menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Starfury T3 2011
Starfury T3 2011
chrisdvanne_ Post # 31 | Thursday, 09 Jun 2011 - 16:44
Group: Administrators
Quote (Sean harry)
If a guest cancels, then I'll find a replacement. Brian Austin Green, Shirley Manson, Stephanie Jakobsen and Levin Rambin are all interested in doing a Starfury event, so if either Thomas or Summer were to cancel then I have quite a few other options."

Great, i wanted to see Cameron and instead i'll have Riley; no jameron either :'(

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 32 | Thursday, 09 Jun 2011 - 17:11
The starfury website has removed the gif that showed Thomas, Summer, Vik, Melinda and Ryan (see First post of this thread).
Instead we have a simple image :

The gif in post one is going to be a collector tongue

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 09 Jun 2011, 17:13

chrisdvanne_ Post # 33 | Thursday, 09 Jun 2011 - 18:54
I repeat that we have no official information at this stage that Summer will not attend the convention; organizer Sean Harry will communicate later who is guesting and who is not.

As you saw with Vik Sahay, last minute cancellation can happen (for the best of the actor having new gig); it happened before (Summer cancelling Starfury: Serenity Complete in 2008 because of schedule conflicts with the convention) and it will in the future.

We will inform you as soon as we know more but be assured that Sean Harry will find replacement actors for Starfury T3 in case of new cancellation.

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 10 Jun 2011, 11:49

Fermi Post # 34 | Thursday, 09 Jun 2011 - 19:45
From the starfury message board

Quote ("sean harry")
Still waiting on final confirmation on Summer. Talking to her on Tuesday and I'm afraid it doesn't look likely, so as I was revamping the website that night I took her off the list.

Will be taking Vik from the site tonight. Took 90 minutes to get a main cast Chuck guest who hasn't done a convention before to replace Vik and join Ryan for the weekend. I think Chuck fans will be very happy with them and agree that it is a like for like trade with Vik.

Have a few possibilites lined up already to replace Summer if and when the need arises.

Although nothing is ever 100% certain until the opening ceremony (and I'm pretty clear in all advertising that guests are subject to work commitments), things are pretty much 99% confirmed for Thomas and Ryan.

Whatever happens, there will be a full line up of representatives of main cast members from both CHUCK and TERMINATOR. If your a fan of both or either shows, you'll be very happy with the line up however things pan out. I do always say to book because your a fan of the show, not a specific actor, because their career will always come first.

Sean

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 35 | Thursday, 09 Jun 2011 - 19:47
I saw that too and it doesn't look good. Of course i'm a fan of TSCC and in the past i've done my part as much as anyone else to promote the show but i'm not willing to go on a TSCC convention if Summer is not guesting.
I'm sad of course but i'm happy for Summer if she cancelled for a job commitment (which is not sure btw).

Edit :
@Fermi : maybe you should made a news because not everyone reads the forum when connecting to the site.

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 09 Jun 2011, 19:56

chrisdvanne_ Post # 36 | Thursday, 09 Jun 2011 - 20:22
Now that Sean Harry has officially said that Summer's coming is not likely, we can talk more freely.

In the eventuality that Summer cancels, wich TSCC actor (or crew member) would you like to see?
BAG would be a good choice and but he was there last year along with Thomas at Starfury T2, it would be better to have someone that has not come before; i vote for Shirley Manson, followed shortly by James Ellison.

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 10 Jun 2011, 11:51

Devo Post # 37 | Thursday, 09 Jun 2011 - 20:32
Group: Friends
Fingers crossed for a new project. biggrin

I just hope she gets the part if she hasn't already. She could be running the preliminary gauntlet on her way to a great role.

She's talked a bit about the process before in interviews, and it seems a lot goes into casting a project.

Are shows casting this time of year, or would this more likely be a film? I am thinking film. cool

Devo Post # 38 | Thursday, 09 Jun 2011 - 20:38
Quote (michelangelo)
Now that Sean Harris has officially said that Summer's coming is not likely, we can talk more freely. In the eventuality that Summer cancels, wich TSCC actor (or crew member) would you like to see? BAG would be a good choice and but he was there last year along with Thomas at Starfury T2, it would be better to have someone that has not come before; i vote for Shirley Manson, followed shortly by James Ellison.

Garret or Leven would be cool.

Sure, at first I disliked Riley, but she kinda grew on me, and she went out like a boss. She totally kicked Jesse's butt. tongue

Not sure if anyone shipped Cameron and Riley, but I think they could have been good friends under different circumstances. ;_;

Fermi Post # 39 | Thursday, 09 Jun 2011 - 20:43
I vote for Shirley Manson she is a good singer also BAG would be great cool

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 40 | Thursday, 09 Jun 2011 - 21:30
Quote (Devo)
Are shows casting this time of year, or would this more likely be a film? I am thinking film. cool

The whole process of picking up and filming new pilots is over : the major Broadcast Networks' upfronts occured during May and the Networks have already announced their Fall 2011 primetime schedules (see Fall 2011 TV Schedule News at tvguide.com). Upfronts in Canada occur in the first week of June i think.
The filming of episodes will begin shortly but all the roles are already distributed, there is no room for a main cast.

If Summer cancels and if it's for gig reason, i'm also thinking film.

There is some opportunities though like this one : Ashton Kutcher will replace Charlie Sheen on "Two And A Half Men" wink

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 09 Jun 2011, 21:33

Devo Post # 41 | Thursday, 09 Jun 2011 - 21:49
Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (Devo)Are shows casting this time of year, or would this more likely be a film? I am thinking film. cool The whole process of picking up and filming new pilots is over : the major Broadcast Networks' upfronts occured during May and the Networks have already announced their Fall 2011 primetime schedules (see Fall 2011 TV Schedule News at tvguide.com). Upfronts in Canada occur in the first week of June i think. The filming of episodes will begin shortly but all the roles are already distributed, there is no room for a main cast. If Summer cancels and if it's for gig reason, i'm also thinking film. There is some opportunities though like this one : Ashton Kutcher will replace Charlie Sheen on "Two And A Half Men"

Summer Glau to replace Laurence Fishburne in CSI. cool

chrisdvanne_ Post # 42 | Thursday, 09 Jun 2011 - 21:56
Quote (Devo)
Summer Glau to replace Laurence Fishburne in CSI. cool

I forgot this one!

As usual, when i digress on a subject (new pilots in this case), i'm not responding to one member in particular; i try to give the wiki viewers (registered and lurkers) a bit of information.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 43 | Thursday, 09 Jun 2011 - 22:14
What a day!
I was hoping to finally see Summer and now there is not much hope left. I will take on hour rest and see an episode of Smallville from the finale season that i have not seen yet.

Edit
Ha, ha : Smallville goes Matrix in the episode i just saw (10.12); anyway even if the BDA (Big Dumb Alien) is whining once again, it is better written than The Cape.

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 09 Jun 2011, 23:54

Blazius Post # 44 | Thursday, 09 Jun 2011 - 23:58
So according to the news section its not likely that Summer will attend the convention. Is there a chance that the situation will change or anybody who bought the ticket just for Summer spent their money in vain?

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 45 | Friday, 10 Jun 2011 - 00:08
Everybody at the Starfury forum , including Sean Harry, keep saying that one should not buy a ticket for an actor but for a Show. This is true but doesn't apply to me : i wanted to go there exclusively for Summer. I did not book everything because i was waiting given the last days anomalies. But the ticket is not refundable and not transferable either.

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 10 Jun 2011, 11:52

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Starfury T3 2011
Search: