited by Admirator - Monday, 05 Sep 2016, 08:36

robboDate: Wednesday, 14 Jun 2017, 01:26 | Message # 377
# 376

Cheers Admirator thanks for your kind words my friend  wink 

Absolutely spot on my friend with "Napster" even though i have vivid memories of that (streaming music service). But i do remember some others called "LimeWire" "Kazaa" and "BearShare" wow those we're the days smile  I'm currently using "Spotify" premium at the moment.

Yeah its a catchy little number (could be Scotland the Brave?). I would imagine the most popular Trance/Techno (they incorporate each other with a unique blend of music) track to emerge from the Scottish highlands would be "Braveheart" which was a huge film  smile 

We now tend to see a variety of ways of producing different sound varying tracks for Dance/Trance/Techno artists. Such as vocal Trance, and even orchestral uplifting Trance, I'll show you an example my friend smile  

AdmiratorDate: Thursday, 15 Jun 2017, 16:03 | Message # 378

smile . You remembered "Napster", "Kazaa" and "Limewire" smile ! Yes these were the days. I think "Limewire" was the last i "invested" smile .

You are upgraded i see, by posting this nice "Armin van Buuren "In and out of love" " version! Like i said before, sometimes i prefer music with no words, like this. And the violinist is.. multi-talented i have to say biggrin !

I wanted for sometime now to say, that the "REO Speedwagon-Keep On Loving You" song, although it is very nice, it lost a lot in my mind, when they combined it with Paige Pratt's (Summer Glau in a "Cold Case" episode) execution. Now it's more like a sad song to me...

Well, now that i saw the video clip, it looses more points.. Weird video clips wacko biggrin !

robboDate: Friday, 16 Jun 2017, 02:24 | Message # 379
# 378 

smile Unfortunately my age is kicking in now with remembering a few of those  biggrin 

Yeah i managed to get it sorted out my friend, I'm pleased you recognized a bit of Armin! smile 
Me too I've got a few similar pieces in this type of category of music, like you say with no words smile  And indeed the exceptional violinist. Damn! she's hot  wink 

Wow that's my era the early 80s late 70s  yes and look at the iconic perms from 'Keep On Loving You' which was a cracking rock ballad song from the boys  smile yes their was a lot of weird and wonderful cheesy video clips  smile 

Speaking of weird video clips my friend 'Follow me to the Cosmic Gate'  smile 

AdmiratorDate: Saturday, 17 Jun 2017, 06:46 | Message # 380
Quote robbo ()
Follow me to the Cosmic Gate

Hmm, nice and strong song! Clear rhythm, hard to forget! And nice setting around smile ! Very good representative of it's kind smile .

The setting reminded me of a song from 1997, from which although i was remembering part of the title, i couldn't find it for almost two decades! The part i was remembering was common and i wasn't very persistent biggrin ... It's "Happy Clappers - I Believe '97 ". It had a little different version two years earlier..

robboDate: Monday, 19 Jun 2017, 01:20 | Message # 381
# 380 

Definitely a good old classic tune  wink probably at the time of interchange of house music to dance music or vice versa whichever which way the music industry was changing  smile 

Yes indeed my friend their was two versions of this track, the up tempo dance beat version which is the track i'm listening to now, and the slightly lesser house track version  smile 

Happy days living for the weekend to do a bit of clubbing Yeaaaahhhh!!!!  biggrin

AdmiratorDate: Friday, 23 Jun 2017, 06:33 | Message # 382

I can't imagine someone describing a song better friend Robbo smile ! You have really invested in this smile .

"La Primavera" is a song by the German DJ/production team Sash! featuring Patrizia Salvatore. It was released in March 1998.

I would prefer it without words, but it's great either way smile .

robboDate: Saturday, 24 Jun 2017, 00:12 | Message # 383
# 382 

Thank you my friend  smile once again my friend you've pulled a rabbit out of the hat with another intriguing classic track from the German DJ maestro 'Sash'  smile I was so blown away by what they did with the 'adelante dumonde remix 1999' what a banger, fantastic energy and thumping beats  smile the thing I love about the music from the early days from the likes of (Germany, Holland and of course Belgium). Is that it takes the listener on a journey to a different kind of place, life is a dancefloor my friend  wink 

Speaking of German musical projects, I liked a song by DuMonde 'Ich Will Raus'  smile 
Only trouble is I couldn't find a suitable video, sorry my friend  sad 

Unusual, but all the same a very powerful song  smile

AdmiratorDate: Sunday, 25 Jun 2017, 16:10 | Message # 384
It's funny that, back in those days, i thought that all these songs were either English or American, since they were singing in English. And as you say, there were a lot of them from Germany, Holland and Belgium! The Eurodance you were saying smile ..

Powerful song by DuMonde 'Ich Will Raus'! German language has something off world, or they do it on purpose here? I think it's the later. Nice, it reminds a little Jean Michel Jarre too.

I'll keep it to Germany with Rammstein (Charley Dixon-administrator referred to them twice), an industrial metal band, formed in 1994 in Berlin. Song Amerika 2004-August. I think at that time they were filming Serenity smile .

I discovered it by luck on an unrelated youtube video around 7 years ago.

robboDate: Tuesday, 27 Jun 2017, 02:08 | Message # 385
# 384

Hi Mate, yeah they did pretty well with the language barrier, all these continental artists  smile 
I'm not too familiar with 'Rammstein' probably with them being an industrial metal band.
But all the same it's a catchy little number  smile 

Yeah its a typical powerful German trance track from DuMonde. Speaking of 'Jean Michel Jarre' he did a remix with 'Sash' Jean Michel Jarre vs Sash (Oxygen Remix), back in the summer of 1997  smile 

I'm amazed this track is 20-years-ago my friend. How time passers by its pretty scary  sad

AdmiratorDate: Wednesday, 28 Jun 2017, 06:44 | Message # 386

Wow! Jean Michel Jarre guarantees for the level of the content... That's really nice! I added it to my playlists now biggrin . It reminds me also, the computer beats of late 80's early 90's, that i like a lot smile . Good!

Yes it's pretty scary how life passes by. And if you see for example the life of a woman, she can start her life around her 18-22(depending on studies) and she can make children safely, up to around her 40's. That's life? 18 years of main activity? My car has 23 years on it... 18years are nothing.. I do not wish to bomb you with any more of my pessimistic ideas biggrin , although, i'm optimistic about the next-permanent life, thanks to Jesus smile . I lost the theme meanwhile biggrin ...

2 Fabiola is a Belgian Electronic group, formed in 1991 by Pat Krimson (Patrick Claesen) and Zohra.
The song "Freak Out" 1997.

robboDate: Thursday, 29 Jun 2017, 00:28 | Message # 387
# 386

Greetings my friend smile 

Omg! Another banging tune, you've managed to surpass ur'self again my friend ohyes 
Indeed, their was some fantastic music out in the 90s smile  I do recall 2 Fabiola in those days, especially the luxurious and somewhat outrageous outfits they use strut about in  smile  Oh did i forget to mention the female lead, she was totally hot  biggrin 

Yes indeed life is passing by. The bad news is time flies. The good news is we are the pilots  smile 
Here's a track from my favorite Belgian Electronic/Trance group 'Lasgo' called 'Something' a debut single that came out in the Summer of 2001

We don't have music like this anymore, well especially in the UK smile

AdmiratorDate: Friday, 30 Jun 2017, 05:08 | Message # 388
Greetings likewise friend Robbo smile .
Nice song again, strong and with a beautiful singer smile , like the lead singer in the "Freak Out" song-agreed wink . Beauty has a lot of flavors, but if you look around in your city, it seems to be rare. We could use more beauty wink .
I have some more "banging tunes" in my lists, but now, inspired by your poetic wise words, about all of us being pilots of our lives, i'll continue with something quieter, but also more inspirational. It’s one of the only 2-3 songs, that made me try to learn their lyrics. The video clip is not the original, but it is a better one and you'll see why smile .

Song: R. Kelly(US) "I Believe I Can Fly" 1996.

Update:
Today with 274 messages, i'm hugging a Terminator, in the form of Terminator Emily member smile .

Summer Glau .com members top 20

Message edited by Admirator - Friday, 30 Jun 2017, 05:28

robboDate: Saturday, 01 Jul 2017, 01:07 | Message # 389
# 388

Greetings my friend I hope you are keeping well  smile 

Wow, how amazing was that early aviation footage of those pioneers of aircraft, that now we take for granted in getting from one side of the world to the other, without so much of a blink of an eye  smile "To invent an airplane is nothing, "Otto Lilienthal once said. "To build one is something. But to fly is everything."  smile very inspirational indeed, and an appreciable clip as well my friend  wink I don't think I'll have the pleasure of seeing much beauty in the town that i live in, It's about as rare as 'rocking horse sh*t'  biggrin agree, i'm all in favor for more beauty wink 
Me too numerous anthems, i actually wanted to be a D.J many years ago, what a missed opportunity  closedeyes anyway, here's a somewhat rare progressive trance track from a British D.J called Mike Foyle you'll probably recognize the name "Firefly" 2007. 

Update: I somewhat remember Terminator Emily, memory serves me right i could be going back a couple of years. Yeah she was pretty cool! cool

AdmiratorDate: Sunday, 02 Jul 2017, 09:03 | Message # 390
Really nice again, transferred to playlists smile . In the 1st part it sounds a little underwater and in the 2nd part i like the piano (if it is) combined with drums and other instruments, sounding like bells. I like it! Bells give it more "gravity" wink .

I'll try to keep it up to your level with:
Front 242 is a Belgian electronic music group that came into prominence during the 1980s.
Mut@ge.Mix@ge is an album released in 1995 containing "Happiness" (dance mix by Underworld). You most probably know it smile .

The complete version of it with better quality, but without a video clip is here...
Oh, and nice the info you found about the Dubai police going to use robots!

Message edited by Admirator - Sunday, 02 Jul 2017, 09:07

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Juke Joint!
Page 26 of 28«122425262728»
Search: