menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Site poll: What do you think about Jameron? (A thread to discuss site poll question.)
Site poll: What do you think about Jameron?
chrisdvanne_ Post # 46 | Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012 - 02:07
Group: Administrators
Quote (Alex)
Is this based on The Cape?

Nope!

It comes from a photoshop artist named Ella Shy and was posted in her livejournal : Ellashy - New Jameron Manip
Quote (Ellashy)
I wanted to do a vulnerable Cameron and protective John, and yeah I know the lightings off but *shrugs* hehe.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

kaotic Post # 47 | Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012 - 02:19
Group: Friends
Quote (Alex)
Quote (kaotic)
Quote (Alex)
I believe that perhaps Friedman wanted that element of uncertainty as to how she works, how she thinks, and how she feels to be really uncertain. This uncertainty would challenge our collective understanding of how she would be expected to function.

I agree with you and it's why I always keep an opened mind when it comes to how she works and functions. I don't put any limits on what Cameron is capable of. She is the most advanced terminator created after all, and we only know a very small amount about her.

Kaotic: I had a look at the links you provided. Thanks for posting the fanfic. I look forward to reading it.

You're welcome! Blackout & Awake are two of my all time favorite fanfictions.

I downloaded the two stories and I read them. They were really good stories. Jesse Daro is a very talented writer. You mentioned that she took them down from FanFiction.net. While it is unfortunate that she did, I believe you said that she was trying to sell these stories? I can only hope that she is successful in her efforts and that perhaps she will contribute to a new Terminator movie or television show. Yeah, I know, a long shot but it was a really good read.

Thanks again.

You're very welcome and if you go to the link below you can see other fanfictions that I enjoy. smile

Jesse is trying to get some stuff published, but she isn't trying to publish Blackout & Awake. She isn't able to do that because she can't make money off fanfiction.

http://kaotic2.tumblr.com/fanfiction

Message edited by kaotic - Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012, 02:24

Alex Post # 48 | Friday, 20 Jan 2012 - 19:18
Group: Bloggers
I really respect the views posted here (site and this thread) and I certainly don't want to stir anything up but I wanted to add a few points and really this is intended to do just that - add to the discussion and if possible, advance our shared understanding.

First, in the commentary, Josh Friedman dropped a bomb and that is that Cameron had two purposes in getting John to check her power source. The obvious is that she wanted him to know that she was a machine regardless of the fact that he loved her. In other words, she recognized that he loved her.

The second purpose is this: Cameron, knowing that she had to leave, needed to get John to bond with her so that he would follow her when she left. And this worked meaning that Cameron was completely right in her assessment of John, how he would react, and how to achieve her objective. She knew she had to leave because she correctly interpreted the request relayed by Ellison (will you join us?). I believe this is a re-emergence of the question that she asked in her original timeline (relayed by Jesse Flores) to what I assume is the original Weaver T1000.

OK, and that leads me to the following: John Henry only existed in this timeline. Weaver needed him to defeat Skynet. The only way to get him to the future would be to take him from this timeline and take him to the future. But, she recognized that she needed John Connor to help John Henry probably because the Resistance would not accept John Henry but that John Connor would be able to forge that alliance. And Cameron was the draw that took John Connor to the future (as we saw).

As well, Cameron provided the chip that would free John Henry to move forward. I suspect, as one very clever fanfic writer has indicated, that John Henry's body, animated by Cameron's chip and with Cameron still active, is now in the new future timeline (where John is unknown), and that Season Three would have involved the establishment of John Henry as a force (alongside the rest of the third faction robot resistance) with Weaver's assistance, and we would have seen the eventual return of Cameron, or at least her chip would have been saved and perhaps was used in the re-programming of the original TOK715 infiltrator.

Damn - why did this series not get continued? I have never been so attached to a story in my life.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

kaotic Post # 49 | Friday, 20 Jan 2012 - 22:40
Quote (Alex)
or at least her chip would have been saved and perhaps was used in the re-programming of the original TOK715 infiltrator.

I just wanted to comment on this little part. I personally don't think there would be another TOK715. If Skynet were to have created another TOK715 then that means the writers are rehashing Allison from Palmdale and I think the writers are better than that. I like to think that Cameron would have a new body built or Sarah would have kept Cameron's old body. Either way, I feel she would get a body without Skynet creating a new TOK715. Plus, if that happened then it would mean John Connor is leading the resistance and kicking butt to the point SKynet has to create the TOK715 to kill him and that is very, very unlikely considering he's only 17, and he has zero war experience when he arrived in that future. It took future John almost a decade (2021-2027) to start beating Skynet.

Alex Post # 50 | Friday, 20 Jan 2012 - 23:17
Group: Bloggers
Quote (kaotic)
Quote (Alex)
or at least her chip would have been saved and perhaps was used in the re-programming of the original TOK715 infiltrator.

I just wanted to comment on this little part. I personally don't think there would be another TOK715. If Skynet were to have created another TOK715 then that means the writers are rehashing Allison from Palmdale and I think the writers are better than that. I like to think that Cameron would have a new body built or Sarah would have kept Cameron's old body. Either way, I feel she would get a body without Skynet creating a new TOK715. Plus, if that happened then it would mean John Connor is leading the resistance and kicking butt to the point SKynet has to create the TOK715 to kill him and that is very, very unlikely considering he's only 17, and he has zero war experience when he arrived in that future. It took future John almost a decade (2021-2027) to start beating Skynet.

That makes sense. OK, so the old body is kept by Sarah who probably had a change of heart about Cameron. I say this because otherwise, she tended to destroy terminators. But I suppose that given her last words (I love you too) at the end of BTR may have meant that she had come to an acceptance of Cameron's role. I am still puzzled though as to how that voice got transmitted though.

Alternately, a new body is built and in either case, Cameron is still alive and her chip animates John Henry.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 51 | Tuesday, 13 Mar 2012 - 15:08
Thomas Dekker & Summer Glau talk about season 2 of Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles at tv show "MyFOX Good Day" Los Angeles in 2008.

I love the chemistry of the two of them on the show of course but also outside of the show.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 13 Mar 2012, 15:21

chrisdvanne_ Post # 52 | Wednesday, 28 Mar 2012 - 02:52
Jameron promo video made by UK channel Virgin 1 for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, shown during valentines week.
TSCC "Week of Love" Virgin 1 Ad

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Wednesday, 28 Mar 2012, 02:52

chrisdvanne_ Post # 53 | Thursday, 05 Apr 2012 - 10:41
I made a Jameronesque blog post that includes a brief article on Rolling Stone magazine and a video where Summer and Thomas read the article; their reaction is priceless biggrin

Rolling Stone - HQ Magazine Scans

chrisdvanne_ Post # 54 | Friday, 14 Sep 2012 - 19:38
oh aren't we a pretty pretty pair - a TSCC Cameron x John fanmix

Source : hypothetical-fanfic

chrisdvanne_ Post # 55 | Sunday, 16 Sep 2012 - 02:27
Josh Friedman talks about Cameron's LOVE for John. She loves him! thanks to kaotic.

robbo Post # 56 | Sunday, 16 Sep 2012 - 02:42
i must admit they do make a lovely and charming couple seem to be perfect for each other it seems to just grow and grow with each episode of tscc with cameron and john just cant seem to leave each others side would have been interesting in season 3 of tscc with cameron and john or even allison depending where josh was gonna go with the romance in the future for the pair of them interesting biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 57 | Tuesday, 02 Oct 2012 - 15:32
'John and cameron - I cant stay away' by lindlau07

robbo Post # 58 | Wednesday, 03 Oct 2012 - 03:07
great song,great video clips of john and cameron,and memories that will always stay in our hearts forever,such great chemistry, between them, perfect smile

chrisdvanne_ Post # 59 | Monday, 08 Oct 2012 - 17:53
A Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles themed video/song. Cameron's POV about our lovely John Connor. For all you Jameron shippers out there. Just for fun.

Lyrics :

John walks by me
He fakes a smile so they won't see
His fears and his dreams
He's not as strong as he might seem
They just don't understand
The pressures of his life
What knowing that you'll always
Be alone can feel like

John talks to me
About his doubts in destiny
But they can't conceive
A future that he shares with me
They tell him stay away
That I'll just do him wrong
But I know he's the only one
That keeps me standing strong

Cuz he's the reason for the beat of my metal heart
The only one who sees my weakness for what they are
He's the boy to destroy, but I'll save him
If it's all I do

John looks at me
And everything I'll never be
What he wants and he needs
So much more than some machine
I know there's something there
A pain that we both feel
But though I love him,
It's just not enough to make me real

But he's the reason for the beat of my metal heart
The only one who sees my weakness for what they are
He's the boy to destroy, but I'll save him
If it's all I do

And so I step aside
He's got a fight to lead
But John you're already a hero
I wish you'd believe

Cuz you're the reason for the beating in this metal heart
The only one who sees I'm more than just these broken parts
You're the man, not a boy, and I need you
Don't know why I do

Though our time may be done
And we're both born to run
I hope you can forgive what I had to do

John looks at me
I love you John, and you love me

chrisdvanne_ Post # 60 | Wednesday, 10 Oct 2012 - 10:15
John and Cameron by andrewkingham

John and Cameron - TSCC drawing

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Site poll: What do you think about Jameron? (A thread to discuss site poll question.)
Search: