menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
Hicks Post # 466 | Wednesday, 19 Jun 2013 - 04:44
Group: Friends
Course since Scarlet Witch isn't gonna be in Days of Future Past, as far as we know, maybe we'll see Summer as her in Avengers 2, we already know her character will be there but it hasn't been cast yet and it is Joss Whedon.

Come on Joss, think of Summer for Scarlet!

I reject your reality and substitute my own

chrisdvanne_ Post # 467 | Monday, 30 Sep 2013 - 17:45
Group: Administrators
Are Science Fiction Actors Doomed To Get Typecast?

Matt Rorie wrote in October 2011 an interesting and without concession piece about genre actors.

The premise of the article is that many of our favorite actors from sci-fi and fantasy media wind up doing...pretty much nothing but sci-fi or fantasy for the rest of their careers? The author of the article mentions many sfi-fi actors, including our very own Firefly, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and now Arrow's Summer Glau.

Read more in the Blog section.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

John85 Post # 468 | Monday, 30 Sep 2013 - 18:29
I wonder what Raising Hope would have been like if Summer had been casted as Sabrina instead of Shannon Woodward.
Summer in a Howdy's grocery market outfit would be awsome & cute at the same time.

Garret Dillahunt & Summer Glau could make subtle references to TSCC, 4400 & Alphas.

I'm on twitter @LMennellFans & @JP_1085

Hicks Post # 469 | Tuesday, 01 Oct 2013 - 00:52
Well it doesn't matter to me. I like sci-fi. Does she have the potential for more then just sci-fi? I think so. But for my Aliens stories, I didn't cast her because of her connection to sci-fi, I cast her because her personality as River was similar to the character in my Aliens scripts.

KrelleK Post # 470 | Friday, 04 Oct 2013 - 23:17
what about some natural disaster movies? as some quirky science girl, that tries to warn people of something :-)

chrisdvanne_ Post # 471 | Saturday, 05 Oct 2013 - 09:14
Quote (KrelleK)
what about some natural disaster movies? as some quirky science girl, that tries to warn people of something :-)

Good idea!

As I said a hundreds time, it's unlikely Summer Glau will play a kick-ass babe again in the future.

Hicks Post # 472 | Tuesday, 29 Oct 2013 - 02:39
I thought you guys might like this. Got the idea after watching Hansal and Gretal Witch Hunters and the previews for Jack the Giant Slayer.

Message edited by Hicks - Wednesday, 20 Nov 2013, 23:05

chrisdvanne_ Post # 473 | Wednesday, 20 Nov 2013 - 19:14
Summer cancelled her appearance at Supanova because she had a screen test for a series lead in a new TV show.

While we have no idea whiich tv show the screen test is for (you can grab some ideas in the forum thread thread Misc. News on Pilots and TV Shows), I'd like to highlight that being called to perform a screen test is usually the last step before getting hired.

On the same topic, read how Arrow's casting director David Rapaport describe the casting process for the role of Barry Allen aka The Flash (tapped by Gustin Grant):

Finding the right person for the role is a major key to any production’s success, can you talk us through the casting process?

The casting process can be fast and furious. For example, when casting the role of Barry Allen aka The Flash, with my office, we considered over 2,500 candidates for the lead role. The Producers of Arrow, who are also producing the Flash pilot, alerted us to a potential Arrow spin-off in late April. I started working on lists for up and coming actors, actors I had previously auditioned, actors I’d seen in movies, on tv, on stage, in commercials, in magazines, on youtube, vine, you name it. In late July we received sides for the new character and began our search. The search started by releasing a breakdown of the character to agents and managers all around the world. We requested self tapes from actors in Australia, the UK, Canada and across the US. We had thousands of submissions. We began reading local actors on tape in July and by August we had narrowed our search to three actors who we screen tested on camera at Warner Bros. Studios in Burbank.

Source: Interview with Arrow's casting director David Rapaport at FlashFans

MattM Post # 474 | Wednesday, 20 Nov 2013 - 22:00
In all honesty, I don't really have a specific role or genre that I would like to see Summer play. I believe she should continue expanding her field in the various types of roles and genres out there and do her best with them. What she ends up playing in doesn't really matter to me; as long as she's in something, I'll watch it and I'll have no regrets about it.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 475 | Wednesday, 20 Nov 2013 - 22:19
Funny thing is that I posted this comment about Summer screen testing for a new tv role and Joan Allen announces that Summer may join Twitter. I have the feeling that the two things are correlated.

Hicks Post # 476 | Wednesday, 20 Nov 2013 - 23:09
Quote MattM ()
In all honesty, I don't really have a specific role or genre that I would like to see Summer play. I believe she should continue expanding her field in the various types of roles and genres out there and do her best with them. What she ends up playing in doesn't really matter to me; as long as she's in something, I'll watch it and I'll have no regrets about it.
I agree to that.

And I hope that she gets a new show, I've been feeling a little Summer withdrawals, I miss her on TV.
I so gotta see Arrow, I hope to try and get caught up during my breaks.

John85 Post # 477 | Thursday, 21 Nov 2013 - 12:31
Quote chrisdvanne ()
Funny thing is that I posted this comment about Summer screen testing for a new tv role and Joan Allen announces that Summer may join Twitter. I have the feeling that the two things are correlated.

Wow! she may join twitter, that is truly awesome.
Exciting news.

I bet Leah is celebrating that news with a Firefly marathon wink

Then we can have a poll about how many Followers Summer will have in her first week of being on twitter.
My guess is 3 thousand at least.
Even those who arent giant fans of her will follow because of Firefly & Serenity.

I'm on twitter @LMennellFans & @JP_1085

Message edited by John85 - Thursday, 21 Nov 2013, 12:33

chrisdvanne_ Post # 478 | Sunday, 02 Feb 2014 - 17:28
Awesome fan-made trailer featuring Summer Glau as X-23, by ShadesAtKnight. Enjoy!

I've wanted to do this trailer for years. I enjoy the X-23 character, and Summer Glau is just too perfect for the role, based on her work in the "Firefly" universe, and Terminator. I'm not suggesting X-23 should receive her own film, but this trailer is made to showcase some cool casting and what a film with her as a central character would look like. There's a couple of references to what's happening with the character currently in comics, so look out for those.

Footage and audio from "Firefly", "Serenity", "X-Men Evolution", "X-Men", "X-Men 2", "X-Men: The Last Stand", "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", "The Wolverine", "District 9", and "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles".

Music is "How the World Sees You" by Audiomachine.

Summer Glau as Laura Kinney / X-23
Hugh Jackman as Logan / Wolverine
Brian Cox as William Stryker
James Marsden as Scott Summers / Cyclops
Liev Schreiber as Victor Creed / Sabretooth
Asher Keddie as Dr. Deborah Risman
Patrick Stewart as Professor Charles Xavier

On the same topic, check out Summer Glau wearing X-23 claws for a photo op.

robbo Post # 479 | Monday, 03 Feb 2014 - 02:31
# 478  That was indeed an Awesome fan-made trailer. spot on absolutely loved It. so cool Summer would slot in so perfect. cool

chrisdvanne_ Post # 480 | Sunday, 01 Jun 2014 - 00:00
Summer Glau should play in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2. I do not care who or what she plays, I just want her to stop by and be awesome.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
Search: