the Happy Birthday thread

Sending fanmail

Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows

Submit a News or Article

Summer Glau at Comic Con Russia 2015

The official funny thread

Do you think we will get a TSCC continuation?

Cammy on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

robbo on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

Fermi on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

KevinInEngland on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

enrico c039 on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

chrisdvanne on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

Admirator on: First images of Summer from Rose City Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Dragon Con Firefly panel - HQ photos

chrisdvanne on: Convention stories: Dragon Con 2016

chrisdvanne on: First images of Summer from Rose City Comic Con

New movie for Summer

Added by Fermi on Nov 01, 2012 | 14 COMMENTS

More infos on Summer Glau's new movie. The twitter account for "Inside the Box " announced that Summer Glau will play the role of Sofia, Matt's (played by Wilson Bethel) wife.

Inside the Box the box is a short film about the laws that discriminate against HIV positive individuals. David Martín-Porras is the writer-director of this short film.

When the local District Attorney comes knocking, a Texan cop is forced to face a secret that he's been hiding from his wife in an effort to keep his family together.

"Inside the Box" is more than a short film. It will serve as a teaser for David's next project, the feature film "A Texas Story," which we are very excited to report has made it to the final round of the Sundance Screenwriters Lab.
Both the short and the feature deal with HIV criminalization. Many laws that are currently being enforced in dozens of U.S. states and in several countries around the world are rooted in nothing but ignorance and have put many innocent people in jail.

See this short movie about the project

Read more at: insidethebox

Message #1 | chrisdvanne | 2012 Nov 01, 23:39 GMT

I'm glad to see that you're alive to the fact that Summer Glau will never be River Tam or Cameron again.

While i find it amusing and flattering for Summer that she's in the dream cast list whenever an action film is announced (see the Tomb Raider or female Expendable movies), i'm very well aware that it has very little chance to happen.

Bloggers (me included) like to perpetuate the myth in order to write catching articles but fans should not be fooled. We like to fantasize, that's all.

I'm glad Summer Glau is a working actress, even it's not always in the genre or in the movie we would want to see her.

Message #2 | KevinInEngland | 2012 Nov 01, 21:50 GMT

That's different. I think we might be seeing very varied Summer Glau performances in times to come. I'll be interested to see where this film takes her. It is kinda worrying (in the imaginative sense). I don't know how the law in England stands but I believe there are not any restrictions whatsoever. (The UK government is very soft on most things. We are a soft touch).
I assume the film will be all in English but if not I won't worry about it.
The title of the film is 'Ida Y Vuelta', which loosely means 'there and back' or 'round trip'. Y = &.
It's funny because Arnie says (when translated), Estarȇ de vuelta = I'll be back - but I'm digressing now.
I guess the film will be interesting from a UK point of view because some of the 'True Movies 1 & 2' films that depict injustices in America, do not happen in the UK. Conversely, things happen here that do not happen in America. For instance, I think the speed that the American authorities are handling their hurricane Sandy disaster is admirable. Over here, I'm sure that it would take weeks just to think about doing some of the rectification work.
(Sorry if I went on too much).
I wish Summer good luck and look forward to this film too. We have to come to terms with the fact she is not River or Cameron any more. Sighhhh but that's life. We all age and change and have to move with the flow.

Message #3 | chrisdvanne | 2012 Nov 01, 23:52 GMT

Here's the movie poster of 'Inside the Box' :

Message #4 | robbo | 2012 Nov 02, 00:09 GMT

inside the box, love the poster reminds me of one of those cult horror movie classics, something like the burning, sounds very interesting for summer glau. very pleased for her to get the part. not sure what a short film is tho, just must be me. smile

Message #5 | TerminatorEmily | 2012 Nov 02, 00:39 GMT

a short's like one of those videos you see on youtube that are 5 to 15 minutes...not like a whole movie that's an hour long. biggrin

Message #6 | TerminatorEmily | 2012 Nov 02, 00:39 GMT

I can't wait to see Summer!

Message #7 | robbo | 2012 Nov 02, 00:49 GMT

thanks for explaining, terminatoremily looking forward to seeing summer as well, should be fun. smile

Message #8 | TerminatorEmily | 2012 Nov 02, 01:36 GMT

you're welcome robbo. Yes I'm very excited! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Message #9 | KevinInEngland | 2012 Nov 02, 10:56 GMT

It's nice to see you guys on this site even though Summer might never be the girl of our dreams anymore. Chris is dead right, she has to earn a living and to be honest I think she looks older now. Claiming her to be a young Alpha is pushing it a bit. I know that hurricane Sandy has put a lot of American fans out of commission because a colleague of mine has not been heard of since it happened (He lives in New York). I am getting the impression that people are either no longer interested in her, or hurricane Sandy is the reason. Only myself and one other admirer of her have posted on
Perhaps the weekend will be different and people who 'work' will read the postings boards. (I don't work because I have PKD stage 4 going on to 5 dialysis, a form of epilepsy & osteo arthritis in my neck of all hellish places, in case people think I don't work cos' I'm lazy).
I know Summer still has lots of fans because of her recent visit to Australia and the constant shouting when she appears in public. The word 'Summer, Summer, Summer, Summer' from photographers and fans must ring in her ears haha.
(They should get Catherine Weaver to take her place, she is good at posing for photographers - remember anyone? "an inch to the right".
That was the clip where we first saw her secretary Victoria, before she spoke to Catherine about Dr Sherman and her own problem with her own son after her marriage break-up.
2_6 The Tower Is Tall But The Fall Is Short)

Message #10 | chrisdvanne | 2012 Nov 02, 11:27 GMT

If every member of this site thought like me, it would be boring. I'm glad that many posters (and lurkers too i guess) have different opinions and different ways to express their admiration for Summer Glau.

Thank you robbo, TerminatorEmily and a few others for your fanboyish/girlish enthousiasm; this is what makes this site alive smile

Message #11 | TerminatorEmily | 2012 Nov 02, 11:51 GMT

I will love Summer no matter what.

Message #12 | robbo | 2012 Nov 02, 17:01 GMT

dont know what they say in the usa, for a girl like summer glau, but over in the uk i would class her as our english rose, elegant, charming, beautiful, and sheer class, wink

Message #13 | KevinInEngland | 2012 Nov 09, 14:14 GMT

OMG, I might have been taken the wrong way. I said she was not the girl of our dreams, meaning that she will not be cast as River Ram or Cameron again, even if we wish she could be. Nothing to do with her being a few years older.
I know some fans want her to be River again and others want her to be Cameron again. These are our dreams but if for me she can pull off the 'In The Box', I will be happy. Just like I will be happy to see her as a Christine Prancer.
Each one of us prefers her in different roles, I'm happy to see her performing roles wrought with tension.

Message #14 | chrisdvanne | 2012 Nov 09, 16:03 GMT

No, everyone understood you perfectly Kevin.

As you said, the paradox is that almost every fan (including me) dream of seing her play River or Cameron or a similar role but Summer Glau herself keep repeating in interviews in panels that she will never do martial arts again.
Apparently, the force of dream is so strong among the fans that they refuse to see it and dream cast her in every upcoming sci-fi blockbuster.

The reality is that Summer is playing 'normal' girls (yes, even Skylar) and is branching out from sci-fi. I can understand that it's confusing for her fans but it's her choice and i support her choices (and will continue to dreamcast her in every sci-fi movie or tv in my blogs tongue ).

Side note : your use of colors and various font size is painful