menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Fermi Post # 346 | Sunday, 05 Jun 2011 - 14:09
Group: Administrators
Here is the Summer Glau Wiki Calendar video

You can't stop the signal!

Granite Post # 347 | Sunday, 05 Jun 2011 - 14:35
Group: Friends
Very good smile

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

Charley_Dixon Post # 348 | Monday, 06 Jun 2011 - 04:30
Quote (Fermi)
@Charley_Dixon Thank you, I'll fix that.

Looks like we have bad luck with that quote smile The word "war" is in the wrong place now: it should be "called the war", not "war called the".

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 349 | Thursday, 09 Jun 2011 - 14:00
For those who want to upload the whole graphics or to print the calendar, here is a link to a PDF file (often requested when printing) hosted by Megaupload :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W3SW4AMT

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Fermi Post # 350 | Friday, 10 Jun 2011 - 13:30
As Summer most likely will not come to London. We will print the calendar and send it to her fan mail instead.

We need to write a letter to send with the calendar. The first part of the letter should be a strong description of the project that will capture the reader's attention. In the second part of the letter we should tell Summer how much we love her work. That part should be witty and poetic.
I've not start working on it yet. I'm not good at writing, but will try my best. Help and suggestions will really be appreciated.

The dead line for sending this letter is 23 June, by then we will know for sure that Summer wont attend Starfury.

TheSavior Post # 351 | Friday, 10 Jun 2011 - 14:09
Nice. I wish i could help but im an Italian Writer, so write all in Italian and then translate, just suck!
Beside for me is to early to show off my face XD
Are you now just sure about the right fanmail where to send here the copy?

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

Fermi Post # 352 | Friday, 10 Jun 2011 - 16:25
Quote (TheSavior)

Are you now just sure about the right fanmail where to send here the copy?

not 100%, fanmail.biz has listed this adress:

Summer Glau
United Talent Agency
9560 Wilshire Blvd.
Suite 500
Beverly Hills, CA 90212-2401
USA

We are working on getting the address confirmed.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 353 | Friday, 10 Jun 2011 - 16:35
Quote (Fermi)
In the second part of the letter we should tell Summer how much we love her work. That part should be witty and poetic.

Devo said on the Starfury thread he is working on a letter and despite his many flaws he is the best writer on this forum; remember the calendar quote "Michelangelo.....".

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 10 Jun 2011, 16:54

chrisdvanne_ Post # 354 | Sunday, 12 Jun 2011 - 23:45
The printing shop where i ordered online an issue of the Calendar e-mailed me it is ready : i will pick it up tomorrow at their workshop in Paris.
This was the exemplary i should have given to Summer Glau in person if she was a guest at Startfury T3 sad

TheSavior Post # 355 | Sunday, 12 Jun 2011 - 23:56
Well keep up hope! This cam be the first Calendar, but not the last!
There will be other opportunities soon.

Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

chrisdvanne_ Post # 356 | Tuesday, 14 Jun 2011 - 16:40
I have it!

The Calendar is not only pictures on the monitor anymore, it is made out of solid paper and colors; i give the technical stuff (sorry for the translation) if someone wants to have a printed version :
Digital printing : laser color, 13 pages A4 format printed on matted coated paper 250 g from PDF file (see post#349)
Finishing : metal binding + notch and calendar hook

Back to the my copy : the quality is amazing; i had sometimes black horizontal lines with my (ink jet) personal printer tests but not in laser quality. The margins have not always been respected ( they cut the sides of the image on the left) but that's not a problem. We did not planed a free space on the top of the graphics so that the metallic binding and the notch in the middle are made on the top graphics : the top of Summer's head is pirced on some graphics but nothing serious, except for the september calendar where a chunk of the hat and summer head is missing. (see september calendar)

When we started this project, we were afraid the resolution of the pictures could be a problem but this is not the case; the quality is perfect (this is A4 format meaning the printed resolution is 144ppi) but tets i made show that A3 prints would have been as good, not to mention with laser color prints.

As a conclusion : i would recommand professional prints if possible, i paid 22 euros ($32), but the quality worth it. You can also do the prints at home and have the binding done on a printing shop for very cheap. Try to match as much as possible the technical specifications i gave above.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 357 | Friday, 24 Jun 2011 - 17:39
Bump!

The calendar and its letter has been posted to Summer's Talent agency.
Mission accomplished.

This thread has almost 1 800 page views and 355 posts which makes it the second biggest thread i guess.
Mission accomplished!

i suggest we start a new thread for Summer Glau Wiki 2013 Calendar.
But don't forget this one has a lot of informations in it and could be used as a reference when a question arise.

Charley_Dixon Post # 358 | Sunday, 26 Jun 2011 - 22:00
Awesome! Thank you, michelangelo. ohyes

Now I'm looking forward for new missions smile

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 359 | Sunday, 26 Jun 2011 - 22:09
Quote (Charley_Dixon)

Now I'm looking forward for new missions smile

I have already new assignments i selected but these are not on the Wiki itself and the results should take some time; i think it worth it though.

TheSavior Post # 360 | Sunday, 26 Jun 2011 - 22:31
Michelangelo, when i will become a rich man, i will employ you to be the Eyes and Ears of Miss Glau.
You are silent like a ninja and an hard-worker like a dwarf...very impressive XD

Cameron

Me

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Search: