menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
chrisdvanne_ Post # 856 | Thursday, 11 Aug 2011 - 22:39
Group: Administrators
Quote (Joe73)
Yes you can clearly se the resemblance smile

Nice find Joe!
Though i think you can find pictures of pretty much all actresses where you can see a ressemblance with Mona Lisa smile

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Gargaros Post # 857 | Thursday, 11 Aug 2011 - 23:57
Group: Friends
Quote (Blazius)
BTW welcome to the Wiki, Gargaros! I hope you stay long here and have a good time. I promise you that you won't regret it!

I love Summer. So... I love this web site smile

Quote (Joe73)
Quote (michelangelo)There is a theory that Leonardo Da Vinci invented a Time Machine and stumbled upon Summer Glau when traveling to the future; back to Italy, he painted Mona Lisa as a model but thinking to Summer. Yes you can clearly se the resemblance

I thought the same thing sometime ago lol

Message edited by Gargaros - Friday, 12 Aug 2011, 00:03

Gargaros Post # 858 | Friday, 12 Aug 2011 - 00:00
Also Botticelli?

Message edited by Gargaros - Friday, 12 Aug 2011, 00:04

Blazius Post # 859 | Friday, 12 Aug 2011 - 03:19
Maybe we have found the big Summer Glau mistery!!!!

Maybe Summer is an immortal entity(possibly alien!) with inhuman beauty who lived among us for thousands of years. People always worshiped her because she was sooo inhumanly adorable and she remained recorded through history only in different names. Her current name "Summer Glau"(Glau~Glow!!!) is too perfectly describes her so she probably chose her current name intentionally.

Egyptians called her Hathor, Greeks called her Aphrodite, Romans called her Venus. In the Bible she is known as Mary Magdalene (Jesus is of the same species as her).In the Arthurian legends she is known as Guinevere( but she was also the Lady of the Lake just in her different form).

Later she resurfaced to be the model of Mona Lisa and The Birth of Venus because... she was bored you know or tried to send a message to someone. But what is her purpose here? Is she monitoring us? Or she is just taking a break and having some fun among us mortals? Nobody knows. Yet! ninja

I know, I love conspiracy theories..... crazy

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Friday, 12 Aug 2011, 04:04

chrisdvanne_ Post # 860 | Friday, 12 Aug 2011 - 10:36
Sorry Joe73, i think Gargaros beat you with these awesome pictures. It looks like the photograph aksed her to pose like Mona Lisa, or maybe it's the contrary, Mona Lisa posed as Summer Glau, who knows.

Also to reinforce your theory Blazius, guess what is the first name of Summer's character in Knights of Badassdom? Gwen, aka diminutive for Guinevere.
The signification of this first name is pure, sacred. This fits perfectly your theory and explains the admiration we have for her, i mean it seriously!

ogy86 Post # 861 | Friday, 12 Aug 2011 - 18:30
Hi, I'm new here biggrin I just want to say that Summer Glau is my most favorite actress. I first saw her in TSCC, and I immediately felt that radiates something special out of her. She is beautiful - of course, but also kind, sweet and makes clear that she loves her fans. She's a really unique person and great actress:-)

This is Cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNu7pi9glR4
Save TSCC!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Pty7PD … r_embedded
Summer Glau a WuShu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BMqNYOyFU

chrisdvanne_ Post # 862 | Friday, 12 Aug 2011 - 18:50
Hi ogy86, wellcome to the wiki!

Do i know you from somewhere else, your username sounds familiar? lol

Seriously, glad you made the (little) effort to register and start participating. And to illustrate your comment about Summer, here is a short video showing her at the 10th Annual InStyle Summer Soiree held at The London Hotel on August 10, 2011 in West Hollywood, California.

Fermi Post # 863 | Friday, 12 Aug 2011 - 19:57
Quote (ogy86)
Hi, I'm new here biggrin I just want to say that Summer Glau is my most favorite actress. I first saw her in TSCC, and I immediately felt that radiates something special out of her. She is beautiful - of course, but also kind, sweet and makes clear that she loves her fans. She's a really unique person and great actress:-)

Summer Glau Rules!!!!

Welcome to the wiki of awesomeness ogy86.

You can't stop the signal!

ogy86 Post # 864 | Friday, 12 Aug 2011 - 20:01
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm glad that I can to meet other fans of this great actress :-)

This is Cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNu7pi9glR4
Save TSCC!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Pty7PD … r_embedded
Summer Glau a WuShu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BMqNYOyFU

Message edited by ogy86 - Friday, 12 Aug 2011, 20:02

chrisdvanne_ Post # 865 | Friday, 12 Aug 2011 - 20:22
There is plenty of threads on the forum, wainting for you ogy86.
Take your time to get used to the forum or to the news page and don't hesitate to post in an old thread if you like; i'm sure recent members would be glad to have your point of view and to give theirs.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 866 | Friday, 12 Aug 2011 - 20:30
I have an interrogation about the video i posted on message #83 : it seems that Summer went to the 10th Annual InStyle Summer Soiree held at The London Hotel along with half of Hollywood's actors but i don't find pictures of her on the net whereas there is plenty of Michelle lee or Diane Kruger on fashion sites.

Maybe they don't like Summer's dress or Summer doesn't wear designer clothes and so doesn't interest them.

Blazius Post # 867 | Friday, 12 Aug 2011 - 21:22
Quote (michelangelo)
Also to reinforce your theory Blazius, guess what is the first name of Summer's character in Knights of Badassdom? Gwen, aka diminutive for Guinevere.
The signification of this first name is pure, sacred. This fits perfectly your theory and explains the admiration we have for her, i mean it seriously!

Pure, innocent, perfect, beautiful. These characteristics were always associated with the divine. Also there is a strange pattern in literature that indentifies women with similar characteristics as the pieces of Heaven on Earth. These are very Summer-ish characteristics. The trick is that the Summer entity must had similar characteristics while at the time where the popular metaphore surfaced it was still known that she came from the "Heavens" aka from space. Therefore she was worshipped as a god at those early ages.

Its also interesting that she intentionally or not makes people inevitably worship her. Reasons of the worship are always unearthly beauty and adorable personality. The practice of the worship is also similar. Her figures encouraged art and productivity throught history. And look, you have already made several fanarts of her and especially look the Calender project.

Also I've found something more exact. The origin of Aphrodites name is a mystery. However a few scientist have interesting theories. Its from wikipedia:

"The etymology of Greek Ἀφροδίτη is unknown. Hesiod connects it by with ἀφρός (aphros) "foam," interpreting it as "risen from the foam".[5] This has been widely classified as a folk etymology, and numerous speculative etymologies, many of them non-Greek, have been suggested in scholarship. Yet Janda (2010) considers the connection with "foam" genuine, identifying the myth of Aphrodite rising out of the waters after Cronus defeats Uranus as a mytheme of Proto-Indo-European age. According to this interpretation, the name is from aphrós "foam" and déatai "[she] seems" or "shines" (infinitive form *déasthai[6]), meaning "she who shines from the foam [ocean]", a byname of the dawn goddess (Eos).[7] J.P. Mallory and D.Q. Adams (1997)[8] have also proposed an etymology based on the connection with the Indo-European dawn goddess, from *abhor- "very" and *dhei "to shine".

Shine means to emit light. Now its possible that Glau~Glow. Glow means to emit a steady even light without flames (source is http://www.thefreedictionary.com )

In both cases the entity chose a name which describes her to emit some kind of light . This may refer to her above mentioned association with the divine and pure, her illuminating smile or it can be taken literally and she indeed emits some kind of radiation which makes the people worship her. LOL! Its starting to be SCARY!

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Gargaros Post # 868 | Friday, 12 Aug 2011 - 21:37
Quote (michelangelo)
Also to reinforce your theory Blazius, guess what is the first name of Summer's character in Knights of Badassdom? Gwen, aka diminutive for Guinevere. The signification of this first name is pure, sacred. This fits perfectly your theory and explains the admiration we have for her, i mean it seriously!

O my Summer Goddes! It's true! shok

Quote (michelangelo)
Hi ogy86, wellcome to the wiki! Do i know you from somewhere else, your username sounds familiar? Seriously, glad you made the (little) effort to register and start participating. And to illustrate your comment about Summer, here is a short video showing her at the 10th Annual InStyle Summer Soiree held at The London Hotel on August 10, 2011 in West Hollywood, California.

Beautiful!

EDIT
I quote Blazius

Message edited by Gargaros - Friday, 12 Aug 2011, 21:37

chrisdvanne_ Post # 869 | Friday, 12 Aug 2011 - 21:46
Blazius, you definitively found an interesting angle to define the charm Summer Glau works on fans like you and me and more generally on those who see in her more than the pretty girl or the kick-ass girl.

There is a french expression for that : "elle est touché par la Grâce" which comes from the religion and that is tranlated by
"to be touched by God's grace". I mentioned yesterday people saying on twitter that Summer "looks, talks and acts" like a Disney princess". I think this is a non-religious way to express the same idea. People like Summer brings with them purety and goodness: this is blatant when you see her interacting with her fans for example. Even the way she reacts on the video above when she's in the car signing autographs shows that.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 870 | Friday, 12 Aug 2011 - 21:50
Quote (Gargaros)
Beautiful!

May i insist upon the fact that this short video is not paparzzi material; apparently, Summer went to the 10th Annual InStyle Summer Soiree held at The London Hotel on August 10, 2011 in West Hollywood, California. This is a public event , not Summer going to restaurant in private.

Half Hollywood was there and you have many other videos of celebrities on the channel it comes from.

Summer even took the time to sign autographs and smile with people.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
Search: