menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Please introduce yourself (Greetings new members)
Please introduce yourself
chrisdvanne_ Post # 61 | Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011 - 09:36
Group: Administrators
Quote (FordStaff)
Alright. It is still just surprising to me that there are French and Hungarian fans of Summer even if there are not that many.

TV shows like Firefly or TSCC were sold internationally; even her other TV shows or movies were broadcasted outside the USA/Canada, so that it's not surprising to have non US fans.

I think the internet amplified that trend; i became a fan of Summer since TSCC which i saw online (in original version), not in France, and participated to US TSCC forums. I have no presence in French forums. Under those circumstances, one could wonder if i should be counted in the French or US fans?

Whereas i saw The X-Files 'live' in French TV back in the time (the Web just started) and watched Buffy online in French version. As you can see, things are a little bit confusing these days and the nationality of a member is not a relevant data imo.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

FordStaff Post # 62 | Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011 - 09:46
Group: Friends
Is it only US television (and UK) that is sold internationally then? At least in the United States I have never seen heard of or sought a French Television show. That may be the confusion for me.

Do not get me wrong I am not under the impression that those shows were not distributed internationally. It is just from my American perspective I doubt I will ever become a fan of any French actor (can not even name one) so that is why I find it odd that a French person would become a fan of an American actress. I do see how it could happen, just a culture block making it hard for me to imagine I suppose. Or to put it more bluntly Americans do not get much exposure to much besides British Television and Movies unless they really go out of their way, and inconvenience is not the general attitude in the United States.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Message edited by FordStaff - Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 09:50

chrisdvanne_ Post # 63 | Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011 - 10:14
The Summer Glau Wiki is not the place to discuss the influence (domination?) of the USA entertainment industry on the entire wold; this is just a fact . I cannot think of a French tv show sold outside Europ, even less an Italian or Hungarian one btw.

Frankly, i have not thought about it before but it would be weird for me also that an US resident would be fan of a French actress, so that your perspective is that not strange (minus the dominance i noticed previously).

Though it happens that US majors production company buy the rights from a French movie and produce a remake; did you know that 'True Lies' (1994) starring Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger and Jamie Lee Curtis was a French movie before Hollywood made a remake?

reiver Post # 64 | Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011 - 14:49
Quote (FordStaff)
Alright. It is still just surprising to me that there are French and Hungarian fans of Summer even if there are not that many.

I can still tell you that I speak with many people from my country who have created a forum for series and discuss everything ........ so now we are somewhere 800 people on forum..... many of as we are fans of summer glau ... so don't you surprised about that wink

michelangelo-------> i'm a fan of Louis de Funès (respect) smile

i'm blind not deaf - IllidaN

chrisdvanne_ Post # 65 | Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011 - 15:03
Quote (reiver)
michelangelo-------> i'm a fan of Louis de Funès (respect) smile

Lol! Me too.

La Grande Vadrouille (1966) starring Louis de Funes (on top) and Bourvil

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 15:04

reiver Post # 66 | Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011 - 15:07
hahahahahhahaha epic photo!!! +1

i'm blind not deaf - IllidaN

FordStaff Post # 67 | Wednesday, 19 Oct 2011 - 04:25
I can still tell you that I speak with many people from my country who have created a forum for series and discuss everything ........ so now we are somewhere 800 people on forum..... many of as we are fans of summer glau ... so don't you surprised about that wink

Interesting. As far as I can tell that is not an occurrence in the United States. People rarely seek culture outside of the United States from within. It may have to do with the fact that in European Countries there is vastly more proximity to other countries whereas in the United States we only have two countries bordering us. Even finding fans of a British film or television show is rare here even when it is one of the closest countries culturally speaking.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 68 | Wednesday, 19 Oct 2011 - 10:56
Quote (FordStaff)
As far as I can tell that is not an occurrence in the United States. People rarely seek culture outside of the United States from within.

Why would they do that?
The US entertainment industry provides enough programs to feed their needs (and ours as Europeans at the same time) for a lifetime.

Blazius Post # 69 | Wednesday, 19 Oct 2011 - 16:13
Quote (reiver)
michelangelo-------> i'm a fan of Louis de Funès (respect)

Count me in too! He is fairly popular in Hungary BTW.

Quote (michelangelo)
Why would they do that?
The US entertainment industry provides enough programs to feed their needs (and ours as Europeans at the same time) for a lifetime.

Agreed.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Chris Post # 70 | Friday, 28 Oct 2011 - 09:49
Hey all I its great to see more fans of such a beautiful and talented actress its so hard to find someone that follows her and is aware of her work that doesnt think she is simply amazing.

It would seem that i am like many of you in that I discovered Summer Glau's talents when she played the role of Cameron in TSCC my attraction to her wasn't the fact that she is hot but the way she portrayed the character making is so open to interpretation and the belief that there was so much more there if you dared to scratch the surface combine her talents with the rest of the cast and you had an amazing show that unfortunately didnt last long enough I think largely to creating a Sarah going crazy stage too early in the series but in the context of the story these things had to happen so I guess we are stuck with dreaming for more TSCC.

Since then I have been scouring the internet for Summer Glau and Thomas Dekker works predominately as they both hold the greatest appeal for me in their works.

I live in Australia my name is Chris although I use Monty197727 almost extensively with any site sign ups I am 34 years old and work as a Boiler Technician. I have always been a Terminator fan since at the tender age of 14 I dragged my father to the cinema to watch Terminator 2 and to my amazement he thought the movie was fantastic props to James Cameron the writers and the actors for impressing the most difficult to please man I have ever met when it comes to modern movies.

i found this site threw my searches for all things Summer Glau related, on that note if anyone has a spare copy of the FHM magazine issue with Summer Glau on the cover I would love to hear from you since they have sold out of the back copies now I think the effort that fans put into running a site like this to celebrate and share the achievements of talented actors and actresses is the biggest testimony you can give that person for how profound an influence their craft as made on you.

I also discovered Fan Fiction through my desperation in getting my TSCC fix and it opened a new world of talented creative people to me, unfortunately I can read the stories faster then they can be written but from reading others stories and having an over active imagination that died a few years ago but was reborn after watching the TSCC then reading peoples Fan Fiction works I couldn't help but start putting pen to paper myself however I am a far cry from the writing talent of some people like The#1Russter, Pjazz,Enigma6482, Dekardkain and Meanoldmoe just to name a few the enjoyment from their shared stories has been a real eye opener to me since I have started with my writing as to how much talent that these people posses firstly in their writing skills and their creativity, some stories are funny The Secret Diary of Cameron Baum, or heart wrenching and entertaining leaving you with some amazing cliff hangers with the potential of massive showdowns lke Reunion does or creative pieces to fill in the gaps of unexplained events like the lead up to Cameron finding John in Red Valley New Mexico.

I hope to see some of you at the TSCC NO FATE convention in May 2012 not to mention still praying for Summer Glau to agree to attend.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 71 | Friday, 28 Oct 2011 - 10:18
Thanks for sharing a few words with us chris! I see that we share a similar journey, as a lot of fans of summer.

Allow me to remind lurkers that giving details about your personal life as well as your real name is not mandatory to become a members of this awesome fansite (i did not).

The Summer Glau Wiki gives regularly news about Thomas Dekker or other TSCC alumns on the site and we also launched a Readers Club where we invited visitors to read 'Reunion ' from The1Russter; you can see the authors comments on the thread : TtSCC-Fanfic links here

Quote (Chris)
if anyone has a spare copy of the FHM magazine issue with Summer Glau on the cover I would love to hear from you since they have sold out of the back copies now

Summer has never been on the cover of FHM to my knowledge; us fans have been misguided by the scans released at the time. We will fix the misleading titles on the Summer Glau Wiki.

I have the booklet featuring the FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2011, and there is a photoshoot the other scans are from but it has not been released by FHM yet.

Chris Post # 72 | Friday, 28 Oct 2011 - 11:55
My understanding is its the May 2011 UK edition where an article waa done on Summer Glau but I could be wrong not like it would be the first time, either way its no longer available cry

chrisdvanne_ Post # 73 | Friday, 28 Oct 2011 - 12:09
Quote (Chris)
My understanding is its the May 2011 UK edition where an article waa done on Summer Glau but I could be wrong not like it would be the first time, either way its no longer available cry

No chris, you're right about an article being done in the May 201 issue of the magazine (not the cover though); here's the thumbnail of the scan :

Click for bigger size
FHM scans

At the time, we all thought (FHM included) that Summer would be in the top 10 of the 100 Sexiest Women 2011 contest. The results, released in the booklet included in the June 2011 issue of the magazine, revealed otherwise.

All scans and more can be seen on the gallery : Photoshootings > FHM

chrisdvanne_ Post # 74 | Sunday, 30 Oct 2011 - 02:35
Don't be shy, we'd like to hear from you.

Fermi Post # 75 | Tuesday, 29 Nov 2011 - 14:40
A big welcome to our new member chrisdvanne.

You can't stop the signal!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Off Topic » The Water Cooler » Please introduce yourself (Greetings new members)
Search: