menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Fan letter to Summer Glau
Fan letter to Summer Glau
Devo Post # 31 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 22:31
Group: Friends
Quote (TheSavior)
This sound Creepy to me. what "she's the real McCoy" stand for? I'm a Game Master and one of my most used NPC is "Sergeant Harold McCoy" is McCoy a strange word in american language? XD

The Real McCoy is synonymous with 'The genuine article'.

This is how I have heard the phrase became a popular part of American vernacular. Although it is said to have older Scottish origins.

Elijah McCoy, the Canadian inventor educated in Scotland, made a successful machine for lubricating engines which spawned many copies, all inferior to the original. He patented the design in 1872.

It was an oilier used to lubricate locomotive engines that was marketed as "The Real McCoy" after his brilliant idea was infringed upon and lower quality copies were made.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 32 | Sunday, 12 Jun 2011 - 22:33
Group: Administrators
Bump !

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Fermi Post # 33 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 00:46
This is what we have so far

We members of the Summer Glau Wiki of Awesomeness, an online community of adoring fans, have undertaken this fan-art calendar project to celebrate you and your fantastic body of work in the spirit of camaraderie and mutual admiration.

Please consider the calender and this accompanying letter as fruits of your labor, and our admiration and heartfelt well-wishes as a perennial crop that may support and sustain you throughout your artistic journey. The emotion you evoke in our hearts and the fire you set to our imaginations with your nuanced and vivid performances are a blessing that invigorates the youthful dreamer in us all.

The Wiki of Awesomeness is a fan created website where we collect every news related to your work on screen, public appearance or articles. Every member can post pictures, videos, art and additionally make comments or start a discussion with other members on the open forum for everyone to consult.

We are not professional graphic design artists, the calender was inspired by you and created by folks who hold you in the highest regard. It's something we thought would bring our growing community closer together, and an outlet where some of the most devoted fans on the internet could turn their collective creativity and hard work into something beautiful. Although it was not easy with some of the less glamorous technical work and formatting, dedicated people pressed on in the hope that the results would be worth it. Our hope is that this tribute finds you in good spirits and lets you know that your hard work and the magic you bring to screens all over the world is cherished.

You can't stop the signal!

Fermi Post # 34 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 00:48
The Wiki of Awesomeness is a fan created website where we collect every news related to your work on screen, public appearance or articles. Every member can post pictures, videos, art and additionally make comments or start a discussion with other members on the open forum for everyone to consult.

Do we really need going into details about what Summer Glau Wiki is?

We are not professional graphic design artists

Not many people are professional graphic design artists.

Would it not be better saying something like that we did not have so much knowledge and experience in it.

Our hope is that this tribute finds you in good spirits and lets you know that your hard work and the magic you bring to screens all over the world is cherished.

Maybe we should just remove this, we already had something similar in the beginning of the letter

We should also in the letter say that the calendar will become a yearly tradition.

Devo Post # 35 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 01:51
Quote (Fermi)
Do we really need going into details about what Summer Glau Wiki is?

I don't think so. Summer may not be internet savvy but I think she knows what internet forums are.

Quote (Fermi)
We are not professional graphic design artists Not many people are professional graphic design artists. Would it not be better saying something like that we did not have so much knowledge and experience in it.

I'll see if I can come up with something better.

I wonder if Michelangelo has a suave sounding french word for art students? If you are not a professional you are a student or hobbyist, enthusiast, amateur... We share a lot of terms for stuff like that with The French and it could be that my English is failing me. If that makes sense... biggrin

Quote (Fermi)
Maybe we should just remove this, we already had something similar in the beginning of the letter We should also in the letter say that the calendar will become a yearly tradition.

That last paragraph needs an overhaul for sure, and I need to make corrections in some other spots too, there are mistakes.

If you want to state that this will be a yearly tradition, then you have to swear, come Hell or high water, that this calender and new artworks will be made and sent to Summer's fanmail every year until Summer either asks us to stop making them, or she no longer has a fanmail address. I don't think I could make them by myself to carry on the tradition, because I am not good at drawing in the first place, and would actually require tutoring in photoshop at the bare minimum because I am a caveman in that arena.

I don't want to make a commitment like that, and then a few years down the road have it not show up. Especially if Summer is fond of our gesture. cry

Fermi Post # 36 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 02:57
Quote (Devo)
If you want to state that this will be a yearly tradition, then you have to swear, come Hell or high water, that this calender and new artworks will be made and sent to Summer's fanmail every year until Summer either asks us to stop making them, or she no longer has a fanmail address. I don't think I could make them by myself to carry on the tradition, because I am not good at drawing in the first place, and would actually require tutoring in photoshop at the bare minimum because I am a caveman in that arena.

I don't want to make a commitment like that, and then a few years down the road have it not show up. Especially if Summer is fond of our gesture. cry

I thought it would be nice to prepare her on that she will receive more calendars in the future, but you prolly right maybe we should not make a commitment like that.

Devo Post # 37 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 03:28
What might be better is with this, and each years calender, let her know that we plan on sending her a new one next year.

But if at some point, we feel as if a calender is the last one, we can send her letter letting her know and assuring her that we still think she is the bee's knees.

We could always send her well wishes from the community for New Years if nobody can make the artwork.

Hopefully The Wiki will grow strong enough that it's never an issue anyway. bb2

chrisdvanne_ Post # 38 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 15:33
The Summer Glau Wiki is a fan created website where [in which?] we collect news related to your work on screen or public appearance, enriched with a discussion engaging forum.

The real name of the site (similar to URL) might be less confusing than the subheading "Wiki of Awesomeness"
"Every news" is not necessary, "news" is enough.

Feel free to correct the garmmar, syntax errors.

TheSavior Post # 39 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 16:04
Quote (Fermi)
as fruits of your labor

Can i be honest?
Quote (Fermi)
Quote (Devo)If you want to state that this will be a yearly tradition, then you have to swear, come Hell or high water, that this calender and new artworks will be made and sent to Summer's fanmail every year until Summer either asks us to stop making them, or she no longer has a fanmail address. I don't think I could make them by myself to carry on the tradition, because I am not good at drawing in the first place, and would actually require tutoring in photoshop at the bare minimum because I am a caveman in that arena. I don't want to make a commitment like that, and then a few years down the road have it not show up. Especially if Summer is fond of our gesture. cry I thought it would be nice to prepare her on that she will receive more calendars in the future, but you prolly right maybe we should not make a commitment like that.

is just me? isnt a bit scary that way? or i'm miserunderstanding? To me this sound like ....
"prepare yourself! we are going to send you a calendar each year...forever...you are doomed!" XD
Cant we try to say it more...well.less creepy?

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

chrisdvanne_ Post # 40 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 16:12
Yeah, you misunderstood.
Devo and Fermi said it could be difficult to send her a calendar every year and therefore "let her know that we plan on sending her a new one next year " is a better formula.

TheSavior Post # 41 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 16:50
Ooooo got it! Sorry for misunderstood. My head sometime got flipping with english words i'm not used to

^^ yes, is a better statement indeed.

Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

Devo Post # 42 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 18:04
My only concern is, say sometime down the road maybe 5 or 10 years, the calender or whatever project we are making for Summer just doesn't show up.

I don't want my actions to contribute to Summer feeling melancholy over a perceived drop in popularity, real or imagined. Whether she likes the calender and letter or not, I wouldn't want her to feel unappreciated. Like the saying goes, 'It's the thought that counts.' even if Summer didn't like the results of our project she will probably at least appreciate and understand the gesture.

I have a feeling she will be tickled though. smile

TheSavior Post # 43 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 18:34
Well then maybe we just could say this is our present for you, may just know if you like it.

And then, next year, we will make another "surprise"

I dubt Fermi will abandon this forum and his support to Summer anytime soon ^^
So i fell the same, and Michelangelo, and most people here...

And well...if the Plan my Team is working on, will go as we hope, we will make also something more for her. She's just one of many Actress around, but for us she is special, so we arent going to quit so soon hehehe ^^

Cameron

Me

TheSavior Post # 44 | Tuesday, 14 Jun 2011 - 00:03
i feel emotional...this is the first time i make this...well...lets go...

*BUMP!*

^^''

Cameron

Me

Devo Post # 45 | Tuesday, 14 Jun 2011 - 03:06
We members of the Summer Glau Wiki of Awesomeness, an online community of adoring fans, have undertaken this fan-art calendar project to celebrate you and your fantastic body of work in the spirit of camaraderie and mutual admiration.

Please consider the calender and this accompanying letter as fruits of your labor, and our admiration and heartfelt well-wishes as a perennial crop that may support and sustain you throughout your artistic career. The emotion you evoke in our hearts and the fire you set to our imaginations, with your nuanced and vivid performances, are blessings that invigorate the youthful dreamer in us all.

The Wiki of Awesomeness was created by fans. It has a front page featuring news related to your career, and an open forum where members can discuss your projects and scheduled appearances while sharing pictures, videos, and artworks via the local gallery with friends from all over the world.

:\

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Fan letter to Summer Glau
Search: