the Happy Birthday thread

Sending fanmail

Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows

Submit a News or Article

Summer Glau at Comic Con Russia 2015

The official funny thread

Do you think we will get a TSCC continuation?

Cammy on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

robbo on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

Fermi on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

KevinInEngland on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

enrico c039 on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

chrisdvanne on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

Admirator on: First images of Summer from Rose City Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Dragon Con Firefly panel - HQ photos

chrisdvanne on: Convention stories: Dragon Con 2016

chrisdvanne on: First images of Summer from Rose City Comic Con

Summer Glau Thanks Fans Who Voted Her In Maxim 2014 Hot 100 List

Added by chrisdvanne on May 26, 2014 | 7 COMMENTS

Summer Glau Chats About Making Maxim 2014 Hot 100 List

Maxim magazine revealed a few days ago the names of the women who made it into their Maxim Hot 100 List and Summer made it to #63 on the 2014 ranking .

And now the magazine published Summer's words on making the 2014 Hot 100 list. The 32-year-old beauty talks about her best qualities, and thanks fans for voting for her. Check out this little chat below:

What does sexiness mean to you?
Sexiness to me is being comfortable in your own skin and trying to be your best self.
What do you think is your best physical attribute?
My favorite physical attribute would be my shoulders.
What is your best mental attribute?
My favorite mental attribute I think is my curiosity!
Anything you want to say to the fans that voted you onto the Hot 100 list?
Thanks for making me feel special.
Source: Maxim
Side note: the photo of Summer on top is from a 2009 lingerie photoshoot by Tyler Shields.

Message #1 | chrisdvanne | 2014 May 26, 15:55 GMT

I wish more people and especially The Powers That Be would acknowledge that.

Edit: guess we now know which picture of Summer will be used in the special Hot 100 issue of Maxim magazine smile

Message #2 | chrisdvanne | 2014 May 26, 16:09 GMT

Maxim'w website has published several chats with women who made it into their 2014 list, namely winner Candice Swanepoel, Demi Lovato (#40), Lea Michele (#31), Summer Glau (#63)...and that's about it.

To be honest, I'm a little surprised they asked Summer to comment on her making it into the list...not that I'm complaining though biggrin
It also means Summer is not shy about beeing featured in these lists.

Message #3 | Rick | 2014 May 26, 16:29 GMT

I think her best physical feature are those lips! She has the best natural pout.

Message #4 | chrisdvanne | 2014 May 26, 18:27 GMT

Hi Rick, welcome here and thanks for posting a message, it's very appreciated.

I have to agree with you, I like her natural pout, especially in TSCC.

Message #5 | ogy86 | 2014 May 26, 20:45 GMT

Great to see her on the list!

Congrats Summer, you deserve it!

Message #6 | Metal | 2014 Jun 04, 07:15 GMT

Awesome Summer as always !  biggrin

I am fairly disappointed in the list tho, as always or most times. As I am (happily)surprised Summer didn't drop out from the list like Katie Cassidy for example, who also a gorgeous lady and Caity Lotz who nearly fell off the list and Celina Jade who is just adorable and fell off the list too btw, same as Felicity,  as we have such creatures like Demi Lovatto, Beyonce, Rihanna, Zooey Deschanel, Katy Perry and a whole bunch of people no one even knows or cares about are ahead of them which no offense for whomever likes em, but c'mon.

And Kate Upton being out of the top ten and behind Rihanna is just bs. Yeah she is famous bcs of her big boobs, but she's also beautiful and this list should've been about hotness, not popularity, but who am I to complain. I know that everyone has it's own preferences, but still I can't help, but to be unhappy about how this list turned out. How could you ever think that Katy Perry or Zooey Deschanel are in any way prettier or let alone hotter or sexier than any of the Arrow ladies, especially Summer and than others like Amber Heard or Kate Upton. I am not one of those ppl that thinks that once something is, nothing new could be better or replace it, but what I am unhappy is that this list is 100% based on commercial success, whether it was manipulated or purely based on the actual votes, still it's really sad. They should rename this to Maxim 100 Popularity & Eventually Hot list.

As the number 1 Candice Swanepoel isn't exactly ugly if you get my meaning, and I have to admit I have sinned thus voting for her a few times myself I never thought she had an actual chance at even making the top 10, and I am quite surprised that she is at the top. Don't get me wrong she is pretty, and she is hot I guess, but I could still easily pick Caity Lotz over her f.e. However considering previous years, especially last year's list this actually not a bad number 1.

My actual problem is with those ppl that are way far from the concept of being sexy or hot or even pretty. And most of those that actually are, are pushed at the end of the list mostly. I really can't see how Emily Ratajkowski is hotter than Summer or how can Avril Lavigne be any better than Amber Heard? It's really a wtf moment however when you see Miley Cyrus ahead of all of them including, but not limited to Emily VanCamp, Stana Katic, Emilia Clarke and Gina Carano.Let alone that some like Lena Headey who is considerably. . . well 19 yearls older than  Miley Cyrus, but if I had to pick between both on spending a special evening with, I wouldn't take any time to think before picking Lena. Not that the choice is particularly hard when you have Cyrus the Virus there, but still I find Headey hotter than 80% of this list. She's still hotter than Nina Dobrev or let alone monsters like Rita Ora. Which reminds me it's amazing Lady Gaga didn't made the list, and I am not dissapointed on that one.

But still my point stays, it sucks that this have to turn into popularity list instead what it's title says. Example such as having Scarlett Johansson on #15 last year and at #2 this year. Either the Avengers franchise had something to do with it or she suddenly became 13 spots hotter than last year. And forgot to mention.... how the hell Christina Hendricks and Megan Fox don't make it to the top 100 in a hot list is beyond my imagination. Angelina Jolie also.

Message #7 | chrisdvanne | 2014 Jun 04, 07:43 GMT

As you guessed, the Maxim list (and all other beauty contests, such as FHM's) is the result of a clever mix between popularity, ability to attract magazine buyers, upcoming movie/tv show release, friendship with the editor in chief (or the amount of gifts you made him) and has little to do with beauty.
There's nothing we can do about it and the best is to play by their rules and continue to vote for our favorite women (yeah, I tend to think it counts, even if it is for 20% only).