Firefly Online

Russian thread

Summer Glau at Comic Con Russia 2015

Voice Acting in 'Firefly Online' roleplaying game

Summer Glau at MCM Ireland Comic Con 2017

chrisdvanne on: Summer joins MCM Ireland Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Photos from Summer's Rhode Island Comic Con panel

Garrett on: Photographer Joan Allen unveils lovely family photo with Summer, Val and Milena

chrisdvanne on: Photographer Joan Allen unveils lovely family photo with Summer, Val and Milena

chrisdvanne on: Interview: Summer talks about joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Dennis MacFarlane on: Interview: Summer talks about joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe

chrisdvanne on: UHQ photos of Summer from her professional photo ops at Alamo City Comic Con

Admirator on: Gallery update: TAO Nightclub Party 2008

Admirator on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

Cammy on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

EW's Sexy Beast - Magazines Scans

POSTED BY chrisdvanne ON Jun 15, 2013 / 6 COMMENTS

Entertainment Weekly pitted the hottest vampires, werewolves, aliens and mutant each other in their Ultimate Sexy Beast tournament on July 2010. After 30 days of heated battles and more than 1.5 millions votes, The Vampire Diaries‘ winkingly nefarious Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder) beat out the Twilight saga’s sensitive heartthrob Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson) in EW’s final showdown in their Sexiest Beast Bracket Game. The Sarah Connor Chronicles's scary robot Cameron (Summer Glau) has succeeding in reaching the semi-finals and finished top in the female (so to speak) ranking, thanks to the enthousiasm of team Cameron.

Here are the scans of the special issue of Entertainment Weekly, published on September 3, 2010, commemorating a tournament that had becoming nothing short of an Internet sensation.

Entertainment Weekly Sexy Beast - September 3, 2010Entertainment Weekly Sexy Beast - September 3, 2010Entertainment Weekly Sexy Beast - September 3, 2010Entertainment Weekly Sexy Beast - September 3, 2010

[View Gallery Album]

Take a look at how the entire 64-beast bracket played out (click on the toggle button on top of the pop up window to maximize size):

Entertainment Weekly Sexy Beast - September 3, 2010

Message #1 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Jun 15, 22:03 GMT

When the magazine was published, fans complained that Cameron was not on the cover; I can understand that Number Six or Avatar "sell" more than Cameron but don't get me started on the fact that the author of the poll showed bias is favour of our favorite Cylon.

Message #2 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Jun 15, 22:10 GMT

The quote "Summer Glau is the sexiest person alive. Michelangelo could not have carved such beauty and perfection out of solid marble. Although if he had ever laid eyes on Summer Glau, I am sure he would have tried. " that you can read on page number six, is the reason why I choosed the "michelangelo" username (before I changed it to the current one).

Message #3 | Respect-for-Summer | 2013 Jun 15, 22:17 GMT

i know this might get me a few cursed words from twilight fans but betwen Cameron and Edward Cameron was supposed to win because lets face it twilight from my opinion is overrated and the love story betwen human and vampire is old it was far more intriguing to see a machine and I highlight a machine develop human emotion towards a peice of clothing or jewelry and most important feelings towards John. I apologize if I upset someone with my comment

Message #4 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Jun 15, 22:28 GMT

Everyone has the right to have an opinion, and you said it in a civil manner smile

Of course I will always prefer Summer Glau to Edward but I must say that I watched the Twilight movies and enjoyed them, even if I'm not representative of the targeted audience.

Message #5 | Metal | 2013 Jun 16, 01:13 GMT

TBH this poll is so fixed that it can be seen from the Moon while standing next to John Crichton looking at it.
Seriously, Cameron loses to EdWART.!?
And how do you get the so picked winner to win over Angel, thb thats pure mock. Yeah, vamp diaries is the shit now n every teen wets (regardless or gender or sexual orientation) over it, but c'mon, that's so cheap. Intentionally pairing it against a true renowned vampire, making it lose so the new guy looks tough. And peeing over Joss Whedon's work over the whole buffy/angel verse. So proud.

And on that mather, thefugget NumberSix goot paired with Inara?
To more easely and justifiably take her out as early as poss as they did with angel, i guess.
And if I seem a bit tad angry to you, you may be right. I know it's just a stupid pole. And a very stupid very popular mag.
But thats so annoying when they release some crap like this.
I mean, it's not that Summer didn't won, ot the whole "my guy/gal" didn't won. It's just that this is such a mockery and it's obvious that's being fixed and not an actual poll(not that I have such a trust in most of the humanity and that a list as quirky as that is impossible to happen again), but srsly Cameron to lose against a tarded veg vamp thats sparkling.... and Angel loses vs this guy from lost whos vamp character name i have no idea what it is, and taking out Six in round 1 aswell..... they might've taken out Cameron aswell in round 1 -_- it might ve been less than a mockery than losing to the worst vampire impersonation in history to date.

Message #6 | Metal | 2013 Jun 16, 01:34 GMT

As for the twilight saga, I've dunno how accidentially watched the 1st moobie on tv.... and I didn't liked it. Not that I went: "Ohh zhis is crap, c'mon, zhis acting is zherrible I cannot wach zhis. Zhey nevehr had zho make zhis moviy ahhh". (hope zhe french impersonation wasn't that awful on text n didn't offend anyone french in here, didnt meant to if i did for the record. ;P)
But still I found them quite boring and really really heavy... to watch. As in "when is this gonna end so I can still count it a swatched and i can finaly go watch some else".

But to say a good word about it, it can't be as annoying n boring at the same time as Passion play with Megan Fox, who was the only reason I survived to the end. >.<
Seriously WORST.FILM.EVER. !!!
What's worst is, that is coming from the same place where T5 should come so thats 1 of the major reasons I am sure Summer Glau would never get a role in t5 sad (as even Arnold barely got cast as main char, they had the plan to have him (eventually) as a support minor role n having some young "bloke" as the main hero. Prolly s/o like the other guy from Twilight, the one with the female name Taylor Lautner) so i am not that fateful in T5 coming as decent movie, but I will be happy if it does. It seems like the last chance for Uncle Bob to Be Back as the real T-100 M-101 once again. smile

On the cover "issue", I agree that Cameron SHOULD HAVE BEEN on, but that's just another proof that media(mags, tv, movies, music, etc. ... ) do not care about what the audience like or care for, but to what would be liked by the producer/editor. Yeah Avatar sells, yeah Cylons are popular, but if you ask me there are a lot more worthy of being kicked out of the cover like "Storm", who I am also amazed how Halle Berry beats Angelina Jolie in 1st place, but seriously, thats like putting Barack Obama infront of Brat Pitt in terms of being sexy for example.
On which, howdoyoufugging get Brat Pitt to lose vs that other twilight guy with the female name, was it Brook? Ohh wait, Taylor. >.<

I know that life for better or mostly for worse as it seems is not a boat stuck in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's or even the crappy 90's, let alone the 00's and etc., but honestly this has nothing to do with this magazine having a little decency at least. -_-
It once again pees over the intelect of it's readers(or are the ppl that actually buy this mag that stupid indeed), thus showing us this pole, as lacking Cameron from the cover wasn't enough to begin with. TSCC was hot, nearly teh shit in 2010, the show was still picking up new audiences eventho it was given the boot already, so it's a total goof if you ask me.