menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Maps of the Firefly 'Verse
Maps of the Firefly 'Verse
ShadowTek Post # 16 | Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012 - 04:29
Group: Friends
Hello Savior, this is awesome work, it inspired me so much that I made some changes to it.. note that I take NO credit, I wanted to put your cool and hard work into a "Orbit" according to the official maps, so that it shows the sun orbits, and the core, border and rim.. I would like to show you what I did if thats ok with you?

ShadowTek Post # 17 | Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012 - 04:39
I have noticed that Savior has not been online since Sunday, 11-10-23, 11:37, would it be ok if I posted what I did here? Not the image still has all his credits, and my name is not on it, but I think its cool, and you guys may like it.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 18 | Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012 - 09:41
Group: Administrators
Quote (ShadowTek)
would it be ok if I posted what I did here?

Hi ShadowTek and welcome here.

Your contribution is welcome here, feel free to post your new map; your ability to post images will be unlock very soon (anti-spam thing :))

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Fermi Post # 19 | Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012 - 15:54
Quote (ShadowTek)
I have noticed that Savior has not been online since Sunday, 11-10-23, 11:37, would it be ok if I posted what I did here? Not the image still has all his credits, and my name is not on it, but I think its cool, and you guys may like it.

I don't think he mind that you post these pictures. For me it is OK.

You can't stop the signal!

ShadowTek Post # 20 | Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012 - 22:18
Hi, ok I uploaded it here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7TAC8E9L

Its one HUGE image, hope you like the layout changes and thanks to the Savior for his hard work!

If someone knows how to post it here go for it.

Message edited by ShadowTek - Thursday, 19 Jan 2012, 02:52

Fermi Post # 21 | Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012 - 22:35
Quote (ShadowTek)
If someone knows how to post it here go for it.

ShadowTek Post # 22 | Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012 - 22:41
Cool thanks!

Be advised that the version above is a small version, for the full sized 4.3 meg version, use the megaupload link above smile

Message edited by ShadowTek - Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012, 23:32

ShadowTek Post # 23 | Thursday, 19 Jan 2012 - 00:13
Hi again, see this map of the verse here:
http://www.tabula-rasa.cc/novels/boomerangbang/2010/verse.htm
note you can click on that image for a larger image
Ive added the deep space stations, but see the top of the map? Theres a triangle with a planet in it and a hexagon with a space station in it (The hex is deep space station), can anyone tell what that triangle says it is? I want to add them to the map, but cant tell what it says?

Message edited by ShadowTek - Thursday, 19 Jan 2012, 00:15

ShadowTek Post # 24 | Thursday, 19 Jan 2012 - 01:34
Updated:
Added a missing orbit
Added the locations of the 8 Deep Space Stations
Changed systems to show "Cutouts" to better define where they are:

EDIT:
Updated again to show orbits on the right of image

EDIT 2: Was able to drastically reduce size of image to 1.6 megs from over 6 megs with no loss of quality!! Also image is not as big but just as informative!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7TAC8E9L

@ Fermi if you could replace the above image with this new one that would be appreciated, also its FAR smaller in size, so you may be able to upload the actual image with no resizing or compressing.

Message edited by ShadowTek - Thursday, 19 Jan 2012, 02:58

Fermi Post # 25 | Thursday, 19 Jan 2012 - 04:46
Quote (ShadowTek)
@ Fermi if you could replace the above image with this new one that would be appreciated, also its FAR smaller in size, so you may be able to upload the actual image with no resizing or compressing.

Done I replaced the old image with the new one

ShadowTek Post # 26 | Thursday, 19 Jan 2012 - 23:45
Thanks!!

Ok here is the final version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wirybakx7p47etc

It adds the Automated Cortex Relay Stations if you want them, if not use links above for version with out the Automated Cortex Relay Station.. What are they? Terriformed asteroids (Like Mr Universes home) that allow communication between all the systems.

Message edited by ShadowTek - Thursday, 19 Jan 2012, 23:54

ShadowTek Post # 27 | Thursday, 19 Jan 2012 - 23:53
*Opps Double post, sorry*

Message edited by ShadowTek - Thursday, 19 Jan 2012, 23:54

chrisdvanne_ Post # 28 | Friday, 20 Jan 2012 - 00:10
I may have further informations about the verse from Firefly and Serenity books; will post if i find something interesting for you.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

ShadowTek Post # 29 | Friday, 20 Jan 2012 - 01:16
Quote (chrisdvanne)
I may have further informations about the verse from Firefly and Serenity books; will post if i find something interesting for you.

Ok thanks!!

ShadowTek Post # 30 | Friday, 20 Jan 2012 - 02:50
Ok, I have a alternate version as well.. it is the same as the map posted above with the relay stations, but the only difference is that the small images of the systems are not shrunk versions of the large ones, instead they use the maps like here:
http://firefly.wikia.com/wiki/Georgia_system

only there blended into the map so they belong, it looks much nicer then the above version, now my question, am I allowed to post it? I assume that as those images by QMX were released to the public as there found all over (Like on that wiki) it would be ok to use them. But Im not sure so Im asking asking first as it does look much nicer with the map.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » Maps of the Firefly 'Verse
Search: