menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Summer Glau and Social Medias
Summer Glau and Social Medias
chrisdvanne_ Post # 16 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 08:21
Group: Administrators
Thanks for correcting me.

You said it hundreds of time : she is genuine, both on stage and in real life. Her shyness and hawkwardness during interview is genuine and her acting is genuine, she embodies her characters, she doesn't "play" them.

A lot of artits create a character like Lady Gaga a or Kate Perry that they play on the stage and during interviews : not my cup of tea. It's useful to sell tabloids though.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

TheSavior Post # 17 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 08:21
Group: Friends
Agreed Michelangelo. This is why i never talk about twitter.
A forum is a very different thing...since if, to say, someone say something stupid/bad the "moderator" or Admin can alwais cut the post, delete the sentence, trow a nuclear bomb to the poster, erase from the universe the offender...uh..maybe i have overdo...
A forum is a much simple way to interact without the need to put herself under the spotlite. This i why a Forum have to sai, some good Admin and other staff member....people, usere, come here to chat, and sometime Summer can pass here, read message, answer or simply say hello.
She doesnt need a fast-communication tool, just a place where to communicate at some degree with her loyal Fans XD

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

TheSavior Post # 18 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 08:21
Twitter sucks in many way...i follow all the old cast of Firefly and TSCC but the only one who actually have answered my question was Josh Friedman...and have done that in such a bad way that we have actually broke our contact.
And the Summer Glau accounf is [i cant understand why!] followeng me on Twitter, but didnt respond to my PM also if i has stated that is not a problem if is Jewel to read them, i just need to chat about work with either the two chics.
Stange again, she hasnt cancelled me..she sometime tweet a thing, but never answer on PM.
Obviously as stated by Michelangelo, isnt the real Summer. Is Jewel. But is the same..Jewel didnt aswer me on twitter no on Summer account, not on her account.
Also another that has actually answered is Garreth Dilhaunt..but i just dont know what to talk about with him XD so i joke most of the time

Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

Blazius Post # 19 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 08:21
I really respect and love Summer Glau for being able to retain her adorable, pure, beautiful identity while every other actresses are becoming the whores of Hollywood. Maybe not everybody agrees but I think it requires a very strong will and sense of identity which I find mostly absent from many people(not only actors and actresses!).This still doesn't rules out the possibility to be shy during interviews. Thats only because its not her way to express herself with words.

Just remember the interviews where she said that it was the exact reason she chose dancing as her art!I think this still allows her to have a strong will, in fact if she were weak willed, she would be a Hollywood whore! In my opinion they are the weak willed. I also find her desire to keep everything private as possible appealing. For one I do exactly the same thing myself (this site is the only place where you can find me on the Internet, no Twitter, Facebook, MSN etc..). The other thing is I find it repulsive when somebody starts to detail his/her private,let alone intimate life.

However despite the fact that we have similar habits I still think that she should have at least an official site(BTW my apologies for mentioning SG.net as an official site, I'm aware that it isn't) where she should post at least a few words when there is a special event or something. Writing just a few words wouldn't require much effort from her part(in fact she has already done a similar thing on the SG.net) but they would definitely bring her fanbase much more closer to her, and maybe she could encourage more lurkers to reveal themselves and more importantly she would get tons of positive feedbacks from the fans!

However I've read in an FHM interview the following lines:

Reporter: Do you ever read your fan sites on the internet? “The curvature of Summer's body is so
perfect, astronomers use it calibrate instruments.”

Summer: I avoid the internet, it can break your heart. There was a time where I read the forum because I wanted to know what people thought. You can read ten nice things, but the one hurtful thing you pick up.

This answers the question why she doesn't have an internet presence. This is why I think she should have more contact with her real fans. The fans are the only people who could show her that she shouldn't take the stupid Glau-haters too seriously because she is just too good to be hampered by them. Moreover negative critics come naturally with the profession, even if they make no sense. Just show me a single film, actor or producer who got purely positive reviews! I've read tons of negative reviews about the original Star Wars movie(one of the most legendary and successful movies in Hollywoods history). Do you think George Lucas takes them seriously? He probably kept them to have something to laugh at after a hard day!

I know Summer is different, acting is not just her job, its her art, and I fully understand that if somebody attacks her work it hurts her feelings but by locking herself away from the Glau-haters she also locks herself away from those who could help her overcome these difficulties in my opinion.

Quote (michelangelo)
A lot of artits create a character like Lady Gaga a or Kate Perry that they play on the stage and during interviews : not my cup of tea. It's useful to sell tabloids though.

They can be as famous or good singers as they wish but I can't stand when somebody tries to fool me
and tries to convince me how good person he/she is while its obviously not the case!

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 20 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 08:21
Quote (Blazius)
“The curvature of Summer's body is so
perfect, astronomers use it calibrate instruments.”

Well, i find it nice actually wink

The last time Summer's name was on internet on a larger scale was during the so called Summer-curse affair : after The Cape was cancelled the internet buzzed with Glau-haters on social medias, unwarrented comments on entertainment sites and even some bad colomnists wrote on it. We at The Summer Glau Wiki and a few other sites tried to debunk it but there is little logical thought can do in front of stupidity.

You still see it everyday on twitter, not especially from Glau-haters but from some people who wants to make a bad joke.

I'm sure someone on Summer's circle of friends report to her and i'm afraid it'll reinforce her will not to appear on the internet.

And yet i have hope that we can convince her to be closer to her fans : sending her the calendar with a nice letter is a good way to start creating a perennial bond between her and her fans.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 13 Jun 2011, 13:27

Granite Post # 21 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 10:00
Absence Her personal appearance or an official resource of the Internet has tremendous advantages. So calmly, no need to engage in discussions, even with the faithful fans. On any public events can be observed the following scene - hundreds of fans with glowing eyes yearn for an autograph, talk to at least look at their idol. Attendance at such events is very tiring. And the account in facebook for example means that it will have on a daily basis to participate in mini-conferences.

Can, of course, to organize interaction with the fans on the Internet - once a month, choose the most important questions, ideas and wishes. It would be nice in the first place for the fans, IMHO.

But each of the famous people decide for himself - how close he wants to communicate with their fans, the reality or the Internet.

Fans also can and should give full support to their idol, even if he does not ask smile

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

Message edited by Granite - Monday, 13 Jun 2011, 10:04

Blazius Post # 22 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 15:28
Quote (michelangelo)
The last time Summer's name was on internet on a larger scale was during the so called Summer-curse affair : after The Cape was cancelled the internet buzzed with Glau-haters on social medias, unwarrented comments on entertainment sites and even some bad colomnists wrote on it. We at The Summer Glau Wiki and a few other sites tried to debunk it but there is little logical thought can do in front of stupidity.

You still see it everyday on twitter, not especially from Glau-haters but from some people who wants to make a bad joke.

I agree, that was nasty. I've never seen so much stupidity in one place! I don't want Summer to create a Twitter or Facebook account , as I've already mentioned I don't like those sites either. I thought about something similar that Granite said:

Quote (Granite)
Can, of course, to organize interaction with the fans on the Internet - once a month, choose the most important questions, ideas and wishes. It would be nice in the first place for the fans, IMHO.

I think that is a great idea! This would establish the much needed connection between her and her fanbase while it still wouldn't require Summer to attend to it on a daily basis. The connection would be almost symbolic but still enough to achieve the desired effect!

Quote (michelangelo)
Well, i find it nice actually

Me too! I think he read it here: http://summer-glau.com/index/summerglauappreciationpage5/0-38
(the 17th picture)

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

TheSavior Post # 23 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 15:55
Point understended. She may be also scared by too much Fan-love, not just to no-fane hatred.
This is why i think it will be cool to have a real Official Forum for her, with a frien of her as Admin, or someone che can trust.

The main duty of an Admin of such type of Forum, would be to cut the "too much loud" speeking of "fall-in-love-with-her-Fans" and also to cut the ones (if possybly they exist on such a forum) that makes some bad talk or are asshole.

I just not yet know your behavior, not Fermi's but from i have seen until now, this place il well balanced with the good love for her and also respectfull people, and Fermi is "Firm" on his will and have make a good point about not to overdo with compliment.

The Fan who start all the time to make compliments, after some time get boring, and then also Creepy. He becomes too morbid, and for sure many Fans cant control this kind of behavior.
Is just they love so much her...and then overdo all they did.

This is why, if such a job of "official forum" would be ever do, it must be taken from someone with "balls of steel" and the patience of a saint.

Fermi has sayd somwhere i cant just remember where, about he is here just becouse he love the work of Summer and just whant to support her, nothing more. I found that kind of dedication really cute ^^

So, anyway isnt our duty now to make suck kind of speculetion. If in any future Time-Line she will whant one such Forum, she will probably ask.

Cameron

Me

Fermi Post # 24 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 22:58
We know for a fact that Summer Glau gives 100% for her fans. Even busy with all the work she takes the time to read every fan letter she get. She loves going to these conventions and she is very kind towards her fans and she will always take time for a fan.

That she does not have an internet presence, well she said that she is not so tech savvy. She prefer meeting her fans in person or reading nice fan letter (like the one we make for the calender). Maybe Internet is not for her and I dont think anyone should pressure Summer into having an internet presence. That is up to her

You can't stop the signal!

TheSavior Post # 25 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 23:47
Again, agreed. She has quoted on multiple Interview she isnt at easy with tecnology [and since for me is the same, i can understand her...i'm actually practicing since i'm never been a forum or twitter user. my most big used network was Facebook but mostry to contact friends for meetings when i didnt have telephon and Skype XD].

She also is ever in movement, flying there ore here and so cant be "in touch" with internet.
But again...she can, if she really want try it, deliver to a close "nerd" friend, a official forum of her's.
And use it, just to make an example, to air some videos saying as much as "hey hi fans, are you all fine? i hope so...i'm here working to...that and this, wish you good time".

Isnt hard and ist so much, but i'm sure that would really catch more fans in no time XD
well, just my idea.

Cameron

Me

KrelleK Post # 26 | Saturday, 09 Jul 2011 - 21:11
Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (Blazius)
One thing that always bothers me is that there is very little interaction between Summer and her fans. She has no Facebook, Twitter, she does not attend conventions very frequently and you can only send fan letters through her agency. She doesn't even have a website where she could post important news or updates about her projects, we always have to guess things about her from various sources. Even the Messages from Summer section on Summer-Glau.net is unupdated since 2010! I'm not saying that she hates her fans,no way but I think it would boost her fanbase and popularity a bit if she would be more open towards her fans.

That's the way she is and that's the way we love her; for some reason, guys/girls like us seem to be attracted by her extreme shyness. Obviously Summer doesn't feel comfortable with unwarranted and sometimes nasty remarks you can find on the net. I read them everyday on Twitter for example, tough i don't take the time to respond to it (Devo the sniper does on the contrary). But it hurts nevertheles and i can imagine a good person, genuine and sensitive like Summer suffers from this, hence her decision not to appear on the internet.
That said, everyone who has approached her, wether it be journalists or fans unanimously said that she was 100% available and full of consideration for her fans.
I suspect a lot of artits keep an account on twitter just because their agent said "go on it's good for your image" and to create a fake link between them and the fans (Jewel Staite much!) : Summer don't belong to that type.
I'm sure we wil have other opportunities to meet her in person, maybe not in a short term in Europe though. While waiting for this to happen, you'll always be wellcome on this site and i hope we will fulfill your expectations and the viewer's.

I agree, i do not think I have ever heard any negative remarks, from the people that I have met at the 2 starfury cons
I have been to , that has also met her, sure I was sad she could not be there for me and the others to meet, but then I can hope for next year.

Fox012 Post # 27 | Thursday, 20 Oct 2011 - 01:09
Group: Users
[c]
Quote (Fermi)
All Summer Glau accounts on facebook and twitter are fake ones. If Summer were to decide to use twitter or facebook to communicate with fans she most likely would have those accounts verified.

How To recognize a Verified Account ?!

I Have links to FB profiles of Summer kaitlin & Mari but i doubt it that those are Genuine Accounts.

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Message edited by Fox012 - Thursday, 20 Oct 2011, 02:53

Fermi Post # 28 | Thursday, 20 Oct 2011 - 01:40
Quote (Fox012)
How To recognize a Verified Account ?!

I Have links to FB profiles of Summer kaitlin & Mari but i doubt it that those are Genuine Accounts you find the links in the spoiler below the Summer profile i got told that this one is Legit but i doubt it

I don't like it when people posting links to Summers relatives facebook profiles here and I removed them from your post. To answer your question the kaitlin & Mari are genuine, but the Summer Glau account is an obvious fake.

The real Summer would be friends with her relatives on facebook. She also would also have other pictures of herself than red carpet/convention pictures found on internet. I recognize this account it was removed by facebook a couple of month ago, but it seems like the impostor created a new one, which been reported now.

The real Summer Glau would be able to verify her own account.

You can't stop the signal!

Fox012 Post # 29 | Thursday, 20 Oct 2011 - 02:52
Group: Users
Sorry I was Unsure if should have posted them or not Sorry wacko well atleast i know now about the summer profile I Doubt it was legit because i thinked the same =)

How do you recognize Legit (veryfied) Accounts ?!

There are dozens of Summer profiles on FB this is just one of many..

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Message edited by Fox012 - Thursday, 20 Oct 2011, 02:55

Devo Post # 30 | Thursday, 20 Oct 2011 - 07:54
Summer used to have a FB account but she said in an interview that it kept getting hacked so she just deleted it.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Summer Glau and Social Medias
Search: