menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » "Can't Stop the Serenity" charity ('Serenity' movie Worlwide Charity Screenings)
"Can't Stop the Serenity" charity
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Sunday, 12 Jun 2011 - 07:52
Group: Administrators
Can't Stop the Serenity (CSTS) has been created to support Equality Now, a charity that "Firefly" creator Joss Whedon's mother was involved in. Founded in 1992, the organization works toward ending violence and protecting the basic human rights of woman and girls around the world.

How does CSTS work?
Fans of "Serenity" will get together this summer, starting this week, for screenings of "Serenity", in 34 american cities and other cities around the globe.
See a full list of cities at CSTS 2011 Events.

CSTS is run by browncoats on a voluntary basis which i find impressive considering the organisation it requires; this is one of the reasons i wanted to relay the information.

More informations about this event at Can't Stop the Serenity site.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 12 Jun 2011, 07:56

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2 | Sunday, 12 Jun 2011 - 11:48
Joss Whedon will join the event in California.

Whedon himself will attend the Los Angeles screening of "Serenity" on June 25 in an event hosted by the California Browncoats. Since many fans won't be able to trek across the country to see him, the group there will broadcast his appearance live on the Web using multiple cameras that will include live events from the stage, interviews with attendees and general footage to capture every moment of Whedon's visit.

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 12 Jun 2011, 11:49

chrisdvanne_ Post # 3 | Sunday, 12 Jun 2011 - 12:15
Artist James Hance supports CSTS and created on that occasion "Firefrog", a drawing masterpiece featuring the Firefly's crew as Muppets.

Source : Firefly meets Muppets – artist James Hance is supporting CSTS

River i depicted as Mokey Fraggles from The Muppets Show.

Quote (Muppet Wiki)
Mokey Fraggle is one of the five main Fraggles in Fraggle Rock. She has mauve skin with darker purple fur, long turquoise hair, and wears a long gray robe-like sweater, which is worn open. She wears a ring on a string of beads around her neck.

Mokey is a dreamer. She loves painting, writing poems, writing in her diary, meditating, or just enjoying her surroundings.
Attachments: 2177240.jpg(141.3 Kb) · 6132457.jpg(154.5 Kb)

TheSavior Post # 4 | Sunday, 12 Jun 2011 - 16:22
Group: Friends
Around the world is full of people who still love the Serenity and all what is link to it.

Look at this!

Zach Brackin Modeling Demo Reel 2011

This man has mad a 3D awesom model of the Serenity! Just very cool!

Serenity 3D

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

chrisdvanne_ Post # 5 | Sunday, 12 Jun 2011 - 17:06
Indeed the result is impressive.

It gives us a preview of what the CGI continuation of TSCC conducted by No Fate Production's Terminator: The Connor Chronicles might be.
Here is their 3d model of Summer Glau :

More info on the News page at No Fate Fan Campaigns.

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 12 Jun 2011, 17:09

Devo Post # 6 | Sunday, 12 Jun 2011 - 19:42
Group: Friends
I really want to make the San Francisco show. Not sure if I will be able to schedule it before it sells out. ;_;

chrisdvanne_ Post # 7 | Sunday, 12 Jun 2011 - 20:16
Nothing in my area, Paris (France).
As i've said many times i'm not a browncoat but i've seen Serenity when looking for screencaps and i appreciate it very much because it is 100% entertainment (no character development like in the serie of course); and Summer Glau is amazing.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 8 | Friday, 24 Jun 2011 - 12:55
Joss Whedon himself will be at the Can't Stop The Serenity LA event on Saturday; i you want to ask him a question, you can tweet it to Comic Center's tweet (include the hashtag #CSTSLA)

chrisdvanne_ Post # 9 | Tuesday, 25 Oct 2011 - 23:18
Vote for your favorite design at 'Can't Stop The Serenity' to choose next year official artwork.

Voting ends on 1st November 11:59 pm.

More info and the pictures of the five competing designs : 2012 Official Artwork Contest at CSTS

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 25 Oct 2011, 23:22

chrisdvanne_ Post # 10 | Thursday, 31 May 2012 - 10:25
Melanie Fischer's artwork will be the official artwork for Can’t Stop the Serenity 2012.

click on images for larger size
 official artwork for Can’t Stop the Serenity 2012

WHAT IS CAN’T STOP THE SERENITY?
Can’t Stop the Serenity (CSTS) is a unique opportunity to indulge your geeky side while doing some good! Since 2006, fans have organized screenings of Joss Whedon's Serenity to raise funds and awareness to support Equality Now in their work for the protection and promotion of the human rights of women around the world. Join us as we aim to misbehave for a good cause!

There are two ways to fight a battle like ours. One is to whisper in the ear of the masses, try subtlely and gradually to change the gender expectations and mythic structures of our culture. That’s me. The other is to step up and confront the thousands of atrocities that are taking place around the world on an immediate, one-by-one basis. That’s a great deal harder, and that’s Equality Now. It’s not about politics; it’s about basic human decency.
Joss Whedon

More informations about the events at : Can’t Stop the Serenity

I'd like also to mention the event hosted by my friend Jim Shires (see screencap of his Facebook cover) in Raleigh, North Carolina

Facebook cover river tam

It's our 7th year as a host city for CSTS! We will be back at our home theatre Raleighwood Cinema Grill!
Doors at 6:00pm, Raffle and Costume contest, movie at 8:00pm.Tickets are available now at ETIX.com - Search -"Serenity". More information will be posted soon at NCBrowncoats dot com including that pertaining to sponsorship.

Can’t Stop the Serenity 2012

More infos on Raleigh NC Browncoats

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 31 May 2012, 10:34

chrisdvanne_ Post # 11 | Saturday, 18 Aug 2012 - 08:44
The Melbourne Browncoats have drawn our attention to a comic signed by Summer Glau they're auctioning for a CSTS charity event and we're more than happy to pass on the information.

"Better Days" #3 Comic signed by Sean Maher, Jewel Staite, Summer Glau (the following pic doesn't feature the signed copy auctioned on eBay)

Dark Horse Serenity Comic

This is an original, one-of-a-kind item sourced specifically for and by the New Melbourne Browncoats.
This item is offered as part of our main event, Can't Stop The Serenity 2012.

What you are bidding on is a copy of the Dark Horse Serenity Comic "Better Days" #3 featuring the Simon, River and Kaylee cover. The cover has been signed near the image of each character by the actor portraying that character - Sean Maher as Simon, Summer Glau as River, Jewel Staite as Kaylee.

Check this item at eBay.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 12 | Friday, 07 Sep 2012 - 05:54
'Can't Stop The Serenity Charity' 11” x 17" Charity Screening Poster Firefly by Portland Browncoats

Each year the PDX Browncoats hold a charity screening of Serenity to benefit Equality Now.
This year's screening featured a great poster (see detail) by local cartoonist Mike (Serenity Tales) Russell,
picturing the crew gathered 'round the dinner table.

Did you spot River Tam? She's on the left top corner of the poster.

'Can't Stop The Serenity Charity' Charity Screening Poster Firefly'Can't Stop The Serenity Charity' Charity Screening Poster Firefly

This item is on sale at Ebay for US $10.95

The following picture was taken at the Science Channel’s roundtable before the team’s panel. If that table looks familiar, it should -Firefly‘s set designer remade it for the occasion.

Comic-Con International San Diego - July 13, 2012

chrisdvanne_ Post # 13 | Monday, 05 Nov 2012 - 01:01
Fan made postcard for Equality Now , showing some of Joss' strong female characters:

chrisdvanne_ Post # 14 | Friday, 28 Dec 2012 - 16:50
Ol' gang reunion at 'Can't Stop The Serenity' charity

Tweet by Joan Allen
Photo courtesy of Firefly writer/producer Tim Minear

chrisdvanne_ Post # 15 | Tuesday, 21 May 2013 - 08:07
Can't Stop The Serenity Screening for Equality Now and Kids Need To Read, on June 28th at Raleighwood Cinema Grill.
Doors at 6:00, Movie at 8:00. Can't Stop The Serenity 2013 - Raleigh

2013 Raleigh poster, created by Lindsay Coderre

Can't Stop The Serenity Screening for Equality Now

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Firefly/Serenity » "Can't Stop the Serenity" charity ('Serenity' movie Worlwide Charity Screenings)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: