menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » Episode 1.06 Goggles and Hicks : Discussion thread (spoiler)
Episode 1.06 Goggles and Hicks : Discussion thread (spoiler)
Give us your opinion on "Googles and Hicks"
chrisdvanne_ Post # 16 | Tuesday, 08 Feb 2011 - 17:36
Group: Administrators
What's the point of having a comic book inspired show if we don't find references to the comic world. So what comic book reference do we have today?

Well, it looks like Goggles is comic book fan.

Goggles giving Hicks the signal to shoot the guy in Afghanistan: "Goggles to Hicks. The hamster is in the microwave"

"Hamster in the Microwave" is an interactive Macromedia Flash game created by The Joe Cartoon Co.. Watch as a very rude hamster insults you while he's in your microwave. There's only one thing to do.....turn on the microwave. See what happens to this rude little hamster."

The comic book Peter Fleming gives Goggles is issue 1.06 just like the episode of the show.

Later on the show , Goggles said to Hickks : "Isn't this fun? Its' like we're the legion of doom and we're taking out the superfriends one by one...Hum, nothing like eating a box of cereal and watching "Hong Kong Phooey"".

Quote (Wikipedia)
The Legion of Doom is a group of supervillains led by Lex Luthor that appeared in Challenge of the Super Friends, an animated series that starred superheroes from DC Comics.

In each episode that they appeared, the Legion of Doom would enact various plots against the Super Friends, only to be met with defeat by the end of the story. Often, however, they would escape capture through a last-minute escape plan.

I can't resist showing you a clip of "Hong Kong Phooey":

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Fermi Post # 17 | Tuesday, 08 Feb 2011 - 21:23
Seems like nbc is allowing me to watch the episode with my Swedish IP on their homepage. I thought that was only for Americans

You can't stop the signal!

Chief Post # 18 | Tuesday, 08 Feb 2011 - 22:16
Group: Users
That is curious...

I've never been a fan of websites locking videos. Kind of makes it hard to build a fanbase when only a select group can view the videos...

"It didn't seem like much of a threat. We're not built to be cruel."

chrisdvanne_ Post # 19 | Tuesday, 08 Feb 2011 - 22:47
Quote (Fermi)
Seems like nbc is allowing me to watch the episode with my Swedish IP on their homepage. I thought that was only for Americans

Works from a french IP.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 20 | Tuesday, 08 Feb 2011 - 23:05
Quote (Chief)
I've never been a fan of websites locking videos. Kind of makes it hard to build a fanbase when only a select group can view the videos...

What video are you talking about? In the case it's about the "Smallville" video i uploaded, two days ago, it was not locked in my mind but could be viewed from this wiki only because the only purpose of the video is to illustrate the article. It never came to my mind it could bring youtube viewers to this site. I'm a newbie at uploading videos to youtube and don't know the customs. Feel free to enlighten me if necessary.
Sorry for the rambling if your remark not directed to me.

Fermi Post # 21 | Tuesday, 08 Feb 2011 - 23:17
This episode was probably first titled The Capes days off
Summer had more screen time this episode

chrisdvanne_ Post # 22 | Tuesday, 08 Feb 2011 - 23:35
Quote (Fermi)
This episode was probably first titled The Capes days off

Exactly! Then they decided to title each episode according to the-villain-of-the-week's name.

About the episode titles; 7 and 8 are called The Lich, part 1 and 2. But do we know the name of the others episodes?
I think 1.10 was supposed to be" Endgame" but must have changed since; 1.11 (not to be produced) was called "Game of chess".

Chief Post # 23 | Wednesday, 09 Feb 2011 - 01:18
Group: Users
I was referring to NBC (and many other sites) locking videos so that people outside the US can't view them. It's an annoying practice that a lot of websites have taken up.

According to Norman at S-G.net, episodes 5 and 6 can be viewed by people outside of the US. Definitely curious...

"It didn't seem like much of a threat. We're not built to be cruel."

Fermi Post # 24 | Wednesday, 09 Feb 2011 - 01:34
Quote (michelangelo)
But do we know the name of the others episodes?

Ep 9 is called Piece of Cake and ep 10 Whitsec. Latest press release was for Lich part 2 they might change the names

chrisdvanne_ Post # 25 | Wednesday, 09 Feb 2011 - 02:08
Quote (Fermi)
Ep 9 is called Piece of Cake and ep 10 Whitsec. Latest press release was for Lich part 2 they might change the names

According to Spoilertv :
"Episode 1.10 is called "3:10 to Whitsec."
In this episode there is Layla, a tyical tween who is whisked away to safety when her family is threatened. Did I mention shes the son of traitor Marty?
Also in this episode is Layla's brother C.J, younger and a curious boy."

Btw, this title seems to be a mix of the western's title "3:10 to Yuma" and the U.S. Witness Security Program (WITSEC).

I hope the last episode of the show won't focus on Marty and his children. I'm bored.

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 09 Feb 2011, 08:51

chrisdvanne_ Post # 26 | Wednesday, 09 Feb 2011 - 09:19
Hicks talking to Vince at the bar : "Everything there is to know about Vince Faraday...who your family is...who your friends are"

Hicks looked at Orwell in a creepy way; but foremost it looks like Goggles and Hicks discovered Orwell's identity. The scenes describing the discovery must have beencut at editing.

Who's secret identity wanted Orwell to protect when she revealed Hicks where Goggles was : Vince's, hers or both ?

Hicks : "I see who wears the cape in this releationship" LOL

Vince's answer was lame though.

KrelleK Post # 27 | Wednesday, 09 Feb 2011 - 16:37
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
Hicks : "I see who wears the cape in this releationship" LOL
Vince's answer was lame though.

yeah I liked that part with the cape in the relationship :-)

did Vince answer it?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 28 | Wednesday, 09 Feb 2011 - 16:49
Quote (KrelleK)
did Vince answer it?

Sorry , me speak not very well english smile

Vince did not give Orwell an answer, you're right. I meant to say his threats to Hicks were lame.
Remember the old western gimmick ? "This town ain't big enough for the both of us and I'm going to give you 24 hours to get out."

mr_mogwai Post # 29 | Wednesday, 09 Feb 2011 - 17:57
Group: Friends
Quote (Fermi)

Haven't you heard? You've been annexed, you're the 51st state. smile

Ok, I'm done. Somebody wanna' come move this soapbox?!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 30 | Wednesday, 09 Feb 2011 - 22:10
When Hicks said to Vince at the bar, "My brother and i can keep secrets, Mr Faraday", i don't think the word "brother" is to be taken literally; rather like in a fraternity like the freemasons. In this case, the fraternity is the secret society called Tarot.

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 09 Feb 2011, 22:14

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » Episode 1.06 Goggles and Hicks : Discussion thread (spoiler)
Search: