menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape 1.07 The Lich, part1 : Discussion thread (spoiler)
The Cape 1.07 The Lich, part1 : Discussion thread (spoiler)
Give us your opinion on "The Lich, part1"
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Saturday, 12 Feb 2011 - 16:23
Group: Administrators
Episode 1.07 "The Lich, part1" will air on Monday, 14th of February at 9pm on NBC

Here is the promo video :

Official description for this episode :

"THE LICH, PART 1" (source : NBC)
A GHOST FROM THE PAST THREATENS PALM CITY AND PUTS ORWELL IN DANGER-- ILLEANA DOUGLAS AND RICHARD SCHIFF GUEST-STAR--
Orphaned since birth, Conrad Chandler (guest star Glenn Fitzgerald), the heir of one of Palm City’s founders, exacts revenge on the public and threatens to paralyze and control the city. The Cape (David Lyons) and Max (Keith David) alert Marty (Dorian Missick) of the impending danger to the city, which backfires on The Cape. Meanwhile, the Secretary of Prisons, Patrick Portman (guest star Richard Schiff), aids Orwell (Summer Glau) in her search for the lone heir. Orwell locates Conrad through Netta (guest star Illeana Douglas), his mysterious caretaker, but soon discovers his deeply disturbing past and finds herself in danger. Elsewhere, Dana (Jennifer Ferrin) becomes increasingly uncomfortable with her new social life.

Also starring James Frain (Peter Fleming), Ryan Wynott (Trip), Martin Klebba (Rollo) and Anil Kumar (Ruvi).

Vote in the poll after you've seen the episode.
Spoiler tags are not needed.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 12 Feb 2011, 16:34

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2 | Saturday, 12 Feb 2011 - 16:48
Let's see what Thomas Wheeler says about this episode, in an interview at Collider.

WHEELER:we have a big two-part episode where we introduce a huge villain of our season and a great cast with Glenn Fitzgerald, Illeana Douglas and Tom Noonan from The X-Files. It’s a really great group of actors. That’s our big mid-season, two-parter. It has huge implications for Summer Glau’s character, Orwell, and sets in motion a storyline that is pretty intense for her character...I recently saw what will be our seventh episode, and I can say that I’m super-excited for that villain... it also takes The Cape to a much darker, scarier place than I even thought we could go. It just opened up this whole new arena, genre wise, for us to tackle. It’s our The X-Files episode. It’s cool. It’s really fun. I thick people will like it.

Does that villain have a name?

WHEELER: He’s called The Litch. There’s a legend in Palm City of an almost supernatural crime lord called The Litch, but nobody has ever seen him or heard from him. He just exists in these old police files where you throw these cases of things too weird, creepy, violent or scary. Essentially, someone connected to Rollo’s (Martin Klebba) life dies, but then appears to have climbed out of their coffin and out of their grave. It starts this really tense mystery, and is cloaked in this Palm City family founder legend of this Chandler family. We’ll get to know Palm City better. We’ll get to know the history, and we’ll get to know Rollo’s life a little bit better. It’s fun. It’s cool.

KrelleK Post # 3 | Tuesday, 15 Feb 2011 - 12:09
Group: Friends
Wow that was good, quite scary, then things was beginning to click together, and he reveled himself to her.

how was the numbers for this one, it should be able to draw people in, if they would just turn on the tv.

nice scene at the bench with Orwell and the prison-man, she looked cute in her running outfit ann cap biggrin

Fermi Post # 4 | Tuesday, 15 Feb 2011 - 14:18
Here is behind the scene photo

Behind The ScenesBehind The Scenes

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 5 | Tuesday, 15 Feb 2011 - 17:41
The episode was not as great as i expected. Even if Orwell had a lot of screentime, she was a bit too "static" for my taste : on a bench with Portman then standing up at home then on a chair with The Lich.

As usual Vince's family is boring and no one cares for the relation between Dana and her boss. I can't even remember his name...Oh yeah got, it's Travis.

The show stole too much from Batman to make it believable for us : The Lich borrows from Scarecrow (family and drugs) and the droping gaz on the parade plot borrows from Batman Begins. That's too much.

As usual, Thomas Wheeler seems more interested in building a gallery of Villains than in building interesting and captivating stories for the leading characters.

Rollo and Ruvi are treated smartly but Max and Fleming are pretty much useless on that episode.

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 15 Feb 2011, 20:30

KrelleK Post # 6 | Tuesday, 15 Feb 2011 - 18:39
perhaps there has also been needed a little bit more off story scenes, where we see different small fish-criminals trying to rob stores or something similar(like the edn in first episode), and in different slightly humerous ways we see them being stopped by the Cape, could be one where one stands pointing a gun at someone, and it just disappear out his hand, of to one side, the guy looks, but sees nothing, and a off screen voice asking: do you have any more weapons? he draws a knife, and it disappear in the other direction of where the gun went.

they could also have Orwell posting that the Cape stops someone the ARK-policeforce has been unable to apprehend, create some buzz in the city of who this masked person is, have Dana witness one of the little meetings between Trip and Vince/Cape, perhaps even have Trip happen to mention that the Cape mentioned he knew his father, that he was still alive or something

chrisdvanne_ Post # 7 | Tuesday, 15 Feb 2011 - 19:40
Quote (KrelleK)
have Dana witness one of the little meetings between Trip and Vince/Cape

You have not seen the last promo video, have you? Check it on the News page, especially at the end.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 8 | Tuesday, 15 Feb 2011 - 21:13
I think that James Frain was more creepy than the villains in this episode : first when Fleming looked at Portman and said "Believe me when i tell you i will kill...this deal". Then when Chess said to Fleming "Kill him...Kill them all".
Wheeler has a pattern : he hints things then he comes back to it a few episodes later. Wait and see.

KrelleK Post # 9 | Tuesday, 15 Feb 2011 - 22:32
Quote (michelangelo)
You have not seen the last promo video, have you? Check it on the News page, especially at the end

are you thinking of the one for: The Lich part2, is that promo already out?

I did remember reading a few days ago something indicating they needed the help of Dana or simething at some point biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 10 | Tuesday, 15 Feb 2011 - 23:05
We know Thomas Wheeler likes to play with names, this horror-themed episode is no exception.

Orwell said to nurse Netta that her name was Carrie Woodhouse : "Carrie" reminds us of the novel of the same name written by the master of horror Stephen King himself, whereas "Woodhouse" is the family name of Rosemary Woodhouse, central character of the best-selling horror novel called "Rosemary's Baby".

Conrad Chandler is in the room 237; well, room 237 happens to be the room little Danny was afraid of in "The Shining", horror novel written by Stephen King (again).

I'm sure there is others.

More, this episode if also full of references to religion and cults, too many to make a list.

KrelleK Post # 11 | Wednesday, 16 Feb 2011 - 01:37
Quote (michelangelo)
We know Thomas Wheeler likes to play with names, this horror-themed episode is no exception.
Orwell said to nurse Netta that her name was Carrie Woodhouse : "Carrie" reminds us of the novel of the same name written by the master of horror Stephen King himself, whereas "Woodhouse" is the family name of Rosemary Woodhouse, central character of the best-selling horror novel called "Rosemary's Baby".
Conrad Chandler is in the room 237; well, room 237 happens to be the room little Danny was afraid of in "The Shining", horror novel written by Stephen King (again).
I'm sure there is others.
More, this episode if also full of references to religion and cults, too many to make a list.

each and every one of those little pieces of info, i did not know or had thought about, even through I have seen Rosemary(some of it) and the most of the shining biggrin thank you for that info biggrin I have not seen Carrie

Message edited by KrelleK - Wednesday, 16 Feb 2011, 01:38

chrisdvanne_ Post # 12 | Wednesday, 16 Feb 2011 - 12:24
Quote (KrelleK)
are you thinking of the one for: The Lich part2, is that promo already out?

I did remember reading a few days ago something indicating they needed the help of Dana or simething at some point biggrin

You're kidding me Krellek, right? I case not, i give you the link to the News called The Cape - 1.08 The Lich Promo Video where Dana meets The Cape on the roof top while Trip is here.

KrelleK Post # 13 | Wednesday, 16 Feb 2011 - 21:32
Quote (michelangelo)
You're kidding me Krellek, right? I case not, i give you the link to the News called The Cape - 1.08 The Lich Promo Video where Dana meets The Cape on the roof top while Trip is here.

aahh thanks, for showing me, biggrin it has just been a little while since i had been there on this site, so i had missed it. biggrin

just a damn shame it has been cut short, there is only 3 episodes left sad sad sad

I wonder if she can recognise his voice, when she speaks with him biggrin

KrelleK Post # 14 | Wednesday, 16 Feb 2011 - 21:35
I Hope Orwell is going to be allright as fast as possible, wonder what she will go through in that state(paralyzed) by that poison

chrisdvanne_ Post # 15 | Wednesday, 16 Feb 2011 - 21:36
Quote (KrelleK)
I wonder if she can recognise his voice, when she speaks with him

I bet she will fall in love with The Cape, kinda like Lois Lane is in love with Superman and Clark Kent at the same time.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » The Cape 1.07 The Lich, part1 : Discussion thread (spoiler)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: