Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
By angelaketty

By Admirator

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond

Summer Glau at Long Beach Comic Con 2016

Summer Glau at Salt Lake City Comic Con FanXperience 2016

Summer Glau at Dragon Con 2016

Summer Glau at Rose City Comic Con 2016

18 Things you didn’t know about Firefly.

Admirator on: First images of Summer from Rose City Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Dragon Con Firefly panel - HQ photos

chrisdvanne on: Convention stories: Dragon Con 2016

chrisdvanne on: First images of Summer from Rose City Comic Con

RedsBaron on: Convention stories: Dragon Con 2016

KevinInEngland on: Summer Glau signing autographs at the NBC Upfronts in NYC

chrisdvanne on: Summer Glau signing autographs at the NBC Upfronts in NYC

KevinInEngland on: Summer Glau signing autographs at the NBC Upfronts in NYC

chrisdvanne on: Summer Glau signing autographs at the NBC Upfronts in NYC

KevinInEngland on: Summer Glau signing autographs at the NBC Upfronts in NYC

Summer on The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson

Added by chrisdvanne on Nov 16, 2013 | 35 COMMENTS

Summer Glau was invited at The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson this Friday night. Her appearance was in connection with her ongoing role on The CW's Arrow and wrapped up a busy week during which no less than five interviews with Summer for Arrow were released online and this weeks episode of Arrow hit seasons high ratings.

Summer looked amazing wearing a form-fitting blue dress and high heels. She was talking about her biggest fears, namely zombies, voodoo...and wales, and being from San Antonio and loving Mexican food and tacos. Craig Ferguson was having fun with her - as he always do with his guests - and Summer looked a bit nervous but made it through with no problem. Does Summer really don't know what The Doctor's Tardis is?

Watch the video and a few screencaps of her interview with Craig Ferguson for The Late Late Show.

Summer Glau on The Late Late Show - November 15Summer Glau on The Late Late Show - November 15Summer Glau on The Late Late Show - November 15

[Summer Glau on The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson.]

Anyway, it's good to see her get additional air time never the less and I hope this interview is the sign that something big is coming in her career.

Feel free to share your thoughts with us in the comment section below.

1 2 »

Message #1 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Nov 16, 07:57 GMT

While Summer looked uncomfortable, I have the feeling Ferguson wasn't at his best either.

Anyway, what's especially interesting about Summer Glau being on is that she's not even a series regular in Arrow.

Message #2 | KevinInEngland | 2013 Nov 16, 11:00 GMT

Poor Summer, fancy having to put up with that shit.  And to think it is a Friday night high spot.
We have a show in the UK on Friday nights with Graham Norton, it is just as crappy.
I could see Summer wanted to get away and was wondering how long that childish carry-on would continue.

That is how I saw it.  Awful

Message #3 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Nov 16, 11:16 GMT

Well, I wouldn't have put it that way but if you look at my previous comment, this is basically what I said.

Summer has never been completely at ease in interviews in the past but this type of talk show is obviously not for her.

Message #4 | KevinInEngland | 2013 Nov 16, 11:23 GMT

No Chris.  Good on Summer I say.  She is better than that.  He probably did her image more harm than good, unless of course people are not stupid but I suspect people that watch that show are.
btw I would not be surprised if she suffered insomnia and a recurring dream.  She trained very hard and had lessons to learn.  A big strain on the brain, even if you can do it when you are young and developing.
When I was really young I pictured gremlins under my bed, so I hid under the covers, because they might put their thin arms with nails on long fingers up to grab me.  I didn't take it that seriously but it was still a chilling thought.

Message #5 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Nov 16, 12:40 GMT

I agree, this interview was not good for her image, this is why I will maybe not advertise it too much outside of the fandom.
You and me know very well that she's not at ease with that type of interviews (and by that I mean interviews not focused on her job as an actress) but most CBS's TV watchers (and the public on set) probably haven't heard of Summer and they will not have a good image of her.
I'm very well aware that her main job is to give outstanding performances on screen but you must participate to this kind of interviews if you want to reach a larger public.

Message #6 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Nov 16, 13:02 GMT

The funny thing is that Summer mentioned one of her biggest fears is Zombies and that she could not watch "The Walking Dead" and the other guest from the show was actor Steven Yeun from..."The Walking Dead" biggrin

Message #7 | ZackRavn | 2013 Nov 16, 13:15 GMT

Craig Ferguson is actually very good at making the guests feel more comfortable than ther shows (usually). Summer was just nervous and that can make it awkward sometimes. I'm sure she wouldn't have agreed to do the show if she had never seen Craig's style before smile

And actually she did say she knew Doctor Who in the interview. She said it quietly while Craig was putting the Tardis away. I guess she just haven't seen it much so she didn't recognise the tardis at first.

Message #8 | Frank | 2013 Nov 16, 13:29 GMT

It was difficult for me to understand what they were talking about. Summer was very beautiful, as always. Also was noticeable that she was nervous.

Message #9 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Nov 16, 13:33 GMT

You're right, I watched the video again and she said softly "I know Doctor Who" indeed.

She was obviously nervous and it might have been disconcerting for her when he waved the Tardis in front of her. Ferguson might be good but I personnally find him disconcerting.

Message #10 | dylangillian | 2013 Nov 16, 13:40 GMT

i think we all know that summer is not at her ease at these kind of interviews. in my honest opninion it think that people that don't know summer already don't really have a good picture in their head of her now (as mentioned earlier in this thread), and Ferguson was kinda awkward to watch in my opinion.

Message #11 | Frank | 2013 Nov 16, 15:52 GMT

I can't imagine how someone can write comments, similar to one of the last on Youtube. angry

Message #12 | dylangillian | 2013 Nov 16, 16:18 GMT

what do you mean?

Message #13 | riversfeet | 2013 Nov 16, 18:29 GMT

Plus, they made her wear heels instead of boots, which she prefers.

Message #14 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Nov 16, 16:19 GMT

Unless they're obvious trolls I let people express their opinion and the message you mentioned is not alone, I saw similar comments on Twitter today.

Message #15 | PurpleHayes | 2013 Nov 16, 18:34 GMT

Audience talk shows mostly suck! It's not about the interview! Same with Graham Norton or Jonathan Ross. They don't have guests on these shows to talk about their work, they have guests so that the host who does most of the talking can just have a joke and talk nonsense with someone who the audience might recognise. If the point of the show was the interview these shows wouldn't have to name their hosts in the title but they do because the point isn't the guest but the 'personality'. If they want to talk seriously with someone about the show or movie they are working on they probably wouldn't have a screaming audience or such loud presenters. So yeah I don't like this kind of TV, but Summer was adorable as ever.

Message #16 | riversfeet | 2013 Nov 16, 19:00 GMT

Probably the BEST Talk show out there is the radio talk show "Stu's Show" (stusshow.com) which is a weekly 2-3 hour show that gives (usually) plenty of time for the celebrity to talk about their projects, their history, funny stories, etc. Televised talk shows don't really offer that because they have such a limited timeframe and everything feels rushed.

I agree with PurpleHayes. Not many talk show hosts are that funny (apart from maybe Conan O'Brien), so I kinda knew what I was getting into with Craig Ferguson (despite never actually watching his show).

Message #17 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Nov 16, 23:04 GMT

Good points, PurpleHayes !

Message #18 | robbo | 2013 Nov 17, 00:10 GMT

Summer looked absolutely stunning she doesn"t need to worry about clowns on chat shows, shows like that are not worth Jack-shit, they just like to undermine people and pull them to bits, that"s the way they operate just like in the UK, don"t like to watch them cheap and nasty shows, Summer is far too clever and well educated to entertain crappy shows like that, he was lucky its a good job I wasn"t their. wink

Message #19 | terminatorgirl | 2013 Nov 17, 03:45 GMT

Despite Summer being nervous and Craig well being himself, I loved watching Summer she looked amazing in her dress. I hope this doesn't affect Summer's image but we her true fans know that she is an amazing kind, very talented person. I'm just curious did any body think that Summer looked a little scared maybe of Geoff the skeleton when she looked at him at first? Any ways despite this being well a different kind of interview I still loved seeing Summer, so I'm glad we got too.

Message #20 | Metal | 2013 Nov 17, 07:07 GMT

I don't know what's you yapping about lads, but I ve actually been waiting for this to happen from a long time. I think that they both looked awkward n out of place at times yes, but that's what I like about Ferguson, he doesn't overcoat it all in scripted bs, and this interview with Summer proves it.

I actually quite enjoyed the show and apart from the trolls who will always be trolls I don't think it puts much worse light on Summer than if she hasn't been on any show n there was no news or stuff going around her. You can argue but there really is no bad publicity, ask lady gaga.

Craig was trying to act in it's natural way tossing jokes and stuff, and it actually works great, take a loot at Emily vanVamp, it actually worked with Summer too, but most ppl here including just can't understand that if you grew the way that Summer did, having a more confined/introvert way of life (be it bcs of the ballet in her case or for different reasons) you sorta (if not born that way (too)) become introvert type of a person, you're more shy, more sensitive, you get anxiety attacks n shit when having to go in public let alone a tv show. Just take a look at Johnny Depp, yes you won't notice it easily because he had years of talk shows, but even he is still shy in his own way and a bit restrained in his interviews as well, just not as panicked now n then.

The only bad thing here are the negative comments, if other ppl from the tv industry read this other hosts might reconsider inviting Summer. Whether it's good for Summer to go to these shows it's up to her n her management. It's great that you care so much, but maybe it's better to be careful not to cause a negative result tho the good intentions. I know I have in the past at some point or another bcs I too care and adore Summer, it's human to make mistakes now n then tho.

Tbh it actually wasn't what I imagined it would be, but I truly liked it. Ye know kinda like some ppl imagine how their first kiss would be, but in reality it is nothing like it, yet in the end they think it's even better. That's it how it th eshow felt for me.

Moral of the story, trolls will talk shit about Summer, nothing will make them like her and us, nothing they say can make us not to like her , so chill and enjoy.  cool

Message #21 | Metal | 2013 Nov 17, 07:10 GMT

As for Goeff, I think she was surprised at first.
Then I bet she prolly thought: "Ooh a Terminator". biggrin

Message #22 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Nov 17, 16:38 GMT

I don't get your points. What trolls are you talking about?
People who have commented they didn't find Summer was a good guest (to make short) have simply stated their opinion, there's nothing wrong with it. On the opposite, SG fans have also given their opinion; and if you can't find positive opinions on Summer's performance or fanboyish comments on a SG fan site, I don't know where you can find them. People have the right to think that this kind of talk show is BS, not just because of Summer.

I'm glad you think there's no such thing as bad publicity; allow me not to share this opinion because Lady Gaga is known universally while SG is not; people who didn't know her before and who have seen this interview may have a wrong image of her.

I don't care what people from the tv industry might think (and they probably don't care about us), this site is primarily made for the fans.

Message #23 | Metal | 2013 Nov 17, 21:12 GMT

1stly by trolls I meant all those jerks (on tweeter f.e. n everywhere else on the net, NOT HERE), that talks bad for Summer just for the sport of it. Like that guy that was impersonating you if you remember this one. And this what I mean by troll. Oh that guy on you tube that flinged bs that Summer couldn't act too.

And by no means I would want for anyone to have their right of opinion and expression (in any form) to be stripped of them, I've lived in under communist regime, even as a child still, not fun. But as I agree for the majority of this shows like Leno, Conan, etc., not to mention the Great Britain stuff(the 1 legged aussie man f.e.) and the local shit here which are below any standard, so yeh those shows are mostly crap. I can't say I am Craig brown-noser either, but I like the talks with the stars in his shows, it's way more funny in contrast to most of the other shows.

2nd Yeah, it's not that I think it or I like it as much, but it's the truth more or less. Lady Gaga wasn't always popular, she BECAME popular bcs of those crap she did and hence there were enough fools to bite the bate(plus a large amount of money to it) it worked.

The "problem" with Summer is that she's not a cheap clown, who would does whatever some sleazy douche in a suit will tell her, (for which I respect her entirely) and obviously is the 2nd problem that her career isn't a sponsored one (whether by choice and/or due to lack of such industry back-up) .

But whether ppl that haven't seen Summer before... I don't know, it depends whether they will like her or not in the end, even if they decided that she's like what, stupid, drunk? Honestly even if they do think as awful things as those, the next thing they'll do is look her up, is she really that bad I gotta check it out. Now argue on it but that is what most ppl do, I ve done, you ve done, hardly anyone with internet hasnt done it. Why? Because ppl are curious, which is why I said that there is not really a bad publicity. Those who look her up will see that she really is not that bad, she was just nervous. Furthermore to back up this thesis, see how many of you think that this and such shows are bs, rubbish, wouldn't you think they who don't know Summer yet wouldn't have this thought in mind too. Oh this is a rubbish talk show whatever, but her scene in the beginning was impressive. Besides with TSCC I think the chance off ppl not seen Summer, adding the guest starring in Arrow now will leave few to none of a much ppl that hasn't seen her, hence checked more of her. So do you get some of my points now?

And if you think that care about the ppl in tv industry, I don't. But maybe Summer does. Because lets face it, I can hate the tv industry ppl, those who censor stuff and cancel shows, but at the end it's up to the tv industry ppl, good or bad to decide who gets this or that role. When shows cast ppl for a role they sometimes go like this, look we have a spare role, preferably let's take some one that can do well with publicity and help us a bit to promote ourselves. So I m not worried about the ppl as much the ppl in the industry as they are those who take the decisions.

If you look at the interview with Phoebe Tonkin, who is also amazingly beautiful and a nice person, I've been following her career ever since I saw her in H2O. She had her first talk show ever in Ferguson. If you known her even a slightly bit, you'll know that she is really an extrovert person and enjoys partying and is really socially open. Eventho she was nearly as nervous as Summer did, and Summer is a hardcore introvert(I am unhealthy introverted person myself and I can understand why she was so shy and why the talk didn't go so "great") even tho she is a few years senor to Phoebe, it was a way more of a shock to do the same even all her other interviews.

As I said I wasn't trying to force ppl not to express their opinions, certainly not to tell them that talk shows aren't rubbish, when they are in most cases. But many stated opinions that it was as if it would've been better if Summer stayed away from those, but I think that au contraire, she should do more, because as with conventions, she just need a few goes at it and she'll be glamorous.

I am the last person on this Earth that will give a damn about the industry, but I as I guess you too want to see Summer in more roles and in more shows and the road to them not always, but most pass through publicity. And those are the ppl who take the decisions in the end. If it wasn't the case, we might've seen more Firefly, TSCC and what not. Maybe, maybe not, but if it was all just industry independent(not indy, in any way tho, I hate those posers) then most likely Joss Whedon would've made more yeah.

Message #24 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Nov 17, 22:41 GMT

Yes, I get some of your points.
I've been thinking of writing a rant about the fact that Summer is not visible enough in online medias, magazines and social events in Hollywood for a loooong time.
It happens that she has now a recurring role in a successfull (even if the audience is limited) tv show, recently several interviews were published in important entertainment websites, she went to a social event with her boyfriend and was a guest in a talk show on CBS. That's maybe not much but it didn't happen since she was on The Cape back in 2011. More, it has every chance to bring her job opportunities. And this is an obligatory pathway to build her career outside of the sci-fi niche.
I regret that her appearance on The Late Late Show did not go as well as I had hoped (because of Summer's lack of preparation or excessive nervousness), but maybe it's just me. And maybe you're right, people have noticed Summer and will be curious about her. Future will tell.

While this site is made by and for the fans, I share your concern about what TPTB might think about Summer's ability to promote well a show/movie. (Think Jean Dujardin promoting "The Artist" on every set of television).

Message #25 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Nov 17, 22:58 GMT

To those who think that chosing The Late Late Show to promote The CW's Arrow was maybe not Summer's management best decision; The CW is owned by CBS (well, it's a 50/50 joint venture with Warner Bros).

Message #26 | TerminatorEmily | 2013 Nov 18, 00:01 GMT

She seemed very nervous but she managed to get through the interview and have a good time! smile I find it surprising for being the goddess of sci-fi that she doesn't know what the TARDIS is... huh...
She looked very beautiful in that dress biggrin :D biggrin :D
<3 <3 happy <3 <3 smile biggrin XD

Except I think she could've have had a better interviewer... ... ... ... ...
(RANDOM SUBJEXCT CHANGE: TSCC SEASON 3!!!!!)
(ahem)
...
biggrin

Message #27 | Choupy | 2013 Nov 18, 01:20 GMT

Message #28 | Metal | 2013 Nov 19, 02:32 GMT

Yep, I was thinking about the Cape too. She was a series regular there, tho it didn't got her that much "buzz" around her as in talk shows or events activity. I give it to that that the show wasn't so well promoted and even the good scores it had among most of the viewers as acceptance, still promoting seems to be the way for every show to go these days.

It's great that Arrow has such a positive effect on her career, however the issue here is that's it's uncertain for how long she will reoccur there and whether her character will advance into a more important one be it for a short time even. However again, for the characteristic of role, it's impressive what she n the show has achieved actually. I thought it would've been way more linear char and in short I wasn't expecting that much, this is more than I was barging for. biggrin

The biggest opportunity here for Summer is to try and use this boost and I may contradict myself a little bit, but I think it's more important for her to aim at roles and guest appearances. Talk shows may aid in this which why I also think it's important for her to try and practice on those as a second primary, knowing her from what I've seen and read about her, she is a strong personality. I am sure she will get self motivated and already working on it. She just needs a second chance now.
I don't mean that ppl doesn't matter, but in most cases it's not that important if it's a small issue like that. I just think the tv industry ppl might be a bit of bigger threat.

Message #29 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Nov 21, 12:53 GMT

Btw, Summer DO KNOW what a Tardis is! Check out this screencap from NTSF:SD:SUV  S03E01 'Comic Con Air'

Message #30 | KevinInEngland | 2013 Nov 23, 12:53 GMT

I still say a TV interviewer should be very very professional in their approach.  They earn big big money and in the case of Craig Ferguson, he really could not care what he said.  He came over as either drunk or on drugs (He wasn't but why was he so useless?) He came over aggressive like a lounge lizard. Who else could have hashed up an interview like he did?
I most certainly would have done a better job than him - how hard can it be?

OK, let's see.  I have a notepad, and the actress is Summer Glau.  Let's do a quick google, bing or better still DuckDuckGo (to avoid the government snoopers).
Oh yes, she started out training as a ballerina, was born in SA, wanted to be an actress, succeeded in this respect, has 2 sisters.
OK. Now a few questions and a few funny moments.
(I agree asking how she got her name was funny).
Here are a few of my questions;
Summy babe (to make her smile), if you was a casting agent, what role would you like to be asked to do? What would you like to see in your film that appeals to audiences? eg funny, sad, harrowing, love story, sad love story etc?
Have your sisters ever shown a desire to act or appear in films?
Can you think of anything funny that happened to you at home?
Or whilst on set?
Do you want to ask me a deep, delving, probing question?
And then can I ask you one afterwards?

How hard can it be? guys!

1-30 31-35