menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Summer Glau Hover Hand pics
Summer Glau Hover Hand pics
JesseRolufs Post # 31 | Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011 - 09:23
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)

But you're wright, Jesse may have killed the Hover Hand movement.

It's a movement now? And I killed it? Woops.

Quote (Blazius)

BTW congrats to Jesse! I think that photo was a great idea.

I thought it was funny as well.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 32 | Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011 - 09:28
Group: Administrators
Quote (JesseRolufs)
It's a movement now? And I killed it? Woops.

Read post #1 of this thread, i give a few kinks to official Hover Hand site and articles on the web.

Read also post# 6 where i said i put just links and not photos, in order not to offend people.

There is a great chance that it will be taken on second degree now and that you will have imitators.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011, 09:29

chrisdvanne_ Post # 33 | Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011 - 12:16
Btw Jesse, are you a huge fan of Summer Glau or you did that picture for your friend?
If yes tell us what is your favorite character for example or how you discovered her, this kind of things.

JesseRolufs Post # 34 | Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011 - 22:44
Quote (michelangelo)
Btw Jesse, are you a huge fan of Summer Glau or you did that picture for your friend?
If yes tell us what is your favorite character for example or how you discovered her, this kind of things.

I am a big fan of Summer. When I was introduced to Joss Whedon, I ripped through all his works (except Dollhouse, yet to see that) pretty quickly. I noticed that some of my favorite of "his actors" were popping up in two to three of his works (Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau, Eliza Dushku, Felicia Day, etc). Technically, I first saw Summer in Angel, as the prima ballerina in "Waiting in the Wings". When I moved to Firefly, I was very impressed with her acting as River (especially the little subtle facial expressions that conveyed that she just didn't understand.) I only got halfway through Firefly, then got very sidetracked. About half a year later and not too long ago, I rewatched it all with Serenity. Now, I love all the cast and characters of the show equally, but Summer proved herself a total badass as River in this movie. Then I found out Summer Glau was added to the guests list of the Calgary Comic Expo, which I was already attending to see The Guild, Maurice LaMarche, Jess Harnell, Rob Paulsen and George A. Romero, among others (though Romero cancelled). My photo-op with Summer was posted here, and the rest is history.

Message edited by JesseRolufs - Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011, 22:45

Devo Post # 35 | Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011 - 23:19
Quote (JesseRolufs)
Quote (michelangelo)Btw Jesse, are you a huge fan of Summer Glau or you did that picture for your friend? If yes tell us what is your favorite character for example or how you discovered her, this kind of things. I am a big fan of Summer. When I was introduced to Joss Whedon, I ripped through all his works (except Dollhouse, yet to see that) pretty quickly. I noticed that some of my favorite of "his actors" were popping up in two to three of his works (Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau, Eliza Dushku, Felicia Day, etc). Technically, I first saw Summer in Angel, as the prima ballerina in "Waiting in the Wings". When I moved to Firefly, I was very impressed with her acting as River (especially the little subtle facial expressions that conveyed that she just didn't understand.) I only got halfway through Firefly, then got very sidetracked. About half a year later and not too long ago, I rewatched it all with Serenity. Now, I love all the cast and characters of the show equally, but Summer proved herself a total badass as River in this movie. Then I found out Summer Glau was added to the guests list of the Calgary Comic Expo, which I was already attending to see The Guild, Maurice LaMarche, Jess Harnell, Rob Paulsen and George A. Romero, among others (though Romero cancelled). My photo-op with Summer was posted here, and the rest is history.

Summer blew me away as Cameron in Terminator. After that I searched for all her works.

Terminator led me to the Whedonverse via Summer Glau. She is remarkable.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 36 | Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011 - 23:47
Your ride in the Summeer/Whedon universe is atypical i should say, Jesse; beein a little older than you, i watched Buffy but did not follow Whedon when he left Buffy to work on his new show, a story about cowboys and spaceships (???). I did not watched Angel either (just few episodes). It started with TSCC (Summer and Cameron happy discovery) and like everyone else, i wanted to know more about that fascinating young actress who managed to make me prefer her to Arnold.
If i understood correctly you watched Buffy but i'm not sure you watched TSCC; this is Summer's masterpiece so far; as she says, it's also the job she stayed for the longest period of time (even if it's only two years).
Btw the Wiki has a lot of other thread, you're not confined to this one. Feel free to wander on it, we're building this wiki together everyday.

TheSavior Post # 37 | Thursday, 23 Jun 2011 - 00:04
Yep, not so strange...i've make some strange turn either. First TSCC, then Firefly, THEN i found that Joss was also behind Buffy and angel, but also if i love those two...i've just start my research for SG other job...and so far, i found her is my favourite Actress. My dream is to become the "second" Tim Burton and make Summer Glau my personal "Jhonny Depp"...recast her in all my production XD

I take this post to welcome you here Jesse. You are indeed a cool guy! ^_*

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

Charley_Dixon Post # 38 | Tuesday, 12 Jul 2011 - 03:30
Found this in the Internet:

Hover hand

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 39 | Tuesday, 10 Jan 2012 - 19:16
Even Summer Glau gets hover-hand around Summer Glau.

Click on image for larger size
Summer Glau - Writers Strike 2007

chrisdvanne_ Post # 40 | Monday, 30 Jan 2012 - 18:54
No hover hand for Howard biggrin

TBBT Production Stills

REG Post # 41 | Monday, 30 Apr 2012 - 06:16
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Hover Hand is an awkward gesture consisting of putting your arm around a male or female with your hand still hovering above their arm/shoulders as to avoid skin to skin contact. It is uncomfortable yet quite funny to watch.

Geeks seem to be afraid to lay their hands on Summer Glau.

when i had my photos taken with Summer Glau i was quite nervous but i didn't hover hand lol. i definitely had it in my mind to put my arm around her even though i was a little hesitant as i was doing it. i am glad i did and that i didn't become one of the people who did hover hand lol. reading that article i laughed a little. but i bet there are geeks even more nervous than me.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 42 | Monday, 30 Apr 2012 - 06:51
Have you seen the part where i had to apologise to Jesse because i (and a few others probably) thought he hover handed Summer at a convention while it was made ON PURPOSE : http://summer-glau.com/forum/23-193-5041-16-1308610437

Jesse later registered to the Wiki to decribe the photo op smile

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 30 Apr 2012, 06:52

REG Post # 43 | Monday, 30 Apr 2012 - 06:57
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
When I see all those pics of hover hands over Summer's shoulder, my reaction is that all these fans have a lot of respect for her and do not want to take advantage of the picture posing situation to put their hand on her shoulder which would otherwise be an inappropriately familiar gesture.

i felt like that too. i have huge respect for her. which is why i was very nervous and hesitant. but i managed not to hover hand.

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Even Summer Glau gets hover-hand around Summer Glau.

lol nice work!

Message edited by REG - Monday, 30 Apr 2012, 07:18

Fermi Post # 44 | Sunday, 27 May 2012 - 15:36
Hey look it is not only nervous nerdy guys that are hover handing Summer Glau at conventions, nervous famous actresses doing it too. ;)))))))))))))

Attachments: 4673453.jpg(90.8 Kb)

You can't stop the signal!

REG Post # 45 | Monday, 28 May 2012 - 10:42
i can't believe this, but i didn't even notice until you pointed it out.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Summer Glau Hover Hand pics
Search: