Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond

Summer Glau at Long Beach Comic Con 2016

Summer Glau at Salt Lake City Comic Con FanXperience 2016

Summer Glau at Dragon Con 2016

By Admirator

Summer Glau at Rose City Comic Con 2016

18 Things you didn’t know about Firefly.

Admirator on: First images of Summer from Rose City Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Dragon Con Firefly panel - HQ photos

chrisdvanne on: Convention stories: Dragon Con 2016

chrisdvanne on: First images of Summer from Rose City Comic Con

RedsBaron on: Convention stories: Dragon Con 2016

KevinInEngland on: Summer Glau signing autographs at the NBC Upfronts in NYC

chrisdvanne on: Summer Glau signing autographs at the NBC Upfronts in NYC

KevinInEngland on: Summer Glau signing autographs at the NBC Upfronts in NYC

chrisdvanne on: Summer Glau signing autographs at the NBC Upfronts in NYC

KevinInEngland on: Summer Glau signing autographs at the NBC Upfronts in NYC

Transcript of the Peter Panzerfaust panel

Added by chrisdvanne on Apr 28, 2013 | 11 COMMENTS

Writer Kurtis Wiebe, artist Tyler Jenkins and Peter Panzerfaust motion comic & TV series Executive Producer Jeff Krelitz took the stage at C2E2 for a Q&A panel on Saturday, April 27, 2013.
An attendee published his notes from the panel, including Krelitz words on Elijah Wood, Ron Perlman and Summer Glau's voice work.

Transcript from the Peter Panzerfaust panel

My notes from the Peter Panzerfaust panel at C2E2. Overall, the panel was very interesting and included a fantastic and exciting trailer for the motion comic. Panel took form as a Q&A. My notes, a mix of summary and quotations, is below.

I have reproduced a few extracts below:

Peter Panzerfaust - Summer Glau

Question: Voice over for animation.
Producer Jeff Krelitz: Elijah Wood as Peter, Summer Glau as Wendy, Ron Perlman as Hook, and Dante Basco. Orchard scene sounds very promising.

Question: Hearing your characters? How did that feel?
Writer Kurtis Wiebe: Different from voices in head. French characters in my head don’t sound French or speak French. So strange to hear them that way. Very cool. Awesome.

Question: As far as voice-over work goes. Did any actors bring anything special to character that you weren’t expecting?
Producer Jeff Krelitz: Ron read lines in three different voices, his own voice, British, and German accent. German accent was perfect. Elijah got it right off the bat. Understood the character. Summer brought a sense of vulnerability and really got into character. She just let go and poured everything into it. She definitely teared up a few times. /Applause in the booth after an orchard scene reading because so emotional. / I was amazed she was able to deliver so many lines with such range.

Read the full transcript at Collecting Dust

An official trailer for the motion comic will be released on May 14, 2013, while the Peter Panzerfaust motion comic itself will be released the following day, on May 15, 2013.

UPDATE: Kurtis Wiebe wrote on his blog about his experience at C2E2, including a few words of thanks to Summer Glau fans.

But, at the end of the day, it was the lightbulb moment about Peter Panzerfaust that will make it a very special one. And really, that’s all because of the people who have given me their time, money and trust and supported this series either from the beginning, as new readers, as speculators, as Summer Glau fans, as anyone who’s been involved in any capacity of spreading the word about Peter Panzerfaust

Read more at: C2E2: Realization and a Thank You, by Kurtis Wiebe

Check the Summer Glau Wiki regularly as we should have the video of the Peter Panzerfaust panel very soon. As usual, you can comment under this News and in the dedicated thread in the Forum.

Message #1 | KevinInEngland | 2013 Apr 28, 22:30 GMT

We will see.

Message #2 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Apr 29, 06:03 GMT

I know I'm biased but I have the feeling that executive producer Jeff Krelitz basically thought that Perlman and Wood were good while Summer Glau did an amazing performance.

Can't wait to see the video from the panel to confirm that.

Message #3 | KevinInEngland | 2013 Apr 29, 10:17 GMT

If there is a panel I'll view it.  I've just seen Ron Perlman in a film about a medieval Witch who had to be transported for trial in another village.  She ended up being a Demon.  The film was well-made but unfortunately forgettable. (2011).
You could actually say that the reason they were able to move an exceedingly heavy prison truck over a flimsy bridge was because the witch/demon willed it so.  Otherwise I'd say it was impossible, especially considering the tens of yards of rope they used magically came from nowhere and was strong enough to do the job.
I guess the film was for kids but that being said, so is this comic story.... isn't it?

Message #4 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Apr 29, 11:46 GMT

Since when are comics for kids?

I think you would be surprised by the average age of the comics buyers, especially the Peter Panzerfaust serie.

Message #5 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Apr 29, 11:49 GMT

The video of the Peter Panzerfaust panel might include a surprise for all Summer Glau Wiki visitors spiteful

Message #6 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Apr 30, 06:34 GMT

If you have questions on the motion comic, where to look at it and more, you can listen to an interesting audio interview with writer Kurtis Wiebe at a local radio station.

Message #7 | Fox012 | 2013 May 01, 08:00 GMT

"peter panzerfaust" thats one silly name... wacko why they did not name him "peter Panzerschreck"  already dry

Message #8 | chrisdvanne | 2013 May 01, 08:42 GMT

Yeah, I noticed that when i searched for infos on the word "Panzerfaust".

The comic book print cover shows Peter holding a panzerschrek instead of an panzerfaust, which were both anti-tank weapons from WW 2.

I guess writer Kurtis Wiebe chose the first name because he thought it sounded better, or didn't want to use the word "schrek", maybe because it could be confusing with a animated movie by DreamWorks Pictures...just my two-cent.

Message #9 | Fox012 | 2013 May 01, 20:15 GMT

"schreck" and "shrek" are not that similar to each other most american's know what a panzerschreck is..

the panzerfaust and the panzerschreck are both of german origin and  from the WW2 as you already mentioned he might used the word "panzerfaust"  'cuz this weapon (the panzerschreck) is no longer in service while the panzerfaust 1 & 2 are no longer in service either but the Panzerfaust 3 is still in service but differs from the panzerschreck significantly (the panzer faust is a mounted warhead)

frankly I'm not quite happy to see summer connected to a motion comic about WWII  but thats just me...

Message #10 | chrisdvanne | 2013 May 01, 20:37 GMT

I know a lot about the WW2, I speak German and yet I didn't know what a panzerfaust or panzerschreck were.

I don't see any problem to have set the story during the WW2 area; I'm convinced that the comic book readers are more interested by the way the characters themselves are portrayed an drawed than by the fact the story takes place in France or that the villains are Nazis.
The James Bond movies and almost all spy movies had Russians villains (and also French ones btw) but that doesn't mean movie-goers had a bad opinion about Russians or French.

Message #11 | Fox012 | 2013 May 02, 00:36 GMT

well you are a Frenchie wink and I said Most Americans know the name panzerschreck it has it's origin from the US-Troops in WW2 they also (nick)named it "ofenrohr" (stove pipe) because after the panzerschreck has been fired it smoked a lot at one end exposing the shooter to the enemy very easy...  btw the Official name of the Panzerschreck is "Raketenpanzerbüchse"