menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Website » Make a Suggestion
Make a Suggestion
Fermi Post # 751 | Monday, 25 Aug 2014 - 21:06
Group: Administrators
Quote chrisdvanne ()
Well, people who take the time to post a comment in the forum or under a news/blog appreciate when other fans give feedback. A "Like" button will never replace a comment imo, but I also acknowledge it's a good opportunity to participate to the site for someone who would not have left a comment anyway.And who knows, maybe a "Liker" will want to become a "Commenter" one day?

The like button I installed will not work as expected so I had to remove it. I'll try find better solution for it.

You can't stop the signal!

Fermi Post # 752 | Monday, 25 Aug 2014 - 22:12
uCoz has an adward feature if one press the green button under the post one can send an adward to the user.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 753 | Monday, 25 Aug 2014 - 22:51
Quote Fermi ()
uCoz has an adward feature if one press the green button under the post one can send an adward to the user.

This is not exactly what we're trying to do. A Like button works exactly like in Twitter or Facebook and rewards a post, while an Awards is send to a user. More, the sender of an Award has to close a pop up window while the receiver has a new PM, making the whole process more complex.
And I think it's not necessary to display the Awards in the user profile.

I have a question: can someone who has no account or is not logged in send an award?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Fermi Post # 754 | Tuesday, 26 Aug 2014 - 19:53
Quote chrisdvanne ()
I have a question: can someone who has no account or is not logged in send an award?
No

chrisdvanne_ Post # 755 | Tuesday, 23 Sep 2014 - 09:47
We have modified the font of the titles for the news and blogs.
The font size is bigger and the shadow has been removed for a better readability.
Your feedback and suggestions are welcome.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 756 | Wednesday, 29 Oct 2014 - 00:14
A casual visitor was surprised when I mentioned the blog section to him. He has boookmarked the homepage and does not follow us on Twitter or Facebook. He did not know the blog existed, which is a shame.
I'm thinking about the best way to indicate to casual visitors that the blog exists. Any ideas?

Charley_Dixon Post # 757 | Wednesday, 29 Oct 2014 - 08:22
Quote chrisdvanne ()
I'm thinking about the best way to indicate to casual visitors that the blog exists. Any ideas?

Maybe moving "New blog entries" block on top and moving "New forum posts" block just above of "New comments" will help?

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 758 | Wednesday, 29 Oct 2014 - 08:52
Quote Charley_Dixon ()
Maybe moving "New blog entries" block on top and moving "New forum posts" block just above of "New comments" will help?

Sure.
Making the menu bar bigger and in capital letters could help.

Using THE SAME blue colors for ALL block makes that nothing is standing out. This is a design problem imo. Also the choice of blocks on the left in the forum is not optimum. Maybe we should switch with the other blocks.

Thierry Post # 759 | Wednesday, 12 Nov 2014 - 22:08
Group: Friends
what is the URL for the mobile version of the website ? I didn't find it and I am using a iPhone.... I know that I am getting old and my sight is a little "old
timer", so sorry for the question.... thx to all.

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

Fermi Post # 760 | Wednesday, 12 Nov 2014 - 23:32
Quote Thierry ()
what is the URL for the mobile version of the website ?

There is only one version of the website.

Thierry Post # 761 | Thursday, 13 Nov 2014 - 09:25
Group: Friends
thx... i wasn't sure of that --

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 762 | Thursday, 13 Nov 2014 - 13:10
I will use this thread to inform our visitors about the (minor) design changes that we're doing.

I've added down arrows on the right of the navigation menu items that contain sub menus, namely FORUM, GALLERY and PAGES. Without these visual indicators the visitor is not made aware that sub menus exist on those main menu items. Of course the color of the arrow changes whether the menu is not selected or active.

Check out the newly added arrows at the homepage.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 763 | Saturday, 22 Nov 2014 - 13:18
The name of the site in the banner is now clickable and leads you to the homepage when clicked.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 764 | Sunday, 18 Jan 2015 - 01:12
We have improved the forum post edit so that one can edits posts without leaving the thread page. Your feedback is welcome.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 765 | Tuesday, 27 Jan 2015 - 10:35
As you may have noticed, we have replaced the background color of the News/Blog, as well as a few minor changes. We're now using an 'off-white' color called whitesmoke that make things a little easier on the eyes.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Website » Make a Suggestion
Search: