menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » The Cape gets the 9-10 p.m monday slot, after Chuck
The Cape gets the 9-10 p.m monday slot, after Chuck
chrisdvanne_ Post # 16 | Sunday, 28 Nov 2010 - 23:25
Group: Administrators
I think anything can happen; who would have figured NBC's 2011 schedule with The Event hiatus and The Cape taking his time slot ?

The ideal scenario would be NBC deciding not to air the 12 remaining episodes of The Event on February 28th and letting The Cape go for all 13 episodes; I think this is possible if The Cape has good ratings (in NBC's exec mind).

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 17 | Monday, 29 Nov 2010 - 00:10
It's important to point out articles about The Event like you do Fermi. What will happen to this show is crucial for The Cape's future.

And you know what? TVbytheNumbers has just moved The Event from the Bubble Show category to the Likely to be Canceled category :

Source

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 29 Nov 2010, 01:50

chrisdvanne_ Post # 18 | Thursday, 09 Dec 2010 - 01:48
The Cape premieres in one month. Be prepared!

Fermi Post # 19 | Thursday, 09 Dec 2010 - 10:55
Great looking forward to it. I hope they will release some sneak peaks soon

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 20 | Saturday, 18 Dec 2010 - 00:47
I think it might be confusing for viewers to see everywhere that The Cape premieres Sunday, January 9th, even if it’s correct.
Some could believe that The Cape airs on Sunday wich is not correct; its regular time period is Monday.

A better (if shorter) annouce in my opinion should be :
The Cape premieres with a two-hour episode on Sunday, January 9th .The following day (Monday) they repeat both the pilot and the 2nd episode with new episodes starting in its regular time period on Monday, January 17th.

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 19 Dec 2010, 00:36

chrisdvanne_ Post # 21 | Monday, 20 Dec 2010 - 00:13
Someone please help !
I have seen the following comment at Eonline (message and link bellow) but for some reason i can't post an answer; could someone post a reply quoting my message above or the following :
Starting date quoted by Cape creator Tom Wheeler :
"The Cape premiere Sunday, January 9th and the following day (Monday) they repeat both the pilot and the 2nd episode. The following Monday (January 17th) at 9 you will see Episode 3." "

Chris Sun, Dec 19, 2010, 12:46 PM
I guess they have no hope for The Cape. They're putting it on Sunday.

Get Our 2011 Winter TV Premiere Dates Calendar!

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 20 Dec 2010, 00:15

Fermi Post # 22 | Monday, 20 Dec 2010 - 00:47
Quote (michelangelo)
Someone please help !
I have seen the following comment at Eonline (message and link bellow) but for some reason i can't post an answer; could someone post a reply quoting my message above or the following :
Starting date quoted by Cape creator Tom Wheeler :
"The Cape premiere Sunday, January 9th and the following day (Monday) they repeat both the pilot and the 2nd episode. The following Monday (January 17th) at 9 you will see Episode 3." "

Chris Sun, Dec 19, 2010, 12:46 PM

Get Our 2011 Winter TV Premiere Dates Calendar!

I get a redirect loop error when pressing that link. Clearing cache does not help.

you mean that they have changed the schedule from Monday to Sunday?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 23 | Monday, 20 Dec 2010 - 00:58
The redirect loop error is due to the fact that you can't access Eonline unless you have an american IP (at least that's what i have experienced). Personnally, i use a proxy to access the site.

What i'm saying is the official schedule says The Cape premieres on Sunday, therefore an average viewer (like this "chris" i'm quoting) think that the regular time slot is Sunday, whereas we know it's Monday. I have seen that mistake on several sites and that's why i wanted to alert you.

Fermi Post # 24 | Monday, 20 Dec 2010 - 01:25
I made a post there my comment was sent to the moderators for review.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 25 | Monday, 20 Dec 2010 - 01:43
Glad you get what i was talking about and could post a comment to rectify it Fermi.

I'm afraid this could be a problem for non hard-core fans. They could miss the Sunday premiere because they don't watch tv at this time but they could also miss the Monday repeat because they don't know about it.
I'm wondering if NBC execs know about this and how they could find a remedy to it.

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 20 Dec 2010, 01:44

chrisdvanne_ Post # 26 | Monday, 20 Dec 2010 - 02:18
Sorry to focus again on this scheduling misunderstanding but i think it's very important; hard-core fans like us won't miss the premiere (whether it will be on Sunday or on Monday) but the audience that makes a show has 8 millions viewers instead of 5 millions might miss it.

Digitalspy.com is doing a better job than Eonline but still not correct because they said "the first episode" instead of "the first two episodes"

The Cape will launch with a two-hour premiere on January 9. The first episode will be repeated in the show's regular timeslot at 9/8c the following Monday

The only good way is Wheeler's comment (the one you used at Eonline).

chrisdvanne_ Post # 27 | Monday, 20 Dec 2010 - 20:59
There are some pretty strange things going on in the web lately :

• Summer-glau.net got hacked several times this weekend.

• A guy named Chris (conveniently a fan of The Event) keep posting anti-Summer comments at SpoilerTV.com
    Ask Matt - Various Shows - 20th December 2010
    I am not watching The Cape because 1:When The Event Is finally cancled after NBC Killed It with long hituas
    I want to wash my hands of NBC and 2:I can make you all I bet that Summer Glau Is not In the show very
    much.If she was you would think she would have more a pressence In promos.This Is like Amy Acker In
    Happy Town.Cast her In the hope of getting some Whedon Fans to watch and then give her very little on
    screen time.

The Cape - 2 Promos - Another Orwell & Killers
    Chris says : "Will I see they can finally be bothered to show Summer Glau In Promos.And they are going to use a bit of ass kicking Summer In the show."

The Cape - 1.01 - 'Pilot' Promo 2
    Chris says : "Yet again another promo without a sign of Summer Glau.Doesn't bode well for her Involement with the show."

The Cape - New Promotional Photos
    Chris says : Something tells me Summer Glau only has a small part on the series.Just consider how little you see her In Promos.

• Another Chris (the same ?) post this at Eonline.com

Am i being paranoid? Maybe...

•  
    Fermi Post # 28 | Monday, 20 Dec 2010 - 21:27
    Quote (michelangelo)
    Am i being paranoid? Maybe..

yes!!

Chris is a common name. I dont see how these comment are strange, it has in fact been very little Glau in the promos, but I think he is wrong because she is a lead actress. Actually it has been very little of all characters except The Cape.

What has this to do with Summer-glau.net got hacked? Websites often gets hacked just because there are weaknesses in their security it might not have anything to do with the topic of the site.

btw be careful reposting comments you dont like from other boards in quotes here. As those might be against the conduct here, in this case it was not.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 29 | Tuesday, 28 Dec 2010 - 08:23
    Quote (Fermi)
    Great looking forward to it. I hope they will release some sneak peaks soon

I keep seeing everywhere a so-called Sneak Peek of The Cape video (like here for example : Link here) but it's just the old Behind-The-Scene video we have already seen. Good preview video though.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 30 | Tuesday, 28 Dec 2010 - 08:40
    Another thing that i keep seeing everywhere and that makes me angry :
    TV sites completely forget the Monday 10th repeat of the two-hour Sunday 9th premiere, when they annouce the new year schedule sad

This time i informed tvbythenumbers who reported the Sunday premiere and then skipped to Monday 17th, saying :

Monday, January 17, 2011 9:00 The Cape (timeslot premiere)

That is not correct because the timeslot premiere is Monday 10th and not Monday 17th.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » The Cape gets the 9-10 p.m monday slot, after Chuck
    Search: