menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summers Secret project
Summers Secret project
Blazius Post # 16 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 01:06
Group: Friends
Quote (Devo)
One of the greatest tragedies in television history was us losing TSCC.
Even more than Firefly. I liked Firefly but nothing can ever replace Summer as Cameron/Alison. Nothing. ;_;

I think the best thing about Cameron was that the writers and Summer managed to avoid making her too human but also avoided making her an overplayed character.
Cameron was totally balanced.

She was human enough to be a good infiltrator but you could feel the entire time you watched her that something is wrong, she is too mechanical and emotionless .
Summer used her body language and subtle expressions to back this up and thats why it worked extremely well. The whole character was very unique.

The cancellation was bad because it took away something unique and fresh despite the film industry really needs more of these traits nowadays in my opinion.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Fermi Post # 17 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 01:09
Group: Administrators
Quote (Blazius)
Is there anybody else here who loved Miss Halverson other than me?
Yes I think this was one of Summers best acting performances after Cameron, Allison and River. I watched both seasons of Dollhouse did not like the first season so much but I think it got better under the second season.

You can't stop the signal!

Devo Post # 18 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 01:17
Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (Devo)I don't like when Jewel tweets about Summer. It's never anything interesting. One of the last times was after Dollhouse was canceled. Yes Jewel, we know... get your own career. Really, she does that? If it's true it's quite lame because true fans like me migth overanalyse what she says and take it seriously.

I just find it annoying that Jewel feels the need to tweet about/relating to Summer's shows getting canceled, or about her needing a job.

Yay, you had dinner. Tell us something interesting or post a pic or something. Why tweet just to say she's out of work? Inferiority complex much?

I am probably over analyzing, but it feels low class.

Blazius Post # 19 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 03:11
Quote (michelangelo)
I really don't understand how such a beautiful and talented actress does not work 12 months a year; hollywood producers are blind or stupid or both.

I think partly the problem is that Summer is a real artist, not just a money hungry prostitute who does everything to get to the top and be famous both on screen or in real life.

Hollywood likes the later type of actress because they would accept every role no matter how stupid, humiliating or even disgusting is it as long as it pays.

Summer is a real artist however and she constantly turns down roles which she feels incompatible with her personality and/or beliefs. She understands that to remain true to herself is more important than fame and money.Unfortunately Hollywood doesn't like this mentality.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 20 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 09:43
Blazius, don't you think that the recent photoshoots Summer did for Esquire and FHM are an attempt to blend in ? Even if it's not new for Summer, it's rather unsual and very different from the public image of her we have.
What's strikes me the most is her clothing, on public appearence i mean, which is very different from the usual starlet outfit (see her at Dallas for the screening of LOHG). This type of clothing reflects Summer's personnality, sweet and innocent, though i don't like the "Mary Ingalls" look that much.

As a conclusion, i think Summer has found the balance between the "Hollywood whore" look/attitude and her truely sweet nature. The problem is this is not what's the best to "sell" her on the tv/movie market.

I hope the switch of agencies will help regarding her carrer.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Devo Post # 21 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 11:48
Quote (michelangelo)
Blazius, don't you think that the recent photoshoots Summer did for Esquire and FHM are an attempt to blend in ? Even if it's not new for Summer, it's rather unsual and very different from the public image of her we have. What's strikes me the most is her clothing, on public appearence i mean, which is very different from the usual starlet outfit (see her at Dallas for the screening of LOHG). This type of clothing reflects Summer's personnality, sweet and innocent, though i don't like the "Mary Ingalls" look that much. As a conclusion, i think Summer has found the balance between the "Hollywood whore" look/attitude and her truely sweet nature. The problem is this is not what's the best to "sell" her on the tv/movie market. I hope the switch of agencies will help regarding her carrer.

Her style is classy.

A very country feel, she reminds me of my slightly introverted aunt who is an artist and painter and really 'girly'.

I think Summer's style is a big reason I adore her so much. I love-love-love her soft flowing, sometimes flowery dresses . Such a beautiful woman. <3

Blazius Post # 22 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 16:07
Quote (michelangelo)
Blazius, don't you think that the recent photoshoots Summer did for Esquire and FHM are an attempt to blend in ? Even if it's not new for Summer, it's rather unsual and very different from the public image of her we have.
What's strikes me the most is her clothing, on public appearence i mean, which is very different from the usual starlet outfit (see her at Dallas for the screening of LOHG). This type of clothing reflects Summer's personnality, sweet and innocent, though i don't like the "Mary Ingalls" look that much.
As a conclusion, i think Summer has found the balance between the "Hollywood whore" look/attitude and her truely sweet nature. The problem is this is not what's the best to "sell" her on the tv/movie market.

I didn't say that Summer should change her style to be more "whore-ish", in fact I deeply respect her because she can maintain her sweet and innocent personality despite the world demands her to relinquish it.

Even outside the film industry the trend prefers the whore attitude nowadays and even regular women can fall victim to it. The film industry is ten times worse so maintaining a more innocent personality and survive in the industry is a big achievement, so I actually meant my post as a compliment rather than a complaint.

The photoshoots were useful indeed to acquire a bit more popularity and as long as it doesn't effect her personality and self esteem negatively she can use them to survive longer in the industry.

However I didn't refer to her appearance in my post , but rather to her work as an actress.More accurately I referred to something that she herself told in a few interview even in the one that you posted in the news section of this site:

NC:" A lot of times in sci-fi, the female characters are overt sex symbols, like Barbarella. But the characters we’ve seen you play, though feminine, seem much more subtle"
Summer Glau : "I’ve never taken roles that I felt were very overtly sexualized, because I just don’t connect to it."

Thats why I think Summer is a real artist. She chooses carefully what she plays and if a role conflicts with her personality she just refuses to play it.

I agree with her, in fact thats one reason why she is my all time favorite! If there were more actors/actresses who think similarly we could see more quality shows and less garbage on TV.

I'm just saying that there are less for example non-sexualized, appropriate roles than the opposite and this can cause a problem with finding suitable roles because there are less options.

Quote (michelangelo)
I hope the switch of agencies will help regarding her carrer.

A change would be the best thing that can happen. It's the responsibility of the agency to find roles for her and advertise her and they failed utterly because if they made it properly an actress with Summers looks and abilities should have won her her 12th Oscar by now even with turning down half the available roles.

Quote (Devo)
I love-love-love her soft flowing, sometimes flowery dresses . Such a beautiful woman. <3

Sometimes it's hard to believe she is a human, she rather resembles an angel or a fairy. rolleyes

chrisdvanne_ Post # 23 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 16:15
A tribute to all flower dress, lace and cowboy boots lovers :

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 09 May 2011, 16:22

Devo Post # 24 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 22:24
Quote (michelangelo)
A tribute to all flower dress, lace and cowboy boots lovers : Click to view the slide-show

Granite Post # 25 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 22:55
@ 23 - great work! Must duplicate this post to Summer Glau apprecation page !

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 26 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 23:19
Glad you like the slide-show smile
This was made just for fun by searching trough the Summer Glau Gallery.

KrelleK Post # 27 | Tuesday, 10 May 2011 - 03:11
I would like if they would movieficate this danish fantasy book by the danish authour Dennis Jürgensen. he also wrote the book, of which a danish movie was made, that not that long ago got and american movie based on it I believe. I think that one was called the first time, but i can be wrong.

this litte poem, or what it is called is written on the backside of it, it might also be inside the book at some time. that explains some important parts of the story:

There are more worlds, than there are stars.

They can be ruled by the Light or the Darkness.

There peoples can be the most thoughtfull thinkers, or the most primitive killers.

Two Realms can lay on each side of Eternity, and yet have borders that cross each other,
without these ever meet.

But if Destiny will it, the barriers in time and space are lowered, and borders floats together,
and open gates.....

The Book of Dalixam.

I think the 2 lead roles would be greath for Summer Glau, and Thomas Dekker, and it would give us a chance to see Summer play a characther has ears similar to elves, Thomas too. biggrin

Message edited by KrelleK - Wednesday, 11 May 2011, 19:15

chrisdvanne_ Post # 28 | Friday, 10 Jun 2011 - 12:29
A little birdie told me that Summer Glau might have joined the cast of Fox Supernatural Drama Pilot "Touch".
Kiefer Sutherland, after eight seasons playing Jack Bauer on "24" and Danny Glover (Lethal Weapon) will also star in "Touch". The show was created by "Heroes" mastermind Tim Kring and centers on a father (played by Sutherland), who finds out that his mute, autistic son can predict future events.

The show will start production these days, leading to a scheduled premiere in mid-season ("24" was a mid-season show as well).

Just My 2 Cents wink

Edit : this is just me making a bet, I HAVE NO INSIDE INFORMATION, don't start to go into a trance.

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 10 Jun 2011, 16:50

TheSavior Post # 29 | Friday, 10 Jun 2011 - 12:47
Cool..more Summer then! But wasnt she on Knoght of Badassom and the other film Hellsgate? She alredy has done with the two of them? Shes fast!

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

Devo Post # 30 | Friday, 10 Jun 2011 - 16:41
Quote (michelangelo)
A little birdie told me that Summer Glau might have joined the cast of Fox Supernatural Drama Pilot "Touch". Kiefer Sutherland, after eight seasons playing Jack Bauer on "24" and Danny Glover (Lethal Weapon) will also star in "Touch". The show was created by "Heroes" mastermind Tim Kring and centers on a father (played by Sutherland), who finds out that his mute, autistic son can predict future events. The show will start production these days, leading to a scheduled premiere in mid-season ("24" was a mid-season show as well). Just My 2 Cents

AWESOME!!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summers Secret project
Search: