menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summers Secret project
Summers Secret project
Fermi Post # 1 | Thursday, 28 Apr 2011 - 15:12
Group: Administrators
in the latest interview the Journalist aked Summer "...coming projects for you?" Summer answer "This one and a few others that I'm working on that I can't talk about yet."

Any speculations?
I hope that it is a blockbuster movie project this time.

Most likely Summer will try to get a guest role in one of this falls shows. It is too late to get a leading role on a new pilot this fall (I think). Prior that perhaps she will do a movie.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2 | Thursday, 28 Apr 2011 - 15:25
Almost impossible to answer unless you have insider information.
Summer's answer is also the typical anwer actors says when they have no project at all; though i don't think (expect) this is the case here.
Summer has not the profile to be cast in a blockbuster movie; movie studios prefer complete unknown young actress (see Transformer franchise).

Summer has always worked when she was between two series and i don't see why it should change.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Passha Post # 3 | Thursday, 28 Apr 2011 - 20:37
Group: Friends
But something strange in my head whispering "t5 will be great for her" biggrin

Devo Post # 4 | Thursday, 28 Apr 2011 - 22:19
I am sure she has some irons in the fire.

I hope she gets the lead in a great indi movie that gets a lot of buzz word of mouth.

Summer is such a natural spring of talent, she just needs a good vehicle that lets her shine.

I had some grief with some of the writing in TSCC, but Summer's performance was spot on and made the material she was given immeasurably better. She is brilliant.

KrelleK Post # 5 | Thursday, 28 Apr 2011 - 23:37
Quote (Passha)
But something strange in my head whispering "t5 will be great for her"

yeah they should derive T5 out of what BtR ended with instead of T4, unless it tells the story of how John Connor has a young female soldier among the many by the name of Allison Young, that unfortunately gets captured by Skynet then either returns later to try and get close to connor or Tech-Com actually captures it before it gets to the camp, for reprogramming, then perhaps at the end of the movie she is sent to 1999, Kyle to 1984 and, Derek to 2007, uncle Bob to 1997

KrelleK Post # 6 | Thursday, 28 Apr 2011 - 23:38
then after that they can quiclkly begin another one where BtR left off biggrin

Fermi Post # 7 | Sunday, 08 May 2011 - 10:26
Quote ("JewelStaite")
Having dinner w/Summer Glau makes me think two things: 1) I love her. And 2) Can someone employ her please so she's off the damn market?

Summer don't have a job
btw Jewel also tweeted that Summer Glau does not have twitter I've seen many people asking that and many belive that summer_glau is real

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 8 | Sunday, 08 May 2011 - 15:57
Quote (Devo)
I hope she gets the lead in a great indi movie that gets a lot of buzz word of mouth.

I did not know what an "indi movie" was so i googled it and i give you the answer, knowing a lot of non english native visit the wiki.

Here is what wisegeek.com says :
"An indie movie is generally an independent project from the ground up. The producers of an indie movie often must procure all of the financing themselves, which means investing in the film themselves or finding outside backers.
An indie movie may actually feature a number of mainstream actors, writers and directors who are seeking smaller projects of personal interest. It is not unusual to see mainstream actors or directors agree to work on an indie movie as a personal favor to a friend just starting out in the business or as a diversion from the usual roles Hollywood may offer them."

The opposite is called a mainstream movie.

I'm not sure LoHG is an indie movie, but it's obviously not a mainstream movie.

Devo Post # 9 | Sunday, 08 May 2011 - 19:52
Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (Devo)I hope she gets the lead in a great indi movie that gets a lot of buzz word of mouth. I did not know what an "indi movie" was so i googled it and i give you the answer, knowing a lot of non english native visit the wiki. Here is what wisegeek.com says : "An indie movie is generally an independent project from the ground up. The producers of an indie movie often must procure all of the financing themselves, which means investing in the film themselves or finding outside backers. An indie movie may actually feature a number of mainstream actors, writers and directors who are seeking smaller projects of personal interest. It is not unusual to see mainstream actors or directors agree to work on an indie movie as a personal favor to a friend just starting out in the business or as a diversion from the usual roles Hollywood may offer them." The opposite is called a mainstream movie. I'm not sure LoHG is an indie movie, but it's obviously not a mainstream movie.

It's an indi movie, but not sure if it is a good one.

A lot of indi movies are much higher quality than huge blockbusters. Usually focusing more on the story and character development than explosions and boobs.

Sling Blade made Billy Bob Thornton. I wish Summer could pick up a great role that would earn real critical acclaim. I just rewatched Alison from Palmdale last night and was again floored by Summer's performance.

She just needs someone to give her the opportunity to shine.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 10 | Sunday, 08 May 2011 - 23:48
I think everyone saw Jewel Staite's tweet about Summer today :

JewelStaite via twitter :
"Having dinner w/Summer Glau makes me think two things: 1) I love her. And 2) Can someone employ her please so she's off the damn market?"

It could be interpreted two ways :
1) Summer is between two projects since the cancellation of The Cape but has work on a short future, like she said she had at the DIFF festival
2) She has nothing at all

I really don't understand how such a beautiful and talented actress does not work 12 months a year; hollywood producers are blind or stupid or both.

Blazius Post # 11 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 00:07
Quote (Devo)
I just rewatched Alison from Palmdale last night and was again floored by Summer's performance.

For the same reason I've watched it countless times, actually stopped counting after maybe 20 occasions.

She played 3 different characters in it: Alison, the fusion of Alison and Cameron and evil Cameron. Evil Cameron caught my mind however because I think Summer needs to play more evil characters.

Like Bennett in Dollhouse especially in The Public Eye . I would definitely like her to play somebody like Bennett in her new project.
Is there anybody else here who loved Miss Halverson other than me?

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Devo Post # 12 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 00:23
Quote (michelangelo)
I think everyone saw Jewel Staite's tweet about Summer today : JewelStaite via twitter : "Having dinner w/Summer Glau makes me think two things: 1) I love her. And 2) Can someone employ her please so she's off the damn market?" It could be interpreted two ways : 1) Summer is between two projects since the cancellation of The Cape but has work on a short future, like she said she had at the DIFF festival 2) She has nothing at all I really don't understand how such a beautiful and talented actress does not work 12 months a year; hollywood producers are blind or stupid or both.

I don't like when Jewel tweets about Summer. It's never anything interesting.

One of the last times was after Dollhouse was canceled. Yes Jewel, we know... get your own career.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 13 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 00:30
I remember the promo trailer for this epiosde when we had Alison and evil cameron facing each other : cameron had a human voice so that we couldn't guess it was a robot. I liked it when we discored it was in fact a terminator because on the episode itself she had this robotic voice.

It's trendy on television to have an actor/tress plaing several characters at the same time : Anna Torv on Fringe or Nina Dobrev on The Vampire Diaries for example. And usually the actors are given credit for their performance.

I Wonder if Summer Glau would have played Alison and Cameron at the same time in TSCC season 3; i suppose this was addressed on fanfiction.

Quote (Blazius)
Is there anybody else here who loved Miss Halverson other than me?

Did not watched Dollhouse.

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 09 May 2011, 00:30

Devo Post # 14 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 00:30
Quote (Blazius)
Quote (Devo)I just rewatched Alison from Palmdale last night and was again floored by Summer's performance. For the same reason I've watched it countless times, actually stopped counting after maybe 20 occasions. She played 3 different characters in it: Alison, the fusion of Alison and Cameron and evil Cameron. Evil Cameron caught my mind however because I think Summer needs to play more evil characters. Like Bennett in Dollhouse especially in The Public Eye . I would definitely like her to play somebody like Bennett in her new project. Is there anybody else here who loved Miss Halverson other than me?

One of the greatest tragedies in television history was us losing TSCC.

Even more than Firefly. I liked Firefly but nothing can ever replace Summer as Cameron/Alison. Nothing. ;_;

chrisdvanne_ Post # 15 | Monday, 09 May 2011 - 00:32
Quote (Devo)
I don't like when Jewel tweets about Summer. It's never anything interesting.

One of the last times was after Dollhouse was canceled. Yes Jewel, we know... get your own career.

Really, she does that? If it's true it's quite lame because true fans like me migth overanalyse what she says and take it seriously.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summers Secret project
Search: