menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Website » Make a Suggestion
Make a Suggestion
chrisdvanne_ Post # 766 | Thursday, 29 Jan 2015 - 09:12
Group: Administrators
Following the change of the site name to Summer-Glau.com and in a spirit of consistency and efficiency, the Facebook page associated to the site has also changed. The Facebook fan page summerglauwiki.com won't be the official Facebook anymore; instead, we will be using the Facebook fan page started by chrisdvanne a couple years ago, Summer-Glau.com.

But since the "likes" are per page and are non transferable, fans who liked the "old" page are invited to like the "new" page in order to stay connected with us on Facebook and get the latest news on Summer Glau.

Please like the new official Facebook page for Summer-Glau.com by clicking the image below;

Like Summer-Glau.com Facebook page

Here's how you can connect with us on various social networking platforms:

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 767 | Saturday, 21 Feb 2015 - 16:48
I do not thank Facebook angry

Since the Facebook page summerglauwiki (at https://www.facebook.com/www.summerglauwiki ) is no longer the official Facebook page of fan site Summer-Glau.com (it is now at https://www.facebook.com/SummerGlaucom ), I've decided some time ago to broaden the subject of the page to other actors/actresses and create a multi-fandom page. It is within this framework that I requested from Facebook a name change; unfortunately, FB's answer was negative, as reproduced below:

It looks like your request doesn't meet our guidelines. The name you requested suggests that the subject of your Page has changed, which can be confusing for people who like your Page. You can create a new Page with a different name or update your Page's About section.

Precisely, I requested a name change because the subject of the page has changed and I wanted to clarify the situation. People who are not interested anymore can simply unlike the page. But now the situation is confusing because the subject of the page as seen in the About section doesn't match the username and URL of the page. I deeply regrest FB's decision but there's nothing I can do about it.

I have invested too much time and energy creating and developing this fan page to simply leave it and create another fan page. I have no other solution than continue using the username summerglauwiki.

robbo Post # 768 | Sunday, 22 Feb 2015 - 02:26
Group: Friends
# 767  It looks like your request doesn't meet our guidelines. How awkward and very petty on their behalf ye just can't seem to win these days. 
They probably can't be bothered.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 769 | Saturday, 07 Mar 2015 - 14:51
I updated the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles page.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 770 | Thursday, 02 Apr 2015 - 15:42
I have changed the News/Blog posts titles's font to 'Cantarell' and changed the case to uppercase.

When posting images from the gallery, the link to the gallery album now looks like this.

As usual, your feedback is welcome.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 771 | Thursday, 23 Apr 2015 - 22:17
I updated the layout of the page for the Firefly series containing the episode guide. It should look good both on desktop PC and on mobile phones. The other pages for Summer's work will follow the same design soon. I hope you will like it as I do.
Check it out here: Firefly page

Cammy Post # 772 | Saturday, 31 Oct 2015 - 16:00
I noticed the webpage color scheme has changed too. Is that because of Halloween or a permanent change? I preferred the orange look over this one if I have to be honest.

don't bother they're here

chrisdvanne_ Post # 773 | Saturday, 31 Oct 2015 - 16:22
Thanks for the reply...and for your honesty!
The change is permanent...but only for a brief period. I'm working on a new layout and the colors will be different.

To be honest, I knew that our visitors, the majority of whom are males, would not like purple/pink colors. That also happened in the past when we had to choose between a dark and a light color palette. Needless to say that hard core Terminator fans preferred a darker color theme. But we're a Summer Glau fan site, we're not a Terminator fan site.

Cammy Post # 774 | Saturday, 31 Oct 2015 - 17:40
Quote chrisdvanne ()
Thanks for the reply...and for your honesty!
The change is permanent...but only for a brief period. I'm working on a new layout and the colors will be different.

To be honest, I knew that our visitors, the majority of whom are males, would not like purple/pink colors. That also happened in the past when we had to choose between a dark and a light color palette. Needless to say that hard core Terminator fans preferred a darker color theme. But we're a Summer Glau fan site, we're not a Terminator fan site.

That sounds promising. I just deem the orange colors more appropriate as it gives a warmer and cozy vibe to the site in general. Everyone loves that I suppose.

Looking forward to the new layout and color scheme though, keep it up !

CohenLaurentius Post # 775 | Tuesday, 17 Nov 2015 - 10:24
Group: Users
Indeed, that was a good idea.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 776 | Wednesday, 13 Jan 2016 - 20:54
I'm currently in the process of changing the layout of the filmography page to make it more user-friendly and more informative. I would love to have your feedback on the new layout.
The first two lines have been changed (Knights of Badassdom and Legend of Hell's Gate).

new filmography page layout

What do you think?

Cammy Post # 777 | Thursday, 14 Jan 2016 - 18:36
Quote chrisdvanne ()
I'm currently in the process of changing the layout of the filmography page to make it more user-friendly and more informative. I would love to have your feedback on the new layout.
The first two lines have been changed (Knights of Badassdom and Legend of Hell's Gate).

new filmography page layout

What do you think?

Looking good! Perhaps you could add an IMDb link too, or is that redundant seeing as there already is a More Info link?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 778 | Thursday, 14 Jan 2016 - 22:36
Quote Jawe ()
Looking good! Perhaps you could add an IMDb link too, or is that redundant seeing as there already is a More Info link?

Thanks for the feedback! I was thinking of adding an IMBd link but fan sites who do it do not have a detailed page about the show, unlike us (although there's a lot of work to update the existing pages).
I have made a few layout changes since I made this screencap, maybe you could take a look and also test it on your mobile phone smile

robbo Post # 779 | Friday, 15 Jan 2016 - 02:21
# 776 The layout looks for me thoroughly of a high standard!
Much appreciated great work Chris!

Cammy Post # 780 | Friday, 15 Jan 2016 - 20:35
Quote chrisdvanne ()
Quote Jawe ()

Thanks for the feedback! I was thinking of adding an IMBd link but fan sites who do it do not have a detailed page about the show, unlike us (although there's a lot of work to update the existing pages).
I have made a few layout changes since I made this screencap, maybe you could take a look and also test it on your mobile phone smile

Right as I wanted to post a reply earlier the site went off the air for a bit so here goes the second attempt tongue

I noticed you made some extra changes indeed. It seems to be looking just fine on both Firefox and Opera.

Internet Explorer 11 on the other hand has a slight issue (not very surprising though, as this is IE we're talking about. ).

Windows 10's Microsoft Edge browser also has this issue but that was to be expected as well seeing as it uses the same rendering engine IE uses.

As for mobile compatibility, here's a few screenshots from my Motorola Moto X 2nd. Gen (1080p).

Portrait:

Landscape:

So in short, it all works good and looks good but for Internet Explorer 11.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Website » Make a Suggestion
Search: