the Happy Birthday thread

Sending fanmail

Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows

Submit a News or Article

Summer Glau at Comic Con Russia 2015

The official funny thread

Do you think we will get a TSCC continuation?

Cammy on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

robbo on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

Fermi on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

KevinInEngland on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

enrico c039 on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

chrisdvanne on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

Admirator on: First images of Summer from Rose City Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Dragon Con Firefly panel - HQ photos

chrisdvanne on: Convention stories: Dragon Con 2016

chrisdvanne on: First images of Summer from Rose City Comic Con

Hawaii Five-0 Kekoa - Caps

Added by chrisdvanne on Feb 12, 2013 | 17 COMMENTS

Tonight's episode of Hawaii Five-0 was a treat. Summer Glau pulled a remarkable, intense and emotional performance as Maggie Hoapili. She got a chance to prove that Maggie was a kick ass girl, even injured.
H50 stunt coordinator Jeff Cardiente and his stunt team did a really good job choregraphing the fight scenes. Summer had some great scenes with the Five-0 team, especially with Chin Ho Kelly (played by Daniel Dae Kim), Kamekona and the other MMA fighters.
Here are HD caps for Hawaii Five-0 3.16 Kekoa.

Summer Glau as Maggie Hoapili in Hawaii Five-0 3.16 KekoaSummer Glau as Maggie Hoapili in Hawaii Five-0 3.16 KekoaSummer Glau as Maggie Hoapili in Hawaii Five-0 3.16 Kekoa

- TV Shows (incl. Web series) > Hawaii Five-0 (2013) > 3.16 Kekoa

What did you think of the episode? Tell us in the comment section below and/or in the dedicated thread in the forum.
Thanks to Fox012 and Kali from Summer Glau Daily for their spontaneous help with the screencaps.

Message #1 | tedi_n | 2013 Feb 12, 10:48 GMT

the episode was amazing  biggrin i liked the fight scene and the dialogue  smile Summer was amazing  wink

Message #2 | robbo | 2013 Feb 12, 11:05 GMT

wonderfull episode mostly waiting for the fight scenes, just to see summer fight again not seen her have a scrap for a while, she was absolutely amazing well done summer great just to see her back on our screens, cool

Message #3 | Charley_Dixon | 2013 Feb 12, 12:39 GMT

Great performance by Summer. I only wish we could see more.

Speaking about MMA fighters: I believe that was Keith Jardine. I'm not a female MMA fan, so I could not identify who portrayed Summer's opponent but I think we'll figure that out soon.

Message #4 | 44sunsets | 2013 Feb 12, 13:10 GMT

Summer didn't disappoint, great episode! And all that fighting looked extremely punishing! Kamekona sure has a lotta cousins biggrin

Message #5 | TerminatorEmily | 2013 Feb 12, 13:10 GMT

I loved this episode it was awesome! I was mostly waiting for the Fight scenes but then Yeah, and the part when Sumer got tazed I was like "OMG are they gonna kill her?!" And then I remember the fight scenes.
She did an amazing job in it! She should be a regular guest, like Maggie is out for revenge or something.
But it was great to see her in action again.
Ahhh those moments when she was fighting in TSCC and the barfight in Serenity... good times.... good times.... smile

Message #6 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Feb 12, 13:57 GMT

Yes, it's Keith Jardine (as mentioned in the press release) but i'm not sure about Summer's female opponent.

Message #7 | KevinInEngland | 2013 Feb 12, 13:58 GMT

Well if that is your pleasure, so be it but to be honest I thought the whole thing was a load of shit.
What can anyone get out of something like that?
Summer is talented. If you want to see that crap, get any ol' actress or hard nut to do it.

Definitely not for me. Hawaii Five-0 can still stay well out of my viewing schedule.

If she goes along that channel, then I'm finished with Summer Glau.

Message #8 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Feb 12, 14:37 GMT

Summer was very convincing in the emotional scenes; when she lowered her head, or on the opposite when she cried from rage and was determined to protect her father's secret or to stand up on her kidnappers.

Of course fans will only remember the fight scenes (i participate to this process by highlighting it in my tweets or this News); the same happened with Firefly/Serenity and TSCC btw.
But while the perception of fans is biaised, Summer herself and the people from CBS/Hawaii Five-0 know what a great performance she pulled tonight. This is what matters and i would be very glad if CBS called her for another guest appearance on another of their hit shows or for a pilot.
Summer is trying to expand her repertoire, to play new roles, and to reach out to new audiences; she definitively scored points with this guest spot.

Side note: i appreciate that you have a different point of view Kevin, as long as your comments are respectful of course.

Message #9 | Charley_Dixon | 2013 Feb 12, 15:58 GMT

@Kevin: while I agree with your point that Hawaii Five-0 is not the best show I saw in my life (let me put it his way) I do not think it was a bad idea for Summer to be a guest star in this show. Maggie is definitely a "Summer Glau-type" character and Summer did her job very well. Should I mention the ratings, the new audience, the importance of taking new roles for actor's career, and all that kind of things? So if she goes along that channel why don't just wish her good luck smile

@Chris: let me disagree. I enjoyed every scene she was in, not the fight scenes only. Actually I think the fight scenes were weak. Of course not because of Summer's acting but mainly because of the way the fights went on. While everything can happen in a real fight the ones in this episode looked way too staged to me. I will mostly remember this episode for "Allison from Palmdale"-like scenes.

Message #10 | Charley_Dixon | 2013 Feb 12, 16:13 GMT

Thanks, I missed that part from the press release. I only realized who that might be while watching the episode.

Message #11 | slkpg | 2013 Feb 12, 16:40 GMT

Have to agree with Kevin on the quality of H50 in general. About 5 minutes up thru the bathing suit scene was all I could manage. Popped in a DVD of Buffy season 2 finale, and watched a gem (for the first time.) Need to make a distinction between fantasy fighting of demons, and Jean Claude style brutality. Like most actors, Summer has to take the roles she can get. I support and wish her well.

Message #12 | robbo | 2013 Feb 13, 02:22 GMT

any news of a increase in ratings for h50 with summer glau as a guest star, she did a great job to put into perspective ok the fight scenes could have been a lot better, but it was one hell of a fight for summer to deal with, she did us proud overall very pleased for summer now that she is branching out and trying new roles, smile

Message #13 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Feb 13, 12:03 GMT

I answered in the forum.

Message #14 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Feb 13, 19:29 GMT

Given the warm applause Summer Glau received for her performance on Hawaii Five-0 3.16 and the way her character was written (think Alphas season one), I'd say she has a good chance to come back in Hawaii :-)

Message #15 | IanT | 2013 Feb 14, 12:11 GMT

As I expected, this was another great performance from Summer. You couldn't help but feel empathy for her character as she went through grief, shock, rage, horror and all other kinds of emotions. And it was great to see Summer in action again - I thought the fight scene was excellent, brutal and nasty as it should have been in the circumstances. So 100/10 for Summer...
But the show itself? Basically a dreary CSI clone, with two terrible male leads, the usual flashy graphics, unrealistic police procedures... and a sub-plot about the hero's mum! I certainly wouldn't watch it again unless Summer re-appeared.
Still, maybe Summer's appearance and her strong performance will finally get through to some TV and movie producers, and this will lead to her getting a good role in a good new series or movie. She definitely deserves it. When you think of how many really awful actresses there are in full-time work, casting people should be lining up for Summer.
In the meantime, I'll watch anything Summer appears in. No matter how bad it is, she always shines.
(Also... someone commented about the fight in H50 being unrealistic because Summer's opponent  was bigger and stronger. I'd disagree with that - size and strength don't always mean everything. Think Bruce Lee... Or Yoda!)

Message #16 | Metal | 2013 Feb 16, 04:09 GMT

Well this is amazing but i guess you all know what we hope for - TSCC sequel. wink

Message #17 | Metal | 2013 Feb 16, 05:42 GMT

Btw did I mentioned that this is an amazing and awesome episode of H:5-0? tongue