Firefly Online

Wizard World Comic Con Nashville
September 8-10, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Juke Joint!
By Admirator

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things

The Happy Birthday thread

Summer Glau at Comicpalooza 2015

Everything on Wonder Woman Reboots

Game of Thrones

The official funny thread

Summer Glau at Wizard World Comic Con Austin

Admirator on: Lovely shot of Summer and Val's wedding by Joan Allen

robbo on: Breathtaking photo of Summer by Tarina Tarantino

chrisdvanne on: The cast of Firefly is coming to Wizard World Chicago, Nashville and Austin

Jim Scalia on: Breathtaking photo of Summer by Tarina Tarantino

mark cornwell on: The cast of Firefly is coming to Wizard World Chicago, Nashville and Austin

Martin John on: Artist Jake Thompson wins prize at Mary Valley Art contest with portrait of Summer

chrisdvanne on: Breathtaking photo of Summer by Tarina Tarantino

RedsBaron on: Breathtaking photo of Summer by Tarina Tarantino

KevinInEngland on: Breathtaking photo of Summer by Tarina Tarantino

chrisdvanne on: Breathtaking photo of Summer by Tarina Tarantino

Cameron from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Cosplay

POSTED BY chrisdvanne ON May 29, 2014 / 7 COMMENTS

Seeing how often fans dress up as their favorite fictional character through cosplay is a good way of measuring its impact on the pop culture. And while I've seen many River Tam from Firefly cosplay at fan conventions, I have never seen fans cosplay Summer Glau's Cameron Phillips from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
I'm pleased to see that has now been done by model and cosplayer Sienna Cosplay. Check out the photos of Sienna looking all badass cosplaying Cameron from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Here's a few words from her about the cosplay...

I have always wanted to do a cosplay of summer Glau's character from The Terminator series and so here it is.

Cameron from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Cosplay Cameron from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Cosplay Cameron from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Cosplay

Source: Sienna Cosplay on DeviantArt

Here are a few promotional photos from TSCC season two featuring Summer Glau as Cameron Phillips.

TSCC Promotional Photos Season 2 - 2008TSCC Promotional Photos Season 2 - 2008

On the same topic, check out: River Tam Cosplay by ArtistGenevra

Message #1 | The1Russter | 2014 May 29, 18:30 GMT

That is awesome! I wish more fans of TSCC would cosplay the characters from the show. A few years ago, three ladies I used to chat with quite regularly on twitter cosplayed as three different versions of Sarah Connor, waitress from T1, badass from T2, and something else - I'm hoping it was Sarah from TSCC - when they went down to DragonCon in Atlanta, GA.

Message #2 | Chris7 | 2014 May 29, 20:03 GMT

great stuff!

Message #3 | chrisdvanne | 2014 May 30, 00:15 GMT

I'm not saying anything new by mentioning that 90% of the fans waiting in line to get a photo op/autograph with Summer are Firefly fans.
TSCC does not have the recognition it deserves imo and I'm glad when I can help put the spotlight on the show.
I've said it a hundredth time, fan fiction, fan art, or cosplay in this case, are essential for the life of a fandom.

Message #4 | meanoldmoe | 2014 May 30, 04:38 GMT

Wow...very cool...esp with the skin and metal effects smile

Message #5 | chrisdvanne | 2014 May 30, 09:27 GMT

From Charles Shadwell on Facebook:

That's a crying shame.  However, I think it has to do with the fact that she doesn't have any single outfit that the majority of Sci-Fi fans readily associate with her, unlike River who has that distinctive dress-boots-sword-and-axe combination. It's a pity that the leather outfit pictured in your post wasn't actually worn by Cameron in any of the actual episodes, because it IS distinctive (in a good way too), and she was rarely seen in her prized purple leather jacket, which had the potential to be memorable as well. My best friend (who's a hardcore Scf-Fi geek and lover of TSCC and all things Summer) said she wanted to dress up as Cameron for Halloween in past years, and she did as far as I remember. But she did say that it was difficult to make it obvious as to whom she was supposed to be without using makeup and such to signify the 'Terminator' aspect of the character. So I suspect Cameron just never wore a single, distinctive outfit long enough during the show's run, whereas River was consistent with her flowing dresses and boots.

I think it's safe to say that Cameron has made a decent, measurable impact on pop culture considering TSCC's ill fortunes: Cameron is what most people liked and remembered from TSCC, at east in my experience, and she's always featured prominently in any major list of 'badass' female Sci-Fi characters, most especially robots/cyborgs - doubly so when it's gynoids specifically. Also, Summer is a lot more well-known now - she's earned the title "Queen of Sci-Fi", and every article quickly brings up her role as Cameron, and always in a positive tone. Cameron is like the show that birthed her in that she's a tragic, monumental waste of potential, practically an embodiment of the maxim 'the good die young' - but she still made a respectable impact considering all the adversity she faced.

Message #6 | PurpleHayes | 2014 May 30, 16:40 GMT

She did an awesome job very convincing loving those twin scorpions they must be airsoft but hey I dunno maybe in America she actually got hold of the real deal for the photoshoot. And you are so right Chris! TSCC is an incredibly deep and under-appreciated show half a dozen times I must have watched it and I'm still spotting new symbolisms and inferences in almost every episode!

Message #7 | Metal | 2014 Jun 20, 01:32 GMT

This is great, especially since I love good cosplay. biggrin
I think another reason that there aren't many TSCC cosplays, tho apart from lack of popularity, is that it's not the easiest thing to pull out a terminator make up, at least not for everyone, tho this girl seems to know her stuff very well. wink