[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Poll result
Poll result
Fermi Post # 1 | Tuesday, 18 Jan 2011 - 23:04
Group: Administrators
Here is the result of the poll that has been on the front page since november
the poll got 166 votes and the question was "Who Was Your Favorite Summer Glau Character?"

Cameron Phillips 111 votes 66%

River Tam 39 votes 23%

Bennett Halverson 6 votes 3%

Tess Doerner 3 votes 1%

Crystal Burns 1 votes 0%

Allison Young 6 votes 3%

You can't stop the signal!

Fermi Post # 2 | Wednesday, 30 Mar 2011 - 20:03
The poll result
Awesome 39%

Good 28%

Not Bad 21%

Bad 6%

Awful 4%

I does not have the felling this was the opinion of the contributing users

chrisdvanne_ Post # 3 | Thursday, 31 Mar 2011 - 00:00
These polls are made so that casual (or regular) lurkers can express their opinion and participate to the life of the wiki; it's important to have someone else's opinion. I'm not surprised the results doesn't express the contibuting users opinion.
Maybe one day the lurker will turn into an active member and explain in detail his opinion ; that's the path we have all followed.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Charley_Dixon Post # 4 | Thursday, 31 Mar 2011 - 03:50
Quote (Fermi)
The poll result

You forgot to specify the poll's question. It was something like "What do you think about 'The Cape'?". When someone will read this thread a few years from now they will be wondering what we were talking about.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Devo Post # 5 | Thursday, 31 Mar 2011 - 10:42
Group: Friends
Quote (Fermi)
The poll result Awesome 39% Good 28% Not Bad 21% Bad 6% Awful 4% I does not have the felling this was the opinion of the contributing users

I am surprised anyone voted awesome if it was a poll about how good The Cape was.

Summer Glau is awesometastic, but The Cape was middling at best. And even then, that is considering it starred Summer Glau.

Fermi Post # 6 | Tuesday, 06 Sep 2011 - 01:07
The poll result

55% believe that we will get a tscc continuation.
44% think that we wont.

The new question who would win the death match? River or Cameron?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 7 | Tuesday, 06 Sep 2011 - 08:31
Quote (Fermi)
55% believe that we will get a tscc continuation.
44% think that we wont.

Close results, but the optimistic answer won anyway. May our readers be right...

The new question who would win the death match? River or Cameron?

Summer herself answered that question during Knights of Badassdom panel at Comic Con 2011; watch how embarrassed she felt when asked that question and how charming she is her in these moments.

Blazius Post # 8 | Wednesday, 07 Sep 2011 - 02:07
Quote (michelangelo)
how charming she is her in these moments.

She is so sweet always, I can't put it into words. I love how much she smiles. She is such a smiling girl its strange why she always gets roles where she doesn't get to smile. Her smile is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Quote (michelangelo)
watch how embarrassed she felt when asked that question

I think she is embarrassed because she feared that she might not be able to give the right answer. Its not exactly her department. Her response indicates that she looks way differently to these characters than we are which is understandable because she played hem after all but it wasn't she who wrote them.

She might know their feelings, their thinking, their motives and she has a great part in creating these traits of these characters because it depends on how she actually interprets the writers ideas to the audience.(Summer seems very involved in her characters compared to most other actors) but the "who wins" scenarios are not her business, the writer decides it entirely.

First she asks the audience because she has no idea. Its a returning pattern in her interviews that she really tries to say something that would please the audience but she is often clueless what is "required" from her to say and this causes most of her awkward and cute moments. She apparently tries to be honest with the fans but she fears that she won't be "cool" enough that way( if only she knew how cool she is wink ).

Then she approaches the problem from a professional point of view and talks about how hard was it to play their fighting scenes.

She chose River because that was the hardest fighting scene she's ever done("she is the best trained") and I think from an actors point of view she gave the best answer.

I say she may be right BTW but depends on the circumstance. In an all out brawl with Rivers swords and Camerons bare hands Cam would shatter poor Rivers bones into dust.

Cameron moreover has another advantage: River can't read her and therefore she might not be able to dodge her attacks. This might be a problem in a gunfight too. However River has flexibility on her side and maybe she is precog too and that would negate the machine brain problem.

Moreover River is super-intelligent and if she can prepare she might be able to set up a nasty trap for Cam.

Cam also has limited strategy limited to only using her sheer strenght while River could outwit her fairly easily(even Sarah and John did that and River is far smarter than them) It also depend on the weapons available. If River gets future guns then she likely wins while with 21th century weapons she better choose another option than trying to penetrate Cams coltan alloy armor with guns.

I think despite all my love for Cameron I'll have to give this fight for River. It might be a close fight but I think Cam is a bit too straightforward to beat River( and therefore I came to the same conclusion as Summer herself biggrin )

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 9 | Wednesday, 07 Sep 2011 - 08:32
Thanks for the insightful post Blazius!
I am incompetent to answer that type of question because i'm 100% behind the writers. If TSCC writers wants Cameron to fly, that is fine with me; i won't spent 2 pages discussing the law of gravity and the technology available in 2027. For the same reasons, i won't discuss River's capacity to influence a brain or a chip, i leave that to writers, professionals like Josh Friedman or amateurs like you.

Fermi Post # 10 | Saturday, 01 Oct 2011 - 19:34
81% thought that Cameron Phillips would win the death match, 18% thought River would win. I don't know what remaining 1% thought.

In the next poll we wondering how people found this site.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 11 | Thursday, 29 Dec 2011 - 14:09
Quote (Fermi)
81% thought that Cameron Phillips would win the death match, 18% thought River would win. I don't know what remaining 1% thought.

In the next poll we wondering how people found this site.

The results have noticeably changed :

1. Cameron Phillips 115 72%
2. River Tam 43 27%

Answers total: 158

Still waiting for the poll change...

chrisdvanne_ Post # 12 | Monday, 02 Apr 2012 - 20:21
Here's the results of the poll on the news page :

Almost 50% of the visitors (who have answered the poll) found us via a Search Engine which is too important imo; for a few month, i'm trying to favor a more direct approach with Summer Glau fans and a closer friendship with other fansites, which is a win-win situation for everyone i think.

A new poll is now on the news page; the goal is to get to know what you prefer and what could be improved. Taking on the poll and/or leaving a comment in this thread or the "Make a Suggestion" forum thread is always very appreciated; never forget that the essence of the Wiki is to build the site together.

What do you like most about this site?
1. All the great pictures

2. The discussion board

3. The news/blogs

4. The design

Blazius Post # 13 | Tuesday, 03 Apr 2012 - 19:01
Can I pick more than one smile ?

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 14 | Wednesday, 11 Apr 2012 - 00:52
Quote (Blazius)
Can I pick more than one ?

By looking at the results so far, it looks like you belong to the minority who likes more than one features; a large majority of people likes (most) the pictures.

Edit : if casual visitors like pictures, they have many opportunities to be happy since Fermi , me and a few others add regularly new photos, new HQ scans and we make also regularly fanart.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Wednesday, 11 Apr 2012, 01:06

chrisdvanne_ Post # 15 | Wednesday, 11 Apr 2012 - 15:16
A visitor liked the design which means the "news/blog" is on par with the "design" option; either the visitor is Fermi's cousin or he missed the button tongue

More serioulsly, i'm worried if almost noone visit the site for the news or blog post.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Poll result
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: