menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » Episode 1.06 Goggles and Hicks : Discussion thread (spoiler)
Episode 1.06 Goggles and Hicks : Discussion thread (spoiler)
Give us your opinion on "Googles and Hicks"
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Saturday, 05 Feb 2011 - 21:34
Group: Administrators
Episode 1.06 "Googles and Hicks" will air on Monday, February 7th at 9pm on NBC

Here is the promo video :

Here is the press release from NBC :

"A TEAM OF TECH SAVVY ASSASSINS DISCOVER THE CAPE’S IDENTITY--Badly bruised and exhausted, The Cape heeds advice from Max to take some time off to recover. Determined to finally kill The Cape, Peter Fleming hires a tech-savvy team, including Goggles (guest star Pruitt Taylor Vince) and Hicks (guest star Chad Lindberg), to track and destroy The Cape. Meanwhile, Orwell faces digital challenges against the teams’ strong expertise and Dana becomes more involved in uncovering the truth about Vince’s case.

Also starring: Ryan Wynott (Trip), Vinnie Jones (Scales), Martin Klebba (Rollo), Dorian Missick (Marty), Anil Kumar (Ruvi) and Izabella Miko (Raia)."

Vote in the poll after you've seen the episode
Spoiler tags are not needed

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Chief Post # 2 | Saturday, 05 Feb 2011 - 21:42
Group: Users
I'm kind of curious how Vince is going to get rid of the hit team.

I'm also curious to see what happens with Orwell. We finally got to see a great Orwell last week. I hope the writers don't have her regress.

"It didn't seem like much of a threat. We're not built to be cruel."

Message edited by Chief - Saturday, 05 Feb 2011, 21:43

chrisdvanne_ Post # 3 | Saturday, 05 Feb 2011 - 21:57
Quote (Chief)
I'm also curious to see what happens with Orwell. We finally got to see a great Orwell last week. I hope the writers don't have her regress.

From the press release, we can guess that she's doing some computer stuff : one good point.
From the trailer, we can guess that she was in the field with Vince during the hunt, but not during the fight and shoot scenes : half a good point.

If we can manage to have a "private" moment with Vince and Orwell, i'll be satisfied.

The orwell-centric episodes begins next Monday, i doubt this one focus on Orwell too much.

Chief Post # 4 | Saturday, 05 Feb 2011 - 22:32
I don't expect it to focus on Orwell, either. I just want to see the same cool Orwell we saw last week.

These 'digital challenges' should be interesting. Hopefully she'll come out on top! biggrin I'm also curious if they'll discover her identity. We know they discover Vince's, and from the press release, they go after Orwell.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 5 | Sunday, 06 Feb 2011 - 00:12
Quote (Chief)
I'm kind of curious how Vince is going to get rid of the hit team.

"The Cape" is not "The Walking Dead" : there won't be any shooting in the head.
Tracey Jerrod (Dice) was taken to Owl Island knowing that Peter Fleming is Chess and nobody cares. Chances are it will be the same for Goggles and Hicks. It happened all the time in Smallville season 1 and 2 with the Freak of the Week being sent to Bellerive, knowing that Clark was a freak too.

Chief Post # 6 | Sunday, 06 Feb 2011 - 01:27
The difference is Dice wasn't interested in outing Peter Fleming. She just wanted him dead. If this hit team manages to pass along the information that The Cape is Vince Faraday to Fleming, then that could make things very interesting for Vince.

Message edited by Chief - Sunday, 06 Feb 2011, 01:27

chrisdvanne_ Post # 7 | Sunday, 06 Feb 2011 - 01:44
@Chief

That's a possibility; which could lead ultimately to Peter Fleming being moved aside himself by the end of the season. Aka, end of Chess arc-story, and welcome to another super villain for an eventual season 2.

Chief Post # 8 | Sunday, 06 Feb 2011 - 01:57
Unfortunately, we'll never get the answer to that. lol

Fermi Post # 9 | Monday, 07 Feb 2011 - 16:19
Did not this episode air on Citytv yesterday?
Have not even been able to find a screen cap online

You can't stop the signal!

Chief Post # 10 | Monday, 07 Feb 2011 - 23:08
Looks like it didn't air last night. I just checked my listings, and it's on CityTV tonight at 7 PM.

Chief Post # 11 | Tuesday, 08 Feb 2011 - 04:34
I'm not sure if I enjoyed this episode...

The church scene was just terrible. There's no other way to put it. Scales had a couple decent lines when he first entered with his thug, but the interaction between he and The Cape was just awful. I was a little surprised because this episode was written by Craig Titley who did such a great job with Kozmo.

I also found it hard to get into the episode. I'm not entirely sure why... Maybe I wasn't in the mood for The Cape tonight, I don't know. I have been feeling a little under the weather, so that may have something to do with it...

I liked Orwell. Once again she was useful and involved in the story.

(BTW, quick fanboy note: Is it me or has Orwell been super adorable the last couple episodes? I don't know what it is, but... Whenever she's on the screen, she's all I'm looking at. I seriously can't take my eyes off her. Just so adorable! )

Back to Orwell: I liked that we learned a little more about her. It sounds like Fleming wasn't always a bad guy. I'm curious what she meant by him leaving.

I also liked the arrangement at the end. I was wondering how they were going to resolve that. That was interesting.

KrelleK Post # 12 | Tuesday, 08 Feb 2011 - 13:05
Group: Friends
LOL I liked the thing with Peter practically throwing away this greath weapon(information) without realising it, a little point what was that piece o string? biggrin

I liked the Orwell/Vince Scenes, especially in the theater(was that the same as the one used in the Angel episode Waiting in the Wings?)

there was a little bit of Orwell backstory there too. and also the little talk in the diner of what they would be doing if they was holding a day off(Orwell: It´s saturday right? I would have my nails done. Vince: I knew you where a girly girl LOL biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 13 | Tuesday, 08 Feb 2011 - 13:13
Quote (michelangelo)
1) From the press release, we can guess that she's doing some computer stuff : one good point.
2) From the trailer, we can guess that she was in the field with Vince during the hunt, but not during the fight and shoot scenes : half a good point.

3) If we can manage to have a "private" moment with Vince and Orwell, i'll be satisfied.

4)The orwell-centric episodes begins next Monday, i doubt this one focus on Orwell too much.

1) Check ... sort of. Orwell said 3 or 4 lines of IP tracking blah, blah, blah. And she tracked back Laurel and hardy Googles and Hicks's signal
2) Check...but she was in the field more than i thought
3) WT*!!! I should have said "intimate" instead of private moment. And don't tell me she was just looking for a tracking device when her fingers lingered on his skin.
4) Check. Summer Glau fanboys have nothing to complain about; she had a good amount of screentime.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 14 | Tuesday, 08 Feb 2011 - 13:29
Quote (michelangelo)
Tracey Jerrod (Dice) was taken to Owl Island knowing that Peter Fleming is Chess and nobody cares. Chances are it will be the same for Goggles and Hicks.

Love to say i told you so!
But the writers always let the door open for a coming back of one of the villain-of-the-week, in case the audience wants more of him.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 15 | Tuesday, 08 Feb 2011 - 14:39
Quote (michelangelo)
@Chief That's a possibility; which could lead ultimately to Peter Fleming being moved aside himself by the end of the season. Aka, end of Chess arc-story, and welcome to another super villain for an eventual season 2.

Quote (Chief)
Unfortunately, we'll never get the answer to that.

We already have the answer! Let me explain.

Peter Fleming 1.02 Tarot , at his appartment with Cain and Vince : "I payed your Masters well, Cain". Remember Cain is the "Tower" card in the Tarot organization.
Peter Fleming 1.06 Googles and Hicks, talking to Goggles at the beginning : "The Masters speak very highly of you and your partner"
Peter Fleming 1.06 Googles and Hicks, talking to Hicks at the end : "All i know is your Masters said you get the job done, and yet here you stand empty-handed...You're fired...And you can tell the Masters i won't be using them again."

The last sentence of Peter Fleming says it all. When The Masters will learn from Hicks's mouth that Peter Fleming wants to get rid of them, it will piss them off and lead the Tarot organization to take him down in return.

The writers insist too much on The Masters and Fleming's last sentence is too obvious to decode so that it wouldn't lead to a confrontation between them.

There could be a twist though; Chess could be The Masters himself without Peter Fleming knowing it (we know for sure he suffers from personality disorder).

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » The Cape » Episode 1.06 Goggles and Hicks : Discussion thread (spoiler)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: