menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
Devo Post # 16 | Tuesday, 15 Mar 2011 - 23:41
Group: Friends
also both stars of No Ordinary Family have both found new jobs next fall and that show isn't cancelled yet either...

GO SUMMER GO!!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 17 | Tuesday, 15 Mar 2011 - 23:57
Group: Administrators
Quote (Devo)
also both stars of No Ordinary Family have both found new jobs next fall and that show isn't cancelled yet either... GO SUMMER GO!!

This should be encouraging for Summer but i would say the two NOF stars are not typecast as Summer is, meaning it's more easy for them to jump to another serie.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Devo Post # 18 | Wednesday, 16 Mar 2011 - 00:33
Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (Devo)also both stars of No Ordinary Family have both found new jobs next fall and that show isn't cancelled yet either... GO SUMMER GO!! This should be encouraging for Summer but i would say the two NOF stars are not typecast as Summer is, meaning it's more easy for them to jump to another serie.

Michael Chicklis is totally typecast.He has been in like over 9000 copshows.

But yeah, I see your point.

Summer shouldn't be typecast though, she's too brilliant to be.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 19 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 11:31
The Omaha World-Herald wonders on a new article "where to look for the next great comic book movie"

We've already seen "Thor", "X-Men : First class" recently and soon "The Green Arrow". Of course we're eagerly waiting for Joss Whedon's "The Avengers" in 2012.

Here is one of are The Omaha World-Herald suggestions, accompanied by some ideas on who could play the titular characters.

X-FORCE

In its current incarnation, X-Force is the more militant arm of the X-Men, featuring versatile, deadly characters such as Wolverine and Fantomex. A darker, bloodier take on some of Marvel’s big characters would be a wild ride. “I would love that,” Patrick said. “They’re kind of the black ops X-Men.”

Casting ideas: Paul Bettany as Archangel, Summer Glau as X-23, Michael Biehn as Cable and — though Hugh Jackman is great — a fresh take on Wolverine by Gerard Butler.

All the suggestions at The Omaha World-Herald

Summer Glau as X-23 has already been mentioned hundred of times on this wiki and i've explained as many times why it won't happen but i like the fact that some people think to her beloved Summer.

TheSavior Post # 20 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 11:38
She sayd in some interwiew she loved the idea of making a western. Now she has. We will see soon how she is in it, but for me she is the queen of SCIFI and will ever be. ^^

I'm also pretty sure she can do anithing and i'm seriously thinking on casting her on a future book i intend to write. A modern time but a lot of special situation about fear and emotion. Something i'm working from 1993 and when i've see her performance as River and Cameror i've figuret out she is perfect for one of the main character of my story XD

Just dreaming ehehhe

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

chrisdvanne_ Post # 21 | Saturday, 25 Jun 2011 - 18:04
Seen on Twitter today :

@TVWatchtower Tiffany Vogt
Then for Summer Glau fans, be sure to check out #DeadlyHoneymoon which airs on Lifetime tonight.

I have not seen it yet but i will definitively do (but not tonight, i did not subsribed to Lifetime Tv).

Devo Post # 22 | Saturday, 25 Jun 2011 - 18:35
Quote (michelangelo)
Seen on Twitter today : Quote@TVWatchtower Tiffany Vogt Then for Summer Glau fans, be sure to check out #DeadlyHoneymoon which airs on Lifetime tonight. I have not seen it yet but i will definitively do (but not tonight, i did not subsribed to Lifetime Tv).

I really liked it, Summer's cryptic performance was perfectly ambiguous. I went through a range of feelings towards the character of Lindsay, just the way I am sure the director intended.

Also, I love a happy ending. tongue

Blazius Post # 23 | Monday, 27 Jun 2011 - 19:44
Quote (Devo)
I really liked it, Summer's cryptic performance was perfectly ambiguous. I went through a range of feelings towards the character of Lindsay, just the way I am sure the director intended.

Also, I love a happy ending.

I agree completely! First I feared how Summer would fare in a romantic movie,but its Glauistic!

Also,the ending is huge, I recommend it to everybody!

BTW I'm a huge fan of Star Wars, so I would like to see Summer as an evil Dark Lord of the Sith like Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine!

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 24 | Monday, 27 Jun 2011 - 19:51
Quote (Blazius)
I would like to see Summer as an evil Dark Lord of the Sith like Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine!

We could have seen that on The Cape from what we saw on the final episodes.

My version of Evil Orwell/Chimera :

Attachments: 1821346.jpg(131.8 Kb)

Blazius Post # 25 | Monday, 27 Jun 2011 - 20:25
Now she only needs a pair of blood red lightsabers and we are fine.

She is staring just like a Sith, I would like to see her Force choking an Imperial officer to death(Apology accepted, Captain Needa!)

Bennett Halverson would be a good basis for a Sith personality given her love for philosophy and of course the torturing of Echo out of revenge. Her experience with River Tam could help her at the lightsaber duels.

The SW universe lacks Summer-type female characters anyway. Leia always needed rescuing as did Amidala. There weren't female Siths either only in the Expanded Universe(books,comics,games) but they were only half naked bitches anyway. Summer could do justice to the female characters of SW and because its a popular franchise it would help with her popularity too.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 26 | Monday, 27 Jun 2011 - 20:35
Quote (Blazius)
Now she only needs a pair of blood red lightsabers and we are fine.

As you wish :

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 27 Jun 2011, 20:38

Blazius Post # 27 | Monday, 27 Jun 2011 - 20:52
Awesome! All hails Darth Glau, Empress of the Universe!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 28 | Saturday, 02 Jul 2011 - 21:20
Jessica Alba is awaiting a happy event. Congratulations to her and her family!

But at the same time that means she won't be available for a new film, meaning one more opportunity for Summer Glau... biggrin biggrin biggrin

I'm despicable, i know...

Blazius Post # 29 | Wednesday, 27 Jul 2011 - 17:58
Considering that the fans of Summer Glau are not that too distant from the fans of Star Wars I would like to suggest a ideal role for Summer so I and the others who interested in both Summer and SW and would like to merge their fandom could have a good time. George Lucas has plans for a live action TV series which will focus on minor characters between Episode III and Episode IV.

Here is a link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_live-action_TV_series

The thing is that while he wants to have occasional cameos for the movie characters and actors he will focus on minor characters and actors with lesser profiles. Summer should definitely try an audition. I can see no reason why she couldn't get the role of a random Jedi for example who runs from Order 66 and Vaders Jedi purge.

The problem is that Lucas can't continue with it at the moment because he has financial problems, but that doesn't mean that he won't do it at all considering that SW is still popular enough to make the show a success . This may mean that he will hire "cheaper" not that high profile actors so why not Summer? Anyway I think Summer should use this opportunity but lets see what our more proficient members in the field of movie marketing say about it.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 30 | Wednesday, 27 Jul 2011 - 18:14
I'm sure you would start to develop an expertise in a particular field if you would spent 18 hours a day scanning the net and reading entertainment-oriented articles like i do.

That said, i wish Summer could take a little distance with genre roles, at least on tv. I'm fan of scifi in general and a huge fan of Summer in this genre but i think that it's too niche for Summer, or at least for i would like Summer to accomplish. Maybe (big maybe) this is why she seemed to hesitate before accepting the guest star role in Alphas.

I wouldn't mind Summer playing scifi roles in movies like what Zoe Zaldana, Olivia Wilde do or Jessica Alba or Angelina Jolie have done. But not on (low) profile sci tv shows. I think this would not be a good advice and i would tell her manager if i had him in front of me. Knights of Badassdom seems to "overperform" compared to its original goals, it could be the door to mainstream productions. One can dream.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
Search: