menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » The Cape gets the 9-10 p.m monday slot, after Chuck
The Cape gets the 9-10 p.m monday slot, after Chuck
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Monday, 15 Nov 2010 - 22:17
Group: Administrators
YEAHH!

Source here

This is the greatest news of the year!
I have to leave you because i'm too exited and need to recover.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 15 Nov 2010, 22:34

Fermi Post # 2 | Monday, 15 Nov 2010 - 22:32
yahoo yahoo yahoo yahoo yahoo

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 3 | Monday, 15 Nov 2010 - 23:23
Ok time to analyse NBC's schedule now that we have cooled off a little.

Mondays
8-9 p.m. Chuck
9-10 p.m. The Cape (premiere with a two-hour episode on Sunday, Jan. 9 and new episodes start in its regular time period on Jan. 17)
10-11 p.m. Harry’s Law (Jan. 17)
9-10 p.m. The Event (returns on Feb. 28, 9-11 p.m.; resumes in its regular time slot March 7)
10-11 p.m. Parenthood (debuts in this slot March 7)

The cape is used as a filler for The Event till the writers give it new strengths. That's not very good for The Cape.
If the execs really believed in The Cape potential, they would have given it a regular time slot. My guess is that The Cape will do better than The Event and they will have to find a new slot for it, maybe wednesday as a replacement for Chase.

In any case, the monday's schedule is a mess (Harry's Law has the same treament as The Cape).

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 15 Nov 2010, 23:24

Fermi Post # 4 | Tuesday, 16 Nov 2010 - 00:03
gorramit The Event returns 28 feb. I hope that The Cape will not go on a hiatus after only 8 ep. Switching nights cannot be so good either sad

chrisdvanne_ Post # 5 | Tuesday, 16 Nov 2010 - 01:10
Let's remember how The Cape was picked up by NBC : the list of newly picked up shows kept growing but without any signs of the Cape.
Then 4 or 5 shows remained to be selected and The Cape was the last to be picked up. And that only because Heroes didn't get 10 more episodes to give a proper closure to the story.
It's a little miracle to have The Cape on the freshman shows list. You cannot expect from NBC execs to give The Cape the red carpet treatment.

I think we should be glad to have it finally air on the best time slot possible, even for a few weeks only; then it's up to the us viewers.

Fermi Post # 6 | Tuesday, 16 Nov 2010 - 19:16
The Cape will go on a hiatus after only 8 ep and then return with 5 more eps

"NBC sources have confirmed 13 episodes have been ordered of each series.

The back half of their respective seasons will then premiere at a later date."

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news....977

chrisdvanne_ Post # 7 | Wednesday, 17 Nov 2010 - 00:45
It's hard to tell what is good news and what is bad news these days.
I would say the confirmation of the full 13 episode order is good news; the "later date" mentioned remains to be determined but it could be a slot freed by a show tanking on the ratings, hopefully The Event (sorry fans).

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 17 Nov 2010, 00:46

Fermi Post # 8 | Wednesday, 17 Nov 2010 - 12:40
by Thomas Wheeler posted on the Orwell boards

"I want to just weigh in here because there seems to be some concern about the Cape scheduling announcement. I just want to say loud and clear WE ARE SHOOTING 13 EPISODES. Please don't worry. NBC is giving us a wonderful time slot and a fantastic rollout with true support and that is a reflection of their enthusiasm for The Cape. They love what they are seeing and this launch is an expression of that. And to clarify: we premiere Sunday, January 9th 9-11 and the following day they repeat both the pilot and the 2nd episode at 9-11. The following Monday at 9 you will see Episode 3. I really could not have asked for more. It's awesome. It's our job to perform. It's your guys job to show up and hopefully like what you see. We're doing our damndest to deliver the most distinctive, fun and thrilling show on TV. But we're shooting, and NBC has every intention of airing, our full 13. I can't wait for you to see these episodes! Just thrilled with Episode 2. This cast is just hitting it out of the park. Thanks to all on the boards here for your thoughts, concerns, enthusiasms. I'll check in again soon.

TW "

chrisdvanne_ Post # 9 | Wednesday, 17 Nov 2010 - 14:58
May i say good news ?

The important thing is that it's no longer fans like me and you alledgings or hoping things but the showrunner himself asserting that NBC supports The Cape.

We as fans have a mission: spreading the word that The Cape is worth watching it (or at least give it a try), that the cast is amazing (especially Summer Glau). I'm doing my part of the job in every article related to The Cape i can find.

"Don't ask yourself what The Cape can do for you but ask yourself what you can do for The Cape!"

john121984 Post # 10 | Wednesday, 17 Nov 2010 - 16:05
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
Ok time to analyse NBC's schedule now that we have cooled off a little.
Mondays
8-9 p.m. Chuck
9-10 p.m. The Cape (premiere with a two-hour episode on Sunday, Jan. 9 and new episodes start in its regular time period on Jan. 17)
10-11 p.m. Harry’s Law (Jan. 17)
9-10 p.m. The Event (returns on Feb. 28, 9-11 p.m.; resumes in its regular time slot March 7)
10-11 p.m. Parenthood (debuts in this slot March 7)
The cape is used as a filler for The Event till the writers give it new strengths. That's not very good for The Cape.
If the execs really believed in The Cape potential, they would have given it a regular time slot. My guess is that The Cape will do better than The Event and they will have to find a new slot for it, maybe wednesday as a replacement for Chase.
In any case, the monday's schedule is a mess (Harry's Law has the same treament as The Cape).

I thought NBC had already decided to cancel Harry's Law I'm not sure. I hope The Cape gets better treatment from NBC than V is getting from ABC, it seems like ABC doesn't have much faith in that show and are just using the second season as a timeslot filler. I think the premier of The cape will be NBC's highest rated premier of the season and I think The Cape has a good chance of being the highest rated new show on tv. It would help if there was more trailers and promos with Summer in them.

Message edited by john121984 - Wednesday, 17 Nov 2010, 16:06

chrisdvanne_ Post # 11 | Wednesday, 17 Nov 2010 - 17:10
Quote (john121984)
I thought NBC had already decided to cancel Harry's Law I'm not sure. I hope The Cape gets better treatment from NBC than V is getting from ABC, it seems like ABC doesn't have much faith in that show and are just using the second season as a timeslot filler. I think the premier of The cape will be NBC's highest rated premier of the season and I think The Cape has a good chance of being the highest rated new show on tv. It would help if there was more trailers and promos with Summer in them.

Hum, i'll say you're teasing us.
There i news every day lately and it's hard to read under the lines for us simple viewers (not even U.S. viewers for some of us).
Interviews and press releases are just smokescreens (NBC saying they will push The event with a big promo on january or Thomas Wheeler saying NBC is fully supporting The Cape).
The important thing is what NBC execs do regarding the new schedule; let's be honest the only things to read are that NBC will cancell The Event (before or after May is the question), cancell Chase and give The Cape a try, not more, not less.

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 17 Nov 2010, 23:16

john121984 Post # 12 | Wednesday, 17 Nov 2010 - 18:32
Group: Friends
I hope NBC gives the cape a good chance to succeed and does a good job in promoting it. Are the ratings for the event bad? I kind of figured the ratings for chase weren't that good. I read somwhere about a month ago that the ratings for outlaw were really bad.The stuff I said in my last post is just what I hope will happen.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 13 | Wednesday, 17 Nov 2010 - 23:36
It's good to have you on board (pun intented) john121984.
This wiki needs pessismistic members (not too much), pragmatic members and enthousiastic members like you so that everybody can make his own mind; everybody is free to have his own opinion, to express it and to improve the debate (feel free to correct me Fermi).

I repeat, our mission is to spread the word that The Cape is a show worth watching, with a great casting and whatever you can think of to promote the show.
NBC seems to want to promote the show lately; we must take this opportunity to amplify the buzz.
NBC execs are using us by teasing us with little peaces of promotion material ? Good as long as it serves The Cape and Summer Glau.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 14 | Wednesday, 17 Nov 2010 - 23:40
We are focusing on everything related to Summer Glau and The cape of course but i'd like to know if NBC is promoting new midseason shows like Harry's Law the same way they are doing with The Cape.

Fermi Post # 15 | Sunday, 28 Nov 2010 - 18:33
Here is an article about the Event http://unrealityshout.com/blogs....-hiatus

The show have been dropping with every episode
They are worried that the show might not survive the 3 month hiatus and get cancalled after airing the remaining 12 episodes.

"A similar scenario happened with both ‘V’ and ‘Flashforward’, and on their return, they didn’t do too well for viewing figures, so it’s a risk to take The Event off our screens for that long."

But is it not worse with The Cape it will only have 8 ep and a 3 month hiatus while NBC is airing the remaining 12 episodes of the event.

Edit: Here is another article in the subject http://blog.zap2it.com/fromins....ce.html

"The network can use its late-season NFL games (including the first round of the playoffs) to hype "The Cape" and hope people tune" in.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » News » The Cape gets the 9-10 p.m monday slot, after Chuck
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: