the Happy Birthday thread

Sending fanmail

Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows

Submit a News or Article

Summer Glau at Comic Con Russia 2015

The official funny thread

Do you think we will get a TSCC continuation?

Cammy on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

robbo on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

Fermi on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

KevinInEngland on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

enrico c039 on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

chrisdvanne on: Summer looks mysterious yet sweet in new photoshoot by Marius Luppino

Admirator on: First images of Summer from Rose City Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Dragon Con Firefly panel - HQ photos

chrisdvanne on: Convention stories: Dragon Con 2016

chrisdvanne on: First images of Summer from Rose City Comic Con

Chicago Comic Con: Schedule Is Out!

Added by chrisdvanne on Jul 29, 2013 | 19 COMMENTS

Wizard World Comic Con has released the official schedule for their upcoming Chicago event with all panel dates. As expected, there will be a Firefly panel with Summer Glau, fresh off the announce of her recurring role in Arrow season two, Morena Baccarin and Alan Tudyk.
The Firefly panel will be held in ROOM 24, from 5:00 – 5:45pm on Saturday, August 10th.
Summer Glau and her fellow Firefly co-stars Alan Tudyk and Morena Baccarin will be joining Chicago Comic Con.
Firefly alums Summer Glau, Morena
Baccarin and Alan Tudyk will be joining
Chicago Comic Con.
From the official Wizard World Chicago schedule:
Even series cancelation can’t keep a great sci-fi-western story down. Join Morena Baccarin, Summer Glau, and Alan Tudyk from the fan beloved series in this special Q&A. After celebrating the show’ 10th Anniversary, find out what the stars have in store for the next ten. (ROOM 24)
Check out what’s happening at Chicago Comic Con, besides the Firefly panel, by consulting the complete schedule and find your way to your favorite panels using the map of Donald E. Stephen Convention Center.
It's only ten days before the Chicago Comic Con begins but if you haven’t bought a ticket yet, you can still get VIP tickets for Summer Glau and the Firefly gang at the official website, as well as photos with all of them at this link (including a Firefly group photo with Summer Glau, Alan Tudyk and Morena Baccarin for $125).

A usual, we will post the latest news, updates on the forum thread, dedicated to the convention, check it regularly. And of course, Chicago Comic Con attendees are welcome to share with us their anecdotes and photos from the convention.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con: Special Guests

Message #1 | dylangillian | 2013 Jul 29, 11:27 GMT

great, i just realized i'm going on vacation to france for 2 weeks at august 8th dry , i'll have alot to catch up on when i get back.

Message #2 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Jul 29, 11:35 GMT

I'm not 100% sure but I think France is connected to the Internet tongue

Side note: I'm amazed by the number of Dutch who visits France, and not only during Summer.

Message #3 | dylangillian | 2013 Jul 29, 12:22 GMT

we're going to a house where there isn't internet   sad  (not in a city)

alot of dutch go to france cause it's pretty nearby and ok weather.

Message #4 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Jul 29, 13:09 GMT

And all the Dutch I've met were nice and friendly smile

Message #5 | dylangillian | 2013 Jul 29, 14:23 GMT

guess i'm nice and friendly  wink
 even though many dutch people go to france almost none of them speaks french.

Message #6 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Jul 29, 14:48 GMT

I guess people are nice and friendly because I have that effect on them tongue

And allow me to disagree with you about Dutch people not speaking French. While most of them can speak English or German, those I've met had basic notions in French.

Message #7 | dylangillian | 2013 Jul 29, 14:50 GMT

yea ok some people speak a bit french, but most people i know don't

Message #8 | Metal | 2013 Jul 31, 13:32 GMT

I was watching Emily VanCamp on Craig Furgison and they talked about when she visited France, so I wonder is it really true that french ppl are really edgy when canadians speak french? :P
Here's a video link to hijack this post even more into spam. xD

Message #9 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Jul 31, 18:08 GMT

Allow me not to answer that or I will loose half of the Canadians members of the Summer Glau Wiki tongue

Message #10 | Metal | 2013 Aug 01, 01:32 GMT

I guess you already did. biggrin
I don't know how, but those two are really making burst into laughing every time I recall about this talk (and the whole interview actually). xD
Too bad we don't have a person from the UK in this chat as well, the part about the giant leaves is priceless. ^^

Btw I am not sure if anyone here knows that Emily also started with ballet, and it was her life goal as well, until she found acting, which she ended loving more than dancing. Until today I actually didn't know she also had some martial arts experience too, because othe show required it. It's fun how there are definitive similarities between her and Summer. The first time I saw her was when I was dugging out who this actress was in this gif. tongue

When I read she was a ballet dancer I instantly thought of Summer, but I wasn't like "omg they similar", more like "they have a thing in common" (I actually still feel more like that) but anyways another thing they have in common too is the beyond obvious fact that they are both pretty beautiful & charming. biggrin

I wonder if they end up on 1 show, even just for an episode what would be the outcome & chemistry between them. I am sure it can be a lot of fun. I actually would be more excited to see Summer guest on revenge rather than Emily on Arrow(tho I deffo would not mind :p), because Summer can really add really interesting drama character, tho she hasn't been given the proper opportunity as in such shows like revenge or brothers & sisters (tho my thing really isn't the foamy soap operas biggrin I've read that the 2nd one has been credited as Summer's favorite here & there) I think she really can make things interesting when it comes to deep characters, ploting * stuff. Especially if she has a good company in which to do it :P, just hasn't been given the proper chance as I've said.

Probably we will see some of that in Arrow tho, it will be beneficial for everyone.

Message #11 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Aug 01, 09:42 GMT

Summer had already been given the opportunity to play in a drama, it was on 'Scent of the Missing'. The pilot was not picked up by TNT ultimately but one can hope she'll have another chance to show her drama shops.

Message #12 | REG | 2013 Aug 02, 09:49 GMT

i hope someone films the Firefly panel and puts it on youtube biggrin

btw under the sidebar pic you have written:

Firefly alumis Summer Glau, Morena
Baccarin and Alan Tudyk will be joining
Chicago Comic Con.

maybe it should be:

Firefly alumns Summer Glau, Morena
Baccarin and Alan Tudyk will be joining
Chicago Comic Con.

i think a slight spelling error perhaps?

Message #13 | dylangillian | 2013 Aug 02, 10:50 GMT

the panels get uploaded almost everytime, and i always search for them. if i find a video of the panel i give the link on this wiki.

Message #14 | Metal | 2013 Aug 02, 11:22 GMT

Aye, but wit hit never released it kinda doesn't count, does it. :P
What I meant by "drama" is more like what she did in Grey's Anatomy, but that wasn't exactly perfect either. If she's put into something like Revenge she will truly shine.

Message #15 | chrisdvanne | 2013 Aug 02, 12:44 GMT

Thanks for the headsup, Richard smile

Message #16 | REG | 2013 Aug 03, 08:43 GMT

thank you. that will be greatly appreciated!

Message #17 | REG | 2013 Aug 03, 08:43 GMT

you're welcome smile

Message #18 | KevinInEngland | 2013 Aug 10, 09:35 GMT

The release of Homeland season 3 was disclosed by Morena on twitter yesterday.  I told her how pleased I was.
The release of Arrow comes out in October - I hope the fans talk to Summer about this more than they do Firefly.
Suburgatory is showing over here in the UK with Alan Tudyk - I will give the series 5 out of 10.

Message #19 | REG | 2013 Aug 10, 16:49 GMT

considering how popular Firefly is fans will always talk about it the most. it's what she is known for after all. but fans like myself and many thousands more are also interested in her other shows smile