menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Fan letter to Summer Glau
Fan letter to Summer Glau
Fermi Post # 76 | Tuesday, 21 Jun 2011 - 17:45
Group: Administrators
Quote (Devo)
I am also thinking about a paragraph about why we love Cameron so much. the little things Summer did to bring depth to her, and how the character would not have had nearly the same impact without her brilliant performance.

I also thought she did a great job with Lindsey Forrest. And I think saying something about a character she probably hears less fan praise about would be well received.

No because in the end it will become an entire book biggrin
I'll attach a pdf to this message.

This is the format I wanna use, easy to read (much air) and just one page letter.
Also I want it to be send before the end of this week (the dead line). We should focus on making the necessary improvement on the letter before it is sent to her fanmail.
Attachments: fanletter2.pdf(48.1 Kb)

You can't stop the signal!

Fermi Post # 77 | Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011 - 17:56
Deadline is to morrow are we happy? or shall we wait.
@michelangelo do you have the print?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 78 | Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011 - 17:58
Quote (Fermi)
@michelangelo do you have the print?

If you're talking about the Calendar the answer is yes.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Fermi Post # 79 | Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011 - 18:46
Quote (michelangelo)
If you're talking about the Calendar the answer is yes.

Awesome
The fanmail we going to use is the UTA as suggested before.

Summer Glau
United Talent Agency
9560 Wilshire Blvd.
Suite 500
Beverly Hills, CA 90212-2401
USA
We can not be 100% sure that the address is correct
fanmail.biz changed to that address after the Schiff Company was reported as RTS. There is also confusion about which address to use in the SG.net fanmail thread

chrisdvanne_ Post # 80 | Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011 - 18:52
This is the address given by IMDb Pro, i think it's the right one.

As soon as the letter is ready, you let me know; i'll print it on a quality paper and then send the whole via mail.

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011, 18:54

Devo Post # 81 | Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011 - 20:01
Group: Friends
I'll look again at that .pdf Fermi and see if I notice any glaring grammar errors.

Is the letter close to how we want it? Does it say everything we want to say?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 82 | Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011 - 20:14
In the americain presentation , the name of the sender (Summer Glau Wiki) is on the right not on the left as it is now.

Again , something that bothers me very much; there is 3 different names on the letter for our site :

1) The Wiki of Awesomeness on the top of the letter (paired with the URL)
2) The Summer Glau Wiki of Awesomeness on the start
3) Summer Glau Wiki on the rest of the letter

Summer don't know us; the first thing to do is to give her our name, just like when you meet someone for the first time. In this case, do you think the better thing to do is give 3 different name to your interlocutor?

I suggest we write Summer Glau Wiki at the top of the letter also.

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011, 20:22

chrisdvanne_ Post # 83 | Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011 - 20:25
If we move the name of the wiki+URL on top right, we could add a line "Dear Summer Glau" on the left, a few lines under the wiki name

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011, 20:26

Devo Post # 84 | Wednesday, 22 Jun 2011 - 20:47
Quote (Fermi)
Quote (Devo)I am also thinking about a paragraph about why we love Cameron so much. the little things Summer did to bring depth to her, and how the character would not have had nearly the same impact without her brilliant performance. I also thought she did a great job with Lindsey Forrest. And I think saying something about a character she probably hears less fan praise about would be well received. No because in the end it will become an entire book I'll attach a pdf to this message. This is the format I wanna use, easy to read (much air) and just one page letter. Also I want it to be send before the end of this week (the dead line). We should focus on making the necessary improvement on the letter before it is sent to her fanmail.

The 3rd paragraph has a few grammar errors. I have to fix it.

Devo Post # 85 | Thursday, 23 Jun 2011 - 18:32
I'm working on it now. Give me an hour or so, I have to run a couple errands and I will post a new draft.

Devo Post # 86 | Thursday, 23 Jun 2011 - 20:28
We members of the Summer Glau Wiki of Awesomeness, an online community of adoring fans, have undertaken this fan-art calendar project to celebrate you and your fantastic body of work in the spirit of camaraderie and mutual admiration.

Please consider the calendar and this accompanying letter as fruits of your labor, and our admiration and heartfelt well-wishes as a perennial crop that may support and sustain you throughout your artistic career. The emotion you evoke in our hearts and the fire you set to our imaginations, with your nuanced and vivid performances, are blessings that invigorate the youthful dreamer in us all.

Summer Glau Wiki was built by enthusiastic fans as an online resource for all things related to your craft. The site is frequently updated with new features and embellishments in a constant state of improvement. It's a great place for friendly discourse regarding your dynamic and vibrant performances.

The calendar was inspired by you and created by folks who hold you in the highest regard. It began as something members thought would bring our growing community closer together, and an outlet where some of the most devoted fans on the internet could turn their collective creativity and hard work into something worthwhile. The results exceeded our own expectations and it was suggested that a copy be printed and sent to you. We hope you find it as splendorous as we do, it was a blast to make.

On the strength of our experience over the past few months we fully intend to outdo ourselves next year when we tackle The Summer Glau Wiki 2013 Calendar.

Love always,
                  The Summer Glau Wiki.

Is this better?

Message edited by Devo - Thursday, 23 Jun 2011, 20:39

chrisdvanne_ Post # 87 | Thursday, 23 Jun 2011 - 21:04
About the changes :
* the wording of the fist sentence on 3rd paragraph is better than the old one.
* the second sentence is a bit repetitive, it could be shorter : The site is frequently updated with new features and embellishments.
* "it was a blast to make. " : gives punch to the sentence!
* better to separate the 2013 calendar as you did.

As a conclusion, nothing to say really about this new one.

My previous remarks still stands.
In the americain presentation , the name of the sender (Summer Glau Wiki) is on the right not on the left as it is now.
I suggest we write "Summer Glau Wiki" at the top of the letter instead of "The Wiki of Awesomeness".
If we move the name of the wiki+URL on top right, we could add a line "Dear Summer Glau" on the left, a few lines under the wiki name

Devo Post # 88 | Thursday, 23 Jun 2011 - 21:12
Quote (michelangelo)
About the changes : * the wording of the fist sentence on 3rd paragraph is better than the old one. * the second sentence is a bit repetitive, it could be shorter : The site is frequently updated with new features and embellishments. * "it was a blast to make. " : gives punch to the sentence! * better to separate the 2013 calendar as you did. As a conclusion, nothing to say really about this new one. My previous remarks still stands. QuoteIn the americain presentation , the name of the sender (Summer Glau Wiki) is on the right not on the left as it is now. I suggest we write "Summer Glau Wiki" at the top of the letter instead of "The Wiki of Awesomeness". If we move the name of the wiki+URL on top right, we could add a line "Dear Summer Glau" on the left, a few lines under the wiki name

I think somewhere the full name "The Summer Glau Wiki of Awesomeness" should appear.

Because it's cute and makes me smile. I think Summer will get a kick out of the name too, it's full of youthful exuberance. smile2

Message edited by Devo - Thursday, 23 Jun 2011, 21:13

chrisdvanne_ Post # 89 | Thursday, 23 Jun 2011 - 21:19
Quote (Devo)
I think somewhere the full name "The Summer Glau Wiki of Awesomeness" should appear.

I'm ok with that!

When i say " I suggest we write "Summer Glau Wiki" at the top of the letter instead of "The Wiki of Awesomeness"", i'm not talking about the fisrt sentence of the paragraph but about the PDF file. It has the following mention on the top of the letter :

The Wiki of Awesomeness
http://summer-glau.com/

I prefer :
The Summer Glau Wiki
http://summer-glau.com/

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 23 Jun 2011, 21:20

Devo Post # 90 | Thursday, 23 Jun 2011 - 21:23
We members of the Summer Glau Wiki of Awesomeness, an online community of adoring fans, have undertaken this fan-art calendar project to celebrate you and your fantastic body of work in the spirit of camaraderie and mutual admiration.

Please consider the calendar and this accompanying letter as fruits of your labor, and our admiration and heartfelt well-wishes as a perennial crop that may support and sustain you throughout your artistic career. The emotion you evoke in our hearts and the fire you set to our imaginations, with your nuanced and vivid performances, are blessings that invigorate the youthful dreamer in us all.

Summer Glau Wiki was built by enthusiastic fans as an online resource for all things related to your craft. The site is frequently updated with new features and embellishments. It's a great place for friendly discourse regarding your dynamic and vibrant performances.

The calendar was inspired by you and created by folks who hold you in the highest regard. It began as something members thought would bring our growing community closer together, and an outlet where some of the most devoted fans on the internet could turn their collective creativity and hard work into something worthwhile. The results exceeded our own expectations and it was suggested that a copy be printed and sent to you. We hope you find it as splendorous as we do, it was a blast to make.

On the strength of our experience over the past few months we fully intend to outdo ourselves next year when we tackle The Summer Glau Wiki 2013 Calendar.

All our love & gratitude,
                                  The Summer Glau Wiki.

How should we sign the letter on the bottom?

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Fan letter to Summer Glau
Search: