menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » FHM’s 100 Sexiest Women in the world (Vote for Summer Glau in FHM beauty contest)
FHM’s 100 Sexiest Women in the world
Devo Post # 61 | Thursday, 05 May 2011 - 03:49
Group: Friends
Quote (Fermi)
Summer is always #1 on our list

I will never buy an FHM magazine again.

This is despicable.

I was a scosh away from buying a subscription too.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 62 | Thursday, 05 May 2011 - 15:24
Group: Administrators
i still don't get why Summer Glau was promoted as the front-runner of the poll in FHM's May issue, with chances to finish in the top ten "if the volumes of voting continue"; it is not to sell more FHM magazines imo because Summer is not that popular (admit it) and she has not the assets (especially on the upper body) to make more people buy the magazine.
Forget about the "Summer and her fans were exploited to sell more magazines" argument : this is silly.

The truth is that she was really the leader of the contest when the article was published, hence the double-page on FHM May issue. Then for some reason known only by FHM (I and Devo gave your opinion on that earlier), FHM decided to promote other women by skewing the results.

I said "skewing the results" because it is not statiscally plausible that Summer was the front-runner at mid term and then ends on 37th position. Always have in mind the "if the volumes of voting continue" argument : for Summer to drop down the way she did, it would mean that only 10% of the votes were registered at the time or that the votes for her stopped abruptely, or that the votes for 36 other women suddenly exploded, which is very unllikely.
More, all the above hypothesis are contradicted by the simple observation of the "Girls recently voted on" widget that Devo and i watched over on a multiple times a day basis.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 05 May 2011, 15:25

chrisdvanne_ Post # 63 | Thursday, 05 May 2011 - 15:36
That said, i don't care about the contest itself; in my mind, a good final ranking would just have been a way to put Summer Glau and her work under the limelights; regarding that matter, Summer got a double-page on FHM's May issue (the article even mentioned Knights of Badassdom) wich is more than any of the other contestant.

The second objectif for me was to "feed" the site and the forum, which Fermi and i did largely for the past few weeks. The outcome is still positive, even if Summer did not get a proper ranking.

The Summer Glau Wiki will continue to promote Summer and her work, by doing a Summer Glau Wiki Calendar among other things.

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 05 May 2011, 15:37

Blazius Post # 64 | Thursday, 05 May 2011 - 15:56
I have a question: Are there more pictures of Summer in the actual issue of the magazine than the two pictures we have already seen or she is not featured in it at all ?

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 65 | Thursday, 05 May 2011 - 16:04
Quote (Blazius)
I have a question: Are there more pictures of Summer in the actual issue of the magazine than the two pictures we have already seen or she is not featured in it at all ?

The June issue of FHM magazine includes a 50-page booklet, dedicated to the contest, which comes free with it; if it's like previous years, it's likely that each of the 100 women listed will have a full page (two women on each recto verso page) with picture. We will have the scans soon, stay connected to the Wiki.

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 05 May 2011, 16:08

Blazius Post # 66 | Thursday, 05 May 2011 - 16:39
Quote (michelangelo)
We will have the scans soon, stay connected to the Wiki.

I'm glad that you will post the scans because I don't think I can buy these magazines in Hungary and I'm only interested in pictures about Summer anyway, so I'm only able to see the pictures if you post them, so thank you in advance.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 67 | Friday, 06 May 2011 - 10:46
In order to give you a more accurate information, i have glanced through five FHM 100 sexiest women 50-page booklets, coming from different countries (Germany, Russia, UK, Philipines) and year (2005, 2007, 2010).

FHM UK used to have a full page for each of the 100 women like this pict below (i choosed a no nude pict on purpose) :

But it seems that FHM changed the layout; only a few women have a full page (FHM's choice), while the other women are listed as pictured below. Of course the top ten women have a full page display :

At this stage, the only way to figure out if Summer has a full page display is to buy the magazine.

Attachments: 5584186.png(268.1 Kb) · 3704418.png(345.6 Kb)

chrisdvanne_ Post # 68 | Friday, 06 May 2011 - 15:51
Quote (Blazius)
I'm glad that you will post the scans because I don't think I can buy these magazines in Hungary and I'm only interested in pictures about Summer anyway, so I'm only able to see the pictures if you post them, so thank you in advance.

You're welcome!

Devo Post # 69 | Friday, 06 May 2011 - 17:47
Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (Blazius)I'm glad that you will post the scans because I don't think I can buy these magazines in Hungary and I'm only interested in pictures about Summer anyway, so I'm only able to see the pictures if you post them, so thank you in advance. You're welcome!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 70 | Saturday, 07 May 2011 - 00:24
An escalation of love from Devo, as usual biggrin
Me like!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 71 | Saturday, 07 May 2011 - 01:57
Overall, Summer got a preview pict, a double page on the May issue of FHM with a reference to Knight of Badassdom and then a full page with another reference to KoB; not that bad.

Blazius Post # 72 | Saturday, 07 May 2011 - 04:19
This picture is just awesome! Summer is incredibly hot on this picture and on top of that she barely looks more than 20 years old. Thank you again for sharing it so quickly that its not even on summerglau.net yet. Good job!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 73 | Saturday, 07 May 2011 - 06:58
Quote (Blazius)
This picture is just awesome! Summer is incredibly hot on this picture and on top of that she barely looks more than 20 years old. Thank you again for sharing it so quickly that its not even on summerglau.net yet. Good job!

Thanks for your support, Blazius!

Let me remind a few facts :

1) I bought FHM Magazine by myself and decided to upload a scan on this wiki. Watermark or not, the picture was available for everyone to see.

2) I choosed to use watermarks as explained on the comments section because i was afraid some dishonest people would take the pict without having the courtesy to refer to the wiki; but i explained from the start on the news itself (Fermi removed this line as soon as i gave him an unmarked version) and in the comment that the wiki would "soon" upload an unmarked HQ version.

3) About 10 hours after the first upload, the wiki uploaded a second version, without watermarks this time. At this time, as far as i know, we were the only one to have this scan online and again, the pict was available for everyone to see.

4) Minutes after that, a tweet that linked to a tumblr mentioned "New HQ scan of Summer Glau on FHM"; but there was no reference to the source of the scan on the tumblr. That alone justified my early fear (not to mention that this dishonest behaviour was from someone who is an admin on some board, making it more unforgivable).

To those who complains about the watermarks i freely added, why didn't you go to the nearest stand and bought the magazine yourself? Then you could have put it online and mock me for adding watermarks.
(not to mention i don't live in the UK and i don't have a scanner so that uploading the scan was not that easy; taking it from another site with a simple "Right-Click" would have been more easier).

I hope honest people will aknowledge tha fact that the wiki gave the opportunity for everyone to admire Summer shortly after the results were published.

Edit : a few minutes after finishing this post, another tweet linking to another tumblr "borrows" the wiki scan without refering to the wiki as the source ( i know this is my scan by looking at the way the scan is (badly) cropped on the bottom). How do you spell the word "Netiquette" angry

SG.net admins decided not to give their viewers the scan (and avoid having to link to us) and that's their choice but at least they have respected the netiquette.

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 07 May 2011, 07:25

Devo Post # 74 | Saturday, 07 May 2011 - 16:54
Thanks again michelangelo!

I understand fully why you tagged it. Maybe the WoA needs a 'Scanned by WoA' tag. One like SG.net uses. One that is less intrusive and gives people no reason to remove it.

SG.net used users money to buy a ton of UHQ's then they tagged them all up with their tags... and few complained.(hypocrisy)

You did nothing different other than spending your own money and going a bit overboard with the tags like Joan Allen.
he
Kaotic should be thanking you instead of crying like a bitch. In fact, with the way he lets the trolls run amok at his wiki I believe he owes Summer and her fans an apology, and needs to get his shit together.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 75 | Saturday, 07 May 2011 - 17:11
Thanks Devo!

You don't know the best of the story : the same Kaotic who complained about my method decided to tweet and link to his own Tumblr blog annoucing "New FHM HQ scan of Summer Glau" but DID NOT refer to the wiki after 'borrowing" the pict (the non watermarked one i gave Fermi after a few hours).
I noticed him at the blue wiki and he changed that.

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 07 May 2011, 17:33

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » FHM’s 100 Sexiest Women in the world (Vote for Summer Glau in FHM beauty contest)
Search: