menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » The Cape was a blessing for Summer!
The Cape was a blessing for Summer!
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Thursday, 03 Feb 2011 - 00:39
Group: Administrators
The Cape is likely to be cancelled? Well 8 out of 10 new shows on Broadcast Network are at the end of the first season eventually (especially mid-season shows) and The Cape is no exception to the rule that's all.

The Cape is supposed to have a great cast : Keith David, David lyons, James Frain,…
But everyone focus and comment on Summer Glau, not only on the fans boards. Why is that?
Because Summer Glau has an appealing power very few actress or actors have.

Being casted on a major network was a good opportunity for Summer Glau because she was heavily promoted and that was an occasion for her to broaden her fanbase. We have seen articles about her in every major blog or site related to tv programs, i have seen a lot of people saying that she has changed for the better since Firefly.

Fortunately for Summer Glau, Network Execs don’t think like some idiots who posts negatives comments.
They know Summer Glau was the only buzz-whorthy actor on The Cape. They know a lot of viewers watched the show only for her. Not for David Lyons, not even for Keith David or James Frain. Only for Summer.

Summer plays in the first league now and she won’t leave it.It’s just the way networks works : once an actor is well-known, networks will enrole her/him on others shows. Did former TSCC actors encouters difficulties to find a new show? The answer is no.

The Cape was a first step into leaving the scifi niche; sure she is the scifi queen but it's time for her to enter the real world (aka Doctors/Cops/Lawyers Dramas)

Summer is free to move on another bigger and maybe more successful project. We at the summerglau wiki will follow her no matter what. Will you join us?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Fermi Post # 2 | Thursday, 03 Feb 2011 - 01:10
http://twitter.com/BrianLynch/status/32944813368156160

Quote (Brian Lynch)
Someday, a network is going get smart and simply make a show called SUMMER GLAU is SUMMER GLAU in THE ADVENTURES OF SUMMER GLAU.

Like I said Summer should get her own show it can still be scifi or what role she prefer, she said that is the kind of roles she seek
I don't think she will be on (Doctors/Cops/Lawyers Dramas) show. Too bad that good shows don't last long

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 3 | Thursday, 03 Feb 2011 - 01:20
Nice!

The Cape was the first step and there will be others steps before finding a hit; maybe one or two cancellations in the way. The important thing is that Summer is on the right track thanks to The Cape.

Fermi Post # 4 | Thursday, 03 Feb 2011 - 01:31
what about movies I think Knights of Badassdom sounds promising

http://www.fangoria.com/index.p....mid=211

maybe she will get better movie project if it goes well

You can't stop the signal!

Chief Post # 5 | Thursday, 03 Feb 2011 - 01:31
Group: Users
Quote (michelangelo)
They know Summer Glau was the only buzz-whorthy actor on The Cape. They know a lot of viewers watched the show only for her.

The only thing is I don't want people to cast her simply because of her fanbase. There's no doubt in my mind that NBC used her for her fans, and that doesn't sit right with me.

Regarding Summer's future, I've no doubt she'll find work. She always does. I mentioned before that she has quite an impressive resume considering she only started in 2002. It's only a matter of when. And when she does find her next project, I'll be there to watch and support her. smile

"It didn't seem like much of a threat. We're not built to be cruel."

Message edited by Chief - Thursday, 03 Feb 2011, 01:51

chrisdvanne_ Post # 6 | Thursday, 03 Feb 2011 - 01:48
Quote (Chief)
The only thing is I don't want people to cast her simply because of her fanbase.

Precisely! My point (my hope) is that being on a major network helped her being noticed outside the "nerd fanbase". Her "huge following" as said Aussiello is overrated or TSCC and The Cape would have been successful.
Don't get me wrong, Summer having a loyal fanbase is a great asset; how many tv actresses have one?
I can understand some producers want to have her on their show just as nerd bait. I hope Summmer and her agent are smart enough to keep away from that kind of projects.

Chief Post # 7 | Thursday, 03 Feb 2011 - 01:54
Quote (michelangelo)
Her "huge following" as said Aussiello is overrated or TSCC and The Cape would have been successful.

I wouldn't say that. I saw her fanbase first hand when I went to FanExpo. She was drawing in the same numbers as William Shatner and Stan Lee, and if you're pulling similar numbers to Stan Lee at a comic book convention, that says something.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 8 | Thursday, 03 Feb 2011 - 02:01
Does this FanExpo fanbase belongs to the bankable 18-49 adult demo?
Does this FanExpo fanbase have a Nielsen Box?

It's time for her to reach another public, and keep her existing fanbase at the same time of course.

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 03 Feb 2011, 02:02

Chief Post # 9 | Thursday, 03 Feb 2011 - 03:08
The crowd ranged from kids to older people and everyone in-between

As for the nielsen box, I don't know how that system works, but it seems to me like it might be flawed. lol

Charley_Dixon Post # 10 | Thursday, 03 Feb 2011 - 03:59
Quote (Chief)
As for the nielsen box, I don't know how that system works, but it seems to me like it might be flawed.

Lol, sounds like you haven't been on the red wiki when TSCC had bad numbers. lol

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Charley_Dixon Post # 11 | Thursday, 03 Feb 2011 - 04:11
Quote (michelangelo)
Summer is free to move on another bigger and maybe more successful project. We at the summerglau wiki will follow her no matter what. Will you join us?

Sure. Actually I'm excited. We got a chance to see her again. She got an extra record in her resume. Now there is Joss Whedon working on a big movie. Josh Friedman is supposed to run another show this fall. Of course she may join some new project we do not know about.

I feel like it's time for something big. I believe in Summer and I'm looking forward for her next project.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Granite Post # 12 | Thursday, 03 Feb 2011 - 13:06
Group: Friends
Yes I am with you " ... no matter what. " biggrin

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

KrelleK Post # 13 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 12:14
Group: Friends
Quote (Granite)
Yes I am with you " ... no matter what. "

So am I biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 14 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 19:45
I read a lot of online articles and take the time to read the comments too : i can tell you that i have seen very few negative comments about Summer's acting, even from people who don't like the show. One of the reasons is she had little screentime so far and it seems David Lyons and mostly the kid are the most criticized in that department.

Edit :

Quote (found online)
Trip, the cape's son is annoying.. and Tyler on V is annoying.. and Jeremy on Vampire Diaries is annoying (although he's getting a lot better); to the point that it's becoming a cliche character... "annoying male teen brat"

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 04 Feb 2011, 19:50

Chief Post # 15 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 20:42
Trip was pretty bad in the start, but he's a child actor, so you kind of have to cut him some slack.

I sure hope no one is crticizing Summer's performance. She's doing fantastic. If there's ever a time I don't like something about Orwell, it's usually because of the writing. A perfect example would be Orwell storming out on Vince. I thought that particular sequence was poorly written.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » The Cape was a blessing for Summer!
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: