person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Starfury T3 2011
Starfury T3 2011
Fermi Post # 1 | Tuesday, 12 Apr 2011 - 21:14
Group: Administrators
Summer is coming to Europe she will attend Starfury 24-26 June 2011 at the Radisson Edwardiam Hotel, Heathrow.

Little early for a thread, but there is not so much to discuss right now as I know this forum has many European visitors so I wonder anyone going?
If you do don't forget your camera.

I'm a European, but I don't go to geeek conventions:P.

FYI Thomas Dekker and the geeky guy from Chuck will be there too. yahoo

TICKET PRICES
• £150:00 Gold
• £90:00 Adults
• £35:00 for Children aged 14 and under
• Free Children aged 7 and under
• Ticket prices do not include meals or accomodations. Any children aged 14 or under MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult.

Buy tickets

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2 | Wednesday, 13 Apr 2011 - 17:05
Funny thing is that Summer Glau is the link between the two series : indeed she played in both (Cameron on TSCC and Great on Chuck).

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 3 | Wednesday, 13 Apr 2011 - 17:12
There is something i'd like to have proof on : i keep reading here and there that the lines formed in front of Summer are the biggest of all conventions; maybe someone can show us that on pict or video
We have usually close-ups of fans talking to Summer and having an autograph but rarely an idea of the lenght of the lines.

Blazius Post # 4 | Friday, 13 May 2011 - 20:53
Group: Friends
I have few questions regarding this event:

Can you actually meet or speak with Summer? The "guest talk" section sounds something like that but could somebody explain how it works a bit more specifically?

And I assume that pictures on which fans are posing with her are from conventions like this but can you have these kind of photos if you are lucky and catch her or you pay and get a photo with her?

I would also like to ask that how many of you have already attended a convention attended by Summer and how many is planning to go this year?

These kind of things are not common in my country so I would like to gather some information.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Fermi Post # 5 | Saturday, 14 May 2011 - 12:18
Quote (Blazius)

Can you actually meet or speak with Summer?

Akuji that was on Starfury the last time Summer was there. Said that he got the opportunity to talk with Summer and her Sisters at the bar after the convention.

Blazius Post # 6 | Sunday, 15 May 2011 - 02:00
Quote (Fermi)
Akuji that was on Starfury the last time Summer was there. Said that he got the opportunity to talk with Summer and her Sisters at the bar after the convention.

So are you saying that the convention itself does not provide any opportunity to interact with her but after the event, for example on the evening between the two days of the convention she can be found in the area, for example in a bar?

I'm planning to go to the convention but its a lot of money to get there so I'm trying to evaluate if it worts it or not.

Devo Post # 7 | Sunday, 15 May 2011 - 02:52
Quote (Blazius)
Quote (Fermi)Akuji that was on Starfury the last time Summer was there. Said that he got the opportunity to talk with Summer and her Sisters at the bar after the convention. So are you saying that the convention itself does not provide any opportunity to interact with her but after the event, for example on the evening between the two days of the convention she can be found in the area, for example in a bar? I'm planning to go to the convention but its a lot of money to get there so I'm trying to evaluate if it worts it or not.

I am pretty sure her and Thomas will have a guest speaker panel where fans can ask them questions in a type of forum atmosphere.

You also can get an autograph and perhaps a picture where you will have a couple moments to tell Summer how much you appreciate everything she has done for us breathing life into such memorable characters, and what an inspiration she is etc. :3

I would be so nervous, I'd probably have a concise sentiment I'd like to express to her... then I'd end up forgetting my own name once I was in her presence. ><

Fermi Post # 8 | Sunday, 15 May 2011 - 04:09
Quote (Blazius)

So are you saying that the convention itself does not provide any opportunity to interact with her but after the event, for example on the evening between the two days of the convention she can be found in the area, for example in a bar?

No if I understand it correctly themed parties will be held at this conventions where the attending fans can get the opportunity to socialize with the celebrities. The parties is a part of the convention and is included in the price.
There will also be guest talks and photo, autograph sessions and competitions at the convention.

KrelleK Post # 9 | Sunday, 15 May 2011 - 21:34
Quote (Fermi)
Quote (Blazius)
Can you actually meet or speak with Summer? Akuji that was on Starfury the last time Summer was there. Said that he got the opportunity to talk with Summer and her Sisters at the bar after the convention.

yeah he supposelly was sitting talking with this 2 other young women(the sisters)unknowingly who they where for a about half an hour, atleast that is the story I read. biggrin while Summer was talking with someone else a little while,

Blazius Post # 10 | Monday, 16 May 2011 - 13:25
So there will be a party where Summer will be among the "mortals" and theoretically you can have a conversation with her like: "Hello Summer! Are you enjoying the party? Can I have have a few questions?" BUT in practice she will deploy her sisters or other family members to neutralize you?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 11 | Monday, 30 May 2011 - 22:30
It looks like i'm the first one making its "coming out" : I'M GOING, if Sean Harry is kind enough to send me my ticket and if i can find a room for the 24th of june.

Blazius Post # 12 | Thursday, 02 Jun 2011 - 23:43
I still don't know if I'm going or not but I have a question: Do you think its possible to throw together some kind of mini interview with her possibly under the banners of the Summer Glau wiki?

I would really like to get answers to a few questions for example regarding the things we have discussed in the TSCC continuation thread but I don't know how would that be possible so I'm just making ideas.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 13 | Thursday, 02 Jun 2011 - 23:54
Quote (Blazius)
Do you think its possible to throw together some kind of mini interview with her possibly under the banners of the Summer Glau wiki?

I intended to create a News to remind the wiki viewers of this event and asking what kind of questions you would ask Summer if you had the opportunity.
I'm new to such conventions, it would be my first so that i can't answer you precisely. I would certainly assert i'm from the Wiki if Fermi and Charley give me the permission, though Summer's schedule must be tight.

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 02 Jun 2011, 23:55

Blazius Post # 14 | Friday, 03 Jun 2011 - 00:29
And where and when do you think would be the best to try to reach her? I'm a total noob and you are always better informed regarding these things so if you could give me a few advice I'd really appreciate that. My chances to speak with Summer influence if I'm going or not so I would like to increase my chances in any possible way.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 15 | Friday, 03 Jun 2011 - 00:35
Quote (Blazius)
And where and when do you think would be the best to try to reach her? I'm a total noob and you are always better informed regarding these things so if you could give me a few advice I'd really appreciate that. My chances to speak with Summer influence if I'm going or not so I would like to increase my chances in any possible way.

Gold ticket members have a meet and greet with all the actors on Friday after the opening ceremony; this was confirmed by organizator Sean Harris. He said it was an "opportunity to have greater interaction with [guests]."
During the meet and greet there are tables for ~10 persons and each attendee comes to the table for a few minutes and you can talk to him. After a few minutes they switch tables. This is an opportunity to talk freely to Summer Glau (and Thomas Dekker), for gold tickets holders only.

There's definitely a standard format for Starfury events. You can expect the following:

Friday
3pm to 7.30pm - Registration, and the sales desks are open where you can buy your 10x8s and photo sessions with the guests
Evening (usually between 7.30pm and 8.30pm) - Opening Ceremony
After Opening Ceremony - Meet & Greet for Gold Ticket holders, and a party

Saturday
Mornings - Photo sessions
Lunchtime - Q&A sessions
Afternoon - Autograph sessions
Evening (around 7.30pm) - Fancy dress at the sci fi events
9pm ish - Party

Sunday
Mornings - Photo sessions
Lunchtime - Q&A sessions
Afternoon - Autograph sessions