menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Jack Abbernathy in Mammoth
Jack Abbernathy in Mammoth
FordStaff Post # 31 | Sunday, 13 Nov 2011 - 03:26
Group: Friends
Sure, making her an impenetrable Coltan alloy armor with strengthening motors for the limbs and machine guns on it with flame throwers and rockets on the back so she can rip anybody to shreds or training her as a Sith Lord so she can Force choke anybody or use the Force to hurl a building on them would be the best solution. But I can't do it so she is in constant danger while she is alone.

My god, what on earth do you think Summer is doing in her spare time?

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Blazius Post # 32 | Sunday, 13 Nov 2011 - 04:23
Quote (FordStaff)

OK, maybe we can leave out the flame throwers, they only have limited range anyway, machine guns or the limbs can handle everything up close anyway biggrin

I just worry for the Glaudess, there are so many evil things in the world cry

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

FordStaff Post # 33 | Sunday, 13 Nov 2011 - 11:59
I just worry for the Glaudess, there are so many evil things in the world cry

And I thought I was the cynic out of us. I think she will do quite fine. I sure hope I am right.

Just watched Mammoth and it seems that they are dialing up the camp factor even more in these Syfy original movies than previously. They were clearly trying to be campy in the movie and it is actually almost an improvement over unintentionally campy SyFy original movies. Still horrible , but that is a forgone conclusion (to be fair there are far worse SyFy originals though) .

It was really really odd seeing Summer sort of ham it up (at least by Summer standards). These Syfy movies essentially demand ham so I do not blame her. She was only hammy during the discussion of how to kill an alien possessed undead mammoth cool and she was hardly the worst offender during the scene, but it is quite noticeable when I have only seen her in roles that are not hammy under any circumstance.

I think I have earned fan status now, because there is no way I would have ever watched Mammoth if reality was otherwise biggrin .

KrelleK Post # 34 | Sunday, 13 Nov 2011 - 16:16
Quote (FordStaff)

I guess we just go a little Simon Tam on her, (her 2 first roles as Prima Ballerina in Angel and River in Firefly made me feel i wanted to protect her/her charactheres).

and as Blazius say it is a cold, cruel world out there.

we just want her be happy and secure long life smile

chrisdvanne_ Post # 35 | Sunday, 13 Nov 2011 - 16:59
Group: Administrators
Quote (KrelleK)
and as Blazius say it is a cold, cruel world out there.

Exactly, the world is full of idiots and the web even more.

See one Matthew Lane systematically bashing Summer Glau in the NYCC interview at CBR. One can express his opinion (disliking Summer's acting i this case) but saying "Every character she plays is the same character with some slight alteration (& the alteration is usually appearance)." shows a lack of knowledge and repeating this comment on every other comment in favor of Summer Glau clearly shows he is trolling.

Fortunately Summer fans also commented to denounce such behaviours.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

FordStaff Post # 36 | Sunday, 13 Nov 2011 - 22:33
"Every character she plays is the same character with some slight alteration (& the alteration is usually appearance)."

How can people even say this? River was very emotional half the time - The literally exact opposite of emotionless Cameron. I guess their definition of slight alteration means a complete change in the motivations, thinking process, and personality of the characters dry .

Message edited by FordStaff - Sunday, 13 Nov 2011, 22:57

Blazius Post # 37 | Monday, 14 Nov 2011 - 00:06
Quote (michelangelo)
Exactly, the world is full of idiots and the web even more.

See one Matthew Lane systematically bashing Summer Glau in the NYCC interview at CBR. One can express his opinion (disliking Summer's acting i this case) but saying "Every character she plays is the same character with some slight alteration (& the alteration is usually appearance)." shows a lack of knowledge and repeating this comment on every other comment in favor of Summer Glau clearly shows he is trolling.

Fortunately Summer fans also commented to denounce such behaviours.

Where the hell these idiots getting these nonsense stupidity all the time
from? You really only have to actually watch her shows or only read the plot summary on the net or something. Even from that you can get a basic idea that Summer's characters are a "bit"( I use ironic tone here) different.

Even River and Tess are extremely different characters and Summer plays them so differently like if they were played by different actresses.

Seriously are the haters have some sort of mental disorder or something?
How come they can't grasp fundamental differences between two characters?

KrelleK Post # 38 | Monday, 14 Nov 2011 - 02:08
Quote (Blazius)
from? You really only have to actually watch her shows or only read the plot summary on the net or something. Even from that you can get a basic idea that Summer's characters are a "bit"( I use ironic tone here) different.

Even River and Tess are extremely different characters and Summer plays them so differently like if they were played by different actresses.

Seriously are the haters have some sort of mental disorder or something?
How come they can't grasp fundamental differences between two characters?

i have not read any of those bashers, because they do not interest me, but i do not understand how anyone can not see that she is a greath actress, and i that acording to some folks I do have mental disorder(not that the diagnose(asperger´s syndrom it is called, have heard it was to be changed to something else) has brought me anything but trouble - where they(the clever people)said I would feel it a blessing, not happened. the trouble is like slightly to medium selfesteem problems, and distance from some that was beginning to be my friends, in 8th grade(they suggested i should go on a special school, I had to change school anyways from a little one to a slightly bigger one after 7th grade. they said I would get lots of friends, not what happened, got a few i talked with, but notthing else) but acording to a small paper book which my mother found one day sorting some old books, and asked if i wanted it. i said yes, because i was curious, I suppose they got it from the clever people, and well if I read it right, i would say the clever people made atleast 2 faults out a buch of things you should do/not do, like asking my parent to keep it secret from me that i had this disorder, which it said was a bad idea, because if i had it known from early on I could probably learn to cope with it, adapt to it. the second mistake: not to take the person into new situations, well i had to shift school anyway and to be honest i was eager to go to the slightly bigger school, not that i did not like the little one(loved it there too) so timing was there, but if i had just gone to the slightly bigger school the change would not have been so big because of my friends which I had quite a few of. but here they took me to a new school where i knew no one? after a year of missery out on the special school, i asked my parents to get me back to the i had rather gone too, and beside taking 8th grade again, i could not be happier biggrin

sorry, it just went out of control smile But what I wanted to say with me admiting to a mental disorder, I can see that she do just channel one charachter with a few alterations from series/movie to series/movie biggrin

Message edited by KrelleK - Monday, 14 Nov 2011, 02:10

Blazius Post # 39 | Monday, 14 Nov 2011 - 02:47
Quote (KrelleK)
i have not read any of those bashers, because they do not interest me, but i do not understand how anyone can not see that she is a greath actress, and i that acording to some folks I do have mental disorder(not that the diagnose(asperger´s syndrom it is called, have heard it was to be changed to something else) has brought me anything but trouble - where they(the clever people)said I would feel it a blessing, not happened. the trouble is like slightly to medium selfesteem problems, and distance from some that was beginning to be my friends, in 8th grade(they suggested i should go on a special school, I had to change school anyways from a little one to a slightly bigger one after 7th grade. they said I would get lots of friends, not what happened, got a few i talked with, but notthing else) but acording to a small paper book which my mother found one day sorting some old books, and asked if i wanted it. i said yes, because i was curious, I suppose they got it from the clever people, and well if I read it right, i would say the clever people made atleast 2 faults out a buch of things you should do/not do, like asking my parent to keep it secret from me that i had this disorder, which it said was a bad idea, because if i had it known from early on I could probably learn to cope with it, adapt to it. the second mistake: not to take the person into new situations, well i had to shift school anyway and to be honest i was eager to go to the slightly bigger school, not that i did not like the little one(loved it there too) so timing was there, but if i had just gone to the slightly bigger school the change would not have been so big because of my friends which I had quite a few of. but here they took me to a new school where i knew no one? after a year of missery out on the special school, i asked my parents to get me back to the i had rather gone too, and beside taking 8th grade again, i could not be happier

sorry, it just went out of control But what I wanted to say with me admiting to a mental disorder, I can see that she do just channel one charachter with a few alterations from series/movie to series/movie

Sorry, I didn't want to bash anybody with mental disorders. Only people with that kind of "mental disorder" which symptoms are the love to play stupid and disregard facts in order to harm people intentionally like the bashers of Summer Glau.

KrelleK Post # 40 | Monday, 14 Nov 2011 - 02:53
Quote (Blazius)
Sorry, I didn't want to bash anybody with mental disorders. Only people with that kind of "mental disorder" which symptoms are the love to play stupid and disregard facts in order to harm people intentionally like the bashers of Summer Glau.

No need to appologise, I do not feel offended for it. smile

And I agree wholeheartely to certainly no need to appologise bashing with that particular one "mental disorder" which symptoms are the love to play stupid and disregard facts in order to harm people intentionally like the bashers of Summer Glau.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 41 | Monday, 14 Nov 2011 - 15:27
Quote (Blazius)
from?

After several fans added positive comments on Summer at CBR, the hater posted this (the fisrt part is a quote from a real Summer fan) :

Matthew Lane Yesterday 10:43 PM in reply to NicholasBJ
"Do you really think that as many people would appreciate her if she did not put a great performance and proved she's a at least a decent actress"

Yes, yes i do. Sure she's good at playing that one character she plays, but she's not so good at any other character; as shown by the fact she always playes that one character.

Notice that he admits she was good in Firefly and TSCC but then i fail at understanding his logic (or is it my limited English skills); it doesn't make any sense to me.
The alleged fact that Summer Glau has only played the same character doesn't mean that she would not be good at other characters, it just means she's typecast.

CBR TV @ NYCC: Summer Glau on “The Human Preservation Project”

Side note : the post at CBR has add more than 30 comments which is far more than the average count for their news; to the point that CBR twitted again about that news today.

@CBR
Comic Book Resources
In case you missed @summer_glau over the weekend! CBR TV @ NYCC: Summer Glau on "The Human Preservation Project" on.cbr.cc/uaHWl5

Conclusion : more exposure for Summer Glau and highliting the hater's stupidity

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Blazius Post # 42 | Monday, 14 Nov 2011 - 16:52
Quote (michelangelo)
Notice that he admits she was good in Firefly and TSCC but then i fail at understanding his logic (or is it my limited English skills); it doesn't make any sense to me.
The alleged fact that Summer Glau has only played the same character doesn't mean that she would not be good at other characters, it just means she's typecast.

CBR TV @ NYCC: Summer Glau on “The Human Preservation Project”

Side note : the post at CBR has add more than 30 comments which is far more than the average count for their news; to the point that CBR twitted again about that news today.

That hater is just pathetic. Making such huge leaps in logic just so he can "prove" his pathetic theory that Summer is a bad actress? Its unusually idiotic even among the haters. I hope its because they were proved wrong enough times by Summer that they can't bring up anything better now.

Quote (michelangelo)
Conclusion : more exposure for Summer Glau and highliting the hater's stupidity

More exposure for Summer, the happier is the day biggrin

Fermi Post # 43 | Monday, 14 Nov 2011 - 17:07
Mammoth Music video. Music by The Offspring Can't repeat

You can't stop the signal!

Fermi Post # 44 | Monday, 14 Nov 2011 - 17:34
Stupid posts on comment sections on other sites are really not worth mentioning here or our time. That is just feeding the trolls.

It is not so much Mammoth discussions in this thread and there are no good way to split the topics.

You can't stop the signal!

KrelleK Post # 45 | Monday, 14 Nov 2011 - 19:06
Quote (Fermi)
It is not so much Mammoth discussions in this thread

you are right about that, so here comes a little bit biggrin

even through there is no Summer in this scene, I kinda like the one where the agents pops up at the doorstep, and the father says something about having kids, that if you have a boy - you only need to be worried about one, but if you have a girl you will have to worry about the boys in the whole neighbourhood or some such biggrin

and as I started the thread, I really like the window over the fingers scene, and her line: Are you spying on me again biggrin

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Jack Abbernathy in Mammoth
Search: