menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Fan letter to Summer Glau
Fan letter to Summer Glau
TheSavior Post # 16 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 17:30
Group: Friends
Ok then i will try to help as i can. first of all i'm now watching Serenity this very moment...i've seen alredy some time, the last was one week ago witch some of my Team that havent yet see the film, just the telefilm XD but with all that Summer-Talk i feel emotional and a bit nostalgic eheheh. i'm also on chat if someone need something XD i watch on chat sometime to see if someone connect :P today i have absolutely notting to do, or at lest i'm not inspired...i whant go on with the main plan, but my Lawyer still is in bed recovering from a surgery.

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

Granite Post # 17 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 18:05
The magnificent original version of Devo - processed during the debate - I'm sure the final version will be very good!

I, unfortunately, absolutely can not write such letters, but I'm glad guys that you - know how to smile .

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 18 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 18:29
Group: Administrators
Thanks Granite!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

TheSavior Post # 19 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 18:55
Ok dudes...i know this maybe is a bit long and i'm not sure if is what we whant...but i give my support with this "try". You are allowed to cover me with pitch and feathers if I have overdone it with poetry.

here we go:

This letter was composed for you by all of us, members of the Summer Glau Wiki of Awesomeness, an online community of adoring fans. We have created a gift for you, to show our love, our devotion, and to let you know that there is a lot of people out here that thanks you for all the emotions that you can send with your show.

We all feel the same emotion and it does not matter which of your great performances, we have laid eyes on you. Invariably we look at everything you've been and we love it. We think you are an actress and an artist absolutely amazing and we always enjoy being able to find some news around you, to know that you are okay and that you are working with passion.

Some of us esteem you so much, who do nothing but promote your image and let everyone know thy works, and still others are simply following your works of charity with a tear that runs through the face. We are people, fans, but most of all, friends and we met all thanks to you, all united by their passion for your art.

We will not say how beautiful you are, because you have eyes and know yourself, but we are always going to say "thank you to exist" because without you, we will not be here. We cry and laugh with you and you are always close to our hearts; our minds and our eyes focused on you. We are a large family, growing, and all because you have known how to capture each of us with your look sweet and good and with your determination and honesty.

We are not only fans, but people proud to see you, a woman who is not only an actress of great depth, but a great person! And we are honored to be able to offer a tribute, the product of many hours of hard work, jokes and laughter, that has united us and made even more proud of our work, not being made by professionals, was done with the heart .

Each has contributed to this work, which is a tribute and also a wish for a wonderful new year full of gigs and opportunities. We will always be here and if you want to find relief at times when turning on the Internet (the few times that you can do it) you feel sad, you'll always find us here, ready to welcome you with open arms and always ready to defend you against any detractor .

If our gift will sprout a smile on your face, we got what we wanted. And if you liked, please let us know and we will send one of our "lucky calendars" every year!

With a deep wish of frantic work and happiness from all the member of:

Summer Glau Wiki of Awesomeness
http://summer-glau.com/

Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

Devo Post # 20 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 19:01
Thanks everyone for the feedback and the words of encouragement. friends

With care hopefully we can pen something thoughtful and uplifting, and inspire that wonderful Summer Glau smile.

I would write a 25,000 word thesis exploring the difference in thread pitch between standard and metric bolts and their suitability for making picnic tables if I thought it would make Summer smile. bb2 tongue

chrisdvanne_ Post # 21 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 20:17
TheSavior did what i feared aka too much poetry and first and foremost too much toadying : don't take Summer for a fool. You can forget the "are simply following your works of charity with a tear that runs through the face." that your letter is full of: it would not sound genuine.
But he got some nice ideas that we could use later on the letter.

Let's start with the intro and see what Fermi said :
The intro need to be the strongest part of the letter and should in just one or two sentences capture the readers attention. The more describing part should come further down in the letter.

I think devos intro here does it well.

"We members of the Summer Glau Wiki of Awesomeness, an online community of adoring fans, have undertaken this fan-art calender project to celebrate you and your fantastic body of work in the spirit of camaraderie and mutual admiration."

I suggest this :
We members of the Summer Glau Wiki of Awesomeness, an online community of adoring fans, have undertaken this fan-art calendar project to celebrate you and your fantastic body of work in the spirit of camaraderie and mutual admiration. Please consider this calendar as poetic justice for all the emotions we had seeing you on screen.

I'm not satisfied with the wording of "all the emotions we had seeing on screen" : the same idea but formulated in a better way is requested.

Then we can explain briefly what the Wiki does; again, what Devo wrote is a good start :
The Wiki of Awesomeness is a fan created website where every member can post news, pictures, videos, art, and discussion related to your craft.

Side note : Poetic justice is a literary device in which virtue is ultimately rewarded or vice punished

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 11 Jun 2011, 21:03

TheSavior Post # 22 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 20:27
well i was sure mine was to much poetry u.u and i also knows is full of repetition, but as i alredy sayd, isnt simple for an italian writer "traduce" theyr words in some language they dont master [with "They" i mean "Me" XD]

It was to give some ideas, happy you find "something" in it XD

Watching Serenity was good but has inspired me too much maybe XD

Cameron

Me

Message edited by TheSavior - Saturday, 11 Jun 2011, 20:30

Devo Post # 23 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 21:08
I'm not sure poetic justice is the right phrase to use. It is more widely used to describe, for instance, a bank robber getting run over by a armored car. I think irony when I hear the phrase. wink

How about this?

We members of the Summer Glau Wiki of Awesomeness, an online community of adoring fans, have undertaken this fan-art calendar project to celebrate you and your fantastic body of work in the spirit of camaraderie and mutual admiration. Please consider the calender and this accompanying letter as fruits of your labor, and our admiration and heartfelt well-wishes as a perennial crop that may support and sustain you throughout your artistic journey. The emotion you evoke in our hearts and the fire you set to our imaginations with your nuanced and vivid performances are a blessing that invigorates the youthful dreamer in us all.

Devo Post # 24 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 21:14
I know that line has several grammatical errors in punctuation and I am not sure if it should be 'are' or 'is' a blessing, and if invigorates should have the s or not. cry

TheSavior Post # 25 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 21:19
Wow Devo! You are a better Poet than me! And you his some good point! My opinion is that you have make a Synthetyc yet complet statement! My only regret is my bad english...i cant find that part... "to celebrate you and your fantastic body of work in the spirit of camaraderie" ...well...how to say. Body...some people tell me i sometime seems a bit Gay...but if you say "Body" also if is the right word...can not be misunderstood? As alluded to his true body, you know ...

that is the only part i'm not fully plaised with...but hey..just maybe i'm paranoid >.>''

Oh yes..about being paranoyd...if i'm posting too much, say to me. I dont whant figure out as a Troll...just i'm having fun on this place ^^ you are a small but very laborious group, and i'm trying to fit in and being usefoul, since i'm also a Fan of S.G.

lol that sound creepy...i think too much =_=''' sorry

Cameron

Me

chrisdvanne_ Post # 26 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 21:45
I knew you were the one Devo!
I try to find flaws but it's difficult (make sure we use always calendar with an "a" ); that introduction is a keeper for me, if Fermi agrees.

The wiki now :
The Wiki of Awesomeness is a fan created website where we collect [mention, quote?] every news related to your work on screen, public appearence or articles (online or on magazines). Every member can post pictures, videos, art and additionally make comments or start a discussion with other members on the open forum for everyone to consult.

Feel free to correct the mispelling of all sort; a sentence where we explain that discussions can be passioned when it comes to your work is missing at the end, in order to make it more alive.

Then the Calendar : again, what Devo wrote is a good start :
We are not professional graphic design artists, the calender was inspired by you and created by folks who hold you in the highest regard. It's something we thought would bring our growing community closer together, and an outlet where some of the most devoted fans on the internet could turn their collective creativity and hard work into something beautiful. Although it was not easy with some of the less glamorous technical work and formatting, dedicated people pressed on in the hope that the results would be worth it. Our hope is that this tribute finds you in good spirits and lets you know that your hard work and the magic you bring to screens all over the world is cherished.

This is informative part of the letter, no need to be too much poetic, especially after Devo's smashing intro.

Then we can work on the transitions between the paragraphs.

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 11 Jun 2011, 21:50

Devo Post # 27 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 21:57
Quote (TheSavior)
Wow Devo! You are a better Poet than me! And you his some good point! My opinion is that you have make a Synthetyc yet complet statement! My only regret is my bad english...i cant find that part... "to celebrate you and your fantastic body of work in the spirit of camaraderie" ...well...how to say. Body...some people tell me i sometime seems a bit Gay...but if you say "Body" also if is the right word...can not be misunderstood? As alluded to his true body, you know ... that is the only part i'm not fully plaised with...but hey..just maybe i'm paranoid >.>'' Oh yes..about being paranoyd...if i'm posting too much, say to me. I dont whant figure out as a Troll...just i'm having fun on this place ^^ you are a small but very laborious group, and i'm trying to fit in and being usefoul, since i'm also a Fan of S.G. lol that sound creepy...i think too much =_=''' sorry

'Body of work' is a common phrase in English used to refer to someone's portfolio/resume and/or craft work over their professional career. smile

One thing I am trying not to do is tell Summer how incredibly beautiful I think she is physically. Yes, Summer is gorgeous, but there are millions of gorgeous women in the world. What draws me to her characters is the nuance and feeling Summer puts into them. She is a very thoughtful and detailed performer who has a natural grace and charm that can only come from the soul within. You can see that spark in interviews, she is filled with youthful exuberance and tenured strength. She is The Real McCoy.

TheSavior Post # 28 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 22:05
Quote (Devo)
sorry 'Body of work' is a common phrase in English used to refer to someone's portfolio/resume and/or craft work over their professional career. One thing I am trying not to do is tell Summer how incredibly beautiful I think she is physically. Yes, Summer is gorgeous, but there are millions of gorgeous women in the world. What draws me to her characters is the nuance and feeling Summer puts into them. She is a very thoughtful and detailed performer who has a natural grace and charm that can only come from the soul within. You can see that spark in interviews, she is filled with youthful exuberance and tenured strength. She is The Real McCoy.

yes yes i'm a bit paranoid due to my english isnt perfect. i agreed on that line.
Umm i'm trolling? if not, i'm also starting to feel paranoid ahahha XD
This kind of letter is very intriguing!
I'm positive it will come to be very good!

Cameron

Me

chrisdvanne_ Post # 29 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 22:08
Quote (Devo)
She is The Real McCoy.

The US language has so many idiomatic expression i don't know; it forces me to look after them but i improve my english, thanks for that. I also liked the previous reference to John Hinckley. biggrin

TheSavior Post # 30 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 22:11
This sound Creepy to me. what "she's the real McCoy" stand for?

I'm a Game Master and one of my most used NPC is "Sergeant Harold McCoy" is McCoy a strange word in american language? XD

Cameron

Me

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Fan letter to Summer Glau
Search: