The Fanart Thread

Summer Glau at Long Beach Comic Con 2016

Summer Glau at Comic Con Russia 2015

Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
By angelaketty

chrisdvanne on: Summer Glau signing autographs at the NBC Upfronts in NYC

KevinInEngland on: Summer Glau signing autographs at the NBC Upfronts in NYC

chrisdvanne on: Summer Glau signing autographs at the NBC Upfronts in NYC

KevinInEngland on: Summer Glau signing autographs at the NBC Upfronts in NYC

Summer Glau 2011 Calgary Expo Panel Video

Added by Fermi on Jun 20, 2011 | 12 COMMENTS

Three part video of Summer Glau at 2011 Calgary Expo panel.

Message #1 | chrisdvanne | 2011 Jun 23, 23:08 GMT

In fact they have inserted retro shots during the whole interview; mostly 50"s or 60's shots featuring parties or things like that; so that the first shot is part of a narrative choice from the writers of the show. I was a little shocked when i saw the first frame and wrote a reply immediately but then the interview is fun indeed.

Message #2 | chrisdvanne | 2011 Jun 21, 07:30 GMT

Are you kidding?
Did you see the image insert at 0:50 on Elisha's interview?

The interview was fun, indeed.
But that's the point, Summer would never feel as comfortable as Elisha.

Message #3 | Devo | 2011 Jun 23, 18:59 GMT

I believe Nathan's buttocks was featured prominently in an episode of Firefly. tongue
I didn't notice that frame when I watched it last time. Meh, I can tell it's the puppet's shtick. It's just some knuckle-dragger plebeian humor inserted into the segment in post production.
I enjoyed the rest of the interview from what I remember.

That brings up a question though. Which television or radio personality would you most want to interview Summer?
For late night talk shows I think maybe Leno and Summer could have good chemistry. but Letterman I remember as being witty and a bit goofy(or was it the other way around? tongue ) That could be a fun interview too.

Message #4 | Devo | 2011 Jun 21, 05:59 GMT

I am torn because Summer is incredibly cute when embarrassed.
She said working on KoB, with the comedy element, she had to be comfortable with embarrassment. smile

Here is Ed with Elisha Cuthbert. I think it would be cool to have Summer on his show.

Message #5 | chrisdvanne | 2011 Jun 21, 05:04 GMT

Of course i know who Ed the Sock is!

Quote (not me)
Ed The Sock is the sock puppet who regularly interviews musicians and hosted programming on MuchMusic and Citytv

I know Ed the Sock is not mean by nature but i fear Summer would not feel comfortable during the interview. See how she was embarrassed on several occasion shere.

Message #6 | Alex | 2011 Jun 20, 23:02 GMT

My thanks to whomever took this video - I must have been sitting in the same general part of the arena. This is a great souvenir of what was actually my first real "panel" - I'd seen presentations before, like Marina Sirtis' one-woman show, and John Delancie always did fun Q&As when he was in town, but this was the first panel-style one. I thought this was a very well done session.

Does anyone know if Summer came back later for an Ed the Sock interview? I saw Michael Hogan and Matt Frewer did additional panels with Ed and Red on the Sunday, so maybe they got Summer back for more? (And if you have no idea what I mean by "Ed the Sock" - it's truly a Canadian thing.)

Message #7 | chrisdvanne | 2011 Jun 20, 21:45 GMT

I wish i had better english skills because this is quite difficult for me to understand evrything that has been said; the sound is not always very good of course, they change topics all the time; it's not like when you see a tv show where the images matches the dialogs and they focus on a topic.
I'm confident this will change after a year or two of intense practicing on The Summer Glau Wiki smile

Message #8 | chrisdvanne | 2011 Jun 20, 21:30 GMT

Fan question : Which of the boys from "The Big Bang Theory" is your favourite?
Summer : (laughs) All of them
Teddy Wilson : Which one would you have dated was the question.
Summer : ...(embarrassed)...
Teddy Wilson : All of them was the answer
Lol.
Lots of funny moments on this panel.

Message #9 | Devo | 2011 Jun 20, 21:19 GMT

Fantastic panel!

There were the stock questions that we have all heard a million times, but then there were the real gems when she opened up about her hopes and dreams.

I found it funny that she would do most everything different if she had the chance. Summer seems to love life so much that one lifetime just isn't enough. She never ceases to amaze me. biggrin

This is also the first time I heard that she used to teach ballet. You'd probably be blessed to have a ballet teacher as nice as Summer. I heard dancing is like boot camp. smile

Message #10 | chrisdvanne | 2011 Jun 20, 19:02 GMT

Summer Glau panel @ Calgary Expo : thanks for the video!

Message #11 | chrisdvanne | 2011 Jun 20, 19:09 GMT

We had a Summer Glau Panel @ Calgary Expo transcipt yesterday given by Alex ( http://summer-glau.com/news/2011-06-18-186-0-2-1308595760#ent554) but having the video is irreplacable.

Message #12 | Granite | 2011 Jun 20, 19:12 GMT