menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Do you want a personal blog?
Do you want a personal blog?
Fermi Post # 1 | Sunday, 21 Nov 2010 - 14:34
Group: Administrators
We have blog features at this new site. Members can get their own blog
for example Fermis blog http://www.summer-glau.com/blog/fermi/1-0-3

Rules for the blogs:

• Advertise your blogs in a correct way. Advertising links leading to this wiki on other fan sites/sub reddits has lead to annoyance. Summer Glau Wiki has rules against spamming and advertising when our members do the same on other sites they'll just give our site a bad reputation.
  • Blogs entries should be on topic. Same unwritten rule used on the discussion board also applies on the blogs. It is OK if some posts are off topic but the majority of the submissions should be related (in some way) to the main topic of the site.
  • Don't use too wide elements in your blog entries. (See attachment)

The Administration reserves the right to change these rules.
Contact us if you want a blog and we will create a blog for you

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2 | Thursday, 23 Jun 2011 - 07:50
I have a question : are the page views and visitors of these blogs included in the overall numbers of the Wiki?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Fermi Post # 3 | Thursday, 23 Jun 2011 - 08:24
Quote (michelangelo)
I have a question : are the page views and visitors of these blogs included in the overall numbers of the Wiki?

yes

Fermi Post # 4 | Friday, 07 Oct 2011 - 13:42
I'm bumping this thread to advertise this awesome Summer Glau Wiki feature for the new members. Did you know it is possible to have your own personal blog here?

If you think that sounds like an awesome idea just send me a pm and I'll create the blog for you.

Message edited by Fermi - Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011, 22:34

chrisdvanne_ Post # 5 | Saturday, 08 Oct 2011 - 00:56
As i already said, my blog is mostly an experimentaion field regarding the goals i have for myself and for the Summer Glau Wiki. But that type of blog is really easy to start and to run; it's as easy as posting messages in the forum but you have slighly improved edition and layout options.

It's a good way to start blogging without the fear of making mistakes : correcting things is very easy and there is no visible trace of editing like in the forum. And you're free to post about any suject you want, as long as you respect the same policy as in the Wiki (no paparazzi, no violence,...).

I highly recommend it and of course i'm there to help if necessary.

The1Russter Post # 6 | Sunday, 09 Oct 2011 - 17:56
Group: Writer
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested, but I haven't got the first idea of what to blog about.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Fermi Post # 7 | Sunday, 09 Oct 2011 - 20:25
Quote (The1Russter)
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested,

If you want to make a blogpost click the "add new entry" link on the top left corner of your new blog.

http://summer-glau.com/blog/the1russter_39_s_blog/1-0-4

Quote (The1Russter)
but I haven't got the first idea of what to blog about.

Summer Glau?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 8 | Sunday, 09 Oct 2011 - 23:57
Quote (The1Russter)
but I haven't got the first idea of what to blog about.

You're a creator, advertise your work; you can create a blog post titled (for example):
Looking for a good fanfiction about TSCC continuation ? or
Looking for a good Jameron fanfiction?
and then post a message introducing Reunion like you did in the Readers Club on the forum with link to FF.net
Chances are that a Google search will point to this post and bring you new visitors.

A tweet or a forum message are like chit chat : they're lost forever. Whereas a blog post is like an article or a book : it's here to stay and can reach more people on the long term.

You tweet a lot about what you like but not everyone has a twitter account; a tweet like the following one could be easely turned into a blog post by adding a picture or a video :
The1Russter
Spent afternoon watching Master & Commander while editing my story. Very good movie.

The1Russter Post # 9 | Monday, 10 Oct 2011 - 03:14
Maybe i could do that, and I have thought of it, have a blog centered around my story/stories and the others that I like.

But I haven't a clue how to set one up or update it w/o losing stuff. Computer literate - yes. Internet literate - yes/no depending on subtopic. Blogging - no, niet, nada, zip, zero, zilch, absolutely clueless.

The1Russter Post # 10 | Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011 - 19:12
Quote (Fermi)
Quote (The1Russter)I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested, If you want to make a blogpost click the "add new entry" link on the top left corner of your new blog. http://summer-glau.com/blog/the1russter_39_s_blog/1-0-4 Quote (The1Russter) but I haven't got the first idea of what to blog about. Summer Glau?

If I were to begin this blog, would I be able to delete the content if I didn't like the results?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 11 | Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011 - 19:34
Quote (The1Russter)
If I were to begin this blog, would I be able to delete the content if I didn't like the results?

I don't have the option to delete a blog post, but i can edit (and delete) the content as much as i want (and no mention appear at the bottom); i do this very frequently. You can even edit the title.

Fermi Post # 12 | Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011 - 22:45
Quote (The1Russter)
would I be able to delete the content if I didn't like the results?

You can edit the blog or ask me to delete it.

Edit: I updated the rules for blogs in the OP post.

Fermi Post # 13 | Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011 - 11:48
The blogging feature will be reviewed not sure we going offer this opportunity to members. Meanwhile no one will be able to add blogs

chrisdvanne_ Post # 14 | Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011 - 18:35
What with this new sorting of blogs? Can we add new entries or not?

Fermi Post # 15 | Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011 - 19:57
Quote (michelangelo)
What with this new sorting of blogs? Can we add new entries or not?

The blog module will be kept as a complement to the main news module and will be used for fanfiction, fanart, nice articles/reviews, announcing gallery updates, or news and info that is not considered important enough to be posted on the main page. There will not be any personal blogs or blogging permissions, all active members will be able to add their own contributions after moderating. I'm moving all relevant entries to the category called "Summer Glau fan blog" that going to be used for that purpose. The other posts will be kept in an off-topic category.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Do you want a personal blog?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: