menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » What was the best Cameron fighting scene in TSCC?
What was the best Cameron fighting scene in TSCC?
Fermi Post # 1 | Sunday, 31 Oct 2010 - 01:53
Group: Administrators
Vote and discuss

You can't stop the signal!

Charley_Dixon Post # 2 | Sunday, 31 Oct 2010 - 04:10
I voted for Rosie fight. Bonnie Morgan made that scene unforgettable.

Without Rosie I would have a hard choice between Cromartie and Vick. I don't know why but I do not like Stark and Carter fights much.

By the way, is it like we have two polls at the same time?

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Fermi Post # 3 | Sunday, 31 Oct 2010 - 13:47
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
By the way, is it like we have two polls at the same time?

I wanted to test the poll threads feature, this going to save alot of work, we can have polls more often now.

I can change the polls on the front page, but I want more people to vote first

Fermi Post # 4 | Saturday, 06 Nov 2010 - 14:18
bump biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 5 | Saturday, 06 Nov 2010 - 15:24
Voted for Stark fight mainly because i liked a few shots from it :

1) I like this one for obvious reasons biggrin

TSCC 2.11 Self Made Man - Cameron vs. Myron Stark

2) Cameron with a machine gun...Notice the low angle shot (sounds like movie shot rather than tv shot).

3) The writers used Summer's flexibility here; she holds stark and push the elevator's gate with her foot at the same time in an elegant move (reminds me of Firefly and Serenity fights).

4) Cameron with a knife...Compare the blank face in TSCC to the twisted face in Chuck promo shots.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 06 Nov 2010, 16:24

KevinInEngland Post # 6 | Sunday, 07 Nov 2010 - 16:52
Group: Friends
michelangelo, I agree with the final picture. There were many nuances like this produced by Summer that do not seem to be recognised by film directors etc. She has done many things which have not gone unoticed by myself and many of you.
I often wonder to myself if she wants to be seen as feminine in stories or is happy to be a badass too.
Linda Hamilton played a very feminine role in later years but Summer has done that too in Deadly Honeymoon.

TSCC S3 could be ideal for her as Allison is a young lady and Summer could do a great job with her, as well as Cameron too.
IMO

roxyb Post # 7 | Thursday, 18 Nov 2010 - 23:07
I can't vote because my favorite isn't even listed: The fight with Vick in Gnothi Seauton.

Charley_Dixon Post # 8 | Friday, 19 Nov 2010 - 02:46
Quote (roxyb)
I can't vote because my favorite isn't even listed: The fight with Vick in Gnothi Seauton.

Indeed, the only Cameron vs. Vick fight from the "Vick's Chip" episode I remember is when she pulled his chip from John's computer smile That should be either "Queen's Gambit" or "Gnothi Seauton".

P.S. I can't believe you joined this site, Roxy. I'm glad to see you and hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

termi-ninja-tor Post # 9 | Friday, 19 Nov 2010 - 04:25
I voted for Cameron versus Rosie, too. Bonnie Morgan's flexibility made that fight special.

One thing that I had a hard time getting used to was the sound effect when one terminator struck another. There was a metal on metal clash sound, like the clattering of pots and pans. lol

Fermi Post # 10 | Friday, 19 Nov 2010 - 12:26
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
That should be either "Queen's Gambit" or "Gnothi Seauton".

My mistake I meant the fight in Queen's Gambit biggrin

NinjaWolf50 Post # 11 | Friday, 11 Mar 2011 - 00:02
I Voted for cameron vs Rosie cause it was a awesome battle between two female terminators and also the behinde the sceans rehershals was awesome cause you seen how the remarkable scean was put together and to see how flexible both actresses were and you got to see summer kick ass in ths awesome Terminator Cat Fight witch was cool and the camera angles made you fell lke you were apart of the fight witch was awesome and the sound effects were out of this world and made the scean come to life and it was completely awesome.

Summer Glau Kicks Ass.

I Am A Leaf On The Wind, Watch How I Soar

mr_mogwai Post # 12 | Friday, 11 Mar 2011 - 00:57
I can't decide, there were so many great fight scenes. Cameron vs. Rosie is one the most memorable, in part because it was the first fight between two female Terminators, and it was also one of the more brutal fights on the show. Also, Michelangelo brought up good points about the Cameron vs. Stark fight. I like the pic with her holding the knife, reminds me of an ex-girlfriend. tongue

With all the fight sequences Summer's done over the years she's got almost as much experience as a professional fighter. Maybe NBC should have let her be The Cape instead of David Lyons.

BTW, was there a problem with this site today? I couldn't pull it up earlier.

Ok, I'm done. Somebody wanna' come move this soapbox?!

Message edited by mr_mogwai - Friday, 11 Mar 2011, 01:00

ogy86 Post # 13 | Friday, 07 Oct 2011 - 23:09
I voted for Cameron vs. Rosie. It was a good fight, Cam has made puzzle from Rosie. It was funny when the child entered into elevator, both of them stopped fighting and pretending that nothing is happening. biggrin I also liked the fight between Cameron and Stark. Btw: It was interesting that Cameron had big problems with some enemy's machine and she destroyed easily another of them.

This is Cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNu7pi9glR4
Save TSCC!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Pty7PD … r_embedded
Summer Glau a WuShu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BMqNYOyFU

Blazius Post # 14 | Friday, 07 Oct 2011 - 23:46
Quote (ogy86)
Btw: It was interesting that Cameron had big problems with some enemy's machine and she destroyed easily another of them.

That was strange indeed especially considering that Cameron was a newer model than any of them. Through she destroyed most of them eventually (excluding Carter which wasn't a good fight anyway) one way or another.

My biggest problem was Cromartie however. Instead of a climatic, epic terminator duel they just gave Cameron Dereks magical plot device shotgun and she shot him to death.

The other fights were cool through. I couldn't decide between Stark and Rosie but eventually voted for Rosie because that fight was longer.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

termi-ninja-tor Post # 15 | Saturday, 08 Oct 2011 - 00:03
Thinking about this a little more, I realized that one aspect of the Rosie fight that appealed to me was that Cameron and Rosie seemed to be very similar and could have been the same model endoskeleton. They did things simultaneously, like opening the doors, etc. Because of this, I had the impression that these two could be evenly matched physically, and the winner would depend on who was the smarter fighter. Clearly, Cameron.

Also, the fact that both combatants were female skins gave the fight an aspect of being a "cat fight," something that made it a little more interesting for me.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles » What was the best Cameron fighting scene in TSCC?
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: