menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Site poll: What do you think about Jameron? (A thread to discuss site poll question.)
Site poll: What do you think about Jameron?
Charley_Dixon Post # 1 | Saturday, 02 Apr 2011 - 22:55
Group: Administrators
I think the site poll question needs a thread to discuss.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Charley_Dixon Post # 2 | Saturday, 02 Apr 2011 - 23:10
I'll start. I was on red, blue, and clan wikies, so "Some kind of food?" is obviously not my answer. I'm not a jameronite and actually I do not like that "ship" kind of stuff, so "Jameron Forever!" is not my answer either. But also I am not an anti-jameronite. I would probably have chosen "Good fan fictions" but I did not read those. So "Dameron Forever!" is the only option left, and while I do not like ships this one is probably the only exception because it's a lot of fun smile

Hey dameronites, where are you? Let's show that it's not like there are only J's and AJ's in the Internet. smile

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Granite Post # 3 | Sunday, 03 Apr 2011 - 00:53
Group: Friends
Express your opinion - I'm not a supporter of the relationship between Cameron and Connor - in the form in which they were presented in TSCC. And even less - as they were presented in a fanfic.

PS - I perhaps the opponent Fan Fiction as a genre.

Say no more on this and remove the shadow ninja - smile

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 4 | Sunday, 03 Apr 2011 - 02:03
I'm not sure i know what Dameronite means : i think this must be Derek/Cameron. I don't recall having red a lot about this, i thought Derek was paired with Sarah more often. Derek and Cameron are pictured as enemies in TSCC, even if they collaborate "when the mission requires it". I think a ship should always rely on tangible elements even if they are more suggested than shown (think to The Cape) but i don't see any for those two in TSCC.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Charley_Dixon Post # 5 | Sunday, 03 Apr 2011 - 02:18
Quote (michelangelo)
I'm not sure i know what Dameronite means : i think this must be Derek/Cameron. I don't recall having red a lot about this, i thought Derek was paired with Sarah more often. Derek and Cameron are pictured as enemies in TSCC, even if they collaborate "when the mission requires it". I think a ship should always rely on tangible elements even if they are more suggested than shown (think to The Cape) but i don't see any for those two in TSCC.

Exactly! At least Derek sees Cameron as enemy, and that's why I can't help smiling when anyone mentions Dameron biggrin

mr_mogwai Post # 6 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 04:25
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
I'm not a jameronite and actually I do not like that "ship" kind of stuff, so "Jameron Forever!" is not my answer either. But also I am not an anti-jameronite. I would probably have chosen "Good fan fictions" but I did not read those. So "Dameron Forever!" is the only option left, and while I do not like ships this one is probably the only exception because it's a lot of fun
Hey dameronites, where are you? Let's show that it's not like there are only J's and AJ's in the Internet.

I'm with Charley on this. I remember the J/AJ debates on the red wiki (wacky fun tongue ). I'm not a J, but neither am I an ardent AJ. It made sense that the showrunners would create a relationship dynamic between John and Cameron, but I was afraid they'd turn Terminator into an emo teen drama, and move away from the visceral survival aspect of the story. However, to the writers' and actors' credit Cameron (Summer Glau's character) was a fantastically believable killer robot with a heart. Basically, by not overdoing the Jameron ship they struck a balance that kept me from rolling my eyes and tuning out.

Ok, I'm done. Somebody wanna' come move this soapbox?!

Fermi Post # 7 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 17:38
Jameron/AJ is a phenomena or cult what existence was brought into this world from the terminatorwiki threads. It resulted in flamewars and trolling. This because some Jamerons/AJs was taking the debate about the fictional relationship between Cameron/John as life and death issues, funny indeed.

John Connor developed some kind of father/son relationship with the T-800 in the movie, in the end he had to sacrifice his new friend, in order to save the humanity. This was a very touching scene. In series we have opposite situation, in the end John Connor had to sacrifice humanity to rescue his Terminator. Can anyone blame him? This was also a very touching scene.
Summer Glau did a great job in playing Camerons human/terminator side she sure had us fooled.

I don't read fanfiction and the Romeo/Juliet interpretation of the John/Cameron relationship I can see in some of the Jameron fanart is totally wrong. Cameron was an advanced model that could mimic human behavior very well or was she?

Without this weird tension between these two character, I think that the show had been much more boring.

I think what Josh Freidman was planning for season 3 was to having John Connor to choose between the human, Allison and the machine, Cameron. It is good drama, but a real romantic relationship between J/C where never intended even if TSCC had been given 10 seasons.

What I'm trying to say is that this is not that black/white as some of the Jameron/AJ thinks it is (Juliet or the Toaster). Cameron is in fact a machine but there was also something deeper with her too. She is the Tin miss.

You can't stop the signal!

Fermi Post # 8 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 19:35
Quote (michelangelo)
Derek and Cameron are pictured as enemies in TSCC

There's a thin line between love and hate.

mr_mogwai Post # 9 | Tuesday, 05 Apr 2011 - 05:08
Quote (Fermi)
There's a thin line between love and hate.

It's called "Lust."

tongue j/k

Charley_Dixon Post # 10 | Wednesday, 06 Apr 2011 - 02:13
Quote (Fermi)
Jameron/AJ is a phenomena or cult what existence was brought into this world from the terminatorwiki threads...

Nice post.

So, no one voted for Dameron except me. sad

Fermi Post # 11 | Wednesday, 06 Apr 2011 - 02:26
I don't vote my self on the polls I construct

mr_mogwai Post # 12 | Wednesday, 06 Apr 2011 - 18:12
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
So, no one voted for Dameron except me.

There wasn't much love between those two. Maybe if there'd been a 3rd season the mistrust between Cameron and Derek might have eased. But as it was Derek had too much hostility towards Cameron for anything more than a good old fashioned grudge-f*BLEEP*

surprised oops

Message edited by mr_mogwai - Wednesday, 06 Apr 2011, 18:14

kaotic Post # 13 | Monday, 02 Jan 2012 - 20:23
John and Cameron's relationship is what caused me to continue watching the show. It was such a unique relationship.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 14 | Monday, 02 Jan 2012 - 20:44
Thanks for resurrecting that old thread kaotic (should i say David?)!

I had forgotten it even existed; i think it was connected to a previous poll on the News page. But as the title of the thread implies it, this thread can be used to discuss John/Cameron relations.

Funny thing is that i've been asked yesterday (not on the Wiki) if there was was Jameron fans on the wiki; to what i replied (quote myself) : i'm afraid so, but i don't really know since we don't discuss that matter on a specific thread. Though we talk about it sometimes during a TSCC conversation with Blazius or termi-ninja-tor for example.

I'm proud that the Summer Glau Wiki is a friendly community where members can debate and have a different opinion but it's always in a good spirit and we respect each others opinions.

Back to topic : it's no mystery that i'm a Jameronite. I seek this type of relations in every tv show i watch, not only in TSCC. But that doesn't mean i find the main ship engaging each time. For example, the Cameron (!)/Rachel ship in Alphas is not engaging nor are every ship in Terra Nova.

John and Cameron had a good chemistry and it shows on screen; it may not have been the main story arc (fighting skynet, saving humanity,blah blah) but it was present throughout the serie. It had up and down but the serie finale proved that it was an important element of the drama * He's got her chip, he's got her*.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

kaotic Post # 15 | Monday, 02 Jan 2012 - 21:36
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Thanks for resurrecting that old thread kaotic (should i say David?)!

I had forgotten it even existed; i think it was connected to a previous poll on the News page. But as the title of the thread implies it, this thread can be used to discuss John/Cameron relations.

Funny thing is that i've been asked yesterday (not on the Wiki) if there was was Jameron fans on the wiki; to what i replied (quote myself) : i'm afraid so, but i don't really know since we don't discuss that matter on a specific thread. Though we talk about it sometimes during a TSCC conversation with Blazius or termi-ninja-tor for example.

I'm proud that the Summer Glau Wiki is a friendly community where members can debate and have a different opinion but it's always in a good spirit and we respect each others opinions.

Back to topic : it's no mystery that i'm a Jameronite. I seek this type of relations in every tv show i watch, not only in TSCC. But that doesn't mean i find the main ship engaging each time. For example, the Cameron (!)/Rachel ship in Alphas is not engaging nor are every ship in Terra Nova.

John and Cameron had a good chemistry and it shows on screen; it may not have been the main story arc (fighting skynet, saving humanity,blah blah) but it was present throughout the serie. It had up and down but the serie finale proved that it was an important element of the drama * He's got her chip, he's got her*.

Yeah, I hope it's okay that I necro-bumped the thread. smile

I agree, the chemistry was amazing. Both characters (and actors) work so well together. I have yet to find a pairing that I like as much as John and Cameron. It's not a normal relationship at all, and not just because it's human / machine. John is a man that is supposed to lead an army to kill her and her kind, yet he is in love with her. And she is a machine that is built to kill him. That was her sole purpose (not anymore though). That dynamic makes the relationship so unique interesting, and sad. What I love most is that both of them would risk everything to save one another. John walked away from his destiny so he could be reunited with Cameron. And she placed a bomb inside her head so she could protect him from herself.

It's funny that you mention drama. I was looking through some of the other threads and someone mentioned that John was an asshole to Cameron for a lot of season two. But the thing is, he had every right to be angry at her, she did try to kill him. He loved her and then tried to kill him... No matter who you are, you would feel the same way, especially after that person tells you "you can't be trusted anymore". Trust is something that takes time to rebuild. Yet he still considered her his friend and he cared and loved her. The last seven episodes prove that John was still in love with Cameron and that he did trust her.

Lets look at what happened in the last episodes.

Ourselves Alone is basically the rebuilding of their relationship. John realized how much Cameron trusted him and how far she would go to keep him safe, even from her own self. http://kaotic2.tumblr.com/post/14457089527

Today is the day:

John tells Sarah that he knows Cameron and that she told him and that is all he needs to know to believe that she didn't have anything to do with Riley's death. When Sarah brought up the events of S&D John showed to me that some part of him thinks that Cameron does love him. And his reaction shows that he cares too.

Then you have him telling Jesse that no matter what Cameron would have done, he would have never killed her or sent her away. http://kaotic2.tumblr.com/post....n-blows

And in Born to Run you can tell that he wants to believe that she can feel something. His reaction to Cameron's outburst shows that much. http://kaotic2.tumblr.com/post/15184668114

Then the "love scene" is even more proof that he loves her and doesn't care that she is a machine. He didn't shy away, get grossed out, or try to leave. After he had touched her *heart* he stayed there looking down at her, like he was ready to kiss her. http://kaotic2.tumblr.com/post/14457447192/otp

Then the big moment is when he left everything (including his own mother) to get Cameron back. He traveled through time to be with the person he loved. You know who else did that? His father.

Josh Friedman talks about how Samson and Delilah and Born to Run was John and Cameron's love story and honestly, it really was. In fact, so much of the season two was about John and Cameron. We find out from Cameron that she knows that John is lonely in the future and that they talk about it a lot. Which means that their relationship is not just protector / charge. They were close. Even the Jesse plot was about John and Cameron.

Season two was more about John and Cameron then anything else.

Sure, there were some problems here and there between them, but every relationship has problems. Without drama relationships wouldn't be fun to watch. I know this is long, and kind of rambly. lol

Message edited by kaotic - Monday, 02 Jan 2012, 22:28

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » Site poll: What do you think about Jameron? (A thread to discuss site poll question.)
Search: