menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Summer Glau and Social Medias
Summer Glau and Social Medias
Blazius Post # 76 | Monday, 21 May 2012 - 16:28
Group: Friends
Quote (Thierry)
the most important is that if Summer joins Twitter is to respect absolutely her through her Twitter account...

But the problem is that you obviously can't guarantee that. Its inevitable IMO that somebody will write something rude. And Summer doesn't deserve to be offended by stupid trolls on the internet.

So this is why nobody should "order" Summer to do that.

If she chooses to then we'd be very happy that we could write her there obviously but its indeed very true that the price may be too high.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

kentnl Post # 77 | Thursday, 24 May 2012 - 18:11
Given what's been said so far, and given the slivers of personality I've gleaned through video I've seen, its understandable that she wouldn't have a twitter account, and considerable doubt should be used if one ever appears.

I'm not even sure if it could ever be a good idea for her to directly have a Social Networking account.

To me, it would make more sense for her to work through a proxy who has the patience to weed out the excrement and the haters and then give her a reduced feed of them in a way she doesn't have to deal with the technical aspects of it so much.

Underneath it all, I feel we need ask, "Why do we want her to have a twitter account so badly?".

If to express compliments to her, we can already do that, just tweet them as usual, tag them, and if she, or any of her friends/managers/etc want to see them, they can use a tag-search feed.

There are a great many actors in this world, but none really quite strike me this way.

I just feel its a case of, you see a person, and they conduct themselves in such a way you want to understand how their mind works better, because how they conduct themselves gives you insight to their beautiful mind, and you want to talk to them, in the hope you can come closer to that greatness, to understand the awesome.

But my experience with this sort of thing says, that regardless of how awesome they are, no amount of trying can really even break the surface of deeply understanding that mind, not in the way you want to.

If there's no measurable cost to trying, well, "Theres no harm in trying". But we've seen with summer, there are too many people who'd make her a victim, and place the harm in the trying for us.

So the cost definitely outweighs the benefits.

I'm not trying to say "shes too weak for it", on the contrary. Just nobody can be 100% awesome in all ways, and she is one of the few people who bring light to our world, sometimes at their own emotional expense, and with such people, giving them more suffering is just a completely unjust thing to do. ( ie: Many people are great at being strong every place people see them, but underneath lies loads of internal suffering they'll never admit to ).

I rant too much. =p. Blame Chris for me following him on twitter =p.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 78 | Thursday, 24 May 2012 - 23:57
Group: Administrators
Quote (kentnl)
To me, it would make more sense for her to work through a proxy who has the patience to weed out the excrement and the haters and then give her a reduced feed of them in a way she doesn't have to deal with the technical aspects of it so much.

The1Russter suggested another filter process but i'm not sure that's the best way to behave on the net; selecting the people that are allowed to speak to her is bad imo and also the criteria can only be flawed and also by-passed. Either you're in or you're out.

Quote (kentnl)
Underneath it all, I feel we need ask, "Why do we want her to have a twitter account so badly?".

As i said previously, Summer being on Twitter will not change my behaviours and my way to promote the SG Wiki; the Summer Glau Wiki does not pretend to be an official fansite, with all the limitations attached in terms of freedom of speech and such.

My two cent is that Summer won't have a Twitter account that soon and that Laura Vandervoort's tweet must not be taken too seriously; it was made in jest imo, just like Jewell Staite's tweet on the same topic a few months ago.

Quote (kentnl)
I rant too much. =p. Blame Chris for me following him on twitter =p.

Sorry sad
I'm glad you shared with us your insight on the subject though biggrin

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 24 May 2012, 23:58

Blazius Post # 79 | Friday, 25 May 2012 - 19:25
Quote (chrisdvanne)
The1Russter suggested another filter process but i'm not sure that's the best way to behave on the net; selecting the people that are allowed to speak to her is bad imo and also the criteria can only be flawed and also by-passed. Either you're in or you're out.

I agree. As Yoda would say "Do or do not... there is no try"

She either has a twitter account and is okay with her to cope with trolls or she shouldn't do it. The whole point would be to break a barrier between her and her fans, if she breaks one barrier but introduces another one then we are back at square one. It'd be pointless.

Not even mentioning the fact that Chris already mentioned that such a system cannot be worked without being flawed and unjust.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

REG Post # 80 | Sunday, 27 May 2012 - 10:29
i totally agree. it should be her choice and not anyone else's.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 81 | Thursday, 28 Jun 2012 - 08:48
Thomas Dekker himself confirmed that Summer Glau is not on Twitter :

Link : @theThomasDekker

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 28 Jun 2012, 08:48

Alex Post # 82 | Thursday, 28 Jun 2012 - 23:09
Group: Bloggers
Quote (kentnl)
Given what's been said so far, and given the slivers of personality I've gleaned through video I've seen, its understandable that she wouldn't have a twitter account, and considerable doubt should be used if one ever appears.

Well said! I did not quote your entire post but I think your rationale is bang on. I too have a great admiration for Summer and her work. I cannot explain why I think so highly of her as opposed to other actresses. I mean I really like Cate Blanchett and one could argue that she is perhaps a better actress (or not!) but Summer Glau makes such a strong impression in her performances and she is so fascinating to watch.

Extending beyond her work though, even her appearances at various cons are also quite interesting. And this puzzles me to no end.

As to her use of social media, I believed at one point that she should enlist a small, dedicated group of savvy fans whom she could trust. But it would be very problematic as you say and perhaps the best course is just for her to focus on what she does well.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 83 | Thursday, 28 Jun 2012 - 23:37
I made a blogpost that aims to be a reference whenever someone has a doubt or when a genuine fan is being fooled by a fake Summer Glau account; instead of starting a long conversation, simply link to that blog post, inwhich i have collected all the informations one needs.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 29 Jun 2012, 08:50

Fox012 Post # 84 | Friday, 29 Jun 2012 - 04:09
Group: Users
Good Job chris =) i Hope this brings an end to this topic...

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

chrisdvanne_ Post # 85 | Friday, 29 Jun 2012 - 08:56
Quote (Fox012)
Good Job chris =)

Thanks!

Quote (Fox012)
i Hope this brings an end to this topic...

Not necessarily!
Fans can keep on discussing the opportunity for Summer to be on Twitter or Facebook and there can be other news related to the topic.

My goal is to provide a simple link one can point to when someone is fooled by an impersonator. Instead of starting a long discussion to convince that person that those people are fake, preferably link to the blogpost.

Fox012 Post # 86 | Sunday, 01 Jul 2012 - 05:43
Chris I meant an end to the topic that summer fan's are fooled that those are genuine profiles

of course people are still welcome to discuss the fact that she might will join one someday or not

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

chrisdvanne_ Post # 87 | Sunday, 01 Jul 2012 - 07:55
Quote (Fox012)
Chris I meant an end to the topic that summer fan's are fooled that those are genuine profiles

of course people are still welcome to discuss the fact that she might will join one someday or not

Apologizes cry

Edit : unfortunately, i don't think it will end to the topic. Not all fans follow the Summer Glau Wiki and some others still wants to believe, instead of the evidences we have collected.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Sunday, 01 Jul 2012, 17:36

The1Russter Post # 88 | Sunday, 01 Jul 2012 - 17:28
Group: Writer
In response to post #78, What the hell do you think a private twitter account is? U control who follows U and who can read your tweets.
That's all that was implied in my conversation on twitter with Chris. It allows Summer to dip her toes into the Twitter water safely before diving full in.

She just starts out following and being followed on twitter by those she trusts before going full fledged. Alternatively, she could tweet about her current projects through her agent or manager or whatever. Her facebook account was hacked so if she had her own twitter account, I'd expect the same there. Hence some level of gradual use on her own or use through third party. For whatever reasons, her presence seems to invite whackos who get some thrill out of hacking websites or services related to her in some way.

But whatever our opinion or ideas on her use of twitter, its up to her. And frankly I think she'd be better off staying away from twitter. However something should be done about these people pretending to be her on twitter.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Sunday, 01 Jul 2012, 17:39

Fox012 Post # 89 | Sunday, 01 Jul 2012 - 20:25
No Need to apologize Chris it was just a misunderstanding!

and about your edit I Agree with you I know that well...

@The1Russter

no offence but if you lock your house and leave the key under the doormat then no wonder when someone breaks in

i don't know if she managed her FB page once herself or by a third party but if your keep your pw safe and especialy safe from social engenering (wich is the most reason acc's get hacked) security questions and passwords should be STRONG! if she does that she should be safe on FB´/twitter but I like your idea of a private Twitter ( I do myself because of Privacy reasons!)

Message edited by Fox012 - Sunday, 01 Jul 2012, 20:32

Alex Post # 90 | Sunday, 01 Jul 2012 - 20:59
Group: Bloggers
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Quote (Fox012)

Apologizes cry

Edit : unfortunately, i don't think it will end to the topic. Not all fans follow the Summer Glau Wiki and some others still wants to believe, instead of the evidences we have collected.

I have seen your tweets to various people telling them that Summer does not use Twitter. I think that it is a very good thing to get that message out there in the Twitterverse.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Summer Glau and Social Medias
Search: