menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Jack Abbernathy in Mammoth
Jack Abbernathy in Mammoth
KrelleK Post # 1 | Wednesday, 24 Nov 2010 - 19:32
Group: Friends
Check out the dedicated filmography page for more informations on Mammoth (2006)

Mammoth Stills

liked the: are spying on me again, and the window on the fingers scene.

the party one is also kinda cute. biggrin

Chief Post # 2 | Thursday, 20 Jan 2011 - 04:52
Group: Users
I totally made a gif of "Are you spying on me?" I also made a gif of "I can't take your car." Her expression was so damn cute! She was pretty adorable throughout that movie. It actually wasn't a bad movie. It was a little silly, but in a fun way. biggrin

"It didn't seem like much of a threat. We're not built to be cruel."

Message edited by Chief - Thursday, 20 Jan 2011, 04:54

KrelleK Post # 3 | Monday, 14 Feb 2011 - 02:21
also the grandfather one, think he says something like, we are getting hunted by Mammuth, and you sitting making out? slightly grinning- or something like that biggrin it is right before the boy get stabed by a horn

there is also then they are driving and she says oh oh(about the fuel/charge running out

also did seem a little like she got a little high, then she got earplugs in her ears?

and the sligthly strange voice she says follow me(in the dance scene)

chrisdvanne_ Post # 4 | Saturday, 12 Nov 2011 - 09:25
Group: Administrators
Buzzfocus gives us the latest news about SyFy latest original films, including Rage of the Yeti or Tasmanian Devil.
Our beloved Summer and her masterpiece Mammoth (2006) are quoted in the news :

Besides entertaining viewers with original series like Alphas, Being Human, Sanctuary and Haven, reality shows like Ghost Hunters and Faceoff, Syfy also offers a long line of shlocky, campy, genre-spanning original films. Who can forget Summer Glau in Mammoth (which got an Emmy nomination for special effects)? Famke Janssen in 100 Feet? Eric Roberts in last year’s spoof, Sharktopus. On Saturday, Syfy’s latest original film, winter monster thriller Rage of the Yeti starring Yancy Butler and David Chokachi. Syfy announced their latest original film Friday, Tasmanian Devil starring Danica McKellar (Young Justice and The Wonder Years) and Olympic speed-skater and gold medalist Apolo Ohno.

To whom says that Mammoth (2006) was bad, here's a preview videos for SyFy's original film, Rage of the Yeti, this Saturday, November 12 at 9/8c:premiering. Among other things, my 12 year old nephew would have done a better job keeping the actors on frame tongue

Source : Buzzfocus

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

FordStaff Post # 5 | Saturday, 12 Nov 2011 - 09:30
here's a preview videos for SyFy's original film, Rage of the Yeti, this Saturday, November 12 at 9/8c:premiering.

Mammoth is gonna be on Saturday night also. Despite my hate for Syfy original movies I will give it a try. Syfy original movies are one of those things your suppose to experience at least once in life nowadays anyways so why not watch one with Summer in it.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Message edited by FordStaff - Saturday, 12 Nov 2011, 09:42

chrisdvanne_ Post # 6 | Saturday, 12 Nov 2011 - 10:33
Group: Administrators
Iirc, i didn't knew Summer Glau when i watched Mammoth; i was probably bored in a rainy day and was lured by Vincent Ventresca or Tom Skerrit's name. To be honest, i don't particularly paid attention to Summer's performance (and now the bashing begins loony ).

I should probably watch it again; my experience as a viewer should be different.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

FordStaff Post # 7 | Saturday, 12 Nov 2011 - 10:38
I should probably watch it again; my experience as a viewer should be different.

I would think so. I will not be watching for the well rendered plot, or excellent effects. Pretty much just ignore all that goodness and observe some terrible acting.

KrelleK Post # 8 | Saturday, 12 Nov 2011 - 16:07
Quote (michelangelo)
Iirc, i didn't knew Summer Glau when i watched Mammoth; i was probably bored in a rainy day and was lured by Vincent Ventresca or Tom Skerrit's name. To be honest, i don't particularly paid attention to Summer's performance (and now the bashing begins ).

It is certainly not the best of the movies out there, but It has Summer in it biggrin and a adorable role at that. biggrin

and the one playing the father(Vincent Ventresca), also happens to be playing the adult version of the guy that Summers role is seducing, and later killed by, in the Cold Case episode - Love conquers all biggrin that is such a sad episode cry they dare to kill one of Summers characthers cry

termi-ninja-tor Post # 9 | Saturday, 12 Nov 2011 - 19:42
Not to go off topic, but I just wanted to say that Summer was also super super adorable in The Initiation of Sarah. (Sorry)

KrelleK Post # 10 | Saturday, 12 Nov 2011 - 20:02
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Not to go off topic, but I just wanted to say that Summer was also super super adorable in The Initiation of Sarah. (Sorry)
certainly no need to appologise, she was indeed cute in that one too. I must say i wonder why i have not set up one for that movie. biggrin The Innitiation of Sarah too biggrin

Blazius Post # 11 | Saturday, 12 Nov 2011 - 20:28
Quote (michelangelo)
To be honest, i don't particularly paid attention to Summer's performance (and now the bashing begins ).

I saw it after I was converted to Summerism so I payed attention to her. But I'm no surprised, TBH she didn't have so much chance to show what she's got. She was adorable and all but nobody had much screentime besides the father and the grandfather in that movie and she could only stand there doing nothing.

She was adorable in Initation of Sarah too(especially pre- transformation) but the writers were clearly biased towards busty blondes for some reason so it wasn't her movie either. She was not supposed to be hot? Sorry but she is way hotter than those ugly blondes IMO( the main character and the main villain)

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Saturday, 12 Nov 2011, 20:31

FordStaff Post # 12 | Saturday, 12 Nov 2011 - 22:35
but the writers were clearly biased towards busty blondes for some reason so it wasn't her movie either. She was not supposed to be hot? Sorry but she is way hotter than those ugly blondes IMO( the main character and the main villain)

Wow really? This text made me laugh biggrin . I saw the cover for Initiation of Sarah on the site, and the blonde sister character is no where near as good looking or hot as Summer is (and she wasn't exactly ugly either wink ).

termi-ninja-tor Post # 13 | Sunday, 13 Nov 2011 - 00:00
It's not a horrible movie.

Is this gif too explicit for this wiki? I will remove it if people don't like it.

Message edited by termi-ninja-tor - Sunday, 13 Nov 2011, 00:01

Blazius Post # 14 | Sunday, 13 Nov 2011 - 00:41
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
It's not a horrible movie.

Its not, I'm just saying that I don't like when a show or movie forces an opinion on you like " busty blondes are beautiful but only them".

Let me decide it please( especially if Summer is closer to my ideal than said busty blondes). Stargate does it with Carter too and I don't like that either.

I know Initation is a girls movie anyway but even then what message poor brunettes will get in the end? That they aren't beautiful while its not even true? They should be more careful when casting the actors IMO.

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Is this gif too explicit for this wiki? I will remove it if people don't like it.

Its not for me to say but since it was in a movie then I don't see a problem with it. Fake nude pictures would be a concern however I think( and I think about those who advertise it as a fake and not trying to fool anyone, the other alternative doesn't even worth a mention of course) .

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

termi-ninja-tor Post # 15 | Sunday, 13 Nov 2011 - 00:55
Quote (Blazius)
since it was in a movie then I don't see a problem with it.

Thank you for your response.

However, I am obliged to point out that this gif is actually a splice of two shots. In the movie, the camera cuts away very briefly (like for one second) to show an image of guys ogling Summer. You can identify when this happens as you watch the gif by looking at the crowd behind Summer's left arm -- they seem to jump at the point of the cutaway. Whoever did this gif was able to accomplish the splice artfully.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Jack Abbernathy in Mammoth
Search: