menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » Ideas to whet has led Orwell to be a Blogger?
Ideas to whet has led Orwell to be a Blogger?
KrelleK Post # 1 | Friday, 19 Nov 2010 - 02:10
Group: Friends
Ideas to whet has led Orwell to be a Blogger? there has been a little talk about it, around at the wikis, where I or someone else suggested she might be the "black sheep" in a crime familly deciding to go white or some such, or perhaps she is young woman who has lost her familly to crimminals, in a real Bruce Wayne/Batman manner. biggrin

Ideas, thoughts everyone? biggrin :D biggrin

Message edited by KrelleK - Friday, 19 Nov 2010, 21:44

termi-ninja-tor Post # 2 | Friday, 19 Nov 2010 - 04:19
What is a "crime-fighting blogger"? How does she fight crime?

Does she have a means of support, like a job or wealth? She must be wealthy. Inherited like Bruce Wayne?

And how does the Cape guy support himself? Hopefully, his family gets insurance, but he's not with them any more. Does he work with the circus?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 3 | Friday, 19 Nov 2010 - 09:01
Group: Administrators
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
And how does the Cape guy support himself? Hopefully, his family gets insurance, but he's not with them any more. Does he work with the circus?

The circus team, whose leader is Max Malini, are bank robbers during their spare time ( Source ); so if Max decided to be Vince Faraday's mentor, i presume he will support him financially two.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 19 Nov 2010, 16:10

chrisdvanne_ Post # 4 | Friday, 19 Nov 2010 - 09:37
The resistance fighters in TSCC were thiefs too, though it was not illustrated; i think it was the way Derek knew the jewelry fence.
The writers usually give us a brief explanation regarding the money issues because it's not the main plot; how can a crime fighter/superhero fight crime if he spents all his time looking after money ?
Though it might be different for The Cape pilot.

I will answer about Orwell later because i got to go the work; sadly, i have no rich mentor to finance my internet activities sad

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 20 Nov 2010, 01:38

KrelleK Post # 5 | Friday, 19 Nov 2010 - 21:46
Quote (michelangelo)
I will answer about Orwell later because i got to go the work; sadely, i have no rich mentor to finance my internet activities

yeah I think we all would really like to have one of those. biggrin

KrelleK Post # 6 | Friday, 19 Nov 2010 - 21:48
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
What is a "crime-fighting blogger"? How does she fight crime?

sneaking in, taking pics and sound from clandestine dealings between criminals and perhaps supposely good guys, and reveal the sound and pics on her blog biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 7 | Wednesday, 24 Nov 2010 - 17:04
When we heard about The Cape and Orwell in summer, my first thought was that her parents were killed by criminals ("Have you ever dance with the devil by the pale moon light?").
But it looks as though it's not the right explanation.
The reason Orwell decided to fight crime is tied to her family though as stated by Summer herself in the video in message #9 (look at 01:22)

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 25 Nov 2010, 01:16

KrelleK Post # 8 | Wednesday, 24 Nov 2010 - 19:23
Quote (michelangelo)
When we heard about The Cape and Orwell in summer, my first thought was that her parents were killed by criminals ("Have you ever dance with the devil by the pale moon light?").
But it looks as though it's not the right explanation.
The reason Orwell decided to fight crime is tied to her family though as stated by Summer herself in this video (look at 01:22)

it seems to be only a dark screen.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 9 | Thursday, 25 Nov 2010 - 01:14
it seems to be only a dark screen.

Sorry KrelleK and all non U.S. viewers, the previous is on Hulu and you can't watch it unless you are in the U.S. (or browse with an U.S. IP)
Here is a Youtube video :

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 25 Nov 2010, 10:20

KrelleK Post # 10 | Monday, 29 Nov 2010 - 16:12
Quote (michelangelo)
Sorry KrelleK and all non U.S. viewers, the previous is on Hulu and you can't watch it unless you are in the U.S. (or browse with an U.S. IP)
Here is a Youtube video :

thanks michelangelo, no need to appologise for, guess it could happen for anyone. biggrin

So Orwell´s father did something his darling daughter could not accept, and drew her to do the blogging, could be fun to know if this father knows she is the blogger that might cause him all kinds of trouble, and if he is does, is he one that do, or do not care that she is his daughter, and willing/not willing to punish her biggrin
Wonders if he is some kind of Mafia man, or some high seated politician that is corrupt. biggrin

Message edited by KrelleK - Tuesday, 30 Nov 2010, 08:03

chrisdvanne_ Post # 11 | Monday, 29 Nov 2010 - 16:32
Quote (KrelleK)
sneaking in, taking pics and sound from clandestine dealings between criminals and perhaps supposely good guys, and reveal the sound and pics on her blog

As stated in other threads, Orwell won't just seat in front of her computer as we all do but she will go on the battlefield herself.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 12 | Monday, 29 Nov 2010 - 16:41
Quote (KrelleK)
So Orwell´s father did something his darling daughter could not accept, and drew her to do the blogging, could be fun to know if this father knows she is the blogger that might cause him all kinds of trouble, and if he is one that do, or do not care that she is his daughter, and willing/not willing to punish her biggrin
Wonders if he is some kind of Mafia man, or some high seated politician that is corrupt

We have an overall picture of Orwell's backstory, even if the details are missing. Another hint from the pilot :

More, Summer said that "Orwell has illimited ressources", hence the high tech "penthouse lair" she has ( much like Chloe’s “Watchtower”)

KrelleK Post # 13 | Tuesday, 30 Nov 2010 - 08:09
Quote (michelangelo)

We have an overall picture of Orwell's backstory, even if the details are missing. Another hint from the pilot :

Open Spoiler

More, Summer said that "Orwell has illimited ressources", hence the high tech "penthouse lair" she has ( much like Chloe’s “Watchtower”)

thanks for the little spoiler thingy, the plot thickens biggrin
is it from an interview, or article? do you have a link to it? biggrin

really like what she says to him biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 14 | Tuesday, 30 Nov 2010 - 08:45
The spoiler comes from a play-by-play summary of the pilot (the one shown at Comic_Con)
Pilot summary

There is other hints coming from different articles or interviews (most of them are pointed out at this wiki); spoilers from forthcoming episodes are also available.

KrelleK Post # 15 | Tuesday, 30 Nov 2010 - 21:39
Quote (michelangelo)
The spoiler comes from a play-by-play summary of the pilot (the one shown at Comic_Con)
Pilot summary
There is other hints coming from different articles or interviews (most of them are pointed out at this wiki); spoilers from forthcoming episodes are also available

thanks for that Michelangelo biggrin

By the way then is it that the cape begins it´s run? biggrin

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » Ideas to whet has led Orwell to be a Blogger?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: