menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Summer Glau and Social Medias
Summer Glau and Social Medias
chrisdvanne_ Post # 91 | Monday, 02 Jul 2012 - 19:05
Group: Administrators
Quote (Alex)
I have seen your tweets to various people telling them that Summer does not use Twitter. I think that it is a very good thing to get that message out there in the Twitterverse.

As The1Russter and i noticed, one of the fake accounts has disappeared (the most active one); is is the result of our determination to expose them?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 92 | Sunday, 30 Sep 2012 - 00:41
It looks like Summer Glau and Azita Ghanizada (Rachel in Alphas) are partners in real life too; Azita tweeted this a few hours ago :

As for the possibility of Summer joining Twitter, i am very skeptical. On the other hand, Jewell Staite and more recently Laura Vandervoort posted similar messages : "where there's smoke there's fire".

Here's a photo on set of Alphas that Azita posted a few weeks ago :

On Set

chrisdvanne_ Post # 93 | Monday, 22 Oct 2012 - 15:13
Nothing plays on nerves like having to correct bloggers who mislead genuine fans into believing that this or that impersonator is Summer Glau, by mentioning it in one of their tweet.

While i can understand fans can be fooled, online bloggers are like journalists and a good one should not get mixed up between impersonators.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 94 | Wednesday, 09 Jan 2013 - 11:25
Just in case some fans were tempted to follow these impersonators :

chrisdvanne_ Post # 95 | Monday, 13 May 2013 - 20:18
On a related topic: Joss Whedon is now on Twitter

Hello and a happy welcome to @JossActual!

One can wonder if this was of his own volition or if his agent pressured him, all the more that it happens at the same time the first trailer for his new tv serie Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D surfaced online. I suspect that Disney/Marvel and ABC's executive threw all their weight behind the creation of this Twitter account.

Seen on the net biggrin

"You must have a twitter account. You're a nobody without one."
"Yeah, but I don't twitter, and I'm somebody.
"Trust me, you're a nobody."
"Fuck you, I made Firefly and shit. I'm worshiped by millions of nerds all over the planet. Also, motherfuckin' Avengers. Ever heard of that gem?"
"Oh yeah, you mean the Robert Downey Jr. movie? I loved that!"
"Okay fine, I'll get a twitter account going."

About that account's name @JossActual: Anyone remember the Battlestar Galactica special ("The Phenomenon") where they interviewed writers/actors who love the show and Joss said he always wants to pick up a phone and answer with "Joss Actual" wink

Here's the clip, Joss Actual at 0:45 of the video:

Cegorach Post # 96 | Tuesday, 14 May 2013 - 21:27
Group: Friends
Very useful thread.

And I thought I went too far with writing my fan letter to Mrs. Glau (to claim the signed picture) in the most careful and respectfull way possible. Now seems about right.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 97 | Tuesday, 14 May 2013 - 21:55
Hi Cegorah,

I'm glad you found your way to the Summer Glau Wiki, welcome here smile

Feel free to explore the many features of the site such as the News section, the Blog or the Photo Gallery and don't hesitate to comment when you feel the need to. Also I'm here to help and you can PM me if you have questions about the site.

Getting an answer to a fanmail can take some time but I hope you'll get a signed picture with a nice message from Summer Glau.

Cegorach Post # 98 | Wednesday, 15 May 2013 - 06:55
Thank you!

I am a recent fan and registered to find news about shows/projects of Mrs. Glau so that section will be very useful.
I am not really into photos and generally rather reluctant about the entire fandome idea (also due to bad experiences with fans of my work long ago). It really was a shock to discover I am a fan.

Fully realise that getting an answer will take a lot of time - after all anything sent back would have to be written in spare time and considering how much effort Mrs. Glau makes to get inside a character she plays I realise how precious the time to recover from such an exhausting effort is.
It seems almost like an intrusion, but hopefully positive impressions from reading that letter outweight the loss of time spent reading it. At least that was the idea.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 99 | Tuesday, 21 May 2013 - 21:46
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Joss Whedon is now on Twitter

Joss Whedon's Twitter account renamed to... @josswhedon. His former name @jossactual is no longer in use.
Wonder if his being a verified account has something to do with the name change.

His new avatar shows him in Paris (see the Eiffel Tower in the background), probably when he was shooting scenes for ABC's 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'

Joss Whedon twitter avatar

chrisdvanne_ Post # 100 | Friday, 22 Nov 2013 - 07:35
Summer Glau is considering joining Twitter, according to her friend Joan Allen.

Read more at: Official Twitter Launch Soon?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 101 | Friday, 22 Nov 2013 - 17:44
I changed my mind on the opportunity to upload candid photos of Summer Glau in the Gallery.

Until now, I simply uploaded candid pictures in the "Official Summer Glau Appreciation Thread" so that everyone can see them. I also made sure to credit the original poster and quote the nice comment that goes with it 99% of the time. The main reason I didn't upload these candid pics was that they were are not connected to a public event or movie/tv show. That said, we (Fermi and I) regularly upload candid pictures taken at an event, like when Summer was walking from the Firefly panel to another event at Comic Con 2012 or when she was photographied in front of the convention building.

But now I realize that fans like them and it's a good opportunity to see the "real" Summer Glau, when she's not posing for a photo shoot or on the red carpet for example.

Redditors such as gordonz88 or KortoloB have convinced me finally. As gordonz88 said: "That's part of her charm. She's friendly and down to earth. These pictures are, if anything, a window into that, and they're amazing."

Another element that convinced me is that candid photos with Summer taken by her celebrity friends regularly show up for quite some time, like the photo taken during the filming of the H50 episode or the recent photos with her friend Azita Ghanizada.

Lastly, in the event Summer Glau joins Twitter, she might post candid photos herself.

Check out the Candid Pictures category in the Gallery.

Thierry Post # 102 | Saturday, 23 Nov 2013 - 12:31
Quote chrisdvanne ()
Until now, I simply uploaded candid pictures in the "Official Summer Glau Appreciation Thread" so that everyone can see them. I also made sure to credit the original poster and quote the nice comment that goes with it 99% of the time. The main reason I didn't upload these candid pics was that they were are not connected to a public event or movie/tv show. That said, we (Fermi and I) regularly upload candid pictures taken at an event, like when Summer was walking from the Firefly panel to another event at Comic Con 2012 or when she was photographied in front of the convention building.But now I realize that fans like them and it's a good opportunity to see the "real" Summer Glau, when she's not posing for a photo shoot or on the red carpet for example.

That asks the question about the subtle border between private and public pics. Of course, Summer Glau is a public figure, but who has a right to privacy, like everyone else. Personally, I feel sometimes uncomfortable with some pics of her on some websites. Even if she smiles on them -  because she is nice wink and I won't speak about "stolen images" or the pics she is clearly expresses her disagreement to be taken in picture. That's true that it is a pleasure to see the "real" Summer Glau.

But does "real" means "private" ? Especially for a public person, the question must be asked.

In some cases, the answer is very clear. I agree with Chris when he is talking about pics of Summer Glau taken on a red carpet or connected to an event because she is volontarly taking part to them. For the other pics, I hope the (credited or not) person who takes such pictures asked him/her-self the question before publishing these pictures.

Respect and ethics rules....

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

Message edited by Thierry - Saturday, 23 Nov 2013, 12:33

chrisdvanne_ Post # 103 | Saturday, 23 Nov 2013 - 17:02
Quote Thierry ()
That asks the question about the subtle border between private and public pics. Of course, Summer Glau is a public figure, but who has a right to privacy, like everyone else.

Everything was easier when we didn't have a "candid picture" section in the Gallery (although it already contained pictures that clearly belong to this category) .
This position is not sustainable anymore, for the reasons I've mentioned above.

We have to assume that Summer doesn't mind if photos taken with her on the street are published online and archived into the Gallery, even if she didn't clearly gave her consent.  The same applies to the photos posted online by Azita Ghanizada or by Zak Penn (dinner party at his home). This is what I'm talking about when I say "the real Summer Glau".
There was no thought of publishing photos of Summer Glau within her private sphere;  we did publish a photo of her and Thomas Dekker at a Birthday party (exclusive info from the SG Wiki) but since Thomas published it himself online, we have to assume Summer knew and wouldn't mind.

The line between public photos (such as on the red carpet) and private (such as when hanging out with friends) is becoming blurry. I will not hide the fact that we have had photos or informations about Summer's private life and Fermi and I have decided not to make them public. We will not publish infos or photos that would put Summer in an awkward spot.

Allow me to say that the SG fansites have a position that is far more strict than any other fansites. Most Sarah Michelle Gellar or Hayden Pannetierre fansite publish regularly photos of the actresses and their family taken by paparazzi. These photos are available in the most famous photo banks (I'm not talking about photos commissioned by tabloids).

Thierry Post # 104 | Saturday, 23 Nov 2013 - 17:41
Quote chrisdvanne ()
We have to assume that Summer doesn't mind if photos taken with her on the street are published online and archived into the Gallery, even if she didn't clearly gave her consent.

That's precisely the point.... As I wrote above, there is no unique, single, right answer to this debate.
If assumptions are based upon an ethical point of view (I think it is the case here and on the main SG websites that I know), there should not be a problem.

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

Message edited by Thierry - Saturday, 23 Nov 2013, 17:41

chrisdvanne_ Post # 105 | Monday, 07 Jul 2014 - 13:26
A simple re-tweet would have been enough. LOL

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Summer Glau and Social Medias
Search: