The Fanart Thread

Summer Glau at Long Beach Comic Con 2016

Summer Glau at Comic Con Russia 2015

Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows
By angelaketty

RedsBaron on: Convention stories: Dragon Con 2016

KevinInEngland on: Summer Glau signing autographs at the NBC Upfronts in NYC

chrisdvanne on: Summer Glau signing autographs at the NBC Upfronts in NYC

KevinInEngland on: Summer Glau signing autographs at the NBC Upfronts in NYC

chrisdvanne on: Summer Glau signing autographs at the NBC Upfronts in NYC

KevinInEngland on: Summer Glau signing autographs at the NBC Upfronts in NYC

Help for the Holidays - On Set Photo (Spoilers)

Added by chrisdvanne on Aug 29, 2012 | 10 COMMENTS

Summer Glau is currently filming a Christmas movie for the US channel Hallmark in which she plays an elf. The film's title is 'Help for the Holidays' and it co-stars Eva LaRue (CSI Miami).

Makeup artist Michael Spezzano posted a photo that shows Summer Glau's pointy ears which as we know any good elf should have. We don't know what magical elf powers she will have.

On set

[View Gallery Album]

More infos/gossip on the filming, including a glimpse of Summer's elf costume :

Warning: even though we have on set pictures, it does not necessarily mean that the costume or makeup you see here will be what you will see on screen. The director could always choose another option.

Thanks to @thelexy for the heads up

Alex and I teamed up to write this news.

Message #1 | Cam | 2012 Aug 29, 07:52 GMT

Hope it's as good as Thomas Kinkade Home for Christmas. biggrin

Message #2 | Teddy | 2012 Aug 29, 09:35 GMT

Summer as elf....lol...this is something i didn't expect but i like it.

Message #3 | KevinInEngland | 2012 Aug 29, 13:50 GMT

Having posted this picture of her, told us that she wears green tights, which I guess is obvious, makes cakes for the football team, has a scroogy mother, have I missed anything, I think I have.
The surprise goes out of films when all these people release this much information. Was Michael Spezzano authorised to release this picture?
Scotty Spicks seems to say too much IMO.

Message #4 | Hicks | 2012 Aug 30, 03:12 GMT

Cute.

Message #5 | chrisdvanne | 2012 Aug 29, 15:15 GMT

You'll notice that the photos don't show footage from the movie itself, which may have been a violation of the contract these people working on the movie must have signed.
It was the same for the pilot "Scent of the Missing" that Summer filmed last December for TNT; we've have had plenty of out-of-character photos. The author of the book the pilot was based on, who happens to be a consultant on the pilot, even granted us an interview inwhich she revealed only what she was authorized to. As a blogger at The Summer Glau Wiki, i'm glad to have these tidbits of informations and to be able to share them with the fans.

I wonder what you have to say about movie trailer that basically show you the whole movie; nothing of the sort here imo.

Message #6 | KevinInEngland | 2012 Aug 30, 16:40 GMT

On the OFFICIAL Summer Glau appreciation page, somebody has pointed out that her ear is lacking detail. After further study myself, I realise that he/she is right.
Michael Spezzano has am impressive imdb and yet Summer does not have the channels and lines that you would expect from an ear, even if it was pointed. More blobby than fantastic art from somebody who was probably paid a fortune to do her ears and have the privilege to do so, which many would envy.

What do other people think? Should her ears have the detail of a cat or a human, taking in to consideration that the ears are flesh coloured and detailed

Message #7 | Alex | 2012 Aug 30, 17:04 GMT

I suppose the detail of the ears (assuming there are two - seems safe to me) is important but I can forgive them this lapse as long as there is swordplay. Summer as an elf has a scene in which she slashes about with an elven sword to take out hordes of unruly children driving their parents crazy with their demands. That would make this film an instant hit (with parents). On the other hand, it might not make the network too happy, nor the sponsors who are notorious for not having much of a sense of humour.

On second thought, I think we need to resurrect the idea of the ogre. For his shield, he could have hundreds of credit cards glued together and Summer cleaves it in half and chops him to bits. Yeah! Good clean family fun that reminds me of my own childhood - ahh the memories...I love the smell of a dead ogre in the morning.

Message #8 | KevinInEngland | 2012 Aug 30, 19:48 GMT

Well, I wasn't thinking along these lines at all. I think the next time Elfy meets kids they should be a bit younger. I have a feeling Scotty Spicks Jr is of the age that he will be going to bed each night with one of the seasons on his mind. If he is not, then he ain't like me, as he appears to be about 13.

Kindergarten Cop had a captivating audience in the classroom and sitting in armchairs at home. It's funny but he played a terminator too but you all knew that!! I guess Skynet were good at building infiltrator cyborgs and gynoids.

I know, I know, back to the same subject, many of us who discovered Summer was when she featured in TSCC.

I am betting that Summer will catch a lot of hearts in this film despite what everybody is saying. I will put £100 on a good revue..... who wants to say otherwise?

Message #9 | chrisdvanne | 2012 Aug 31, 05:13 GMT

At Kevin and Alex : have you considered the possibility that the makeup process is not over and that the prosthetic can be improved? Or that this version of the ear is not the one that will ultimately be used in the movie?

I have collected pictures of other elven ears from the same makeup artist in the forum.

Also i find this discussion on the ears a bit sureal wacko

Message #10 | Alex | 2012 Aug 31, 23:26 GMT

Yes, it is getting to be a bit too much, my wanting ogres, magical powers, swordplay, and the like. I am sure that Summer will go a great job as always and that Kevin's desire that she get a great review will be realized. We all want her to do well.