POSTED BY chrisdvanne ON Mar 03, 2015 / 3 COMMENTS
Find below a few behind-the-scenes images from the scene in which Summer Glau's Terminator Cameron crashes into the front window of a car in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles 1.02 'Gnothi Seauton', as well as a few trivia about the car occupants.
Description of the scene.
Cameron gives pursuit to a Terminator that posed as the dead body of a Resistance fighter at their safe house and then fled after a fight with Cameron in the apartment. Sarah hijacks a motorcycle and later uses it to strike the fleeing Terminator with Cameron only several meters away. However, a car strikes Cameron as she crosses the road and the Terminator escapes.
- TV Shows (incl. Web series) > Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles (2008 - 2009) > Production stills/Behind-the-scene pictures > Episode Stills & BTS Pictures - Season 1
Trivia about the car occupants.
The tourist couple and their son were on a trip when Cameron crashed into their front window by accident. The mother screamed and the father fortunately stopped the car. When Cameron told them to "please remain calm" they both stared wide-eyed at her while their son appeared impressed.
1) The son of the tourist couple in 'Gnothi Seauton' was played by director David Nutter's son. Here's a screen capture of the boy in the car and a behind-the-scenes image showing Lena Headey, Summer Glau and David Nutter in the safe house.
2) The woman in the car was played by stunt actress Spice Williams-Crosby, who also performed stunts as a homeless woman in the second season episode 'Samson & Delilah' and as a prison guard firing at Cameron with a machine gun in the season two finale 'Born to Run' (see pictures below), but received no credit for her performances.
Science-fiction fans will remember Spice Williams-Crosby as the Klingon warrioress Vixis in the fifth Star Trek film Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (see HQ pictures below)
3) The man in the car was played by stunt actor Edward Conna, who also performed stunts in five other episodes of TSCC but received no credit for his performance. By way of anecdote, Conna performed stunts in Firefly (2002) and in Serenity (2005).
Car crash scene goofs.
Several mistakes made during the filming of the car crash with Cameron scene found their way into the final released episode.
1) Where are the police when you need them? A police officer apparently stopping the traffic during the shooting of the scene is visible on a few frames.
2) The metallic leg of a stage prop (see third behind-the-scenes image above) is visible on a frame.
I hope you enjoyed this behind-the-scenes look at the TSCC scene and that you leaned a thing or two. Feel free to leave a comment below.
Want to share this post? Here are some ready-made tweets:
Click to tweet: Behind the Scenes Look at a Car Crash With a Terminator. http://bit.ly/1CqJgar #SummerGlau #StuntActors #TSCC via @Summer_Glau_com
Click to tweet: Behind the Scenes Look at a Car Crash With a Terminator, including trivia, and goofs. http://bit.ly/1CqJgar #SummerGlau #TSCC
Click to tweet: Behind-the-scenes images, trivia and goofs from a scene of #TSCC 1.02 'Gnothi Seauton'. http://bit.ly/1CqJgar #SummerGlau
Like our Facebook fan page below to stay connected to the latest Summer Glau news!