Firefly Online

The official funny thread

the Happy Birthday thread

Sending fanmail

Cammy on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

robbo on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

Fermi on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

KevinInEngland on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

enrico c039 on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

chrisdvanne on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

Admirator on: First images of Summer from Rose City Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Dragon Con Firefly panel - HQ photos

chrisdvanne on: Convention stories: Dragon Con 2016

chrisdvanne on: First images of Summer from Rose City Comic Con

Arrow adds Summer in Recurring Role

Added by chrisdvanne on Jul 10, 2013 | 26 COMMENTS

Awesome news, The CW's hit drama Arrow has upped its geek cred by recruiting Summer Glau as an adversary for Oliver Queen, played by Stephen Amell.

Summer Glau to guest star in Arrow

In Season 2 of the superhero series, Summer Glau will fill the recurring role of Isabel Rochev, the beautiful and dangerous Vice President of Aquisitions for Stellmoor International, a company looking to take over Queen Consolidated. Previously on the show, her name was glimpsed on Robert Queen’s “list." Read a full description of Isabel Rochev's character from the comic book in the forum.

For those who haven't (yet) watched Arrow on The CW, here's the synopsys:
A re-imagining of the classic DC superhero the Green Arrow, Arrow follows the beginnings of Oliver Queen’s (aka the Green Arrow) career as the emerald-hooded vigilante armed with a bow protecting Starling City. Arrow cast Oliver as a broken character who returns to the “real” world after spending five years stuck on a deserted island and presumed dead. Changed physically and psychologically, Oliver is no longer the carefree playboy he once was, and between dealing with changes in his family and friends he must deal with the mental scars of his stay on the island, as well as enact revenge on all those who wronged his father.
The filming of the second season has already began in Vancouver, Canada. According to THR, Summer will first appear in the season two premiere on October 9, 2013 at 8PM PST/EST on The CW network.
UPDATE: Will Summer Glau be Oliver's new love interest?

Summer Glau joining Arrow is another reason to start watching this critically acclaimed show. If you're excited as much as we are, let us know in the comment section or in the dedicated thread in the forum.

Summer Glau joins Arrow

Source: TVline

UPDATE: here's the first look at Summer Glau's character in Arrow:

Message #1 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Jul 10, 19:45 GMT

With Continuum, Arrow is currently my favorite show. I'm very excited to see Summer in a recurring role in CW's hit show.

Message #2 | Fermi | 2013 Jul 10, 19:46 GMT

That is awesome news, I can't wait to watch the Arrow.

Message #3 | dylangillian | 2013 Jul 10, 19:47 GMT

i said it on the forum but i'll say it here too,
arrow will also be present at the san diego comic con next week

Message #4 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Jul 10, 20:23 GMT

Many Summer Glau fans, myself included, were hoping Summer would get involved with Marvel's Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. but her recurring role in Arrow (See News) will conflict with that now, because of the filming schedule of course but also of the different comics universe.

Message #5 | robbo | 2013 Jul 10, 20:33 GMT

brilliant news, for summer glau so pleased for her at last a breakthrough for summer, arrow is absolutely pure class, now its about to get even more classier, cant wait for season two of arrow, chuffed to bits for summer, biggrin

Message #6 | Fox012 | 2013 Jul 10, 20:38 GMT

hmm.. the synopsys sounds like a sequel to the cape... just this time it's a hooded man and  his Bow... wacko

Message #7 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Jul 10, 21:20 GMT

It's all about writing and execution. Arrow is a critically acclaimed and well-written show. And also the most watched CW show.

Message #8 | Cam | 2013 Jul 10, 22:35 GMT

Yay! Great news! I think I'm going to start watching Arrow now, biggrin

Message #9 | Choupy | 2013 Jul 11, 00:27 GMT

This is a great news, thank you for posting !

Message #10 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Jul 11, 00:47 GMT

It seems that Stephen Amell, who plays Oliver Queen/Arrow in the serie, teased Summer Glau's addition in a video he published earlier today in his Facebook page, by saying that a "big news is coming today". Watch Oliver Queen himself as he teases Arrow season two from his trailer in Vancouver, where the serie is filmed.

Message #11 | Cegorach | 2013 Jul 11, 05:04 GMT

Great! Which means having to watch season one, but that is doable.

Thanks for the information.

Message #12 | Cegorach | 2013 Jul 11, 05:42 GMT

BTW Doesn't it solve the mystery with Montreal Comic-con?
Logistical issues have to do something with the filming of the series (in Canada) and keeping her presence a secret untill officially announced.

Good she got her new passport so early. Canadian fans should see her next year.

Message #13 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Jul 11, 06:18 GMT

Yes, it's probably the reason why she could not attend Montreal Comic Con.

Super happy to see all the articles online and buzz about Summer's recurring role in Arrow biggrin

Message #14 | ogy86 | 2013 Jul 11, 15:18 GMT

This is great news for fans of Summer. Arrow sounds like a successful show and this role could be good for her career. I haven't seen this show before, but now it is a very good reason to start watching.

Summer can be a memorable villain biggrin

Message #15 | Metal | 2013 Jul 11, 22:53 GMT

Yay I was thinking to check Arrow anyway, but with Falling Skies 3rd season i ve been a little busy n stuff :P
I am so happy they landed Summer on a recurring role again and now the only thing I can hope is an end in which the villain wins in this show. *grins evilly* xD

It will be a thrill to see her as a villain really can't wait to rush those emotions through me. ^^
Of all the roles this is Summer's first actual role as a true sinister.

I just hope they won't poop this series like they did with Alphas n leave us with a cliff hanger that can literally have the same effect that the device had on all the non-alphas in the subway station.
Srsly they have to either stop canceling shows like that or stop making them at all. -_-

I am happy is that we will be able to see more of Summer and hopefully we will be able to see her in more roles and why not something at least half as good as TSCC or why not renewed at the f#@$@%^ last.

Message #16 | Cegorach | 2013 Jul 12, 03:54 GMT

I am happy for you, but more I am happy for us.
After watching two episodes last night I'll risk saying that the series has this 'something' and is worth following. And I don't really like superhero genre so much (nothing beats Burton's or Nolan's Batman).

Message #17 | Cegorach | 2013 Jul 12, 04:05 GMT

I share your concern Metal.
Her character in TSCC was so far superior to anything else, in several instances and episodes absolutely breathtaking.

True villian, IF well written, can be very rewarding to the performer and the audience and for sure we don't need to worry about acting - it will be bloody good.

Message #18 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Jul 12, 05:55 GMT

Zero chance for that to happen!
Firstly, Arrow is on The CW, who give a show it's chance (unlike other big broadcast network); secondly, Arrow is less serialized than TSCC for example.

Message #19 | Metal | 2013 Jul 12, 19:29 GMT

CW did canceled The Secret Circle tho they renewed Beauty & the beast (which I was also thinking of checking out, maybe I'll end up watching both if B&TB turns to be not that bad as well)  so its up to 50/50 atleast so it's not too bad. However, maybe I have trust issues, but I'll just keep my fingers crossed just in case. :P

In either way hooray for the Summer once again, tbh I think that if I have to choose between SHIELD and this I'll deffo pick Arrow if even for the sole fact that Summer will star in it and that Arrow has it seems to have potentially more diverse characters. Not bashing on SHIELD or anything, I am sure it will be amazing(and why not hope to see Summer in there as a guest aswell), but still even as I find it exciting (espec. with Chun-Li from the SF movie starring in) I don't seem to have half the excitement compared to Arrow after I red this news. :P

Message #20 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Jul 12, 22:41 GMT

Arrow is The CW's most watched tv show (not by far though); it WILL get 4 seasons (even if it has so-so ratings next year) and the channel might decide to add more seasons if necessary.

TBH honest, I would have chosen SHIELD over Arrow. Past tv shows have proven that guest spot on hit shows on broadcast network (such as in TBBT or GA) have more impact on Summer's visibility than lead roles in smaller tv shows. Because of the number of viewers and because these hit shows are rebroadcast often.

Message #21 | robbs-servant | 2013 Jul 12, 23:56 GMT

Summer back on TV is just fantastic, I'll be addict to this show now lol

Message #22 | Cegorach | 2013 Jul 13, 04:34 GMT

If Mrs. Glau playes the main villian in season two it might mean we will see her removed/killed by the Green Arrow.
As a reaccuring bad guy she still should appear in every fourth-third episode which means more screen time than in Alphas or Dollhouse.
I wonder in which months it will be filmed because with, let's say 23 episodes filmed one per week, it should take a while and the producers/writers/the entire bunch might be able to observe the impact of her character on the show's ratings/popularity.
Maybe, just maybe her character survives the season finale, but I am sceptical about it.

When it comes to the SHIELD (with dots) she could appear as a guest star or in season two, who knows.

Message #23 | Metal | 2013 Jul 13, 19:44 GMT

Well thats a fact, TBBT has a huge viewer base, as it really played a bigger impact on Summer's career in terms of popularity n commercial, than say reoccurring guest roles like in Alphas n sidekicking like the Cape, but while in TBBT you get your dose of slightly pushed up humor exploiting geek parody, at the end you are left with nothing more, while on the other hand those other roles are really what makes you follow Summer in whatever she is involved.

I am sure that Summer wouldn't doubt for a minute to join SHIELD (too lazy to type with dots :P) has she had the chance, but I guess they hasn't called her(loss for them really) so far. And as SHIELD has all the potential to be way more (and probably will) popular, having a marvel franchise show directed by Joss Whedon is a competition n a promise which is hard to pass with a light hand. However we've seen greater n even more commercial projects n shows to fail so you never know how the cards will play. SHIELD will probably have a great success, and it's not excluded that they cast Summer later (especially if her Arrow role plays out well). Even if she never gets a role on SHIELD, if it works well it can really pay off in opening some opportunities for more roles, which will be great.

There's always the possibility of a new show coming out of nowhere, completely wiping every current hit on the small screen, so you never know.

Message #24 | Metal | 2013 Jul 13, 19:48 GMT

I dunno, I'd actually love to see her play something really dark aswell, but I have a soft spot for that and I'll probably end up loving her character in the end anyways so.... I don't know really.

And btw it's Miss Glau not Mrs. wink

Message #25 | dylangillian | 2013 Jul 15, 19:08 GMT

let's just hope her character won't be killed.

Message #26 | MattM | 2013 Jul 11, 02:16 GMT

This should be interesting to see Summer play as a main villan. It's good to see that she's expanding her exposure to other types of characters rather than sticking to the ones that she is known for.